May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hugs and love @Sennie. I hope you are able to find some peace as you go through this week and into Thursday's funeral. <3
  • Options
    SephySimsSephySims Posts: 18 New Member
    I'm currently very nervous because my beloved cat is going for an operation tomorrow.
    A couple of weeks ago she was having fits so we took her to the vet and after a couple of tests they found that her thyroid had flared up again. Now she had the same issue a year ago so it wasn't anything we were worried about because she can take pills for it. The other problem is though when they took x-rays, they found she had a mass. The trouble is they are not sure exactly were. They think it is either on the liver or the spleen and my bf and I decided to go ahead with the operation to see what they can do about it.
    If its the spleen there's a pretty good chance they'll be able to remove it.
    If it's the liver, they have advised they cannot do anything about it. On the upside, at least we would know what it is and can know what to expect for the upcoming months.

She is an old cat. She's 14 years+ (we're not exactly sure because she was a stray) but we've only had her for the last 4 and it doesn't feel long enough.
    There's also the added worry that the operation would be too much for her :( We know the vet would not go ahead with it if she didn't think my cat would survive it but still. She had an operation a year ago for the thyroid and she was right as rain the next day.

It's just one of those scenarios where we won't know what the right answer is until we do something.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,675 Member
    SephySims wrote: »
    I'm currently very nervous because my beloved cat is going for an operation tomorrow.
    A couple of weeks ago she was having fits so we took her to the vet and after a couple of tests they found that her thyroid had flared up again. Now she had the same issue a year ago so it wasn't anything we were worried about because she can take pills for it. The other problem is though when they took x-rays, they found she had a mass. The trouble is they are not sure exactly were. They think it is either on the liver or the spleen and my bf and I decided to go ahead with the operation to see what they can do about it.
    If its the spleen there's a pretty good chance they'll be able to remove it.
    If it's the liver, they have advised they cannot do anything about it. On the upside, at least we would know what it is and can know what to expect for the upcoming months.

She is an old cat. She's 14 years+ (we're not exactly sure because she was a stray) but we've only had her for the last 4 and it doesn't feel long enough.
    There's also the added worry that the operation would be too much for her :( We know the vet would not go ahead with it if she didn't think my cat would survive it but still. She had an operation a year ago for the thyroid and she was right as rain the next day.

It's just one of those scenarios where we won't know what the right answer is until we do something.

Hello @SephySims . I am sorry to hear that your loved cat is unwell. It would be very upsetting for you to see your cat sick. I send big hugs to you <3 It is concerning for you because you are uncertain whether it is the liver and spleen, and how the operation will go. The vet will look after your cat, and will provide the most beneficial treatment to help her. They will be in the best postion to know the extent of her health once the oparetion takes place, then can advise you on the way ahead.
    I will keep you and your cat in my thoughts as she has the operation. It would be good to hear how the operation goes, if you would like to post here after the surgery . Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    CharsimaticCharsimatic Posts: 35 Member
    Hello.
    This is a wonderful idea for a thread, and I'm looking around at different things I find interesting since I'm completely new here.

I don't have any health issues currently, luckily my family members are all fine. I'm in a loving relationship and he's incredibly excited because he got a new job that pays well, especially since he's been struggling with money since he graduated in December.

However, I am worried about my own schooling right now. I've been in college for six years now, and I'm planning on graduating in December. If everything goes according to plan, I will be able to, and that's the first time I can say that since coming to school in 2010. I've failed so many classes I honestly think something's wrong with me, and I've had to change my major because my GPA wasn't good enough to get into the program for Occupational Therapy.

When I changed my degree, I found out it's basically a blanket degree so once I earn that (it's a bachelor's) I need to go through MORE schooling to get certification in whatever I decide to do. I'm still looking at my options, but I need to decide soon since I'll be graduating and need to look into where to go next.

I'm pretty far into student debt, and my dad refuses to take out any more loans, so I'm paying for my remaining 4 classes out of pocket. I did get a job this summer doing something I love, coaching a color guard at a local high school, so that will help me pay for those classes, but I won't have any money remaining once I go through that.

Right now I'm taking 18 credits, I work, and I'm interning for my capstone class, trying to cram in the 120 hours I need before the end of the semester, which is April 29th. I currently have 80 of those hours, so in order to get the rest of them, I need to quit my job.

I have really bad anxiety, so that's preventing me from contacting my boss and telling her I need to quit immediately, even though I know every day that goes by I'm disadvantaging her more. I'm just too scared of the backlash I'll get from her to contact her, and the idea of doing it makes my heart race.

My anxiety also prevented me from going to class for two weeks straight, so I missed some assignments and even a test in my classes, so now I'm even more concerned about not graduating because I'm unsure if I'll pass all my classes this semester. I'm working hard to raise my grades, but there's two classes I'm highly worried about.

I also need to register for a class that has required prerequisites for it that I'm taking this summer, but the professor won't let me register for the class and told me she'd override me into the class if there were still spots open for it when I could finally register for it at the end of the summer, which completely eliminates the purpose of overriding me into the class. There are two other sections, but one of the professors I've had before and we didn't get along (Seriously her chin goes so high in the air when she sees me I think she's going to fly into space) and the other professor, I've heard, is hard to understand and doesn't give out help to his students even when they come to him. The professor I want I have currently and I am doing very well in her class, so she'd be the best professor for me.

Every time I talk to my parents, they keep telling me how it's crunch time and how I can't drop the ball on this, and it stresses me out even more than I already am, because I know all this and I'm already super scared about my future. I just want to graduate and get out of here, because it's killing my anxiety and my overall mental and physical health.
    m1EdcVu.jpg
    www.charsimatic.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Hello.
    This is a wonderful idea for a thread, and I'm looking around at different things I find interesting since I'm completely new here.

I don't have any health issues currently, luckily my family members are all fine. I'm in a loving relationship and he's incredibly excited because he got a new job that pays well, especially since he's been struggling with money since he graduated in December.

However, I am worried about my own schooling right now. I've been in college for six years now, and I'm planning on graduating in December. If everything goes according to plan, I will be able to, and that's the first time I can say that since coming to school in 2010. I've failed so many classes I honestly think something's wrong with me, and I've had to change my major because my GPA wasn't good enough to get into the program for Occupational Therapy.

When I changed my degree, I found out it's basically a blanket degree so once I earn that (it's a bachelor's) I need to go through MORE schooling to get certification in whatever I decide to do. I'm still looking at my options, but I need to decide soon since I'll be graduating and need to look into where to go next.

I'm pretty far into student debt, and my dad refuses to take out any more loans, so I'm paying for my remaining 4 classes out of pocket. I did get a job this summer doing something I love, coaching a color guard at a local high school, so that will help me pay for those classes, but I won't have any money remaining once I go through that.

Right now I'm taking 18 credits, I work, and I'm interning for my capstone class, trying to cram in the 120 hours I need before the end of the semester, which is April 29th. I currently have 80 of those hours, so in order to get the rest of them, I need to quit my job.

I have really bad anxiety, so that's preventing me from contacting my boss and telling her I need to quit immediately, even though I know every day that goes by I'm disadvantaging her more. I'm just too scared of the backlash I'll get from her to contact her, and the idea of doing it makes my heart race.

My anxiety also prevented me from going to class for two weeks straight, so I missed some assignments and even a test in my classes, so now I'm even more concerned about not graduating because I'm unsure if I'll pass all my classes this semester. I'm working hard to raise my grades, but there's two classes I'm highly worried about.

I also need to register for a class that has required prerequisites for it that I'm taking this summer, but the professor won't let me register for the class and told me she'd override me into the class if there were still spots open for it when I could finally register for it at the end of the summer, which completely eliminates the purpose of overriding me into the class. There are two other sections, but one of the professors I've had before and we didn't get along (Seriously her chin goes so high in the air when she sees me I think she's going to fly into space) and the other professor, I've heard, is hard to understand and doesn't give out help to his students even when they come to him. The professor I want I have currently and I am doing very well in her class, so she'd be the best professor for me.

Every time I talk to my parents, they keep telling me how it's crunch time and how I can't drop the ball on this, and it stresses me out even more than I already am, because I know all this and I'm already super scared about my future. I just want to graduate and get out of here, because it's killing my anxiety and my overall mental and physical health.

Hello @Charsimatic . You have many things happening in your life. Studying can be very stressful and can make you feel under a lot of pressure and strain. I send hugs to you <3 It would be best to be in touch with your employer and explain the situation to her. By resigning from your work, it will free up more of your time and will give you the extra time that you need for your studies and all the other areas of your life, as well as relieving some of the anxiety that is building up inside of you, that you are fearful of letting your employer know. You will also not have the pressures that may come from working. Perhaps you could explain that you may like to return to the position if it is available, after you graduate.
    Try to take some time to rest in the midst of your busyness and the pressures of studying. It will be good for your mental and physical health and well being. Go for a walk outdoors in the air, have a read of a book, listen to some music or watch tv or a movie, or do something that you enjoy doing, that will help you to focus on something else for a short time. It will renew your mind and body, and help you to return refreshed to your studies . Try to get sleep because that is very beneficial for our overall well being. It allows our body and mind a time to renew itself.
    The main thing to remember that in the midst of all your studies, you are a special person, and whatever the results of your classes and exams doesn't change you as a person inside. When you know that you have tried your best, and done the needed study preparations and work for the study tasks , then you can rest deep down knowing that you have done what you can. Your loved ones love you as you, not for your study results.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am sorry to hear about the kitty, I hope that it fairs well, I know it is hard when your little Fur babies are sick, so Hugs to you , and I hope all ends well, may she get better and be happy.
  • Options
    MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    Can I just have some positive thoughts/hugs/whatever sent my way? I'm having a rough time in my marriage and could use the positive thoughts! Thanks!
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • Options
    Can I just have some positive thoughts/hugs/whatever sent my way? I'm having a rough time in my marriage and could use the positive thoughts! Thanks!

Hello @MeadowThayerr. I am sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time in your marriage. I send big hugs to you <3 I send special thoughts to you in all that your life is holding day by day.
  • Options
    MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow it means so much to me especially since you responded so quickly. :)
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • Options
    CharsimaticCharsimatic Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow! That helped me feel better already :)
    m1EdcVu.jpg
    www.charsimatic.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,041 Member
    I wanna kill myself because I am a money game addict and my friends are angry to me :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear some are having a rough time of it, I can only hope it gets better for you all, May you all have a wonderful day, and I will keep you all in my prayers, Happy Simming.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I wanna kill myself because I am a money game addict and my friends are angry to me :(

Hello @ULIBABA66 . Your life is very precious. You are a very special person, who is fighting a gambling addiction. It would be very beneficial for you to be in contact with your doctor and tell him about your addiction and the effect that it is having on your life. You can explain to him how you are feeling , and the thoughts that you are experiencing. He will listen, help and support you, and will be able to refer you to a counsellor who will be able to help you with your addiction. They will listen to you, offer advice and supportive help. and talk things through with you.
    I send a hug to you <3 and hope that you will seek medical and counselling help for your addiction.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @ULIBABA66 . Your life is very precious. You are a very special person, who is fighting a gambling addiction. It would be very beneficial for you to be in contact with your doctor and tell him about your addiction and the effect that it is having on your life. You can explain to him how you are feeling , and the thoughts that you are experiencing. He will listen, help and support you, and will be able to refer you to a counsellor who will be able to help you with your addiction. They will listen to you, offer advice and supportive help. and talk things through with you.
    I send a hug to you <3 and hope that you will seek medical and counselling help for your addiction.

Thank you lovely! <3 I feel a lot better now that I talked with my mom about my use of money and it makes me feel a lot better! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Thank you lovely! <3 I feel a lot better now that I talked with my mom about my use of money and it makes me feel a lot better! :)

Hello :) It is good that you have talked over with your mom about your use of money. She will continue to caringly help and support you. I am glad that talking things over with her has helped you to feel better. <3
  • Options

Hello :) It is good that you have talked over with your mom about your use of money. She will continue to caringly help and support you. I am glad that talking things over with her has helped you to feel better. <3

Yeah, now I'm listening to music in my room and I'm excited that we will get The Sims 4 news next week! :)
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    I think the best way to help people is with an introduction.

Just call me by Missy. I been through a lot; including verbal / emotional and physical abuse from my dad. I have moved out and I live with my mom. I've dealt with depression, social anxiety, and bullying throughout my life. I wanted to introduce myself so someone going through these problems have someone to relate to and feel safe talking to. Present day, I'm alright now; my life is so much better than it used to be.

I want to try to be on the forum topic often to help people. I would love to help all of you.

-Fair warning: I have my days where I'm just super sad.

I can relate to you, my past with my dad wasn't so bright either. Also had an accident was i was little and got bullied too. My cure was leaving this morbid environment, went to college found a job a good boyfriend and my best friend and now sometimes everything in my past seems like a bad dream!
  • Options
    Hello @iriefthi . I am sorry to hear that your past has held painful and upsetting times and experiences. It was not nice that you went through those times. I send a hug to you <3 I am glad that the present times are brighter for you. It is great that you have been to college, are employed in a job and that you have the caring support of your boyfriend and best friend.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow for the kind words!

@Sennie i am so sorry about your loss. Your dad must have been a wonderful person. I was away from the forums for some time and i didn't know. In situations like these the only thing helping me feel good is thinking that they go to a much better place and that where they go they find peace and that they are happy. And when the see us sad down here they become sad too. I am sure your dad is going to continue take care of you from where he is now :) I send big hugs to you and your family :)<3
  • Options
    SephySimsSephySims Posts: 18 New Member
    Thank you guys so much for your support!
    The operation went well and she's recovering fine. They did find the mass and it is in her liver. The vet says its quite a peculiar shape for a mass so it's difficult to predict how it might affect her. She even took photos to show us! Its this red bulgy thing with little black ball-things on it We're weighing up the options at the moment. Vet says we can try chemotherapy or we can try steroids which will help her gain weight as she's not eating great at the moment. I say that, however this morning she stuck her face into my egg and toast so you would never guess she was ill :)
    It is bittersweet because I'm so happy she survived the surgery but the news itself isn't great. Either way, I'm still happy we've got her a for a while longer :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    SephySims wrote: »
    Thank you guys so much for your support!
    The operation went well and she's recovering fine. They did find the mass and it is in her liver. The vet says its quite a peculiar shape for a mass so it's difficult to predict how it might affect her. She even took photos to show us! Its this red bulgy thing with little black ball-things on it We're weighing up the options at the moment. Vet says we can try chemotherapy or we can try steroids which will help her gain weight as she's not eating great at the moment. I say that, however this morning she stuck her face into my egg and toast so you would never guess she was ill :)
    It is bittersweet because I'm so happy she survived the surgery but the news itself isn't great. Either way, I'm still happy we've got her a for a while longer :)

Hello @SephySims . Thankyou very much for letting us know how the surgery went. I am glad that the surgery went well, that she made it through the operation and that now she is recovering from it. I am sorry to hear that the news wasn't too good and the mass is in her liver . It was thougtful of the vet to take photos of it to help you see and understand what it looks like. I will keep you in my thoughts as you think about and decide which option to take that will be the most beneficial treatment for her health. I send hugs to you as you go through this concerning time. <3 You would be treasuring the time that you are spending with her.
  • Options
    SephySims, I am so happy that you have your little Fur baby for awhile longer, it is great news, thank you so much for sharing, May god bless your little bundle of Fur, as well as your whole family.
  • Options
    I wanna do something bad to myself again :( nobody 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cares about me to be honest :/ I hate my life... ok gonna die tonight bye!
  • Options
    I wanna do something bad to myself again :( nobody 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cares about me to be honest :/ I hate my life... ok gonna die tonight bye!

Please remeber that your life is very precious!! I am sure your family loves you very much, everything can be solved if you talk about your problems and concerns and i am sure you will get support either here or inside your family!
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

:o

Please don't!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top