Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop by and give you all an update.

Life is still a struggle without my Dad but we're coping ok, or at least I am. My Mum is still really upset and barely speaks a word now and my brothers and sister never talk now. I'm sure they want to but no one can find the words. Yesterday I saw Becky in the hallway and we both looked at each other for a few seconds, and though I wanted to speak I almost felt like crying so quickly went back to my bed. I'm not moaning because I know there are people far worse of than us, but I just wish one of us could find the strength to talk. The other day I did try and start a conversation but everyone left the room, so I guess I was a little upset yesterday because I couldn't even say a word.

Dad's funeral is next Thursday and this week that has been on my mind a lot. I've never been to a funeral before so I am dreading it. I know my brother James is making a speech and I'm not sure if I should or not. I know I'd have a lot of wonderful things to say about my Dad, but I think I'd probably burst in to tears. So I am still thinking of what to do there.
    But for now I am trying not to think of the funeral.

I'm also struggling a lot more to cope with the ASD and OCD now. Some of the thoughts I have are horrible and surprisingly the worries aren't so bad, I get pains here and there but nothing like they were on the weekend. I felt a little sick this morning, but I drank a milkshake in under a minute so I guessed it must be that.

Overall we're doing ok, it's just a really hard and upsetting time. I'm also talking with SimGuruDrake and hopefully SimGuruBChick which is helping me a lot, not to mention the support I've got from here and my friends :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Matthew. Big hugs! <3 I lost my dad in September, I can relate. My best word of advice... cry when you need to. Don't try to hold it back. When you feel the need to cry, let it out.

Hello @ChelleJo . I send big hugs to you <3 with the passing away of your loved and loving dad last September. You will always keep treasured and special memories and thoughts of him in your heart and mind. Thankyou for your kind, thougtful and caring words of empathy to Matthew.
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hi everyone. I know I don't comment much here, but I do read all your comments and send best wishes to you all mentally.
    I've brought myself here into the comment box now because I feel like I need to speak up a bit. I know this isn't going to be as spectacular as some other things, like losing a loved one, but I feel like I shouldn't sit in silence and just share this with my immediate friends.
    I'm a 15-year-old girl and I have an 18-year-old sister who, quite frankly, bullies me into a few things, like, playing a game with her, or watching a film or TV programme when I don't want to. Another thing is if she asks me to do something, like, go get, say, a nail varnish from her room, even if she tells me what colour she wants, and I try my best to find it, and I get the wrong one, she calls me something like "Stupid" or "Dumb". If we're talking to mum, and I say something that my sister doesn't like, she'll punch my arm pretty hard. She's done that for about 2 years.
    I was actually born right-handed, but after a hockey accident involving my hand and 3 hockey sticks, bruising under the nails of two of my fingers on my right hand, I was forced to use my left hand. I got used to this, and switched all together. My sister thinks that decision was stupid, and I should use the hand I wad born with. This is one of the few things I can actually safely ignore.
    My parents can basically be described as somewhat racist. When I got the chance to meet my favourite, very inspirational YouTuber Jacksepticeye at Insomnia 2015 in Birmingham, neither of my parents would even consider taking me because if the sheer amount of black people down there.
    And finally, I know having your bedroom a little (or a tiny bit much) messy is a little bit bad, but when it's your kinda style, and it's almost what defines you and someone makes you tidy it because they don't like it, they're forcing you to change who you are to suit them, and then you have to change everything to, say, fit in a school or so, you slowly become less of a unique human being created by you and more of a robot designed by others. That's my final problem.

Now, I know a lot of people will think that this is just stupid, and I should just man up and stuff, but I can't. I feel like nobody will listen.

Okay, I'm Done.

(If you've read the whole thing and now you're reading this, thank you for reading.)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Minx11 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I know I don't comment much here, but I do read all your comments and send best wishes to you all mentally.
    I've brought myself here into the comment box now because I feel like I need to speak up a bit. I know this isn't going to be as spectacular as some other things, like losing a loved one, but I feel like I shouldn't sit in silence and just share this with my immediate friends.
    I'm a girl and I have an 18-year-old sister who, quite frankly, bullies me into a few things, like, playing a game with her, or watching a film or TV programme when I don't want to. Another thing is if she asks me to do something, like, go get, say, a nail varnish from her room, even if she tells me what colour she wants, and I try my best to find it, and I get the wrong one, she calls me something like "Stupid" or "Dumb". If we're talking to mum, and I say something that my sister doesn't like, she'll punch my arm pretty hard. She's done that for about 2 years.
    I was actually born right-handed, but after a hockey accident involving my hand and 3 hockey sticks, bruising under the nails of two of my fingers on my right hand, I was forced to use my left hand. I got used to this, and switched all together. My sister thinks that decision was stupid, and I should use the hand I wad born with. This is one of the few things I can actually safely ignore.
    My parents can basically be described as somewhat racist. When I got the chance to meet my favourite, very inspirational YouTuber Jacksepticeye at Insomnia 2015 in Birmingham, neither of my parents would even consider taking me because if the sheer amount of black people down there.
    And finally, I know having your bedroom a little (or a tiny bit much) messy is a little bit bad, but when it's your kinda style, and it's almost what defines you and someone makes you tidy it because they don't like it, they're forcing you to change who you are to suit them, and then you have to change everything to, say, fit in a school or so, you slowly become less of a unique human being created by you and more of a robot designed by others. That's my final problem.

Now, I know a lot of people will think that this is just stupid, and I should just man up and stuff, but I can't. I feel like nobody will listen.

Okay, I'm Done.

(If you've read the whole thing and now you're reading this, thank you for reading.)

Hello @Minx11. It is good for you to post here when you are having issues and concerns in your life. Everyone has issues in their lives, and they are all important whatever they are. When it affects us, it upsets our mental and physical well being. Your issues are important to you, so they are concerning to us too. By writing down how you are feeling and what the issues are, it can help you to release how you are feeling inside. I am sorry that you and your sister are not getting along too good and are having issues. Could you try talking things over with her quietly. Try calmly explaining to her how you are feeling, and how she is making you feel. Try not to get upset when you are talking to her and explaining how you feel.
    Do you have a counsellor at school or in your community that you can talk to about how you are feeling? Sometimes talking things over with others or friends can help to work through issues.
    Your parents want you to have a tidy bedroom. It is understandable that you would like to have a bedroom that refiects your style. Try talking over how you are feeling about your bedroom with them, by explaining the reasons why you would like to have your bedroom the way it is. You can express your individuality in your room in a number of little ways, as well as at the same timechaving a tidy bedroom.
    I send hugs to you <3 as you go through these issues in your life.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Thank you very Much rosemow for the Bday wish, and Minx11, I am sorry you are going through all that, for Me that did not happen because I would not let it, I always stood up to my older sisters, and they knew I was not going to take any bull from them, But yes, try to talk it out first, and try to see a counselor or someone who could help if you need to, good luck, and god bless.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @rosemow you tagged me and not minx11 I was so confused because I never remembered posting lately.
  • Options
    Minx wrote: »
    @rosemow you tagged me and not minx11 I was so confused because I never remembered posting lately.

I am sorry. I didn't add the 11 to the end of her name. Thankyou very much for letting me know. I have fixed up the other post.
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I'm a 15-year-old girl and I have an 18-year-old sister who, quite frankly, bullies me into a few things, like, playing a game with her, or watching a film or TV programme when I don't want to. Another thing is if she asks me to do something, like, go get, say, a nail varnish from her room, even if she tells me what colour she wants, and I try my best to find it, and I get the wrong one, she calls me something like "Stupid" or "Dumb". If we're talking to mum, and I say something that my sister doesn't like, she'll punch my arm pretty hard. She's done that for about 2 years.

Okay, I'm Done.

Hey there, @Minx11. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now. It's hard when you have a sibling who can also be a bully. Talking to her would be my first bit of advice, then talking to your parents might also prove helpful. Learning to stand up for yourself and say no even when there are consequences (especially when it's something you believe in) can be an important life lesson. It's hard when it's family--trust me, I know--but it will make you stronger.
    Family can be tough sometimes, huh? Unfortunatley, you can't do much about your parents and their beliefs. You can, however, remain open minded and do what feels right to you. Remember this, you can't control anyone's reactions--just your own. So, if you keep that in mind when dealing with your family, then perhaps you'll be able to experience other people and events no matter how your family feels.
    When it comes to your room, this is how I feel...when I was younger, I used to be super messy. Honestly, I am surprised my mother let me stay in the house. Even when I moved out, I was still messy and my apartment would get cluttered for a while until I went on a cleaning binge...and so on. Now, I live in a very small place with another person and 3 cats...I also suffer from a mental illness--I have found that keeping a clean home is healthier for me. Of course I still own lots of stuff and there's clutter everywhere--but it's organized. I tell you all this because I think there's a good balance between expressing yourself and then letting things get too far because of exhaustion. The worse my room (apartment) gets, the sadder I feel. Keep that in mind!
    Don't forget there are people in your community who are there for you to talk to if you need it. Take care of yourself first. It's the most important! Loves and hugs!
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Hello to everyone :)

I haven't been able to check how you all are, I hope everyone here are okay.

The start to the new year was a bit busy for me, I found out my health isn't at its best, nothing I can't work on though. :)

Hello @Clarkie100 :) I send big hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with your health issues. I have been thinking of you.

Thank you @rosemow :) I send you hugs back <3 I hope you are well.
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Hello to everyone :)

I haven't been able to check how you all are, I hope everyone here are okay.

The start to the new year was a bit busy for me, I found out my health isn't at its best, nothing I can't work on though. :)

Your health is the most important, @Clarkie100. Wishing you nothing but good, healthy thoughts. Take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Much love <3

Thank you @aroseinbloom :)
  • Options
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop by and give you all an update.

Life is still a struggle without my Dad but we're coping ok, or at least I am. My Mum is still really upset and barely speaks a word now and my brothers and sister never talk now. I'm sure they want to but no one can find the words. Yesterday I saw Becky in the hallway and we both looked at each other for a few seconds, and though I wanted to speak I almost felt like crying so quickly went back to my bed. I'm not moaning because I know there are people far worse of than us, but I just wish one of us could find the strength to talk. The other day I did try and start a conversation but everyone left the room, so I guess I was a little upset yesterday because I couldn't even say a word.

Dad's funeral is next Thursday and this week that has been on my mind a lot. I've never been to a funeral before so I am dreading it. I know my brother James is making a speech and I'm not sure if I should or not. I know I'd have a lot of wonderful things to say about my Dad, but I think I'd probably burst in to tears. So I am still thinking of what to do there.
    But for now I am trying not to think of the funeral.

I'm also struggling a lot more to cope with the ASD and OCD now. Some of the thoughts I have are horrible and surprisingly the worries aren't so bad, I get pains here and there but nothing like they were on the weekend. I felt a little sick this morning, but I drank a milkshake in under a minute so I guessed it must be that.

Overall we're doing ok, it's just a really hard and upsetting time. I'm also talking with SimGuruDrake and hopefully SimGuruBChick which is helping me a lot, not to mention the support I've got from here and my friends :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.

I am very sorry for your loss, it is never easy. I agree the support here from other simmers is amazing and really does make a difference.

I am thinking of you and I hope you are okay.
  • Options

Okay, I'm Done.

It is difficult for family's to always see eye to eye. You should also be able to choose what to watch or a game to play.

I can say as you get older things should improve, being a teenager is difficult as you're faced with a lot of pressure from school too. It can be hard to just be yourself at that age, something you need to hold on to. We are all meant to be different and should be proud to be who we are.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sometimes I wonder if my life would been better if I would stayed away from my birth dad. How low can one go? Changing the truth for lies. As in changing what really happened. Pretending your the perfect person. Filled with drama. Yeah now I know why we don't talk much. Not very trust worthy person. You say you love your kids but your actions tell a different story. The truth will be told and the family will know the truth and even your great grand kids. Your the one that abused your kids. Even had your kids lie to the teachers or you would do something bad to them. Even now you slowly dying from COPD. I sometimes have nightmares because of you. Now you want to find my younger brother. I believe he better off staying away. He don't need drama.
    The best family are the ones that encourage you to greatness. Love, patience, joy, and self control. Real family will always try to spend time with you. I hope everybody has a great weekend.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if my life would been better if I would stayed away from my birth dad. How low can one go? Changing the truth for lies. As in changing what really happened. Pretending your the perfect person. Filled with drama. Yeah now I know why we don't talk much. Not very trust worthy person. You say you love your kids but your actions tell a different story. The truth will be told and the family will know the truth and even your great grand kids. Your the one that abused your kids. Even had your kids lie to the teachers or you would do something bad to them. Even now you slowly dying from COPD. I sometimes have nightmares because of you. Now you want to find my younger brother. I believe he better off staying away. He don't need drama.
    The best family are the ones that encourage you to greatness. Love, patience, joy, and self control. Real family will always try to spend time with you. I hope everybody has a great weekend.

Hello @james64468 . I send hugs to you <3 It is not very nice what you have gone through in your life. You have been through painful and upsetting times, that remain in your memories. I am so sorry that your family life whilst growing up contained these awful experiences. It has left you hurt, and its impact on yourself and your relationship with your dad remains ever present.
    You are a very special person. We can't take away or erase what happened in the past. You can only most importantly show love, care and help to your loved ones that are in your life now. You have learnt much through what you have endured, and now have courage and strength in yourself to choose a different pathway; a pathway that shows love, care and support to your loved ones. A pathway that involves you spending time with your family and friends, caring, supporting and encouraging them.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    You just have to keep in mind that you are not like the ones who are hurting you, you have to say I am better than that, and move on with your life, so keep your chins up, I hope it only gets better for you, :) .
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @rosemow Yeah I watched the same behavior for two days in row. That don't help. I am glad that I have my adopted family. hugs. Now he wonders why I am not talking much. I don't feel that talking is solution to all problems. If you respond in anger it don't help anything.

@BlueBlack007 Just because a person can forgive another person don't mean it didn't happen. I know your trying to be helpful but you haven't really experience what I have. Telling people to move on with their life isn't the solution. You can still be the happiest person in the world and be most miserable person in the world. Even if a ;person put a smile on their face they could be hiding something. I don't think that most understand that life don't promise us a Rose garden. Each Rose has it thorn. A season for everything.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    @rosemow Yeah I watched the same behavior for two days in row. That don't help. I am glad that I have my adopted family. hugs. Now he wonders why I am not talking much. I don't feel that talking is solution to all problems. If you respond in anger it don't help anything.

@BlueBlack007 Just because a person can forgive another person don't mean it didn't happen. I know your trying to be helpful but you haven't really experience what I have. Telling people to move on with their life isn't the solution. You can still be the happiest person in the world and be most miserable person in the world. Even if a ;person put a smile on their face they could be hiding something. I don't think that most understand that life don't promise us a Rose garden. Each Rose has it thorn. A season for everything.

Hello @james64468 lt is good that you have your adopted family who help, care and support you. They love you. At the same time, you are caringly supporting and loving them . I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2016
    Struggling with a baby, 4-year-old, and 6-year-old. :s
    They constantly drive me nuts (accept for the in baby). Me and my niece were using the restroom and we shared one bathroom stall. When I told her not to open the door,she did it anyway and me get up to shut with my pants down.....I won't share the rest. :s
  • Options
    Kuffi wrote: »

Hello @Kuffi . I send hugs to you <3 as you lovingly care for you children. It would be very tiring and the days busy for you as you look after your two older children and at the same time care for the needs of your precious baby. Try to see if there can be times through the day which can be " me times" where you can just sit and relax, or do something that you enjoy doing. Perhaps have a read or listen to music or watch tv. It may just be for a short time that you can have this break, but it will help to renew your mind and body. Try asking family and friends if they could help you by perhaps looking after your children fir a short time, whilst you have a break, or they may be able to help you by doing other things that you need doing that will free up time for you. Talk over how you are feeling with other,people, both family and friends. Sometimes talking things over with others helps, and allows us to express how we are feeling to a listening ear who will provide caring support and help. A cup of coffee and tea is very helpful in the midst of what is happening through our days.
    I send more hugs to you <3 You are a caring mother. I send hellos to your children as well :)
  • Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Kuffi wrote: »

Hello @Kuffi . I send hugs to you <3 as you lovingly care for you children. It would be very tiring and the days busy for you as you look after your two older children and at the same time care for the needs of your precious baby. Try to see if there can be times through the day which can be " me times" where you can just sit and relax, or do something that you enjoy doing. Perhaps have a read or listen to music or watch tv. It may just be for a short time that you can have this break, but it will help to renew your mind and body. Try asking family and friends if they could help you by perhaps looking after your children fir a short time, whilst you have a break, or they may be able to help you by doing other things that you need doing that will free up time for you. Talk over how you are feeling with other,people, both family and friends. Sometimes talking things over with others helps, and allows us to express how we are feeling to a listening ear who will provide caring support and help. A cup of coffee and tea is very helpful in the midst of what is happening through our days.
    I send more hugs to you <3 You are a caring mother. I send hellos to your children as well :)

Thank you! It feels so good to here from another person who understands me. I'll defiantly take note! Children can be hard to take care of once in a while. :):#
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,313 Member
    Sorry I've been away from the forum for a little while, I had to focus on some RL things happening and making a few changes in my life.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking a little time for yourself everyday.
    new.png
  • Options
    misty4m wrote: »
    Sorry I've been away from the forum for a little while, I had to focus on some RL things happening and making a few changes in my life.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking a little time for yourself everyday.

Hello @misty4m I send hugs to you <3 I hope that the adjustments that you have needed to make as a result of the changes that you have made in your life are going as smoothly as possible.
    Thankyou for your kind and encouraging words to those who are reading or posting on this thread.
  • Options
    jelly13beanzjelly13beanz Posts: 33 Member
    hello c:
    jelly13beanz_zpsyy2g7nxg.gif
  • Options
    hello c:

Hello @jelly13beanz . You are very welcome to post here anytime you are going through hard times and would like the caring support of fellow simmers. We care very much about what your real life is holding for you. We are here to listen <3
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I do not think I was even talking to you , so telling Me I did not help you, well that is no problem, and I will bet I've had it a lot worse then you anyhow, so Do not make remarks to me when you know not who I was talking bout, at least you got a Family, some do not, james64468, and ya I think it is better to move on then to wallow in self pity, but that is how I feel about things, it is not for every one, people do their own thing.
    Post edited by BlueBlack007 on
  • Options
    Hello @Sennie . I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts as you and your family prepare for your Dad's funeral this Thursday. I send big hugs to you <3 You have many simming friends who are thinking of you. We care about how you are feeling and all that the coming days hold for you and your family. The funeral will be a special tribute to your Dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top