Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Service Issues

Comments

• Options
    dollface2143dollface2143 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello Everyone!
    >
    > I want to apologize for the forums issues you have been experiencing over the last week. Our team is working hard to resolve them and have been working on upgrading the system so that this does not happen again. We are aware that some of you are still experiencing issues and the team is working those out as well.
    >
    > If you have any questions related to the forum service issues please let me know.

hey, as i am creating or starting a new games, i have experiences pixelated edges around my sims, objects, everything, my imac is currently updated, could the team be able to fix this issue please ?? Much appreciated
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited December 2015
    hey, as i am creating or starting a new games, i have experiences pixelated edges around my sims, objects, everything, my imac is currently updated, could the team be able to fix this issue please ?? Much appreciated

Hi
    This is the thread for technical issues related to using this forum, You need to post any game issues on the "bug thread".

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

But, while you're at it, try "Repair Game"

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    Miki wrote: »
    think there's been an error - site says I received 5 awesomes badge but I don't have any awesomes.

Oh.. You again? (haha) If you click on it, it's supposed to show a list of posts for which you got an "awesome".
    yup me again ha ha, some of the pages show 5 awesomes but the front page (first one you come to when clicking on your name shows 0 )
    I really don't care if I get awesomes or not but it said I had a badge & I didn't want to accept the badge if I really didn't have the goods.

The site is glitchy like that. I can go to my wall and see my counts as they are on that page. But then I click on my awesome count and go to that page just to see that all my counts are higher on that page than they are on my profile page.

In order to fix it right now until EA gets the site fixed is to log out and then log back in and that sets your page right. This also works when you or anyone else has commented on your wall but the comments don't show up.

And as far as the badges go, you automatically get the badges, there is no accepting or declining the badges.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited December 2015
    Miki wrote: »
    think there's been an error - site says I received 5 awesomes badge but I don't have any awesomes.

Oh.. You again? (haha) If you click on it, it's supposed to show a list of posts for which you got an "awesome".
    yup me again ha ha, some of the pages show 5 awesomes but the front page (first one you come to when clicking on your name shows 0 )
    I really don't care if I get awesomes or not but it said I had a badge & I didn't want to accept the badge if I really didn't have the goods.

I messed up and forgot to mention that about the badges. Thanks to the post above me, that was cleared up. One other thing, the badges are an automated function of the forum itself, just like transition from New Member to Member. Once you reach the milestones set in the system by the forum client, (EA) the server that runs this place will spit out an award any hour of any day it happens without any actions on the part of Management needed.

As in: I saw a dude who was "in jail" get a badge (forgot precisely which one) but the machine spat out the remark, "You Post Great Stuff And We're lucky to have you here"

My favorite was when another member got banned.. The badge before that said "You're Practically Family".

I'm not knocking it, though. Just my windy way of saying "Don't sweat the badges, they're free". Actually, every forum I have been in, moderated or just lurked around each had their own version of "canned praise" that can be dished out any time but leaving administrators free to do their regular tasks.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Heledriel wrote: »
    I just wanted to edit an older post of me (to keep it up to date), but after I wanted to post the updated version, it just showed me 'the post ist waiting for approval' and completely disappeared from the thread :| . It was a pretty long and detailed one, and I don't keep back ups of everythign I want to post.

There are a few threads mentioning this problem on the forums. This has happened to me. I am afraid to edit any post for fear of it disappearing, but linking to individual entries in a contest on the first page had always been good before the last maintenance that accompanied this last patch.

The "post is waiting for approval" normally means you've unintentionally tripped our spam filter. If you are still experiencing this issue please let me know.

@SimGuruDrake : Well, you say to let you know, so...

I talk about this over in this thread but I have lost a very large thread to this error. I maintained a virtual library of links for Sim stories written by the lovely members of these forums, who submitted their works through the thread, so I frequently needed to edit my opening posts to add in new submissions. Tonight I got the "post is waiting for approval" error and it deleted an entire post out of my opening line-up. I had several "reserved" posts lower on the first page (planning for future expansion!) so since I write the entire Index externally on a text file first, I figured I'd just edit all the posts, moving the data down, and reinsert the missing data back in. But systemattically I watched, one by one, as I hit "Edit Post" and got "post is waiting for approval" and had post after post deleted from my thread. And I'd been editing that thread just earlier that afternoon!

I even tried creating a brand new thread and reinserting the data there... same issue. One by one as I tried to save the posts, they were deleting to that same error. I can't even rebuild the Index off my text file backup! (And now I have two threads, here and here that both need deleted... is there really no delete option on these forums?)

The Stories and Legacies Index was a really useful thread for Simmers in both the Stories and Legacies and the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies forums. I had 170 submissions before this happened. That's a lot of creative talent all collected into one place! So this is very disheartening. It's not like this is spam, but a tool for the community of these forums. At this point, I don't even know what to do with this backed up data, except take it somewhere else -- set up an external site -- because these forums are causing me nothing but trouble, I've had this issue since I joined last August and it still doesn't seem to be resolved, and I fear at this point that every single time I try to edit a post it could just be deleted on me without warning!

It would be greatly appreciated to get some kind of insight onto this issue. I'd love to see some sort of a resolution so I can put my link index back where it belongs -- on these forums! -- and not have to set it up elsewhere.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    These forums really need more mods or gurus moderating them as there is a lot of abuse and bad behaviour not being looked into or handled, @SimGuruDrake any chance we might get some mods on these forums?
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    StormydoveStormydove Posts: 53 Member
    Good to know
  • Options
    amarie123456789amarie123456789 Posts: 1 New Member
    okokok
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Are you all Ever going to add the Emoji from the contest? :(
  • Options
    iloveafiiloveafi Posts: 74 Member
    woot woot woot
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm having issues commenting on walls now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

Same here. So what I have been doing is copy my post and then going back to the Activity Feed and pasting it on the comment that I was trying to comment on when I was on that person's profile wall. Sometimes refreshing the page helps with the comment being posted as I just had to do that myself.

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Same here. So what I have been doing is copy my post and then going back to the Activity Feed and pasting it on the comment that I was trying to comment on when I was on that person's profile wall. Sometimes refreshing the page helps with the comment being posted as I just had to do that myself.
    Ah thanks I'll have to try that. Yeah I can't even comment on my own wall.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Ah thanks I'll have to try that. Yeah I can't even comment on my own wall.

You're welcome.... :)

I hope they can get this taken care of. I'm wondering if this happening due to the fact that they may be trying to keep the spambots from coming back. Speaking of spambots, there's been a lot of new people just joining the site with just a bunch of letters that don't really spell out anything and they all just joined around 8:58PM-9:08PM. So just a heads up to keep an eye out on them.

• Options

I hope they can get this taken care of. I'm wondering if this happening due to the fact that they may be trying to keep the spambots from coming back. Speaking of spambots, there's been a lot of new people just joining the site with just a bunch of letters that don't really spell out anything and they all just joined around 8:58PM-9:08PM. So just a heads up to keep an eye out on them.
    Yeah I saw. Might be why the site is having issues. I'm getting tired of the spambots. But hunting them has become a new forum activity for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Yeah I saw. Might be why the site is having issues. I'm getting tired of the spambots. But hunting them has become a new forum activity for me.

I hear you on that. I'm not sure if we should let Drake know of it so she can keep an eye out on it or she can put some other md/guru on it. This is just getting too crazy here with this happening just about day to every other day.... :(

Edit to say that I even had a hard time posting this comment until I refreshed the page... :/
  • Options

I hear you on that. I'm not sure if we should let Drake know of it so she can keep an eye out on it or she can put some other md/guru on it. This is just getting too crazy here with this happening just about day to every other day.... :(

Edit to say that I even had a hard time posting this comment until I refreshed the page... :/
    Yeah it's starting to make forums not as enjoyable to come on. I commented SimGuruPanda's wall about it. But yeah might be good to let SimGuruDrake know soon too as soon as they start commenting. Yeah commenting on pages is starting to glitch too. :(
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I've also started having trouble editing my posts today. Frequently, instead of allowing me to edit them, I get stuck in a waiting loop. Exiting my browser and returning usually lets me edit one or two more posts and then I get stuck again.

Perhaps, this is due the measures to deter the spambots?

When trying to post this, I just got the message:

m7vtqa.jpg
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    For some reason, I can't start new discussions when I'm logged into my account. The button just isn't there. However, when I log out and view the various categories, the big blue 'New Discussion' button is in its usual place. I've ruled out posting bans since I don't remember getting one (my inbox is empty anyway). Is this just a glitch?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    For some reason, I can't start new discussions when I'm logged into my account. The button just isn't there. However, when I log out and view the various categories, the big blue 'New Discussion' button is in its usual place. I've ruled out posting bans since I don't remember getting one (my inbox is empty anyway). Is this just a glitch?

Hello @TinySpaceFox
    Because of the spambots issue, new members may have been restricted from starting new discussions at the moment? When you become a full member you can start a new discussion, or the restrictions for new members may be lifted again very soon.
  • Options
    Tine252Tine252 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't login online to sims 3. I haven''t been able to since i bought the game months ago. Whenever I try I click that I have read the terms and agreements and then it says I haven't completed all the requirements. But I don't understand what I am missing. If someone could help it would be appreciated! Thanks
  • Options
    Tine252 wrote: »
    I can't login online to sims 3. I haven''t been able to since i bought the game months ago. Whenever I try I click that I have read the terms and agreements and then it says I haven't completed all the requirements. But I don't understand what I am missing. If someone could help it would be appreciated! Thanks

Hello @Tine252 . I am sorry that you are having issues logging into the sims 3 site.

Some things to do that may help are to clear out your web browser cache and the temporary files.
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-browsers-cache
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-temporary-files

Also check that your firewall is not causing issues and preventing you from logging in.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @rosemow thanks for the clarification! It looks like they're letting new members start discussions again (at least for now).

I think I might be experiencing a bug, though. I'm browsing the forums on my iPhone, and I put a heart emoji into a comment. But when I posted that comment, the emoji didn't show up. And all the other words that I'd added in after the emoji were gone too.
  • Options
    @rosemow thanks for the clarification! It looks like they're letting new members start discussions again (at least for now).

I think I might be experiencing a bug, though. I'm browsing the forums on my iPhone, and I put a heart emoji into a comment. But when I posted that comment, the emoji didn't show up. And all the other words that I'd added in after the emoji were gone too.

Hello @TinySpaceFox. Did you post the comment on a simmer's wall? There is an issue there, where if you post a heart emoji as a comment ( not the first message ) the emoji and the rest of the message disappears.
    If you posted the heart emoji on a forum thread post, the emoji may not show as a symbol because you are still a new member,
    Perhaps also the heart emoji issue that happens on the walls, may have happened on the forums to you as well.
  • Options
    Kitty_1Kitty_1 Posts: 38 Member
    My Ideas
    We all know that when games are updated and get new packs it can be exciting. It gives us chills and starts letting are imaginations run wild. So, today the topic of this discussion is..... What we would like to see in expansion/ stuff packs in The Sims 4. Let’s begin. My first topic that I would like to mention is personally I think the expansion packs that consist of supernatural, into the future, island paradise, university life, seasons, and apartment/ hotel life were amazing hits. I think it would be a huge improvement to add these to the Sims 4. However, you will need to update them and add some new features. My second topic is cars. I believe these were great, so just keep them. It would majorly improve them to look inside them. It would be more interesting than a waiting screen. The radio could play or the parents could have a chat with their kids. My next topic discusses a MAJOR problem. Where on sim land did the toddlers go? It doesn't matter where they went all that matters is that you bring them BACK. We enjoyed these children. It made the gap in age not seem all that bad. However, you guys made the children look about 7 or so we need someone in between the newborns and the 7 year old's, please change that. Next, since I am discussing age gaps, let’s talk about children to teens. There needs to be an age group between children and teen. It could be called tween, as most refer to it like this today. This age group tween could give sim lovers a chance at new and larger variety. Next, I think the idea of having sleepovers would be amazing. There could be sleeping bags, more pajama wear, and even real nail polish. Your Sims would get to experience new game play such as pillow fights, scary storytelling, kneeling on the floor, watching movies while in sleeping bags, playing truth or dare, and especially pulling all- nighters. Another thing that would improve this action, is planning parties earlier than that vary day. You could even invite them to come home with you after school. My next topic is, handshakes. I know you can do handshakes with clubs, but what about with your sister/brother or even a best friend? Next up, when you hopefully add in pets please keep Sims 3 pets while adding in pets like bunnies or snakes. It would also be neat to have farm life for your Sims. And speaking of pets you need to add in a vet for ill pets. You should also be able to take in strays. Next topic is, sports. Some sim lovers like to keep their children/tween/teens happy but also HEALTHY. In order for children to not get fat they do sports. You could consist sports along the lines of gymnastics, softball, baseball, basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, football, dance, cheer, and many others. Also, please add a grocery store and a mall. We would like to make this game as real as life. Which brings me to my next topic, restaurants. We might want a place to go to celebrate a promotion or a big win in the soccer or game or even to go just because. My next topic of business is about tree houses. Tree houses, Blanket forts, or tire swing make an amazing way to have fun. It is also a great way to spend quality family time. It would be a great pleasure to look inside the child's tree house and customize as their own. They could be fancy or just plain. The children could even invite parents/older siblings/grandparents/aunts/friends/cousins/ carry younger siblings up the ladder/ or just play by themselves. In the child's tree house they could have play kitchens with little fake stoves. They could even have these in their play room or bedroom in the house. Now speaking of children's tire swing, regular playground equipment. There would be swings, slides, sea saws, jungle gyms, and many modernized playground things. These would give us more of a park theme. Finally, my last idea for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. We have all heard and probably bought Sims 4 get to work, however what if there was a sims 4 get to school? We would start out the school day with CLOTHING. If you attended a private school you would wear a uniform. But, you wouldn't be required to wear one at public school. You would have your backpack/ shoulder bag on. You could customize your backpack/shoulder bag in Create a Sim. You would also find your school uniform there. Next we enter our second major event for the day, TRANSPORTATION. Your parent(s) would drive you, you could ride a bike, walk to school, you could catch a ride with a friend/ neighbor, or you could take the bus. However, this bus would be different. On this school bus, you would be able to go on the bus, not just your sim. When you first enter the bus you make a decision. You chose where to sit. You could sit with the mean kids, the popular kids, with a friend(s), or simply by yourself. You than would decide whether to read a book, talk, listen to the radio, or (if needed) finish homework. After that you would wait for the driver to finish up the last stops. After that, the next major event would be, LOCKERS/ CUBICLES. For age groups tween and teen you would receive your middle school/ high school locker. However, for toddlers and children you would receive a Pre-school/ elementary school cubicle. Each cubicle comes in the shape of a large rectangle with a shelf at the top and a hook for their coats. Each cubicle comes in the classroom while each locker comes on the outside in the halls. After putting their things away then comes time for their CLASSES. Each toddler would get one class and stay there all day. Each child would get two classes (Science and Math with one teacher, Language Arts and Social Studies with the other) and switch after lunch. Each tween/ teen would get 4 classes (History, algebra, Science, English) and one 30 min. study hall and one 30 min. lunch and PE for an hour two electives swapping for the one hour spot every day. The next major thing would be LUNCH. In this 30 min. time period students could get a tray or eat a lunch packed from home the night before. You can customize your lunchbox the same way you would with your backpack. After that the next major thing is ELECTIVES. With electives you would have two swapping for the hour time frame every day. You have one free choice elective ( Art, Music, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Band, Or creative Music with guitar) and one service elective ( Working in Cafeteria, Working in Library, Working in Janitorial Services, Working in the nurses office, and many others.) After this you would continue your day until you get to another major topic, Physical Education. During Physical Education you can choose to run laps, play doge ball, play lists of sports, hide out behind the bleachers, or fake an injury. After that throughout your day you will come across you study hall during this you can study in the library or in other locations. After that you day will continue until you reach the end of the day. At the end of school you can chose to stay behind and join a school club, tutor, be tutored, watch a spots team practice, or you can go home. School clubs consist of Chess Club, Art Club, Garden Club, Drama Club, Safety Patrol crosswalk personal, Or joining the news team for the announcements for the next day. I hope you all enjoy my ideas for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. Please try and corporate these ideas into the Sims 4 next expansion/ stuff packs. Thank you all for reading this.