Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I refuse to take the sorting hat quiz again out of fear of my result (I don't want to elaborate further, for fear of offending people in here haha) but let's just say that EVERY sorting hat quiz always gives me the same result (including the original Pottermore one) and it's a house I do not want any association with, so I am in denial of my results :lol:

Plus, you don't want to risk me saying, But wait! This is so you! LOL! <3

Also that, @CathyTea :lol: I just... don't like that particular house at all, and never have, so the fact that every quiz ever things I belong there has put me in major denial :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I refuse to take the sorting hat quiz again out of fear of my result (I don't want to elaborate further, for fear of offending people in here haha) but let's just say that EVERY sorting hat quiz always gives me the same result (including the original Pottermore one) and it's a house I do not want any association with, so I am in denial of my results :lol:

That's like the CathyTea-est sentence I know xD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

you must have got sorted in to slytherin. according to the book the hat says its the best. rember harry was almost put in slytherin but he refused.

im just guessing you keep getting slytherin.

Hahaha @friendsfan367 I will never tell! :tongue:

i'll get it out of you when we chat again. i never do multiple people chat just one on one. i tried multiple with some of my s3 friends i never knew who said what. even if you tell me there i won't tell .not even cathtea and i tell her a lot.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Is there a way to do the wand quiz separate from the sorting hat quiz? That part I would be intersted in! I forget what my result was the first time around (stopped using Pottermore partially because of where I was sorted... :lol: Yes, I care that much. It's been a sore spot for me basically my whole life. :tongue:)

I just want to guess... out of mischievousness. You sorted as Slytherin and you want to be... Gryffindor ?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Is there a way to do the wand quiz separate from the sorting hat quiz? That part I would be intersted in! I forget what my result was the first time around (stopped using Pottermore partially because of where I was sorted... :lol: Yes, I care that much. It's been a sore spot for me basically my whole life. :tongue:)

I think you should be able to; they seem to be separate quizzes on the new site. But I'm not sure if you have to do the sorting hat first.

We love you no matter what house you're in!

(*ninjapig runs past in her Slytherin robes carrying a stolen cookie from the kitchen* *sneaky oinks*)

(Not implying that you're a Slytherin, but you know what I mean. :D Also, apparently pigs are not very magical creatures and they're very difficult to use charms on...ah well. :D )

LOL! My guess, too! LOL! Slytherins are the best! Well, we're all great, but you know what I mean. Anyway, it's the melancholics that (usually) end up as Slytherins, which is SO awesome. Shadow is every bit as amazing as light--and a bit more powerful, in fact.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    I want to do what Pottermore is offering, but it just reminded me that I never finished the books. :/

I'm not sure, it doesn't feel right to do a sorting quiz from a series I never got done reading. (I did get all the books, and I planned on reading all of them, but for some reason I never did)

I haven't read any of the books. :/ For some reason, I have a SUPER hard time reading fantasy. I actually had to stop reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy because I got too sad--as in really, super depressed. Even as a kid, I could hardly listen when my parents would read it aloud. Just too sad. Maybe, I have fairy/elf ancestry, for I always get heartbroken when I read about that time when magic receded from the world.

I can write and live fantasy, though, just not read it! So... I'm going to do the sorting cap anyway! :)

I find it hard to imagine that there's books you haven't read :open_mouth: That's so interesting that you find fantasy books too sad, I think they're my favourite kind!
  • Options
    Cypress wands are associated with nobility. The great medieval wandmaker, Geraint Ollivander, wrote that he was always honoured to match a cypress wand, for he knew he was meeting a witch or wizard who would die a heroic death. Fortunately, in these less blood-thirsty times, the possessors of cypress wands are rarely called upon to lay down their lives, though doubtless many of them would do so if required. Wands of cypress find their soul mates among the brave, the bold and the self-sacrificing: those who are unafraid to confront the shadows in their own and others’ natures.

This SO fits Cypress Bough and her choice of Knox McRae (gloomy and very brave) as her husband! Wowie! I'm so excited! Thanks a mil you guys for turning me onto this! :)

• Options
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Loving the HP conversation and all the beautiful things coming to Pottermore!

I'm a Slytherin through and through and my wand is Hazel wood, Unicorn hair core, 12 ¼" and unbending flexibility

Knowing they changed the sorting process makes me curious if my house would change too.. i'll probably make a new account just to check xP

Awesome! See? Slytherin are so super cool! :)

• Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Thank you for the reminder on master skilling, @cathytea ! I'm trying to decide if I should start over because I have a mod that reduces the days a week kids go to school depending on their grade. I'm a little worried she won't get her A's if I keep going. She was halfway through childhood when I got her to B (with 3 days a week) and now there are only two days a week! I might take the mod out and continue just in case. There's no opportunity to do homework while focused if she has no homework!!! :dizzy:

Yeah! The grading thing is weird--it used to be you had to EARN the A to complete whiz kid, but I seem to recall that that got switched with a recent patch and now it counts if you already have the A... but I'm not sure. There's also the "complete homework while focused three times" for whiz kid, so you've got to make sure that there are still three sessions of homework available! Fortunately, extra credit will count!

• Options
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Guys check out this hilarious tweet about Grimmy xD

Poor Reaper, even he suffers from body shaming xD

<3 Oh, Bru! What a perfect response! :)

• Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    I just downloaded a buttload of furniture cc and built a room with it.
    Really impressed with myself, but also not sure that it's going to be of any use to me. xD
    01-30-16_12-29-56nbspPM_zpshyxsdrqn.png
    01-30-16_12-29-33nbspPM_zpshwds7tkc.png

Has Pottermore changed a lot since it was originally released? I never checked it out in the beginning - no reason to. But I heard it wasn't particularly well liked originally. It certainly seems interesting now. :)
  • Options

Also that, @CathyTea :lol: I just... don't like that particular house at all, and never have, so the fact that every quiz ever things I belong there has put me in major denial :lol:

So... maybe this is a chance for you to exert your inner rebel! "I AM WHO I SAY I AM!" You choose.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ravencalw last time i was hufflepufff.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I want to do what Pottermore is offering, but it just reminded me that I never finished the books. :/

I'm not sure, it doesn't feel right to do a sorting quiz from a series I never got done reading. (I did get all the books, and I planned on reading all of them, but for some reason I never did)

I haven't read any of the books. :/ For some reason, I have a SUPER hard time reading fantasy. I actually had to stop reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy because I got too sad--as in really, super depressed. Even as a kid, I could hardly listen when my parents would read it aloud. Just too sad. Maybe, I have fairy/elf ancestry, for I always get heartbroken when I read about that time when magic receded from the world.

I can write and live fantasy, though, just not read it! So... I'm going to do the sorting cap anyway! :)

I find it hard to imagine that there's books you haven't read :open_mouth: That's so interesting that you find fantasy books too sad, I think they're my favourite kind!

Yeah. They're just too true to me! LOL! Seriously, they are, though. They get me super deep. With regular fiction, it helps me understand the everyday world (which is a bit murky for me at times...).

• Options
    [spam]**sorry re. all the spam! Got a little excited! :) I'm just so happy about the correlation of the wand wood and the Boughs! That's just so awesome! I could try to be clever and say, "Oh, yes. This was all intended!" But I think it's even neater that it just happened! And also, this is the part that is super magical to me: I choose the names when the babies are born, right? Before the grow and develop in to who they are! So how awesome is it that there would be a connection between the HP wands and the Sims! I'm really looking forward to reading about Maple! :) **[/endspam]

• Options
  • Options

Yeah. They're just too true to me! LOL! Seriously, they are, though. They get me super deep. With regular fiction, it helps me understand the everyday world (which is a bit murky for me at times...).

i gave up understanding the real world.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

I think you should be able to; they seem to be separate quizzes on the new site. But I'm not sure if you have to do the sorting hat first.

(*ninjapig runs past in her Slytherin robes carrying a stolen cookie from the kitchen* *sneaky oinks*)

(Not implying that you're a Slytherin, but you know what I mean. :D Also, apparently pigs are not very magical creatures and they're very difficult to use charms on...ah well. :D )

LOL! My guess, too! LOL! Slytherins are the best! Well, we're all great, but you know what I mean. Anyway, it's the melancholics that (usually) end up as Slytherins, which is SO awesome. Shadow is every bit as amazing as light--and a bit more powerful, in fact.

Just took the test and apparently I am a Slytherin haha! I used to roleplay as a Hufflepuff a looong time ago though.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good afternoon!

Jonathan’s love for Skyla is so sweet and sacrificial. Good thing he has Meatball in his corner to back him up at the restaurant.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-87-depression/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member

Just took the test and apparently I am a Slytherin haha! I used to roleplay as a Hufflepuff a looong time ago though.

Shhhh don't fight the wisdom of the virtual Sorting Hat. Just join our green and silver family B)

(When I was super young I roleplayed as a Gryffindor. Dark times, dark times xD)
    [
  • Options
    i just saw apicture of my head of house professer flitwick . finally someone smaller than me. im the shortest in my family.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited January 2016
    Pine wood sounds cool. Does the description match you, though? The creative part is true, but I would never say you're a loner. :) But yay on having a long life! :)

Mine is: Dogwood, Phoenix feather, 12 ½" in length, Unyielding
    • Dogwood - Dogwood is one of my own personal favourites, and I have found that matching a dogwood wand with its ideal owner is always entertaining. Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun. It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy.
    • Phoenix - This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

And I'm Gryffindor (no idea why, I'm the biggest sissy you've ever heard of :lol: )

And I would love to hear about everyone else's! It's almost like another personality quiz anyway, isn't it? :)

Maruska--I would say that dogwood and phoenix feather both suit you! What do you think? Does it feel right?

It feels so right! :) I adore dogwood - I'm not sure if excitement and fun is a proper description of my lifestyle (simming and books would be more accurate), but I do like the idea of having a wand with playful nature! :) As for phoenix feathers, I'm afraid the part about them being independent, detached and hard to tame sounds like me a bit, unfortunately :confused: ... But I like the fact that it's the rarest core type, makes me feel like I'm such a special snowflake, haha :lol:
    The only part I'm not so sure about is Gryffindor - I've always considered myself more of a Ravenclaw girl.

How about you, CT? What did you get?
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    i want to be gryfendor.

*highfive* I also want to be a Gryffindor, and that's what I will always be, despite what any bogus online quizzes keep telling me :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    i want to be gryfendor.

*highfive* I also want to be a Gryffindor, and that's what I will always be, despite what any bogus online quizzes keep telling me :lol:

You can't deny your true self... it will make you a good target for deatheaters... :naughty:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    I got Ravenclaw! ***happy dance***

And...

Dogwood wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¼" and suprisingly swishy flexibility :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top