Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Such a great present for my virtual stocking on Christmas morn. Wonderful news!
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Thank you for all the support guys! I post the latest updates for this world on http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR but will make sure to update some more in here as well :blush:

Crowkeeper has made some nice adjustments to Mordor as well as Gondor! Here's the latest progress:

tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv99x5u14r1useog9o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nvetu1ISUB1useog9o10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nvetu1ISUB1useog9o8_r1_1280.jpg
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Looking amazing :D
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    @RivendellStar Thank you so much though I only built very little of the buildings - The builder in this world is mostly Crowkeeperthesimmer which makes these awesome lots for the world :blush::smiley: I am sorry you didn't get to play Sims 3, but hey, Sims 4 building seems just as fun! :blush:

OFFICIAL UPDATE: THE WORLD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON 25th OF DECEMBER CHRISTMAS MORNING! :smiley:

We are working on the world almost each day so a lot of things happen, so I forget to post in here :blush: For lower end laptops I also have some good news: The world loads in 30 seconds and we are putting a lot of effort into having an almost routing bug free world so it can be playable! :smile:

Oh I'm so excited! My computer should be ready then. What fun over the holidays!
  • Xristos2300Xristos2300 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love it can where can i download this?
    I love it can where can i download this?

It will be ready for download in December
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited October 2015
    Woahwoahwoahwoah!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Xristos2300Xristos2300 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2015
    OK pls inform me
    @Xristos2300 bookmark this thread and please delete your email you can't post personal info in the forum Thanks
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Just can't wait, this is better than Christmast o.O
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited November 2015
    This is absolutely gorgeous! I think no-body wanted to take Middle Earth on because it's such a daunting task (me included :P) so I have to take my hat off to you guys - this takes guts! And you are pulling it off beautifully. Well done :D. Quick question - is there a lot of CC in it? My game dies from CC, and I would love to play this.

Nevermind... I found your comment on CC :smile: . If there isn't too much then I definitely will be downloading this! One thought - have you considered going completely roadless? Cars in that world would be an abomination! I've built 8 worlds without roads (nothing as amazing as yours - I'm awed!) but with paths only, and they all work fine (one world - a small one, is entirely path and road free, with no problems). As long as you have a path on either end of a bridge, the bridge will work. The only things you can't do with a road-free world is have service NPC's or place schools (the kids keep getting into trouble for bunking because the bus doesn't turn up ;P). I only used to place one path running everywhere, but I've started doubling up, and adding connecting intersections here and there to give more routing options.

I'm so eager to convince you, that I would be very happy to offer my services as path-builder, should you decide to go roadless :).

If you are concerned about appearance - I use a transparent texture so that the path is invisible, then use terrain paint to define the road... like so:

screenshot-226.jpg?w=474&h=355

screenshot-1160.jpg

screenshot-3.jpg

screenshot-90.jpg?w=588

This one isn't mine - it's auntielynd's Castlekeep, the roadless version.

screen10.jpg

This is a WIP by Rhodalle:

SameStoryNewWorldHonalee5_zps80ae5c46.png

And never a car in sight!

Post edited by anetherron on
    edited November 2015
    Oh, and I wanted to suggest - if you want to make Mordor really dangerous, you could try this:

Place a few lots with collectables on the lava flows, then place World Adventure fire traps (some hidden, some flaming, if you want) dotted around the collectables, like this:

screenshot-9.jpg

screenshot-8.jpg

And my final comment - how on earth do you guys get your mountains so beautifully sculpted? It must take ages! Mine always seem to end up with a definite marshmallowy feel to them LOL. What's the secret?
  • HogwartsWitchHogwartsWitch Posts: 101 Member
    Holy cow!! just WOW!!! this is awesome!! Great job really you have skills
    Current Packs I own which isn't much...

Get To Work
    Outdoor Retreat
    Holiday Celebration
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Bowling Stuff
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    @Esine Thank you :blush:

@Silvakristiina Thank you Silva :wink:

@anetherron Thank you Anetherron! I could not have done this project without Crowkeeper and her amazing building skills :blush: There will be only a small amount of CC which we have playtested nomuerous occasions with the world with patch 1.67 on different computers :smile: It is not a lot we have used :blush:

Also the world is already roadless as it seemed a much better fit for the LOTR universe :smiley: Thank you for offering your help though, really appreciate it :wink:

I love your suggestion for Mordor!!

The mountains are either a distant terrain by EA (The surrounding mountains) but the misty mountains I sculpted myself.. I guess I was lucky as the first 50 times it looked like big marshmallows as you so perfectly described it :smiley: But I guess the main secret is using DT for the surrounding area :blush:

@HowartsWitch Thank you so much! Especially the credit should go to Crowkeeper for making these wonderful replicas from the movies for Sims 3 :smiley:
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    Looking so GORGEOUS!!!
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    @anetherron Thank you Anetherron! I could not have done this project without Crowkeeper and her amazing building skills :blush: There will be only a small amount of CC which we have playtested nomuerous occasions with the world with patch 1.67 on different computers :smile: It is not a lot we have used :blush:

Also the world is already roadless as it seemed a much better fit for the LOTR universe :smiley: Thank you for offering your help though, really appreciate it :wink:

Awwww... and I made such a good pitch for it! JK! :P. I'm very happy to hear that. This world is so stunning, I cannot wait to play it!
  • Geek1ElkGeek1Elk Posts: 35 Member
    My god... It's so amazing!
  • vojtahelvojtahel Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2015
    Everything looks amazing, but placement of parts of the world (The Shire, Bree, Rivendell) is not correct... It would be better if all parts were separate worlds. But now it is probably too late...
  • bublinakbublinak Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys:) Crowkeeper here:)
    I wanted to thank you all of you for your kind words and support:)

@vojtahel
    We are aware that the parts are not placed correctly. We werent trying to do an exact replica. I understand that you might feel that having a separate world for each location would be better but that is simply not what we are going for. What we want is a world that contains the most famous places and scenes from the movies for LOTR fans to enjoy:)

The players will be able to travel with their sims through different landscapes and locations...and that is what makes it fun up to me:)
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    This is just simply astonishing...I can't wait to have this world for my very own, I am literally giddy with anticipation! Thank you for your hard work on this. I am (im)patiently looking forward to the release date in December! :blush:
    OK, I understand :) It´s still amazing. It would be even more amazing if you will add Erebor from The Hobbit. But if not, It´s OK, I´ll add it myself :)
  • ssglennssglenn Posts: 1 New Member
    When/where is this available for download?? It is absolutely AMAZING!!!
    edited November 2015
    @ssglenn You will be able to download it at 25th december :)
  • beonlyyoursbeonlyyours Posts: 1 New Member
    This is my dreams come true. I can't wait! Thank you so much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top