Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    Toddlers would make a great pretext to also introduce pre-teens. In the spirit of Sims cheekiness, you could even call them "tweens".

Here's a link to a promotional image for "The Sims Freeplay" to illustrate what could be possible with the addition of pre-teens:
    www.firemonkeys.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SFP_PreTeen_600.jpg

Skateboarding could be made possible using the jogging paths and placeable ramp objects like half-pipes. The concept could even be taken a step further by introducing skate pools in build mode using tools not dissimilar to the ones we use for pools filled with water. This also opens the way up for roller skates and roller rinks. Ice Skates are also worth mentioning. The possibilities are endless. In summary, there's a lot to gain here if you introduce new age states as part of a theme.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,322 Member
    edited March 2016
    My ideas are :

- Do not allow NPC toddlers to visit community lots
    - Do not allow NPC toddlers to visit residential lots
    - Do not allow NPC toddlers to wander in the neighborhood
    - Do not allow NPC toddlers to cry
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2016
    I like peoples ideas. I think there should be an option so you don't have to be a happy family. Toddlers should be able to fight with other siblings, pulling eachothers hair etc. Or snatch toys from each other. Older siblings could get annoyed by them and tell them to go away.

Also if the toddler isn't taught the potty, when they're a child there should be a chance they wet the bed. For walking and talking I'm not sure what could happen. If not taught to talk, they could have a harder time making friends as a child? For walking they could be more clumsy as a child?
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I rather liked how toddlers were in TS2. Toddlers should have to learn how to walk, talk, use potty, motor skills (giving them cherrios while in high chair) as well as other skills like music, sleep in cribs of course, be bathed in tub, changing tables, strollers. I think the little block activity table needs to come back too. Oh and bring back the smart milk.

It would be cool if there were new foods especially for toddlers like pureed veggies, cheerios, chocolate milk, crackers, apple sauce, yogurt, etc.

There definitely needs to be more interactions between toddlers and other life stages.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I don't want toddlers that are half baked. I really hope developers are really working hard on toddlers... assuming that they're working on them.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    dedegeardedegear Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2016
    Already posted on page 29 ...got tired of editing other post lol but parents who adopt tots or other kids should have an option to have a welcome home party to introduce the new members to family and friends, tots should be able to bang on pots, option to advance grades if child is a prodigy or genius and compose music or discover things randomly...and as a tot if they master a skill like building blocks quicker than other kids gain a star child/lil Einstein trait that will be discovered because they built a model of DNA or drew a master piece but something done at random. Options like if they are in the kitchen parents warn them not to touch the stove teach hot or cold, and option for an adult teen/child to put a band aid on the tots Ouchy's when they fall. Place for parents to take toddlers like a toddler gym and section in the park with items sized for them or swing with little toddler swing. A live in nanny/Manny option for the parents who don't want the responsibility with limited or full option to control character either hired from an agency on line or a ya who babysits but can be asked to move in fulltime to care for children. Nanny/Manny schedule is same as one of parents during baby/toddler stage. The nanny/Manny should receive proud moments when the tots/child achieve milestones too and should have a special bond with child and only cater to kids. Tots and kids can conspire to get rid of nannies by being unmannerable
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2016
    I was going to paste a books worth of ideas but honestly, it's already been announced. I also want to readd that if you are reading these comments Sims Team, please don't skip the little things because they bring more life to the game.

But I definitely hope they allow us to be able to make our own baby food and add a little scooter, kiddie car and kiddie pool, those were just a few of my favorite ideas people already announced, and to allow us to interactive with the babies again and carry them around. Also, the multitask ideas was also amazing... Okay I'll stop now.
  • Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    I want parents and older siblings to be able to play airplane with toddlers :relaxed:

85008492-father-playing-airplane-ride-outside-with-son-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=PMITV3yN%2FMRwWpsqOA8%2FRaDRR0sVB4mzkqCQF53xAMVU003GYBV3Nn00YiaukZzQ

And piggybacks, and strollers, and I agree with whoever suggested baby gates (let parents and older siblings walk past them though) because I want toddlers to be able to go anywhere after they learn how to walk!

Yup - with the option for the toddler to have an 'oops!' if anyone airplanes them too soon after they ate. I thought it hilarious when babies threw up all over their parents when they got their tummies raspberried in the Sims 3 - was it 3 or 2? Can't remember now. But it was just too real LOL.

• Options
    KaylaShultsKaylaShults Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see toddler swings, baby monitors, changing tables and different crib options
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    • Tots playing in closets
    • Sims need to watch out for Tots in kitchen because they love to paint themselves with peanut butter
    • Drawing on walls
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    My idea is very simple : Do not add toddler to the game :p !

If it's not possible my other ideas are :

I have to say that I empathize with this. Its why I suggested that there be a toggle for toddlers in public. I would like to see them return to the game, but I really loathed that some fool sim would bring their toddler with them to a lot then ignore them, leaving the tot to endlessly cry. It drove my crazy. I would prefer to have the choice to allow toddlers on any lot children are allowed on or disallow them from all public lots except kid specific lots (if we get them), like daycares, child development centers or playgrounds (not parks). Sims would also not autonomously bring toddles with them to your home. I think that this solution would be kindest to everyone.
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    okay *cracks knuckles*

okay for toddler i want is

for objects

1) toddler beds so that the toddlers don't have to cry about getting out of the crib unless they do the great toddler escape if they were in cribs.

2)highchairs that can go to the table. i seen highchairs that the toddler could use as a table before plus this could bonding time for the toddler and family

3)rocking horse cause rocking horses are awesome for toddlers

4)tea sets with table so they can have little tea parties with their stuff animals and rope in mommy daddy or older siblings

5)both types of babyswings. cause the indoor one i loved it becaue then you could have the baby and toddler with the family enjoying themselves and outdoor for family time outside

6) drawing table for toddler or add onto the one already there so that the parents can embarrass the artist when they're older with the old drawings

7) Stroller enough said

8) changing table incase the mess their pullups

9) potty of course so they can be big kids

10) rocking playground equipment come on it was cute trying to get them off

11) floaties so that they can join everyone in the normal pool

12) toddler pool so they can try to learn to swim

13) the little learning toys from sims 2 you know the bunny that you pull its ear and it was like the animal game

14) stuff animals duh everytoddler need their stuffy

15) playpen if you don't have them in the swing put them in the playpen

16) walker to help learn to walk

17) toys ie like the jack in the box play with the doll house

18) tykes so that they can ride along big brother or sister whom would be on their bikes

19) battery cars (like the barbie one and the jeeps the one where the kid can actually drive it)

interactions

1) to be cuddled held tickled tossed in the air and the claw by teens and up

2) be able to hug anyone from toddler up

3) be able to cuddle the family pet

4) to throw temper tantrums

5) to get time outs if throw a temper tantrum or misbehaving

6) to play peek a boo with child and up

7) to interact with their toys

8) if they are in cribs have them escape from the crib

9) be fussy if they're getting their diaper change or if they don't want to get into the tub

10) if tired and if they don't have a toddler bed but a crib and pets have a pet bed to sleep in the petbed

11) if hungry and they can't get their food if pets have food in the bowl eat the animal food

12) dance cutely if music is playing

13) to be sung to sleep or read to sleep

14) to be tucked in by teen and up

15) to have a tea party with their stuff animal and interact with others if they got them into the teapart

16) learn nursery rhymes

17) to learn to walk talk and go potty

18) to play with toddler and up

19) try to read a book if its on the flood

20) to be read to by child and up

21) ask for uppies by saying it or gesturing it

22) ask to join the tea party if learn to speak

23) family kisses

24) play with toys

25) to be placed into some ie stroller playpen

26) parents could take their child to preschool if possible or someone comes get them to take them there

27) riding a tyke

28) drive with [-insert siblings name whom is a child only]

skills

creative
    mental
    social
    motor
    to help them start on what they need as a child

i hope they have cute hair styles and clothing for them as well.

U have made me excited for toddlers if they do all this...def want this !! Substance
  • Options
    PenguinNaviPenguinNavi Posts: 14 New Member
    Like babies, toddlers and children have the skills, gameplay and toys of The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims free play :)
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    My neighbor came up with a good one for toddlers - as she has been baby sitting her 17month old granddaughter for the last 2 days and discovered toddlers love hiding in all sorts of unusual places and making someone look for them.

Like behind books in the bottom of Lisa's book case.

Inside and under every chair, bed, couch, cabinet or dresser in Lisa's house.

In clothes hampers.

Behind draperies.

In just about anywhere she can squeeze her little tiny self

Lisa says the baby has freaked her out hiding and not answering when called so many times the last two days she is resigned to spend the week getting rid of tons of stuff before the baby comes for another small stay. I must say my usually well coiffed and easy going neighbor was quite frayed for the first time in the 12 years I have known her. This is her first grandbaby and her first overnight sleepover. Lol.

It's funny I had 3 babies and totally forgot how much they liked hiding like that in many of those same kind of places. Mine though would always either tattle on each other or start giggling. LOl.

When my first born was toddler he would climb up onto the first shelf of the closet in his room with his blanket to nap. The closet was shelves on one side and other side was for hanging clothes.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just a random thought: It might be nice if toddlers got the dazed moodlet instead of the uncomfortable moodlet from being tired. Toddlers get tired a lot easier than adults and when it's bedtime I think 'sleepy' fits their mood better than 'very uncomfortable'. It would also be nice if when they're tired they would start dozing off while doing other things, pausing the action and refilling their energy a bit, instead of just crying to be taken to bed.
  • Options
    AlienMunchkin7AlienMunchkin7 Posts: 20 Member
    > @MamaChambers said:
    > MelissaStarbees wrote: »
    >
    > okay *cracks knuckles*
    >
    > okay for toddler i want is
    >
    > for objects
    >
    > 1) toddler beds so that the toddlers don't have to cry about getting out of the crib unless they do the great toddler escape if they were in cribs.
    >
    > 2)highchairs that can go to the table. i seen highchairs that the toddler could use as a table before plus this could bonding time for the toddler and family
    >
    > 3)rocking horse cause rocking horses are awesome for toddlers
    >
    > 4)tea sets with table so they can have little tea parties with their stuff animals and rope in mommy daddy or older siblings
    >
    > 5)both types of babyswings. cause the indoor one i loved it becaue then you could have the baby and toddler with the family enjoying themselves and outdoor for family time outside
    >
    > 6) drawing table for toddler or add onto the one already there so that the parents can embarrass the artist when they're older with the old drawings
    >
    > 7) Stroller enough said
    >
    > 8) changing table incase the mess their pullups
    >
    > 9) potty of course so they can be big kids
    >
    > 10) rocking playground equipment come on it was cute trying to get them off
    >
    > 11) floaties so that they can join everyone in the normal pool
    >
    > 12) toddler pool so they can try to learn to swim
    >
    > 13) the little learning toys from sims 2 you know the bunny that you pull its ear and it was like the animal game
    >
    > 14) stuff animals duh everytoddler need their stuffy
    >
    > 15) playpen if you don't have them in the swing put them in the playpen
    >
    > 16) walker to help learn to walk
    >
    > 17) toys ie like the jack in the box play with the doll house
    >
    > 18) tykes so that they can ride along big brother or sister whom would be on their bikes
    >
    > 19) battery cars (like the barbie one and the jeeps the one where the kid can actually drive it)
    >
    > interactions
    >
    > 1) to be cuddled held tickled tossed in the air and the claw by teens and up
    >
    > 2) be able to hug anyone from toddler up
    >
    > 3) be able to cuddle the family pet
    >
    > 4) to throw temper tantrums
    >
    > 5) to get time outs if throw a temper tantrum or misbehaving
    >
    > 6) to play peek a boo with child and up
    >
    > 7) to interact with their toys
    >
    > 8) if they are in cribs have them escape from the crib
    >
    > 9) be fussy if they're getting their diaper change or if they don't want to get into the tub
    >
    > 10) if tired and if they don't have a toddler bed but a crib and pets have a pet bed to sleep in the petbed
    >
    > 11) if hungry and they can't get their food if pets have food in the bowl eat the animal food
    >
    > 12) dance cutely if music is playing
    >
    > 13) to be sung to sleep or read to sleep
    >
    > 14) to be tucked in by teen and up
    >
    > 15) to have a tea party with their stuff animal and interact with others if they got them into the teapart
    >
    > 16) learn nursery rhymes
    >
    > 17) to learn to walk talk and go potty
    >
    > 18) to play with toddler and up
    >
    > 19) try to read a book if its on the flood
    >
    > 20) to be read to by child and up
    >
    > 21) ask for uppies by saying it or gesturing it
    >
    > 22) ask to join the tea party if learn to speak
    >
    > 23) family kisses
    >
    > 24) play with toys
    >
    > 25) to be placed into some ie stroller playpen
    >
    > 26) parents could take their child to preschool if possible or someone comes get them to take them there
    >
    > 27) riding a tyke
    >
    > 28) drive with [-insert siblings name whom is a child only]
    >
    > skills
    >
    > creative
    > mental
    > social
    > motor
    > to help them start on what they need as a child
    >
    > i hope they have cute hair styles and clothing for them as well.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > U have made me excited for toddlers if they do all this...def want this !! Substance

I agree
  • Options
    for toddlers after they learn to talk they could talk a little
  • Options
    there should be a baby matt and walkers, swings, bouncers, prams so toddlers could go into the park with older brothers or sisters and parents and toddler swings there should swings
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    It would also be nice if when they're tired they would start dozing off while doing other things, pausing the action and refilling their energy a bit, instead of just crying to be taken to bed.

That would be soooo cute!
    giphy-1_zpsz1nyjd97.gif

GP4-17_zpsbhvul7yn.gif

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Repo wrote: »

I have to say that I empathize with this. Its why I suggested that there be a toggle for toddlers in public. I would like to see them return to the game, but I really loathed that some fool sim would bring their toddler with them to a lot then ignore them, leaving the tot to endlessly cry. It drove my crazy. I would prefer to have the choice to allow toddlers on any lot children are allowed on or disallow them from all public lots except kid specific lots (if we get them), like daycares, child development centers or playgrounds (not parks). Sims would also not autonomously bring toddles with them to your home. I think that this solution would be kindest to everyone.

*sigh*

I don't think NPC toddlers would randomly appear in a nightclub or other venue on their own, so I don't think there should be a problem with this.
    Also, I'd like to point out one thing:

ma0dxr6gr21z.jpg
    Green bar edit by SimStaffBethelle:
    Posted by SimGuruDrake
    Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hard to say, I just want more interactions and the ability to pass your toddler to another sim..no placing them on the ground. I want their personalities to be unique ranging from sweet little angel to problem child, which would make them a bit more interesting. I want toddlers to be dropped off at daycare center were they can slowly learn new things and make friends or mean little enemies. If I read a book to them I want them to actually learn from it and remember the story. Have likes and dislikes for certain foods that might change when they grow up, night terrors, playable objects they and their parents can use with them like plastic baseball and bat.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Repo wrote: »

*sigh*

I don't think NPC toddlers would randomly appear in a nightclub or other venue on their own, so I don't think there should be a problem with this.
    Also, I'd like to point out one thing:

ma0dxr6gr21z.jpg
    Green bar edit by SimStaffBethelle:
    Posted by SimGuruDrake
    Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.

I think you misread my point. I DO want toddlers in the game. I have another post back on page 23 (at the bottom) that explains in greater detail. Basically, I want options, choices, for how toddlers appear in public. I WANT to be able to CHOOSE if toddlers are allowed on any lot that children are allowed on (and nightclubs are not among them) or if toddlers are disallowed from all public lots except special family/child oriented lots (if we get such). I am not anti-toddler at all, but I did want to suggest an options for dealing with toddler disruptions. It is very unpleasant to send your in to the library in the Sims 3 then have a toddler cry incessantly due to low need. An OPTION to allow/disallow toddler is a nice solution for this and is supportive of simmers on both sides of the issue.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »

While this is a good cause, it is off-topic on this thread. This thread is about ideas for toddlers and it would be nice to keep it as such. :blush:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    If you see off topic posts after requests from both @SimGuruDrake and @SimStaffBethelle please can you report and ignore? The thread will only be derailed if we let people draw us into it and it's better to continue with all these wonderful ideas instead :)