Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Service Issues

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    The issue seems to be connected to Firefox, Chrome is ok too.
    Firefox is my primary / sole browser. I updated to Windows 10 several months back but did not install related browsers.

Edit: Just posted and could not format. It does let me use formatting when I edit.

I'm using Firefox 44.0.2 with Windows 7 and the formatting buttons have been working for me.

Im also using Firefox 44.0.2 but with Windows 10. The formatting buttons have been working until about 2 March. I also got some maintenance screens that day.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Firefox is my primary / sole browser. I updated to Windows 10 several months back but did not install related browsers.

Edit: Just posted and could not format. It does let me use formatting when I edit.

I'm using Firefox 44.0.2 with Windows 7 and the formatting buttons have been working for me.

Im also using Firefox 44.0.2 but with Windows 10. The formatting buttons have been working until about 2 March. I also got some maintenance screens that day.

Interesting. It might have more to do with Win 10 than Firefox then?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Win10 here, buttons/options work "better" with Edge than Chrome. I don't have Firefox to test.

Using Edge I can see italics, but, my front page notifications are still lagging, showing less likes/awesomes/insightfuls than are actually there if you click down to those pages. Chrome loses italics. >.<

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

Win10 here, buttons/options work "better" with Edge than Chrome. I don't have Firefox to test.

Using Edge I can see italics, but, my front page notifications are still lagging, showing less likes/awesomes/insightfuls than are actually there if you click down to those pages. Chrome loses italics. >.<

Yes, I've also had the reaction button totals lag behind the actual count for ages. Recently, I've started to find that I need to press the reactions 2 or 3 times to get them to take and sometimes I go back to a page and find that they have disappeared. That's probably a separate issue though.

• Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    Hi guys, is anyone else having problems with the notifications symbol? When I go onto my profile it says I have 2, however I have already opened them before...This happens every time I go to the profile of my own.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,621 Member
    Hello
    Try clicking on both the notification label on the left hand side of your wall as well as the globe symbol at the top of the screen and see if that will clear the notifications. Also check to see if there are pm messages for you to read. You can press the inbox label to check that
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hi guys, is anyone else having problems with the notifications symbol? When I go onto my profile it says I have 2, however I have already opened them before...This happens every time I go to the profile of my own.

I tend to use the notifications page itself because the symbols for notifications AND inbox on my profile page haven't worked properly in a long time. Sometimes they'll refresh but then that "new" number is stuck for a while. More often than not there isn't a number for either icon. Not a proper solution, I know, but I'm just letting you know you aren't the only one @RobertJamees

Hmm... I just noticed that I only discovered your post because I happened to glance at my bookmarks which showed recent activity. This thread which IS bookmarked wasn't listed on my notifications page. So, none of my things are 100% functional :disappointed:
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »

I tend to use the notifications page itself because the symbols for notifications AND inbox on my profile page haven't worked properly in a long time. Sometimes they'll refresh but then that "new" number is stuck for a while. More often than not there isn't a number for either icon. Not a proper solution, I know, but I'm just letting you know you aren't the only one @RobertJamees

Hmm... I just noticed that I only discovered your post because I happened to glance at my bookmarks which showed recent activity. This thread which IS bookmarked wasn't listed on my notifications page. So, none of my things are 100% functional :disappointed:

Hello @ADWilson :) The post that RobertJameees posted and my post were not originally in this thread. They were in a separate thread. These posts have been merged into this thread, so that is why you wouldn't have received notification about the posts.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @ADWilson :) The post that RobertJameees posted and my post were not originally in this thread. They were in a separate thread. These posts have been merged into this thread, so that is why you wouldn't have received notification about the posts.

Thanks, Rose. That makes sense and is good to know. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    meridianheartsmeridianhearts Posts: 22 Member
    hello. i was wondering if someone could help me. recently, when i go to the sims gallery, household sims' photos look strange. it's a little difficult to describe. while i can see the created sims and their information; their photo is obscured. the sims are surrounded by a blurry fuzz that matches the sims' hair, skin and clothing colors. is this a glitch that will be fixed in the coming update.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hello. i was wondering if someone could help me. recently, when i go to the sims gallery, household sims' photos look strange. it's a little difficult to describe. while i can see the created sims and their information; their photo is obscured. the sims are surrounded by a blurry fuzz that matches the sims' hair, skin and clothing colors. is this a glitch that will be fixed in the coming update.

Hello @meridianhearts . Are you having issues with the graphics in other sections of your game?

Try checking to make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Go to the Gallery and see if the issue is still there.
    Then exit the game, and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders. Then go back into the game and see if the issue remains,
  • Options
    thanks @rosemow but it seems that none of these steps have resolved my game issue. i'm not having any problems during gameplay or gallery download. it's just the gallery's preview photo for households and rooms are surrounded by a weird blurry edge. maybe it's due to the fact that i'm playing the game on an intel i3 laptop that this is happening. this issue never happened in the past but i'm guessing this is a sign that i need to update to a better laptop. but thank you for your help.
  • Options
    i'll just download creations through the forum gallery. it seems to work fine
  • Options
    thanks @rosemow but it seems that none of these steps have resolved my game issue. i'm not having any problems during gameplay or gallery download. it's just the gallery's preview photo for households and rooms are surrounded by a weird blurry edge. maybe it's due to the fact that i'm playing the game on an intel i3 laptop that this is happening. this issue never happened in the past but i'm guessing this is a sign that i need to update to a better laptop. but thank you for your help.

Hello @meridianhearts. Does the pictures of the households and lots on the website version of the gallery have the blurry edges too? When you tested the gallery before putting the folders back into the new sims 4 folder, was the issue still there?
  • Options
    @rosemow: no. but i thought the issue was linked because the items i downloaded through the site's gallery showed up in my game gallery blurry edged. i'm going to report the issue in the gameplay forum. because apparently the issue doesn't lie with the website. it's my game.
  • Options
    @rosemow: no. but i thought the issue was linked because the items i downloaded through the site's gallery showed up in my game gallery blurry edged. i'm going to report the issue in the gameplay forum. because apparently the issue doesn't lie with the website. it's my game.

Hello,
    When you are in-game, is the blurriness and other issues the same with both the library and the community sections of the gallery, or just with your my libary part of the gallery?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that also may help your issues.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    A spam block? Really? My topic was about the sims!
    4tt0ur.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    djaykdjayk Posts: 44 Member
    Hope someone can help me. I'm unable to create a new discussion to get some help on a few things. Any reason I can't?
  • Options
    djayk wrote: »
    Hope someone can help me. I'm unable to create a new discussion to get some help on a few things. Any reason I can't?

Hello @djayk. I will repost here what I wrote in the other thresd in case it helps other simmers too who have queries.
    With the latest spambots attack issue, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.
    If you have a game issue, you can post it on another thread that another simmer has already started, and there will be simmers that will help you with your issue.
  • Options
    djaykdjayk Posts: 44 Member
    @rosemow I've replied on the other thread. Rather than having two conversations going
  • Options
    Is anyone else having this issue?

When I try to use PREVIEW button no preview happens, but the POST COMMENT button will act like I had pressed it and then my message gets "posted". Only it doesn't. The entire post actually disappears. I had to post a birthday message three times this morning and this is take 2 on reporting this here. I only noticed the disappearances because I came back to the threads and noticed mine were missing.

So... the preview button no longer works and fakes posting the comment.
    If I actually press post comment, it seems to be okay.
  • Options

When I try to use PREVIEW button no preview happens, but the POST COMMENT button will act like I had pressed it and then my message gets "posted". Only it doesn't. The entire post actually disappears. I had to post a birthday message three times this morning and this is take 2 on reporting this here. I only noticed the disappearances because I came back to the threads and noticed mine were missing.

Hello @ADWilson . I am sorry that you are having this issue. The preview button is working okay for me. Perhaps try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that may help the issue.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @ADWilson . I am sorry that you are having this issue. The preview button is working okay for me. Perhaps try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that may help the issue.

Thanks for your offer of help, Rose :smiley:

Tried that and found that there was no change. Issue is still an issue for me.
  • Options
    Issue seems to have been resolved.