Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JoieWilder's Showcase - Eco in Miniature

JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello all! I'm Joie and I like to build. :p I am a self-professed CC Addict, but sometimes I pull out my mod folder so that I can share my builds with people. I really love them, and I hope you will too. If you use one in a story, I'd love it if you'd tag me so that I can see!

My Origin ID/Gallery is JoieWilder94.

You can also follow me on my blog JoieWilder's Sims 4 Blog where I share lots, as well as sims and stories.

Find me on Twitter! JoieWilder94
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Retro Style (House)
The Wrought Oak (Restaurant)
Man's World Starter (House)
Blossom Glen (Park)
Bright Bohemia (House)
A Touch of Industry (House)
Container Living (Starter) Maxis favorited
Eco in Miniature
Post edited by JoieWilder on

Comments

• JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited June 2016
    Retro Style

ZLr904l.png
    L1EfETj.png
    Maybe time keeps trudging forward, maybe it's frozen forever. Looking at this house, you'd probably be inclined to say the latter.
    7pk9Ed7.png
    The front door, located under the shelter of the car port, leads into the kitchen/dining room. Can you smell old people yet?
    wpNPAmY.png
    The door on the right leads to the master bedroom. The door on the left to the first bathroom.
    mfFdDOe.png
    From the kitchen, there is the living room which hasn't been updated in at least two decades, minimum.
    nUaTmjR.png
    If you couldn't smell the old people before, you can now.
    Scae68h.png
    Mercifully, someone talked the owners of this house out of carpeting the bathroom. UNmercifully, no one talked them out of matching the walls and floors.
    WBXiOeM.png
    Back through the kitchen, on the right, is the second bathroom, which also got the wall/floor matching treatment.
    WhkaGbF.png
    The second bedroom is best suited to a teenage girl, but probably not one interested in video gaming. That old word processor would probably burst into flames if it did something more strenuous than minesweeper.
    u8S6RPL.png
    Though the space is small, it's seen plenty of weenie roasts back in this house's heyday, when the old people were a young, newly wed couple and the second bedroom was still a bare canvas.

In more recent years, the back yard has become an area for the missus of the house to garden while her old man dabbles with the water colors.

This build has no CC.

Get it here!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Retro Style is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home. The green and brown colour of the exterior looks very nice. Nice car port and the enlarged truck vehicle looks great! Very nice fenced backyard area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq there and eating the food at the table in the sunshine. They will enjoy sitting around the campfire toasting food and chatting, or enjoy painting on the easel in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The green and brown colour scheme looks nice. The kitchen and dining area looks nice. The gingham wall pattern looks nice and it looks nice how the cabinets are placed on the walls. The cereal box, spice set, cookbooks, paper towel, teapots and fruit wall picture, are nice kitchen touches in the room. The flooring complements with the wall pattern. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting nook in the living room for sims to rest, watch tv and have a chat. The tissues, books , photo and globe are nice touches on the coffee table. The shoes rack and clothes shelf are homely touches. The master bedroom is nice. Nice floral wall pattern and the corner of upper windows looks very nice! Very nice teenager bedroom. The pink and white colour scheme , the wall pattern and the pink patterned floor rug looks pretty. Nice window study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with sunlight coming in. The fruit pictures look nice how they are placed on the wall.
    The home is very nice :)
    Thank you, @snotsausage :) I had a lot of fun with this build.
    The Wrought Oak (Restaurant)
    VM3FiVR.png
    Welcome to The Wrought Oak, a luxuriously modern, experimental restaurant that stands where the Discotheque Pan Europa once stood.
    qWR180T.png
    o1FZEXy.png
    Out back is the employee entrance and a break area for the staff.
    28MvB6B.png
    HUnftOO.png
    The Wrought Oak is a very popular restaurant with a relatively small number of tables available. They, therefore, offer several lounge areas as well as a fully stocked bar for patrons to wait for a table to open up.
    XSZoxTi.png
    f0cmnyE.png
    Past those arches is the first dining area, which offers patrons a unique dining experience.
    ZFz7hHL.png
    Even if the restaurant is full, feel as if you are the only one there with these chic sunken dining pods. There are three VIP pods and three almost-as-good pods.
    hT9eTei.png
    Each VIP pod is decorated the same and comes with a complementary bottle of nectar.
    6qkS0b6.png
    viWT1es.png
    Two of these pods seat two and the third seats four.
    rWl3ogo.png
    Bathrooms are located at the end of the hall through the arch.
    QJR90xy.png
    Both bathrooms are identical and handicap accessible.
    G9DuVeU.png
    Past the bar is the space where the waitstaff can get off their feet for a few moments, keep their personal belongings...oh, and also place and pick up orders.
    525vhMw.png
    ZoFVdJW.png
    The kitchen is fully stocked and includes a loaded pantry.
    je4oHtI.png
    The second floor lounge looks out over the bar.
    G3fKafK.png
    The second floor features four pod dining rooms as well as two private lounge pods.
    efkHKb6.png
    lpQ7igz.png
    Three dining pods seat 2, one seats 4.
    YS3DLfV.png
    PZHGNZz.png
    Wait for your table in the quiet solitude of your own lounge pod, or take a respite there with your date after your meal.
    hDrV5zP.png
    Through this arch is the restaurant's live entertainment room.
    d1hN2ZL.png
    Diners may enjoy the stains of piano music while they enjoy their meals.

This build has no CC.

Get it here!
    The Wrought Oak restaurant is very stylishly nice! :) The black with white strips windows wall decor looks very nice how it is placed on the exterior walls. Very nice layout of the interior of the restaurant! Your tour of each of the areas of the build is great! It was nice seeing the pictures and reading the accompanying descriptions. The furnishing and colour scheme looks very modern, stylish and nice. The sunken vip pods on the first level look great! The black tree print on the host station and waiting area lounge wall looks great! Very nice design of the bar area! The overhead cabinets look great there and nectar rack items look nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It looks very nice how each of the dining areas are set up in the venue! The black wall tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The pantry shelves nook nooks great. The grey brick texture suits well the room and venue. Very nice dining area where sims can enjoy listening to piano music being played whilst dining at the booth tables. The pictures are a nice touch on the wall. The cherry blossom trees picture gives a nice look to the area.The brown brick wall texture looks nice. The candles are nice touches on the dining tables through the venue areas.
    The restaurant is very nice for sims to enjoy dining at! :)
    Thank you, @rosemow . :) This is the biggest public venue I've ever done and been proud of. I'm still getting the hang of community lots.
    Man's World Starter
    hBTzi3m.png
    This was done as a request for a friend, but I like it well enough to share it. It took me three tries to come up with a starter house. I kept going way over budget because I envisioned a lofted living space. This house is built on a 20x15 Newcrest lot.
    7uEiTfP.png
    As the name suggests, this is a house build for a man in mind. Specifically, a single male sim, but the house does have a second bedroom, albeit a completely unfurnished one.
    PMkeJLF.png
    LLEbXPD.png
    The first door leads to the unfurnished second bedroom. That room would also work as a den/study, after your sim saved up a bit to afford some wallpaper and floors. The second door leads to the bathroom, and the bedroom is at the end of the hall.
    XelsB1V.png
    lG6YQLr.png

The lot comes in at just under 20,000 simoleons.

This build uses no CC.

Get it here!
    Man's World Starter is great! :) Very nice design of the home! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the home. It looks nice the way you used the terrain paint to create the front footpath. The flowers, plants and rock features in the front areas of the home look very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The green , grey and brown colour scheme of the interior suits the theme of the home. It looks nice the way the green kitchen cabinets are placed on the kitchen walls around the windows and to create the fridge nook. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst cooking meals. Nice sofa seat sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv. The books and tissues are a nice touch on the table.
    It is great starter home :)
    Blossom Glen

Welcome to Blossom Glen, a small neighborhood park with a lush garden where your sims can enjoy a book, a game of chess, a lovely lunch with family, or even try their luck at the wishing well.

gdPM828.png
    gdPM828.png
    JgtPPZ4.png
    GHd2wJW.png
    xlEeR0W.png

This is a fully functioning park, but the jungle gym is buried in the basement because it was too large and did not fit the cozy park aesthetic. There are also a few benches down there because the game still does not recognize Romantic Garden Stuff benches in parks. Remember to turn on MOO before placing!

This lot uses no CC.

Get it here!
    Blossom Glen is such a very pretty park! :) The flowers through the areas of the park look so very nice! Very nice chess nook for sims to have fun playing chess at the table in the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy using the wishing well. Very nice trellis covered sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting in such a nice floral setting! The flower water fountain sculpture looks very nice in the park. The statues look great in the build. Very nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food at the tables in the sunshine.
    It Iooks a restful and very pretty park for sims to enjoy visiting :)
    Bright Bohemia

yPjWVDZ.png
    Welcome to Bright Bohemia, my first foray into actually using pretty much anything out of the Movie Stuff Pack. Yes, I am a member of the Pay EAxis Too Much club. (The clothes are worth the $10 bucks though, for real.)

xlNMo94.png

Oh so slightly different angle of the front of the house.

64j7yKK.png
    7BCMTQU.png

The back of the house boasts a Jacuzzi, grill, outdoor dining and living space, and an easel.

aPNjaz8.png
    1fNYjIw.png

The entry way is your gateway to the house. On the right is the bathroom, immediately in front is the master bedroom, through the arch to the left is the living room, and down the short hall is the kitchen/dining room.

YxSPeZ1.png

The bathroom is, well, a bathroom.

pvy49qd.png
    KqXmuzV.png

The living room is screaming with the boho-ness of it all. The ceiling lights actually came with the new Kid’s Room stuff pack, but I thought they went really well with the boho atmosphere.

kg84NlS.png
    8jmHSeo.png

Through the kitchen is the backdoor (on the right) and the kid’s room (on the left).

wsSo6Xj.png
    3cTax1c.png

The master bedroom is brightly decorated in themes of blue and yellow with purple tones as well.

7XjPXTp.png
    E3q8khN.png

The kid’s room is decorated with a boy in mind. I really love the new shelves that came with the Kid’s Room stuff pack (above the desk) and I’m irrationally happy to finally have a nice desk chair. Don’t judge me.

This house is yet more proof that I can’t build starters anymore.

This lot uses no CC. Make sure to enable MOO before placing.

Download: Gallery
    Bright Bohemia is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The A frame roofing looks great! The flowers along the front edges of the home look so very, very pretty! Nice exterior texture of the home, Very nice back patiio! The hot tub nook is nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the dining table in the sunshine. The candle is a nice touch on the table. The flower are pretty for sims to see when dining at the table or resting on the sofa seating. Very nice bohemian themed furnishing of the interior of the home! The colours used in rhe rooms and the furnishings looks very nice! Very nice entrance area. The large vases of plants and flowers, the flower mirrors and thr flowers on the side wall table are nice for sims to see when entering the home. The yellow wall colour looks sunny. Very nice wall,and floor tiling in the bathroom! Very nice boho themed furnishing of the living room! The type of patterned seating used looks very nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv. in front of the fire. The green curtains give a great look to the room! The ceiling lights and wall of candles look very pretty! The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the room. The books,tissues and candles look great on the coffee table. Very nice design of rhe kitchen and dining room! The yellow coloured cabinets look sunny and .nice placed on the blue coloured walls. The pictures are a nice touch on the wall.The patterned dining table and chairs look very nice! Sims will enjoy dining there with sunshine comimg in through the windows. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The floral wall pattern in the master bedroom looks pretty! The yellow colour of the bed complements well with the curtains. Nice corner computer study desk nook in both bedrooms for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer. The blue colour scheme of the boys bedroom looks great, and the way that you have used the new kids room stuff items in the room looks so nice! The Voidcritter decal on the wall looks great! The rows of hanging photos give a a great look in the room. The honey comb shelving looks great!
    The home is very nice.! :)
    Hi everyone! I return after a long absence with my first ever speed build! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAiyY9mlv0
    A Touch of Industry is a very nice home! :) Congratulations on your first speed bulld video! It is very exciting! Very nice exterior design of the home! The ledges on the windows look great! Very nice trellis covered outdoors patio area. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors in the outside air. The furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! The blue, green and textures of the room walls gives a very nice look and feel to the home. Very nice light filled kitchen area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The study desk nook is very nice! The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the study desk wall. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer,
    The home is very nice! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Wonderful showcase with fabulous creations. Blossom Glen is especially beautiful, as is Bright Bohemia :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Container Living - Starter

R5v1ySb.jpg
    Based on the converted shipping container homes that are so popular these days, this is a cozy little starter home for a single sim.
    9LMGPDA.jpg
    Out back is a small hedged in back yard where your sim can engage in a bit of gardening. Once they save up a bit, it’ll be the perfect place for a grill to entertain guests.
    ww6y4m2.jpg
    Inside, view from the bedroom into the living/kitchen area.
    ydnnSel.jpg
    The kitchen is basic but it’s got everything you need. ( I even remembered a trash can!)
    WzZnmMx.jpg
    View from the living room into the bedroom.
    Lj3sz8S.jpg
    Tucked in the corner next to the dresser is the 1-tile desk from City Living.
    iV4LnmW.jpg
    Finally, claustrophobic sims should take a Xanax before entering the bathroom.

Make sure to enable moveobjects before placing this lot!

Container Living is a very nice starter! :) It is great that it is based on a coverted shipping container. The blue and white colour scheme of the exterior looks nice. The backard outdoors living sitting nook is very nice! The candle in the table and flowers in the corner are pretty for sims to see whilst enjoying sitting at the table in the sunshine. They will enjoy growing plants in the planters. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The windows sitting area is nice for sims to rest there and read a book or watch tv with sunshine coming in onto them. Very nice bedroom. It is great that there is a study desk nook in the room. Sims will enjoy looking out through the bedroom windows at the outdoors views. The plant and books are a nice home touch on the desk top. The wall and floor tiling in the bathroom looks nice.
    Sims will enjoy starting their sims lives in your home :)
    Thank you, @rosemow !! I am completely floored to have a build favorited by Maxis.
    Eco in Miniature

1p34Yvq.png
    qedN1zt.png
    USHkRyD.png
    With this little two bed, one bath home, I wanted to go very green and eco-friendly. I wish that I could’ve made the roof sod, but unfortunately we can’t use the grass floor tiles for roofs. Rooves? Roofs.

It took me an eternity to find a wall color/style that I liked for the house–then I ended up covering it up with windows and plants. Typical.
    3z8Lw5x.png
    The backyard is a lovely little hodgepodge of things rather than being perfect and manicured. There’s a sitting area and table to eat at (the only one present in this home), as well as a grill, yoga mat, artist’s easel, and a slide for a toddler to play on.
    Aw36HMK.png
    Indoors, to the right is the kitchen. It also took me quite a while to settle on counters that I liked. I rarely use these ones, but they actually worked well in this build.
    IxIRnA4.png
    The living room has to be my favorite part of the house. It’s just cluttered enough to make it feel homey, with a bit of an eclectic blend of styles. I was excited to use that table for the tv; I love it, but I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve used it because the colors so rarely go with whatever I’m building.
    v0UGemX.png
    Between the two bedrooms is the bathroom. Yup, that’s a bathroom alright. (Shower room? You can’t exactly take a bath in it. #FoodForThought)
    Trx2gJz.png
    UsInJLL.png
    The master bedroom returns to the earthy tones that I wanted to incorporate into this build. I was extremely dissatisfied with it for a while and wrote it off as a room I just wasn’t going to like; then I came back and added in more plants. That really made the room work.
    vFnW3ta.png
    gPZoFqZ.png
    The toddler bedroom was a delight to furnish. I tried to make it appropriate for any gender child. I’m not a big fan of orange IRL, but I like this room quite a lot. I especially love the giant windows I used in the bedrooms; I think they help make them feel bigger than they are.

This lot uses NO CC. Make sure to turn on MOO before placing it as the cheat was spammed egregiously in the making of this home (as in all my builds.)

The exterior design of Eco in Miniature looks very nice! :) The roofing is very creatively designed! The greenery looks very nice on the exterior walls. The flowers through the outdoors areas look pretty. It is nice that there is a bird feeder near the front door for sims to enjoy watching the bird eating seeds. Very nice outdoors dining and art nook and kids play area! Toddlers will have fun on the slide, and sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air. Nice art nook for sims to painting in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The green and brown colour scheme looks very nice. The counters used in the kitchen do look nice and suit well the home type. The design of the living room looks very nice! It is nice that there is a sofa and stool there for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing watching tv or reading a book. The layout of the bedrooms looks very nice! The large glass windows are very nice for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in to the rooms when waking. The butterflies, cloud night light, colourful birds pictures, and hot air balloon on the walls in the kids bedroom looks very pretty!
    It is a very nice natural themed home :)
    Thank you, @rosemow . I always appreciate your kind comments. :)