Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Thank you for the reminder on master skilling, @cathytea ! I'm trying to decide if I should start over because I have a mod that reduces the days a week kids go to school depending on their grade. I'm a little worried she won't get her A's if I keep going. She was halfway through childhood when I got her to B (with 3 days a week) and now there are only two days a week! I might take the mod out and continue just in case. There's no opportunity to do homework while focused if she has no homework!!! :dizzy:

I'm trying to get to the Pottermore website to tell you guys my wand. When I took the sorting hat quiz for the first time I got Slytherin and I was all, "I see why I got this but it is not right..." then I decided to take it again a while later and got Hufflepuff. I'll have to wait until Monday when I've got fast internet. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark Meggles's wifi...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    I've never read - or really watched - Harry Potter, but I'm doing the sorting/wand quiz just out of curiosity. :P

How are you guys?
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    You're right @CitizenErased14, still green and silver for me!

*highfives @Munterbacon* Slytherin power!
    [
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've never even touched a Harry Potter book (banned from reading them as a kid, and then the hype died down and I felt no need to fix it). Though I've taken sorting hat quizzes before, and I walk a thin line between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    Apparently I got Hufflepuff.
    And that's my wand:
    Laurel wood
    Unicorn hair core
    14 ½" in length
    Supple flexibility

Whatever that means. :p
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Guys check out this hilarious tweet about Grimmy xD

Poor Reaper, even he suffers from body shaming xD
    [
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

OMG!!! My Skinner Saga Grim needs a diet, too :)
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »

I've always thought of Grimmy as bones. I was super surprised to discover otherwise.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »

I've always thought of Grimmy as bones. I was super surprised to discover otherwise.

@aroseinbloom you can actually see part of his body if you try to change his outfit in cas xD He's also black.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @Julyvee94
    You know, I can't say for sure where exactly I stopped (It's been quite some time since I last read them). I know for sure I finished the first two books, and I do remember at least starting the third book. After that, I forget.

And that tweet is so funny! :D

@eXokamikaze
    I'll make sure to let you know! :)

@zbern12
    Eh, I'm a little tired right now. For now I'm writing, but later I might either watch Netflix, or play Deus Ex: Human Revolutions on the 360.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Hi guys it's been a while. I hope everyone is doing super! I'm working on a new story and wanted to share a teaser for it. Big thanks to @Rorygilmore34 for inspiring me to do this story :D

COMING SOON!!

tfz8x1vh.jpg
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Just had a good old browse through the updated Pottermore site and I found this 2016 calendar! So pretty, but probably only more for UK and US residents.

@SummerFalls @Meggles @Rorygilmore34 @CitizenErased14 @ThePlumbob @allPotterheads!

That's so beautiful! Who is the illustrator? <3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze Exactly, it was so neat! And it seems I lost all the beans and galleons I found... Bummer! :lol: Anyway, what's your wand like? (I'm reading Wand woods descriptions there and it's so fun - brings back Goofy Love memories, because almost all family members are there :) )

and @BBQPenguinWings I'm re-watching HP movies, too! It's on TV every Saturady afternoon where I live and I just can't resist! :smile:

Ah! How funny! I'll have to look through the descriptions and work the properties of the wood in with current Bough story! That seems like something that Jaclyn (hobbit-elf) would know about and be interested in! By the way...
    Jeffrey Pine finally fell in love! Totally autonomous and happened while I was looking away, watching the little hobbit-elf getting her manicure!

Also.... my game is generating super interesting names for Sims lately: Lyric Rock! Floyd Cloud! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze Exactly, it was so neat! And it seems I lost all the beans and galleons I found... Bummer! :lol: Anyway, what's your wand like? (I'm reading Wand woods descriptions there and it's so fun - brings back Goofy Love memories, because almost all family members are there :) )

I was always so happy whenever I found a little trinket/snack to keep too. :(

I got Pine wood with a Unicorn hair core 11 ¾" and Supple flexibility.

(Putting the rest under a spoiler tag so that I don't clog up the thread. :) )
    • Pine wood - The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively, and unlike some others, will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Many wandmakers insist that pine wands are able to detect, and perform best for, owners who are destined for long lives, and I can confirm this in as much as I have never personally known the master of a pine wand to die young. The pine wand is one of those that is most sensitive to non-verbal magic.
    • Unicorn hair - Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

What's your wand description like? And which house are you in? I'm still a Hufflepuff (yay)!

And haha, I thought I was the only one making comparisons with the wand woods and Goofy Love! I think the characteristics of alder wood on Pottermore really fit the description of Alder's character in the story.

This is so awesome! eXo--these qualities seem to really fit you! I'm so excited now to have Jaclyn delve into the properties of the wood and apply them to her understanding of the Boughs! :) Yay! @CharmingMaruska and @eXokamikaze -- you've both given me fantastic things to deal with in an upcoming chapter cycle! :) And this really is a great way for me to integrate Jaclyn Ball into the entire story! Yay! Oooooh! So excited :)

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Missing you all. At work til 11pm tonight and feeling not that great emotionally. I want to cuddle up in bed so badly.

Anyways...I hope things are well with you all. Can't wait to have more time for the forums and Simming :)

@aroseinbloom I can relate, I've been so swamped lately. I hope things calm down for you soon <3 Have a nice relaxing bath when you get a chance, that always helps :)
  • Options
    Pine wood sounds cool. Does the description match you, though? The creative part is true, but I would never say you're a loner. :) But yay on having a long life! :)

Mine is: Dogwood, Phoenix feather, 12 ½" in length, Unyielding
    • Dogwood - Dogwood is one of my own personal favourites, and I have found that matching a dogwood wand with its ideal owner is always entertaining. Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun. It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy.
    • Phoenix - This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

And I'm Gryffindor (no idea why, I'm the biggest sissy you've ever heard of :lol: )

And I would love to hear about everyone else's! It's almost like another personality quiz anyway, isn't it? :)

Maruska--I would say that dogwood and phoenix feather both suit you! What do you think? Does it feel right?

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @ThePlumbob ! I miss you :heart: (Sorry, I got super excited to see you post here hehe :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Another legacy post today!! And another scheduled for Monday! I missed my legacy of seems

The baby is born... Hopefully the last one this gen!!

T-H-R-E-E

YAY! Miss P! This is so awesome! I'm excited! How fun to get back to your legacy! :)

• Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Hello everybody :)
    A new chapter of my Amazon Challenge is ready.
    The brightest light of my world

Love your chapter title, Marialein!

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I refuse to take the sorting hat quiz again out of fear of my result (I don't want to elaborate further, for fear of offending people in here haha) but let's just say that EVERY sorting hat quiz always gives me the same result (including the original Pottermore one) and it's a house I do not want any association with, so I am in denial of my results :lol:

you must have got sorted in to slytherin. according to the book the hat says its the best. rember harry was almost put in slytherin but he refused.

im just guessing you keep getting slytherin.
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    I want to do what Pottermore is offering, but it just reminded me that I never finished the books. :/

I'm not sure, it doesn't feel right to do a sorting quiz from a series I never got done reading. (I did get all the books, and I planned on reading all of them, but for some reason I never did)

I haven't read any of the books. :/ For some reason, I have a SUPER hard time reading fantasy. I actually had to stop reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy because I got too sad--as in really, super depressed. Even as a kid, I could hardly listen when my parents would read it aloud. Just too sad. Maybe, I have fairy/elf ancestry, for I always get heartbroken when I read about that time when magic receded from the world.

I can write and live fantasy, though, just not read it! So... I'm going to do the sorting cap anyway! :)

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I refuse to take the sorting hat quiz again out of fear of my result (I don't want to elaborate further, for fear of offending people in here haha) but let's just say that EVERY sorting hat quiz always gives me the same result (including the original Pottermore one) and it's a house I do not want any association with, so I am in denial of my results :lol:

you must have got sorted in to slytherin. according to the book the hat says its the best. rember harry was almost put in slytherin but he refused.

im just guessing you keep getting slytherin.

Hahaha @friendsfan367 I will never tell! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob ! I miss you :heart: (Sorry, I got super excited to see you post here hehe :tongue:)

@CitizenErased14 Aww <3 I miss you too, and everyone in the lounge! I need more hours in the day haha!
  • Options

Plus, you don't want to risk me saying, But wait! This is so you! LOL! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top