Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Where is the sorting hat quiz you guys are talking about? Went back quite a few pages but couldn't find it.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    Ooh, on the topic of MC - I made one of my sims pregnant with it in one of my saves, and since then it hasn't been letting me do it again.
    Something that I did, or?

I'm loving the marriage/pregnancy notifications though. :p Bella Goth married a Landgraab.
    J Huntington has gotten basically everyone pregnant. Busy bee.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2016
    Where is the sorting hat quiz you guys are talking about? Went back quite a few pages but couldn't find it.

potttermore
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited January 2016
    Speaking of MC, it made J Huntington married to Katrina Caliente and Don Lothario making two Sims pregnant. :P

Before I tweaked the settings, both my played and unplayed households were affected by the pregnancy and marriage checks. Luckily, some of my played households were able to get away with it.

When I tweaked the settings, I made it so all my played households won't be affected by these checks.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Speaking of MC, it made J Huntington married to Katrina Caliente and Don Lothario making two Sims pregnant. :P

Before I tweaked the settings, all my unplayed households were affected by the pregnancy and marriage checks. Luckily, my played households were able to get away with it.

When I tweaked the settings, I made it so all my played households won't be affected by these checks.

I had something similar in one of my games due to MC. Don had three kids by three different women, then he married someone else! LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Eeeps, Harry Potter video is up for all you Potterheads :)@Meggles @SummerFalls and everyone else who likes to watch.

It's just 11 min + Bloopers ^^ and it's basically me laughing the whole time. This part was very funny :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5mzo-wUP8

July, this is SO much fun! You're really making me want to get the game!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

You can find it here, Medley: https://www.pottermore.com/

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

the site doesn't seem as interactive. last time i rember going to diagon alley and getting on the howarts express then getting sorted and actually going to classes.
  • Options

the site doesn't seem as interactive. last time i rember going to diagon alley and getting on the howarts express then getting sorted and actually going to classes.

I know! In some ways, I like that: last time, I just didn't have the time to do the activities and treasure hunts and stuff to even make it to the sorting hat, and this time, I just got sorted as soon as I created my account, so that was convenient for Busy-Me. But now, I feel like goofing off and doing some of the interactive fun stuff, and it's not there, so that's sad for Saturday-Me!

Plus, I'm just imagining a bunch of die-hard fan children who are so disappointed at not having the activities. And I heard that before, you could earn points for your house, and things like that, so it was more of a community.

This one seems to focus more on the reading and the lore, which is cool, of course-I just hope there aren't too many disappointed kids out there.

Well, we have a beautiful day here before a cold storm that's expected in a few days, so I'm heading into the garden! Catch you all later! :)

• Options
    Oh! I forgot why I popped in here in the first place!

I just noticed that someone used the search term "simlit" to find my blog! Isn't that awesome? I love that the term is becoming so standard that people are using it for searches! :)

If you're wondering a good tag to use for your blog, that might be a good one--or at least incorporate it in some place in your title or description, so that your site will be found under searches for simlit.

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Oh! I forgot why I popped in here in the first place!

I just noticed that someone used the search term "simlit" to find my blog! Isn't that awesome? I love that the term is becoming so standard that people are using it for searches! :)

If you're wondering a good tag to use for your blog, that might be a good one--or at least incorporate it in some place in your title or description, so that your site will be found under searches for simlit.

That's awesome! And that sounds like a pretty good suggestion for stories.

In the meantime, have a new chapter. Be warned:
    The Builder is nasty as ever, and even more so given what they say in this chapter.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

I got Ravenclaw, surprising no one ever.

My wand: Sycamore wood with a phoenix feather core, 10 ¾" and brittle flexibility
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options

I got Ravenclaw, surprising no one ever.

My wand: Sycamore wood with a phoenix feather core, 10 ¾" and brittle flexibility

Oooh! Awesome! The description of sycamore seems to fit you, too! Sycamore is one tree I didn't name a Bough after! Maybe if new kids are born... great name, and great tree!

• Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi Everybody,

Just stopping by with tonight's guest stars of the last update for Gen 4 of Active Woods with Jeff Fancey before Shaun takes over in gen 5.
    Those of you who made appearances were: @CitizenErased14’s Lucas Ainsworth, @OJenn, @Julyvee’s Baato, and @Derubelle.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/active-woods-generation-4-leader-of-the-woods-4/

Enjoy!
  • Options

I know! In some ways, I like that: last time, I just didn't have the time to do the activities and treasure hunts and stuff to even make it to the sorting hat, and this time, I just got sorted as soon as I created my account, so that was convenient for Busy-Me. But now, I feel like goofing off and doing some of the interactive fun stuff, and it's not there, so that's sad for Saturday-Me!

Plus, I'm just imagining a bunch of die-hard fan children who are so disappointed at not having the activities. And I heard that before, you could earn points for your house, and things like that, so it was more of a community.

This one seems to focus more on the reading and the lore, which is cool, of course-I just hope there aren't too many disappointed kids out there.

Well, we have a beautiful day here before a cold storm that's expected in a few days, so I'm heading into the garden! Catch you all later! :)

imiss the way it was nowit seems more promotional than fun. theirs a harry potter play coming out.
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    A footnote to my previous post:

I'm thinking about starting a blog for the Simselves I have in my game and one day a month, visit one of the households and write a journal type update on what happened during my visits. I'm thinking of doing controlling one Simself and/or one of your Sims per Sim day throughout the RL day so that I can have a good number of you in each journal. The first journal will be out by Monday as I will be rotating Simself households over the next 24 hours.

Would love to have more Simselves in my game so if any of you have one that I don't have, yet please let me know and if you don't have a Sims 4 self, I would be happy to make one for you.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oh my god. MC is messing up everything! It just started a pregnancies for @JoieWilder 's Luc Thoreau with a random girl and for @Rorygilmore34 's simself with one of my characters xD Oh god hahahaha

Bahaha! You've got to show me what Luc's kid looks like, @Julyvee94 .
  • Options
    frakieswife just rolled a whim to flirt with fred whos fred one of the other triplets he courted frankies wife breifly when she didn't know what she wanted.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Is there a way to do the wand quiz separate from the sorting hat quiz? That part I would be intersted in! I forget what my result was the first time around (stopped using Pottermore partially because of where I was sorted... :lol: Yes, I care that much. It's been a sore spot for me basically my whole life. :tongue:)

I think you should be able to; they seem to be separate quizzes on the new site. But I'm not sure if you have to do the sorting hat first.

We love you no matter what house you're in!

(*ninjapig runs past in her Slytherin robes carrying a stolen cookie from the kitchen* *sneaky oinks*)

(Not implying that you're a Slytherin, but you know what I mean. :D Also, apparently pigs are not very magical creatures and they're very difficult to use charms on...ah well. :D )

LOL! My guess, too! LOL! Slytherins are the best! Well, we're all great, but you know what I mean. Anyway, it's the melancholics that (usually) end up as Slytherins, which is SO awesome. Shadow is every bit as amazing as light--and a bit more powerful, in fact.

Just took the test and apparently I am a Slytherin haha! I used to roleplay as a Hufflepuff a looong time ago though.

Shhhh don't fight the wisdom of the virtual Sorting Hat. Just join our green and silver family B)

(When I was super young I roleplayed as a Gryffindor. Dark times, dark times xD)

We have :cookie::cookie:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    frankies to fertile i went from 2 kids to 4 i only wanted 3. twins.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    My Wonder Child family has $1 to their name right now, lol... Too many upgrades, I guess!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    My Wonder Child family has $1 to their name right now, lol... Too many upgrades, I guess!

i can top that my sim family went on vacation and now frankies wife is pregnant with freds baby.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

i can top that my sim family went on vacation and now frankies wife is pregnant with freds baby.

Your sims are naughty!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options

Your sims are naughty!

whats funny is frankie was there and didn't notice.
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited January 2016
    *hands out egg salad sandwiches*

Happy Sunday morning from this side of the world! :)

@Munterbacon, there would be three cookies for you to insert by your reply to BruNCC but a certain sneaky pig ate one. *ninjapig giggles* She's unrepentant. :neutral:

@CathyTea I'm so very happy you enjoyed the extra information about woods! And being a pine wand user, I can say that JP fits the description of pine wood really well too. I think he needs now to build up his fitness skill so he will in fact be long-lived! ;)

Also, the site doesn't mention the artist of the calendar's name. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top