Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    edited March 2016
    I choose to hope that toddlers will be added at some point. I feel like the longer EA stays silent on them, the bigger backlash there would be if they were announced to never be put back in the game. So why not just tell players the truth from the get-go? Instead of outright denying toddlers will/could/should be added, the team has stickied a toddler topic (I know that isn't proof btw but it just doesn't seem smart to give people more of a reason to speculate on something that won't happen). The team's silence on them makes me think that toddlers are at the very least being looked into enough to be considered 'future content' which is something their prohibited to talk about. I just can't buy that a company that's been around for so long would want to fuel the fire and create an eventual inferno, instead of lighting a match early on and just dealing with the consequences. Silence on this topic just digs them deeper into a hole, and the only way out seems to be to give people the content that they want.

It would make more sense if they wanted to surprise people with toddlers some time in the future, rather than surprising everyone with the news that they were never an option. :)

It's like pulling off a bandaid, EA. If you have something to say, get it over with quick.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @ebuchala once again, I am in no way promoting any ideas. Didn't before, and I still remain here not promoting anything but reality.

I think your misguided assumptions are offensive, and I have said numerous times that it's not acceptable morally, legally, or ethically. Does not stop people. It's not me creating this mindset, it's me speaking about actions that happen everyday and have happened for years.

The Internet is a great place, but it isn't all roses. Any artist who posts their work online absolutely faces the reality that there are people who can, and will steal your intellectual property. Does not mean it happens to everyone, but the reality is that it is there. That is why we have these protections for these things, and guess what? They do not prevent unauthorized use in all cases, but they do give the owner a lot of leverage in the situation where they would need to take legal action against unauthorized use.

For example, if Person A takes someone else's art without permission and posts it to their own website without acknowledging it is not theirs. Did anything prevent the person from doing that? No, that's the extend to which I am talking about. I'm not getting into the legalities, or the consequences of plagiarism as you are. I am simply stating, that there is no way to prevent that from happening. Can it be cleared up? Absolutely, but that's not within the conversation I'm making.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I know I'm a little late to this, but I believe Toddlers have been ready since base game launched. They just decided not to include them so people would wait for a Generations EP and have enough content for that pack. I mean, Sims 2 and Sims 3 seem like harder games to develop by the time each of them were released and they included all life stages, I don't see why they wouldn't include them in this one. They just removed that along with pools, ghosts, hot tubs and more stuff so they could save those for stuff packs and updates.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    The person didn't alter their screenshots at all.

Copyright belongs to EA and it's part of the terms of service we agree to. That's why if there are issues EA would have to be the point of contact. Same as I support those threads where people feel their artwork has been stolen and its why EA has mechanisms within TS4 to try to deal with it.

Now I wouldn't get involved in other people's screenshots-and I doubt the person who was chewed out would either. The fact is noone did. But this person was subject to a lot of nasty personal comments just because she mentioned she wished she could illustrate what was missing *for her* when someone was saying family play exists in TS4. Yes it does-within it's limited age ranges-but their subjective experience doesn't tear down someone else's.

Wishing you could illustrate for someone how you feel shouldn't lead to accusations of being condescending and rude.

The point I was trying to make was if someone felt that strongly about comments of their sims family perhaps they need to communicate that they have personal boundaries and don't want people to discuss them. However that would seem odd given the nature of this discussion and the point that was attempted in displaying them.

Oh, I get that they didn't actually alter the screenshots. But, let's be honest here--the person who posted the screenshots was also subjected to not only a lot of nasty personal comments but being dogpiled by a number of people in the thread. It goes both ways. IMO that whole situation got blown up all out of proportion from both sides of the discussion almost as soon as it started.

But I wasn't specifically trying to discuss that situation so much as pointing out that what your comment indicated was that a person who shares something is somehow responsible to make sure people know not to alter it, which I completely disagree with. @HeyYoDiscoNick did not say anywhere that he didn't want people discussing his stuff, he stated he was upset or offended that she so casually said if she could, she would alter it.

So, yeah, I agree that if someone posts pictures or talks about their story, they're essentially inviting people to comment but the discussion, as far as I read it, and your comment within that context, was about actually altering the pictures he shared, not about discussing his family.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    What I meant by the way players loved it most was the family focus in the Sims 2 game compared to it being lacking a bit in the Sims 3. Of course I am sure Sims 2 had so much focus on everything they did add to that game - like how much better families were as well as the closeness of friends and even distant relatives that was a lot lacking in Sims 3 - or how Sims 2 did owning businesses better and such - those kind of things. Of course there is a lot of Sims 3 I also find better done than Sims 2 - and why it is so hard for me to choose which game I would rather play. I guess I am a bit lazy and just wish that the best of each would be just in the Sims 4 - lol.

I also think on my families part it is much of the same thing, added to the fact many of the things they have been missing in Sims 4 were from the same Sims 2 or Sims 3 game they loved the same as I did. We are family so it could be that as more of a factor than anything - and I can fully see how others may even see it differently.

One thing I do know is we have to at least start with the basics and that starts with the addition of this well missed life stage. If they go the extra mile and make it endearing by actually seeing and hearing what posters are pleading for - that is very much a step in the right direction.

I totally agree about people not even having to be your blood kins who may be more important than blood kin for sure - that we look on as family. If that was not the case not a person this planet could fall in love and add a blood line to the family along with that persons family. It is the way humans are. I equally think your children do not have to share your blood to be your child the exact same as the kids you have and that needs to be addressed. Family needs to thing of who ever one deems their family - even if they are your best friend - they it can somehow be respected and looked upon as family. I mean who hasn't had dear friends they thought higher than their own brothers or sisters. So yes, very much agree with that.

Heck I think of my furbabies as family in real life - so other human beings definitely. Also as a foster mom of 4 boys and 1 girl on top of 3 sons I birthed - I can tell you a momma's love is very much the same. As some have started families and gotten married - their children are just as much my grandkids as my natural childrens kids. Just to add the kids I fostered was the children few people choose - 13 and 14 years old, and it did not matter one iota I did not raise them from birth. I love all 5 as dearly as my natural kids. I know all the grand kids, nephews and nieces call each other cousin whether or not these family members share the blood. LOL. I am the mom my foster kids come to visit on Mothers Day - so yes family is family and needs to be depicted as such. So agree with that.

Yes it is too bad I can not even make my real household in this game as imagine a household with 7 teens and 1 child and each one bringing in at least one or two friends home with them after school. Never mind it seemed everybody had different school event activities, from a cheerleader, to 4 h, to boy scouts, to band, Glee Club, Chess club, a variety of sports - and 3 different schools. LOL. It was sometime mayhem and madness - but always tons of love, and lots of smiles and laughter. Oh and on top of that I worked full time, as did my husband, and I was attempting to finally get my BA first and Later my Masters degree. Wouldn't trade a day of it for any other day in the world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Oh I think they are coming especially seeing the Earnings call meeting the end of January produced not a single comment by anyone on the Sims 4. I have never attended an EA quarterly Conference where the present Sims game had not a single mention - and even more importantly this was a long meeting - 14 pages - where most are generally 10. It is funny even the Apps were mentioned, all EA games brought some kind of positive remark to the floor but not a single word on The Sims 4. Unheard of.

I think the Studio has no alternative but to try to get back all the Simmers they lost and start The Sims climbing the charts again. I am positive the Family players have in large numbers thrown in the towel and just went back to the Sims games offering our play styles - just about everyone I know is a family player and many went back to Sims 2 and 3 - especially since GT came out and it looked like the Sims 4 was just going to keep going in the lack of family play direction.

Also I know stickying that thread is indeed bringing in players as there are lots of people suddenly posting - new members - unlike any other thread we've had in month and all exited about toddlers. There is no way they could not be coming....

I hope so. Even though the fact that they are only caring about toddlers now makes me worried. I mean haven't they been working on them since day 1? When SimGuruDrake showed so much interest in knowing why we wanted toddlers back makes me worried. Like haven't they heard us through out this whole year and a half!

Oh I am sure they "heard us" they just choose not to listen because of what ever that vision was they had for Sims 4. I honestly think they were still wanting Simmers to get used to an online game style of Sims play so eventually they could put the game online and of course online play of the past meant just adults and YA. So if they could convince players the game could be just as fun without family play - then they could eventually launch a successful online. I also think they tried also with freeplay - and discovered things just went okay with the game until they started adding in the different age stages and now even that game does far better than it was doing.

Personally I think they need to go with the flow and just leave the Sims game the way the players love it most - which was proved with the huge success of Sims 2 and 3 over how Sims 1 did and how Sims 4 has just been chugging along. I personally have a lot of simmers in my family and I can tell you out of the 31 that actually consider themselves Simmers all but 2 has gone back to either Sims 2 or Sims 3 or both in many cases - as even though many like the open world - they love the Sims 2 game play with families - so they play both - but just 2 of my family has not totally given up playing Sims 4 (of those 2 one is 12 and just started cheer leader at school so she doesn't have time for computer games, plus she is a brand new simmer - the other one is a brand new college student and she says her Sims 3 was too big to take to college - lol and too distracting) but the rest they say it is because Sims 4 feels so empty - most of which go on to talk about their Sims family play in Sims 2 and 3 missing in Sims 4. It is funny you'd think they were talking about real people they know when they talk about their Sims 2 and 3 games - instead of a game. They do not talk with the same connection and love when they talk about Sims 4. The fact I feel the same thing they do - I understand it - even though I keep trying to find something to attach me to my Sims 4 game too - sadly after an hour of making new sims and building or redoing a lot - I play 10 minutes save and quit - then go play my ongoing - long time played Sims 2 or Sims 3 game. My toughest thing to do is choose which one to play. What more instead of counting playtime in minutes - hours past hardly without me even noticing - I am so engrossed in the games. Never - ever happens with Sims 4 even though I do have all the pack since the game came out even. So if that is an issue with 32 very different people from all age - the youngest is almost 12 to the oldest in their 60's with the majority 23 - 40 - from all walks of life and interests - then it is an issue with tons of simmers around the globe. But this morning and yesterday morning - in my family alone I have been receiving texts, phone calls, pms - you name it from family all excited to tell me about the toddler thread. Many of which are not going to believe for a minute that toddlers are not coming or that this thread is just a curiosity thread to put all toddler threads in one place.

The fall out if that happened may be immeasureably bad - so I believe it would be nuts if they were not really working on the tots and actually wanting fav ideas of players to try and add in the game.

I don't know to me the gurus are not doing anything till they actually adress this issue themselves. Sticking some thread hardly means anything in my opinion :S
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    I may be in the minority here but I love that babies are now tied to their bassinet. Now my sims can't leave them outside under a tree or down the road in a park. With that said I think toddlers are coming in the next year.

You are the minority. I tried to have a home business with the retail system in GTW, of course that's impossible and the solution simmers gave to me was that I could buy a retail lot and have my sims live there and just leave my residential lot empty. When my sim had a baby, the baby couldn't stay at my retail store so the bassinet was just left in the empty residential lot why the whole family lived in the retail lot.

That day I stopped playing with babies.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 I don't think that the stickied thread is proof that toddlers are being worked on, but it might be the only way the gurus could actually convey that if they wanted to- given the rules on silence.
  • Options
    I choose to hope that toddlers will be added at some point. I feel like the longer EA stays silent on them, the bigger backlash there would be if they were announced to never be put back in the game. So why not just tell players the truth from the get-go? Instead of outright denying toddlers will/could/should be added, the team has stickied a toddler topic (I know that isn't proof btw but it just doesn't seem smart to give people more of a reason to speculate on something that won't happen). The team's silence on them makes me think that toddlers are at the very least being looked into enough to be considered 'future content' which is something their prohibited to talk about. I just can't buy that a company that's been around for so long would want to fuel the fire and create an eventual inferno, instead of lighting a match early on and just dealing with the consequences. Silence on this topic just digs them deeper into a hole, and the only way out seems to be to give people the content that they want.

It would make more sense if they wanted to surprise people with toddlers some time in the future, rather than surprising everyone with the news that they were never an option. :)

It's like pulling off a bandaid, EA. If you have something to say, get it over with quick.

I agree. It's so weird that now the stickied a toddlers topic. I wonder if its so people start speculating or if its a way to "respond" to all the angry comments in hopes people will forget about it and just have fun talking about what they would like to see in toddlers till it fades away.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I know I'm a little late to this, but I believe Toddlers have been ready since base game launched. They just decided not to include them so people would wait for a Generations EP and have enough content for that pack. I mean, Sims 2 and Sims 3 seem like harder games to develop by the time each of them were released and they included all life stages, I don't see why they wouldn't include them in this one. They just removed that along with pools, ghosts, hot tubs and more stuff so they could save those for stuff packs and updates.

If they are added in an EP people will be angry and within reason
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

I agree. It's so weird that now the stickied a toddlers topic. I wonder if its so people start speculating or if its a way to "respond" to all the angry comments in hopes people will forget about it and just have fun talking about what they would like to see in toddlers till it fades away.

I think it serves as a place where they can easily go and see feedback, but I also think it's to try and eliminate chatter about toddlers in separate threads. Which IMO only serves to cut down on toddler chatter.

Idk if they will be developed or not, but I agree Maxis needs to come out with an answer at some point.
  • Options

I feel like if they're thinking it'll fade away, they're being too optimistic. :D Toddlers are something people have been fighting for since day one, and now being given hope by the thread I doubt everyone rallying for toddlers will just go quietly into the night.
  • Options

I think it serves as a place where they can easily go and see feedback, but I also think it's to try and eliminate chatter about toddlers in separate threads. Which IMO only serves to cut down on toddler chatter.

Idk if they will be developed or not, but I agree Maxis needs to come out with an answer at some point.

I feel like if they're thinking it'll fade away, they're being too optimistic. :D Toddlers are something people have been fighting for since day one, and now being given hope by the thread I doubt everyone rallying for toddlers will just go quietly into the night.

I mean, if they are asking for feedback on toddlers, does this mean they haven't been working on them at all? Toddlers take a long time to develop. I have a horrible feeling about the thread they stuck.

This could go wrong in so many ways. I mean one: They haven't worked on toddlers at all and they actually care about the opinion of simmers, which seems unlikely. Two: they are hoping people will forget about the fact that toddlers are missing by giving guru fans the idea that they actually care about their feedback and the angry comments will fade away (I think its pretty possible). Three: They actually care so much about the ridiculous silence policy that they rather use this as a distraction, and toddlers are being worked on , but they are probablly half baked and will never nearly have all the stuff people are posting on that thread (it sounds ridiculous, but like something this team would do)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member

Exactly. Don't worry, in a week or two, when they feel it safe to unpin the thread, they will do so. But they really think toddler threads will stop once they give people a bone. How cute. When one loses all trust for anyone, you think the worst, and usually, your gut instincts are right. Toddlers won't be in this iteration and they never were worked on pre-release in the first place.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2016
    I may be in the minority here but I love that babies are now tied to their bassinet. Now my sims can't leave them outside under a tree or down the road in a park. With that said I think toddlers are coming in the next year.

You are the minority. I tried to have a home business with the retail system in GTW, of course that's impossible and the solution simmers gave to me was that I could buy a retail lot and have my sims live there and just leave my residential lot empty. When my sim had a baby, the baby couldn't stay at my retail store so the bassinet was just left in the empty residential lot why the whole family lived in the retail lot.

I agree. I also am confused by the level of frustration some players have toward sims putting babies on the floor. I roll my eyes at my sims when they do it, but it's not a difficult thing to correct. Click on crib, select "place *baby's name* in crib" and problem solved, right? Or is there something I'm missing?

As for whether toddlers are coming, I don't know. I've been burned by hoping so many times in the past that I'm reluctant to be hopeful now. But the stickied toddler idea thread sure makes me wonder, along with the lack of any sort of Sims 4 news/announcements over the last weeks. I wonder if that means we have a HUGE announcement coming. Then again, I'm also feeling very skeptical with how Sims 4 seems to have limped along compared to earlier versions, and how much the whole thing reminds me of the SimCity 2013 debacle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Post edited by Cabelle1863 on
  • Options
    While all the negative possibilities could be true, a positive outcome could also come to happen. No one can know for sure unless they tell us. As for the silence policy, some people working on the sims may disagree with it, while others may push for it to stay. No matter what, though (even if some of the employees agree that it's ridiculous) there isn't anything much they can do to get around it until the rule is taken away. With such a large amount of conflicting variables and mandatory silence, it's hard to know what we should believe.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

Exactly. Don't worry, in a week or two, when they feel it safe to unpin the thread, they will do so. But they really think toddler threads will stop once they give people a bone. How cute. When one loses all trust for anyone, you think the worst, and usually, your gut instincts are right. Toddlers won't be in this iteration and they never were worked on pre-release in the first place.

Spot on.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

I mean, if they are asking for feedback on toddlers, does this mean they haven't been working on them at all? Toddlers take a long time to develop. I have a horrible feeling about the thread they stuck.

This could go wrong in so many ways. I mean one: They haven't worked on toddlers at all and they actually care about the opinion of simmers, which seems unlikely. Two: they are hoping people will forget about the fact that toddlers are missing by giving guru fans the idea that they actually care about their feedback and the angry comments will fade away (I think its pretty possible). Three: They actually care so much about the ridiculous silence policy that they rather use this as a distraction, and toddlers are being worked on , but they are probablly half baked and will never nearly have all the stuff people are posting on that thread (it sounds ridiculous, but like something this team would do)

It could be any one of those options. I think it's pretty telling enough that they have stickied a thread that contains feedback that has been given time and time again on these boards. Says to me that they were not listening about toddlers, and even the new sticky really doesn't tell me anything differently.

Personally I could see this all being a way for toddler chatter to fade away, it won't, but I definitely see that as an option. If they are seriously looking for ideas on toddlers, then it tells me they are not being made right now. IMO I am sick of beating a dead horse on the subject, Maxis has been well aware of what people wanted even before the game came out. If this is a thread actually intended to give them ideas, great, but I have done my part of providing what I feel the game needs over and over. I really don't have any indication that this round will be any different. They had their time to come out and redeem themselves to me, and other family players, and unfortunately I'm not interested in continuing to support a franchise that really has no interest in its players.
  • Options
    I'm fine with people having opinions (optimistic/pessimistic, agreeing/conflicting with ones I hold. All are fine) but it's important to remember that opinions are only opinions. They are valid and lovely to share with people- the world would be rather boring without them- but they should not be confused with facts. Please try not to make statements that try to convey your opinion as truth. It can be frustrating for people no matter which side they're on when they see "Toddlers are coming back! Yay!" or "They're not possible, just accept it."

Everyone has the right to voice their thoughts (don't think I'm trying to forbid you from wording them a certain way) but when there is a discussion like this based on opinion (and basically nothing but opinion unless you actually work for EA) it can make other people's views seem like they are less worthy of holding when one is stated as fact.
  • Options

I think more like you. I'm actually quite negative about this and like I've said many times I don't really like or trust this team.

I agree. I also am confused by the level of frustration some players have toward sims putting babies on the floor. I roll my eyes at my sims when they do it, but it's not a difficult thing to correct. Click on crib, select "place *baby's name* in crib" and problem solved, right? Or is there something I'm missing?

As for whether toddlers are coming, I don't know. I've been burned by hoping so many times in the past that I'm reluctant to be hopeful now. But the stickied toddler idea thread sure makes me wonder, along with the lack of any sort of Sims 4 news/announcements over the last weeks. I wonder if that means we have a HUGE announcement coming. Then again, I'm also feeling very skeptical with how Sims 4 seems to have limped along compared to earlier versions, and how much the whole thing reminds me of the SimCity 2014 debacle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Many people think we'll have a big announcement cause of all the silence. I would think so too, except that I'm already used to this silence, and every time we think is due to something big, is because they are actually doing a bad job with something.
    While all the negative possibilities could be true, a positive outcome could also come to happen. No one can know for sure unless they tell us. As for the silence policy, some people working on the sims may disagree with it, while others may push for it to stay. No matter what, though (even if some of the employees agree that it's ridiculous) there isn't anything much they can do to get around it until the rule is taken away. With such a large amount of conflicting variables and mandatory silence, it's hard to know what we should believe.

To me the silence policy is a lie. They said they weren't working on pets, so why can't they say we are not working on toddlers? Or we are working on toddlers? There. Short.

It could be any one of those options. I think it's pretty telling enough that they have stickied a thread that contains feedback that has been given time and time again on these boards. Says to me that they were not listening about toddlers, and even the new sticky really doesn't tell me anything differently.

Personally I could see this all being a way for toddler chatter to fade away, it won't, but I definitely see that as an option. If they are seriously looking for ideas on toddlers, then it tells me they are not being made right now. IMO I am sick of beating a dead horse on the subject, Maxis has been well aware of what people wanted even before the game came out. If this is a thread actually intended to give them ideas, great, but I have done my part of providing what I feel the game needs over and over. I really don't have any indication that this round will be any different. They had their time to come out and redeem themselves to me, and other family players, and unfortunately I'm not interested in continuing to support a franchise that really has no interest in its players.

Exactly. I mean haven't we been saying stuff about toddlers and babies since even before the game came out?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Will Toddlers ever come to the Sims 4? I hope so, the game needs them, family play is impossible for me without all the life stages I've come to love. As long as we keep talking and asking about them, the subject will not go away. If we as a community would have just been like 'Oh well no toddlers, but hey The Sims 4 looks great and building is fun, maybe next time..' EA would have loved that.
    BUT..
    We didn't back down! Toddlers are the most talked about topic on every social sims site. Now the balls in their court and they might have to put in some work and deliver them back with interest (Fixed babies, preteens & real teenagers) If they want the game to bring in as much profit as possible that is...
    Many simmers have walked away from ts4 mainly because of the lack of family play. I have heard a few say if toddlers were brought back they would come back to play too. Just a thought, if they can make more money by adding what we've been asking for why wouldn't they?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Will Toddlers ever come to the Sims 4? I hope so, the game needs them, family play is impossible for me without all the life stages I've come to love. As long as we keep talking and asking about them, the subject will not go away. If we as a community would have just been like 'Oh well no toddlers, but hey The Sims 4 looks great and building is fun, maybe next time..' EA would have loved that.
    BUT..
    We didn't back down! Toddlers are the most talked about topic on every social sims site. Now the balls in their court and they might have to put in some work and deliver them back with interest (Fixed babies, preteens & real teenagers) If they want the game to bring in as much profit as possible that is...
    Many simmers have walked away from ts4 mainly because of the lack of family play. I have heard a few say if toddlers were brought back they would come back to play too. Just a thought, if they can make more money by adding what we've been asking for why wouldn't they?

Yes. It's not only toddlers all life stages but young adult and children are half baked. Babies are such a joke and teens... i mean teens just dont look like teens its ridiculous
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016

I think more like you. I'm actually quite negative about this and like I've said many times I don't really like or trust this team.

As for whether toddlers are coming, I don't know. I've been burned by hoping so many times in the past that I'm reluctant to be hopeful now. But the stickied toddler idea thread sure makes me wonder, along with the lack of any sort of Sims 4 news/announcements over the last weeks. I wonder if that means we have a HUGE announcement coming. Then again, I'm also feeling very skeptical with how Sims 4 seems to have limped along compared to earlier versions, and how much the whole thing reminds me of the SimCity 2014 debacle. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Many people think we'll have a big announcement cause of all the silence. I would think so too, except that I'm already used to this silence, and every time we think is due to something big, is because they are actually doing a bad job with something.

To me the silence policy is a lie. They said they weren't working on pets, so why can't they say we are not working on toddlers? Or we are working on toddlers? There. Short.

Exactly. I mean haven't we been saying stuff about toddlers and babies since even before the game came out?

I will answer you. Yes. But SimGuruBChick said a long time ago if you want something instead of just giving feedback you have to put it in the Ideas section of this forum which is where I suggested Sparkfairy make a new thread so they could actually read ideas. (since I felt they were going to ignore a large (Huge) thread about family play. Ideas are what they look at. And it sort of defeats (by what that guru said months ago) a whole stickied Feedback thread, too. Go figure. And why they moved the new Ideas thread to General is another strange thing (to me at least).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    I really hope they fix the family play in Sims 4, TS4 has as much family play as a brick wall, Sims 3 had more family play to be quite honest, I do hope however, that EA improves the family play in Sims 4 during the course of this year.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I will answer you. Yes. But SimGuruBChick said a long time ago if you want something instead of just giving feedback you have to put it in the Ideas section of this forum which is where I suggested Sparkfairy make a new thread so they could actually read ideas. (since I felt they were going to ignore a large (Huge) thread about family play. Ideas are what they look at. And it sort of defeats (by what that guru said months ago) a whole stickied Feedback thread, too. Go figure. And why they moved the new Ideas thread to General is another strange thing (to me at least).

Everything usually gets moved to feedback. Sparksfairy had this huge thread about EA Silence , well I think it was her and its hugeeee. If anything that should be pinned.

As far as them listening to ideas... to me thats just a lot of bla bla. I can't think of any huge additions gurus made to the sims 4 that people actually wanted.

Also in theory if toddlers were being worked on it would probably be too late to add any new things. I mean we all know everything is "too hard and too expensive" and we get the stuff gurus decide we get. To me, our opinions hardly matter to them.
    21mbz47.jpg