Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    @SimmerSteffie That's good! Love hockey games (one of the only sports I can stand watching). I'm doing well. Just had an OChem exam on Friday and feel pretty good about it.
    MCC married my other sim's mother-in-laws to Don Lothario. XD My sim now has a brother-in-law. I love how MCC keeps stuff interesting, even if it makes my stories fall apart.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @supernatural103 xD Well, at least he'll keep the mother in law occupied! I'm counting on MCC to keep my gen 1 characters interesting because I got bored of them. >_>

I don't mind hockey, but I only really watch it because my fiancee plays. I hate TK his games though because of how agressive his team is. 7 penalties in one game. :persevere: But they won, and he almost got a shut out. :)

I hope your exam turns out well. That is one subject I never perused further than I had to. Did not go well for me. :P
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    zbern12 wrote: »
    i like generations but that might be because rabbits and my sims have a lot in common. so bunkeds would be helpful.

That took me a second to get but that is probably the best thing I've seen in awhile :D

cathtea says i'm funny. i don't get it.
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @CitizenErased14 random, but I'm creeping through your legacy again and in your chapter index, 2.19 is listed twice.
    just wanted to let you know :)
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 random, but I'm creeping through your legacy again and in your chapter index, 2.19 is listed twice.

that reminds me i killed a chapter but not the link.
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    @SimmerSteffie: Hope his team wins and that you can warm up with a nice cup of hot chocolate.

@Jataral : Nice to meet you. I joined this thread back in November when I first returned to the forums. Hope you don't mind but I added your Simself to my game to join in the Simself cameo and play fun with all the others. I'm hoping to have my Simming friends take over as residents in my each Sims 4 world. I made shout out posts for each update to let Simmers know when they have appeared in my game.

@everybody: Looks like the party is picking up in here and now Cleo would like to invite you all to Bears Night at Rattlesnake Bar in her family's update where tonight's special guests are @kittycatcali with Mikizumi and @ThePlumbob.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/hawaiian-roots-generation-5-hawaiian-gardens-3/

Note: the photos are slideshow style as I copied the whole album from 'Imgur'. I think doing my photos on Imgur like this will be a big time saver with my updates.

Enjoy and have a great night!
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Marialein I also made an alien for you! :blush:

tsollahzandax.png
    tsollahoutfits.png

And his disguise outfits:
    tsollahdisguises.png

I gave him the goofy walk, because the planet he is from has a lower gravity. :D

He's up on the gallery now with the #Tendra hashtag :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    zbern12zbern12 Posts: 445 Member
    Finally found some time to play the Sims 4! Woohoo! My sim's boyfriend aged up into a YA, and married someone (MC Command Center causing drama, man!). 0_0 She'll be a YA in 5 days, so we'll see what happens. Updated my story this morning. Now I need to write some more chapters before I'm overwhelmed with school work again. Blah!

How's everyone doing?

Tired, but good. How about you?
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited February 2016
    So I am not sure how many Doctor Who fans are here in Writer's Lounge (except for @Meggles , heh) so feel free to just completely ignore this if you are not a fan.

I have recently returned from the Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, Gallifrey One!

I got to go to a Kaffeeklatsch (a small coffee/tea talk that only has sign-ups for 15 people and fill up very quickly!) with screenplay writer Sarah Dollard (she wrote the episode "Face the Raven" from the most recent season) which was very insightful! It was interesting to hear about her process and writing for film and getting lots of inside info about that particular episode, and she also did a "writer's commentary" with the actual episode playing later in the convention which I also attended, which was equally insightful! The casting director for the show was also there for the commentary!

If there are any fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000/Rifftrax (the company created by Mike Nelson/Kevin Murphy/Bill Corbett after the show stopped airing), they had a stand-up comedy act by one of the writers that works for Rifftrax, Joseph Scrimshaw, which was hilarious! It was definitely comedy about being a geek and used his own love of growing up a Doctor Who fan and was quite enjoyable. After that was a sketch comedy group that did Doctor Who themed sketch comedy called The Idi*t's Lantern. They have some of their stuff on YouTube including the Cyb*r Brig video they made, but most of the stuff there was from last year... I hope they put stuff from this year's convention up in the future.

I attended as many staff/actor discussion panels as I could! I saw two actors who are frequent Doctor Who monsters, Matthew Doman and Jami Reid-Quarrell, who had a great talk about make-up and prosthetics and gave a lot of insight about how the creatures are created and performed (one of them had to learn to ride a hoverboard to "glide" along as a creature, and one fell asleep during filming inside his Cyberman costume, hahaha!) Not sure how many people here follow UK actors or TV programming but among the people I saw were Sir John Hurt (War Doctor in Doctor Who, Mr. Olivander in Harry Potter, also was in Alien, I, Claudius, nominated for Best Actor in Elephant Man... he's a pretty big actor, and I had no idea until seeing this panel he'd recently had a nasty fight with pancreatic cancer T_T ... thankfully it is in remission now), Peter Davison (5th Doctor in Doctor Who, Tristan on All Creatures Great and Small), Colin Baker (6th Doctor), Michelle Gomez (Missy on Doctor Who), Ingrid Oliver (Osgood on Doctor Who), Patricia Quinn (Magenta on Rocky Horror Picture Show), Julian Glover (General Veers on Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Walter Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Grand Maester Pycelle on Game of Thrones), Ian McNeice (Winston Churchill on Doctor Who... and oh, the stories he had about how intimidating Maggie Smith is, hahaha!), Neve McIntosh (Madame Vastra on Doctor Who), and Naoko Mori (Toshiko Sato on Doctor Who/Torchwood), among others). My friend and I didn't want to wait in line for an hour and a half just to see the big stage cosplay event so we hosted a room party in our hotel room across from the cosplay event instead, showing "Doctor Who and the Daleks" (this awful non-canon movie staring Peter Cushing as the Doctor from the 60s) riffed from Rifftrax (same guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000) and I figured NO ONE would come, seeing as everyone would go to cosplay... we had about 15-20 people show up! I was SHOCKED! ROOM PARTY SUCCESS, WOOOO! Seems lots of other people didn't want to wait in that long line and wanted something to do, too. ^_^

Sadly I missed Samuel Anderson (plays Dannie Pink on Doctor Who) because the poor guy got stuck in plane purgatory trying to get from the UK to LA. He was supposed to be there Friday, but his flight got cancelled and he lost his Friday panel. He was rebooked and was supposed to be on a panel with Missy and Osgood's actresses on Saturday, but though the flight made it in time, he got held up in customs for THREE HOURS and missed the panel. T_T That left only Sunday for him to make an appearance, and my friend and I had already decided we were going to Disneyland on Sunday to ride the limited edition Star Wars rides for their Season of the Force event. Poor Dannie Pink, that guy can't seem to ever catch a break!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I NOTICED SOMETHING I NEVER NOTICED BEFORE. my sim kyla and her fiancee went on vacation. he was making salad with his hands and stuck his finger in his ear then continued mixing it with his hands.

Fortunately, that'll stop once he gets some cooking skill.

Do you remember @simbody872 ? She wrote this great troll legacy last year, and when her troll founder did that, she worked it into the story, saying that earwax was a troll delicacy and it made the salad taste just like Mom's!

Gross, but yeah!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    i like generations but that might be because rabbits and my sims have a lot in common. so bunkeds would be helpful.

That took me a second to get but that is probably the best thing I've seen in awhile :D

What's not to get? You've got it all: puns, comedic timing, slapstick! Punch lines... I bet you keep your brother laughing every time you see him!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Inspired by @Munterbacon I decided to do a #boredomcuties Yay! Ok so one of the traits is a custom one I made called Shy, the one with the person with a lamp on their head, if you want it I could put it up on a download some where. Also I'll make a CC free version of her and put her up on the gallery later :3
    02-20-16_10-18-08c2a0pm.png?w=620
  • Options
    @Marialein I also made an alien for you! :blush:

I gave him the goofy walk, because the planet he is from has a lower gravity. :D

He's up on the gallery now with the #Tendra hashtag :)

Ohmigosh! Without he's disguise he's about the cutest Sim I've ever seen! Think I must have a thing for goofy-walking aliens!

• Options
    So I am not sure how many Doctor Who fans are here in Writer's Lounge (except for @Meggles , heh) so feel free to just completely ignore this if you are not a fan.

Big fan! And huge John Hurt fan--so glad to see he's getting and edge on that cancer. That took my dad about 14 years ago, and it took Steve Jobs, too.

Your party sounds so fun--and that coffee/tea small group thing with the writer sounds amazing! Share some of the tidbits you got with us, please!

• Options

I have recently returned from the Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, Gallifrey One!

I got to go to a Kaffeeklatsch (a small coffee/tea talk that only has sign-ups for 15 people and fill up very quickly!) with screenplay writer Sarah Dollard (she wrote the episode "Face the Raven" from the most recent season) which was very insightful! It was interesting to hear about her process and writing for film and getting lots of inside info about that particular episode, and she also did a "writer's commentary" with the actual episode playing later in the convention which I also attended, which was equally insightful! The casting director for the show was also there for the commentary!

If there are any fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000/Rifftrax (the company created by Mike Nelson/Kevin Murphy/Bill Corbett after the show stopped airing), they had a stand-up comedy act by one of the writers that works for Rifftrax, Joseph Scrimshaw, which was hilarious! It was definitely comedy about being a geek and used his own love of growing up a Doctor Who fan and was quite enjoyable. After that was a sketch comedy group that did Doctor Who themed sketch comedy called The Idi*t's Lantern. They have some of their stuff on YouTube included the Cyber Brig video they made, but most of the stuff there was from last year... I hope they put stuff from this year's convention up in the future.

I attended as many staff/actor discussion panels as I could! I saw two actors who are frequent Doctor Who monsters, Matthew Doman and Jami Reid-Quarrell, who had a great talk about make-up and prosthetics and gave a lot of insight about how the creatures are created and performed (one of them had to learn to ride a hoverboard to "glide" along as a creature, and one fell asleep during filming inside his Cyberman costume, hahaha!) Not sure how many people here follow UK actors or TV programming but among the people I saw were Sir John Hurt (War Doctor in Doctor Who, Mr. Olivander in Harry Potter, also was in Alien, I, Claudius, nominated for Best Actor in Elephant Man... he's a pretty big actor, and I had no idea until seeing this panel he'd recently had a nasty fight with pancreatic cancer T_T ... thankfully it is in remission now), Peter Davison (5th Doctor in Doctor Who, Tristan on All Creatures Great and Small), Colin Baker (6th Doctor), Michelle Gomez (Missy on Doctor Who), Ingrid Oliver (Osgood on Doctor Who), Patricia Quinn (Magenta on Rocky Horror Picture Show), Julian Glover (General Veers on Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Walter Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Grand Maester Pycelle on Game of Thrones), Ian McNeice (Winston Churchill on Doctor Who... and oh, the stories he had about how intimidating Maggie Smith is, hahaha!), Neve McIntosh (Madame Vastra on Doctor Who), and Naoko Mori (Toshiko Sato on Doctor Who/Torchwood), among others). My friend and I didn't want to wait in line for an hour and a half just to see the big stage cosplay event so we hosted a room party in our hotel room across from the cosplay event instead, showing "Doctor Who and the Daleks" (this awful non-canon movie staring Peter Cushing as the Doctor from the 60s) riffed from Rifftrax (same guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000) and I figured NO ONE would come, seeing as everyone would go to cosplay... we had about 15-20 people show up! I was SHOCKED! ROOM PARTY SUCCESS, WOOOO! Seems lots of other people didn't want to wait in that long line and wanted something to do, too. ^_^

Sadly I missed Samuel Anderson (plays Dannie Pink on Doctor Who) because the poor guy got stuck in plane purgatory trying to get from the UK to LA. He was supposed to be there Friday, but his flight got cancelled and he lost his Friday panel. He was rebooked and was supposed to be on a panel with Missy and Osgood's actresses on Saturday, but though the flight made it in time, he got held up in customs for THREE HOURS and missed the panel. T_T That left only Sunday for him to make an appearance, and my friend and I had already decided we were going to Disneyland on Sunday to ride the limited edition Star Wars rides for their Season of the Force event. Poor Dannie Pink, that guy can't seem to ever catch a break!

Doctor Who?! I love Doctor Who! Who is your favorite doctor?
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member

Ooh thanks @SimmerSteffie ! I'll fix it when I'm home tomorrow! :blush:

OMG @Munterbacon I am flipping out over Alex :love: Can Muse kidnap him, please? :lol:

@everyone I hope you all had/are having wonderful days! I had the best day! :blush: But also the busiest day :tongue: So hopefully I missed nothing major, because I don't think I'll get a chance to catch up on the thread! :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

What's not to get? You've got it all: puns, comedic timing, slapstick! Punch lines... I bet you keep your brother laughing every time you see him!

Brian sometimes. my brother no.
  • Options
    @CathyTea : Hahaha, so hard to think of specifics now, which is sad. She wrote the episode "Face the Raven" from Series 9 so we mostly talked about that. It was really interesting to hear about all the things that had to be cut from the original script! (For example, originally it began with a scene where Clara and Jane Austin were conning people playing poker, by acting like Jane Austin, being such a proper lady, had no idea how to play, but really she was a total card shark. ^_~ ) There was no space for it so it had to go, even though it was one of her favorite scenes, but all the little "mentions" and "nods" throughout the season that Clara makes to Jane Austin came from that, because all the episodes are written ahead of time! There are also certain elements that the writers are told to include (for example, she was told she needed to include the Doctor's confession dial and things like that). There were longer conversations in her original draft that had to be cut/reworked... like at the end, there were a lot more lines with Rigsy, but with so little time instead those lines were cut to give more dialogue between Clara and the Doctor. Since that is a very spoilery episode...
    She mentioned how important it was that Clara was in control during her final moments, that she took responsibility for her actions. She really wanted to get across how much Clara had become "like the Doctor." She said she was actually quite happy to have such a pivotal moment of the series to be an episode that she got to write, because considering some of the endings other companions have had, she really wanted to make this one special, making Clara face her own end, showing her strength... of course she worded it way better. I'm a little post-vacation frazzled and my memory isn't that great from all my headache medications. ^_^;;

She was also quite upset that in all her time being on the set, she never got to see the actual raven they brought in!

As far as writing screenplay, she says you have to go into the meeting with a solid "hook." You don't need a full draft but if you have an idea that completely entices and you have that fleshed out and can "present it" you have a better chance of them taking your idea seriously and actually signing you on to write an episode for the show. For that particular episode, she had the idea of the trap streets and the Quantam Shade (though her original ideas for the Shade were reworked and changed; the tattoos, I believe she said, weren't part of the first idea and came later).

@zbern12 : Oh, such a hard question! Tennent hooked me on the show, but I absolutely adore Capaldi. <3 And when I got to meet Sylvestor McCoy (7th Doctor, Radagast) at a past Gallifrey One several years ago, he was one of the sweetest, most enthusiastic convention guests I have ever seen, and now he just has this special place in my heart! He had so much energy for this little old Scottish man; he refused to sit up on the stage, separated from his fans, and jumped off, grabbed the mic that normally everyone queues behind to ask questions, and instead crawled right into the seats to give his mic to folks wanting to ask questions and stood right there with them and answered them, standing there among the seats. Something about that, how he put himself right there amongst the fans, just really touched me. (Also, him looking a little 7-year-old dead in the eyes when she asked him, "In the Hobbit, what was that white stuff on your face?" and he told her, so seriously, "Oh my dear sweet girl, can you believe it? It was... it was... bird poop." I mean, I just died at that!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

That was so fun to read!!!! I've seen a few of those people in person but ahhh, Michelle Gomez!!!!! She is fabulous. They're all fabulous. :love: Did you cosplay? I can't remember if you talked about that at all. I would have gone as River Song and Ballerina Dalek. :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    And also an amendment to the Alienbusters, by adding a Hunky Receptionist a la @CitizenErased14 's Alex Rosebrook!

alexrosebrook.png

Yes. Good. Very good. That'll do. :lol:
  • Options
    Oh, such a hard question! Tennent hooked me on the show, but I absolutely adore Capaldi. <3 And when I got to meet Sylvestor McCoy (7th Doctor, Radagast) at a past Gallifrey One several years ago, he was one of the sweetest, most enthusiastic convention guests I have ever seen, and now he just has this special place in my heart! He had so much energy for this little old Scottish man; he refused to sit up on the stage, separated from his fans, and jumped off, grabbed the mic that normally everyone queues behind to ask questions, and instead crawled right into the seats to give his mic to folks wanting to ask questions and stood right there with them and answered them, standing there among the seats. Something about that, how he put himself right there amongst the fans, just really touched me. (Also, him looking a little 7-year-old dead in the eyes when she asked him, "In the Hobbit, what was that white stuff on your face?" and he told her, so seriously, "Oh my dear sweet girl, can you believe it? It was... it was... bird poop." I mean, I just died at that!)

I LOVE McCoy! He did the same thing at C2E2 last year. He and Neve were there and the poor host of the interview looked so lost, haha! I am so fond of him, too. :heart:

Okay, Megs spam over for the moment! I was cleaning all evening. We're taking in my grandma's loveseat since there's no room in her new place for it. We had to move the living room around to make room. Ack.
  • Options
    @mastressalita I loved Smith! He was so amazing :) Also I haven't seen the old doctors, I need to go back and watch them :p
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi guys. Super worn out. Went to some MMA fights tonight and all the screaming and drunken rednecks wore me out. I love the fights but loathe the drunken crowds
  • Options
    @Meggles : I'm not really into doing cosplay myself (though I like watching others!), but I have many Doctor Who t-shirts. My friend and I usually just choose from our arsenal of those when we go. ^_^;; We did, however, proudly wear ribbons proclaiming "THIS IS MY ZYGON COSTUME" (so yes, we were in costume, but shhhhhhhh! ^_~ ) We did attend a fun "Iron Cosplay" panel, where a bunch of (not especially great) random cloth and various other items (like bubble wrap!) were left on a table, and two teams had around an hour and a half to compete in quickly making a costume, which was really fun to watch! (They even got in a tug-of-war battle over some gold cloth). They had to create a costume for a female Time Lady General from Gallifrey during the Time War that is in the radio dramas; they got to see a picture of the actress who plays her voice, and listen to some voice clips from the radio dramas, but since she is a radio character, of course she doesn't have a "physical look" so it was fun to see how each group interpretted her!

Michelle Gomez was amazing! She was talking about all the male Missy cosplayers, and how one had her sign his chest, and he went and got her signature tattooed! "I felt bad, I'd just scribbled it on there, I should've signed more neatly!" She also revealed that the "Hey Missy your so fine" part was just her "trilling" before the scene (getting her voice ready and "keeping calm and focused") and when she said, "Okay, I'm done now" it was just her telling the crew she was done with her "trilling" and ready to be serious............ and of course everyone loved it so much it stayed in the final cut. ^_^;; She didn't even know they'd had the cameras on, hahaha!

And yes, McCoy is so fantastic! <3

@zbern12 : They are all great! Each one brings something new and fun (you can see a really fun special on YouTube, The Curse of the Fatal Death, that has Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor, hahaha! I love that Red Day Special...) My BFF that I attended the con with grew up watching the classic Doctors, and his favorite is Peter Davison, so he was really excited to see him. ^_^ I've seen bits and pieces of the Third and Fourth Doctors and really enjoyed both of those, and I need to go back and watch more from the classic serials as well, because all those actors are so much fun! (I also like that there is a lot more variety in the companions in Classic Who).

I have to say, seeing a panel with Peter Davison and Colin Baker speaking with each other on stage together, I soooooo want a show of them playing crotchety old flatmates together! Those two crack me up so much! Someone asked them "Between Sylvestor McCoy (7th) and Paul McGann (8th) who's the biggest diva?" and they both just howled in laughter (along with the audience). And then had to think about it. Hard. (And ultimately couldn't decide because they both have diva tendancies, hahahaha!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Inspired by @Munterbacon I decided to do a #boredomcuties Yay! Ok so one of the traits is a custom one I made called Shy, the one with the person with a lamp on their head, if you want it I could put it up on a download some where. Also I'll make a CC free version of her and put her up on the gallery later :3
    02-20-16_10-18-08c2a0pm.png?w=620

Oooooooh! She's gorgeous! :love:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top