Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    I am almost finished with my overhaul of my Meet the Characters page. My poor blog followers are getting spammed with posts as I create the character pages. I swear, I'm getting a chapter up tonight. By hook or by crook.

@JoieWilder Great job on all of your hard work today! That sounds awesome!! :)
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I am almost finished with my overhaul of my Meet the Characters page. My poor blog followers are getting spammed with posts as I create the character pages. I swear, I'm getting a chapter up tonight. By hook or by crook.

Writing SimLit makes me want to sing this :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwxIypQisY
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i joined the ts3 gift exchange again. i will try to get my blog updated tonight but obviously the priorty is the gift.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Well the Barn Sale was awesome! I actually found some apple butter that I like (first time ever) and some great new wax scents. Now onward to the flea market. I hope that after I get home I'll be able to settle down and write.

I want to try and make my own candles this autumn! Maybe with a pumpkin spice scent or even a wood scent.

That would be awesome! When I was younger, my mom would make her own candles. She'd even put shells in them for decoration.

The Meet the Characters page is finally done! Whew! I still have to update/flesh out character bio's, but that's going to wait at least until I am back in my nice air conditioned apartment.
  • Options
    I just realised I haven't read SimLit in a while! I'm definitely going to catch up on some blogs tomorrow!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi guys. I had a headache when I got home from work, so I took a nap.

And just woke up :/ I am going to be miserable.

I had so much building planned that I did it in my sleep. Now to find the energy to start.
  • Options

I had so much building planned that I did it in my sleep. Now to find the energy to start.

Coffee.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited September 2015
    I've gotten to the point in my ts3 not-legacy where it's becoming laggy and unplayable again. :/ Since I'm already so attached to certain ts3 Sims, I've been transferring them over to Sims 4 so I can continue playing them if ts3 doesn't start working again.

not-founder of the not-legacy:
    Allison Chase (name randomly generated, meh...I don't hate it)
    allisonchase.png

Don Lothario (first boyfriend)
    don-lothario.png

Sherman Bagley (fiance)
    sherman-bagley.png

Rhoda Bagley (Sherman's sister)
    rhoda-bagley.png

Ma Bagley (Sherman's mom)
    ma-bagley.png

Odin Crosby (wannabe love interest; rejected all of Allison's flirts)
    odincrosby.png

Heather Crosby (Odin's wife, friend of Allison)
    heather-crosby.png

Maximus McDermott (wannabe love interest; friend of Allison) ((Aged up to YA)
    max-mcdermott.png

Travis McDermott (Maximus' brother) ((Aged up to T)
    travis-mcdermott.png

What do you guys think? Anything I could do to make them look closer to their originals? I think I'll go edit Sherman a little bit more, considering he is (probably) gonna be Allison's fiance.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm new to this thread but I'm writing this DIsney-Charming legacy http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/847874/charming-disney-legacy-gen-4-updated-9-26-2015#latest please comment
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ Oh cool, I've forgotten about the majority of these sims, I was quite fond of Bagleys back in the day, I think you've done really well on Sherman's nose, mouth and chin actually, bummer there's no similar hairstyle in TS4, but hey, you can always say he got a haircut.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @JordanNicoleJJ Oh cool, I've forgotten about the majority of these sims, I was quite fond of Bagleys back in the day, I think you've done really well on Sherman's nose, mouth and chin actually, bummer there's no similar hairstyle in TS4, but hey, you can always say he got a haircut.

It was his cheeks (not full enough) and lips (also not full enough) that were throwing me off; I think he looks a lot better now:
    sherman.png

Allison didn't spend much time socializing, but I know she was also friends with Hunter Cottoneye and some of the Broke Family, so they're next on my list to remake. I might also throw in the Shallows, because she adopted a kitten from them. Gahh I'm already missing pets. xD

Something else kind of funny/cute that I noticed, Don had a dog named Bella in my game. (The irony goes back to the rumors that TS2 Don had a thing for Bella, Cassandra-his-finance's mom) Is this universal for the Pets EP? Or is it just a random thing?
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

It was his cheeks (not full enough) and lips (also not full enough) that were throwing me off; I think he looks a lot better now:
    sherman.png

Allison didn't spend much time socializing, but I know she was also friends with Hunter Cottoneye and some of the Broke Family, so they're next on my list to remake. I might also throw in the Shallows, because she adopted a kitten from them. Gahh I'm already missing pets. xD

Something else kind of funny/cute that I noticed, Don had a dog named Bella in my game. (The irony goes back to the rumors that TS2 Don had a thing for Bella, Cassandra-his-finance's mom) Is this universal for the Pets EP? Or is it just a random thing?

I'm pretty sure it's random--but how awesome! And I can't tell you how excited I feel about this TS2/TS3 renaissance! :) (And I can't believe I spelled renaissance right on my first try! Yay, red-squiggly line for teaching me to spell! :) )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I've gotten to the point in my ts3 not-legacy where it's becoming laggy and unplayable again. :/ Since I'm already so attached to certain ts3 Sims, I've been transferring them over to Sims 4 so I can continue playing them if ts3 doesn't start working again.

What do you guys think? Anything I could do to make them look closer to their originals? I think I'll go edit Sherman a little bit more, considering he is (probably) gonna be Allison's fiance.

Sorry to hear it's gotten laggy--but Man! This is so Awesome! And did you see that @ShannonSimsFan tried doing something similar with her TS2 neighborhood rotation, converting it to TS4? I need to check in with her to see where she's at with it... last I heard she wasn't happy with the play parameters she'd established for the TS4 rotation and so she went back to TS2. It's at http://www.simdalevalleypost.com/ , if anybody wants to see.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member

ma-bagley.png

@JordanNicoleJJ Wow, Ma Bagley is my favorite one! That Sim looks awesome, really unique! I actually really like/understand your need to make TS4 versions of your TS3 Sims. I have a much beloved Sims 2 game that closed down forever when I uninstalled TS2 and I've been thinking about rebuilding that neighborhood (and the gazillion Sims in it) in TS4, but it'd be a HUGE project (many generational ties, etc), and I think I might want to wait until/IF we get toddlers. I hope you get some real enjoyment out of your TS4 versions of your TS3 Sims!!!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

Coffee.

I had some pumpkin spice tea and some dinner. :)
  • Options

Coffee.

I had some pumpkin spice tea and some dinner. :)

Yummy! I just posted my short story which is all about spices, so now all I can think of is spice! Pumpkin spice tea sounds amazing! We're having roast butternut squash and sweet potatoes with our supper! Yum!

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

@SummerFalls This was one of my favorite movies when I was in college! My dorm room overlooked a courtyard and I would run to the window and pretend to sing to the animals so they would clean up my mess. :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Meggles wrote: »

@SummerFalls This was one of my favorite movies when I was in college! My dorm room overlooked a courtyard and I would run to the window and pretend to sing to the animals so they would clean up my mess. :lol:

This is adorable! What movie is it from?

EDIT: It's also sort of gross! I wrote adorable before the roaches made their appearance! LOL!

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

EDIT: It's also sort of gross! I wrote adorable before the roaches made their appearance! LOL!

It's Enchanted! It's about a Disney princess that gets transported to the real world and she sings a lot. It's so cute; I used to have it memorized! I did all the motions and everything, haha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »

It's Enchanted! It's about a Disney princess that gets transported to the real world and she sings a lot. It's so cute; I used to have it memorized! I did all the motions and everything, haha!

I approve of this! :lol: I adore Enchanted! :love: Now I want to re-watch it. Thanks :tongue:

(In other news... After playing "spies" with walkie-talkies, watching some bizarre Cartoon Network shows, and reading two chapters of Harry Potter, my niece is finally asleep :lol: Time to do some writing!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

ma-bagley.png

@JordanNicoleJJ Wow, Ma Bagley is my favorite one! That Sim looks awesome, really unique! I actually really like/understand your need to make TS4 versions of your TS3 Sims. I have a much beloved Sims 2 game that closed down forever when I uninstalled TS2 and I've been thinking about rebuilding that neighborhood (and the gazillion Sims in it) in TS4, but it'd be a HUGE project (many generational ties, etc), and I think I might want to wait until/IF we get toddlers. I hope you get some real enjoyment out of your TS4 versions of your TS3 Sims!!!

@RachelRosebud I'm kinda mad that I missed the TS2 craze. I didn't get into Sims until 3, and I feel like TS2 was really the "peak" of Sims. It seems like EA/Maxis really put a lot into it, setting up little 'plots' that would take place via story progression and giving their pre-mades really detailed personalities and backgrounds. The other day I was reading up on the Bella Goth disappearance plot, then stumbled across the Don Lothario plot (apparently the Caliente sisters will ask to come over, then he'll want to hire a maid, and they're all his romantic interests so it causes jealously/drama). I just think it gives players a lot more to go off of. TS3 did pretty well with the little bio sections, but I think TS4 just completely fell flat in that area. That's one of the reasons why I love your rotation so much -- it really fleshes out the pre-mades, building on some of the series-long plots for the Landgraabs, Goths, etc., while also putting your own spin on them. You do it so well!
  • Options
    I didn't get into Sims until 3, and I feel like TS2 was really the "peak" of Sims.

I don't mean to jump in on your conversation, but I cannot agree enough with what you said here! Reading your post made me miss TS2 haha and what you said is so true! In terms of the background/story progression stuff (as you mentioned), plus the general gameplay and all the EPs they came out with, it was really the best!

Unfortunately, I'm the type of "shallow" person who just CANNOT DEAL with outdated graphics :lol: It physically pains me. Otherwise, I'd totally go back and try to play it again. It was so good!

You made me nostalgic :lol: But thank you for that! I miss the old Sims days sometimes (even TS1... OMG I have vivid memories of 11-year-old me sitting there for hours thinking it was the coolest game ever :joy:)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    (Sorry for double-posting)

That awkward moment when you notice a glaring flaw in your writing style... :lol: And the strange thing is that it's something that I just started over-doing recently in my writing, but not nearly as much back when I first started. And I have zero idea why :tongue: Ugh. I hate stuff like this :lol: (I don't want to say what it is, because now my readers will all notice and I'll be self-conscious :tongue:) But I totally just had a "moment" over here hahaha I'm half-cringing, half-laughing at myself, and now forcing myself to not do the same thing in this chapter that I'm currently writing haha

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Earlier, I was doing some playing for an eventual story, which has the Grim Reaper as one of the most important characters outside of the main family. I was wondering what you guys thought of Grim- are there any personality traits that you would use, what pronouns do you use in reference, etc.?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Earlier, I was doing some playing for an eventual story, which has the Grim Reaper as one of the most important characters outside of the main family. I was wondering what you guys thought of Grim- are there any personality traits that you would use, what pronouns do you use in reference, etc.?

@Pegasus143 Ooh, Grimmy shows up in both of my stories (though in a minor role), so I could maybe help :lol: Part of it all depends on the tone of your story, I guess! (He has a somewhat "light"/comedic personality in both stories, but more one than the other!)

In my comedic story, I made him a gruff/grumpy (but not mean) guy who's a ladies man looking for love (but kills every woman he touches, so he can't keep a steady girlfriend :lol:). I just use normal pronouns when referring to him ("he"), and I call him by his name in my story (Mr. Grimm). My POV character (it's not first person, but it's third-person through her "eyes") doesn't know he's Death, so she refers to him as a "man" in the narration, because she thinks he's human.

In my more serious story, he is a schemer who loves messing with people and hates having mortals try to mess around with life and death. He has a pretty "playful"/light-hearted tone when he talks, but sometimes almost with a sinister edge behind the humor. I use male pronouns with him in this story too ("he"), but in my narration, I refer to him as things like "the figure" or "the being", etc. I never call him a "man", because he isn't one.

I have absolutely no idea if I helped in any way, but hopefully I did a little! I'm intrigued by seeing a story with Grim as a main character! :)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top