Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    TwitchCon Day 2 for me. Waiting for a conference to start...

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Watching TV to fuel myself up for writing! I'm going to go on a writing storm today, and I bought the perfect clothes to go along with it. xD

@SummerFalls The perfect outfit?! Cool! I'm always in pajamas!

I almost never write in pajamas! I like to wear clothes when I write so I don't procrastinate as much xD Wearing pjs makes me feel tired and sleepy and not as efficient.

LOL! I'm the same! I also won't play Sims in the daytime. Why is that?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Watching TV to fuel myself up for writing! I'm going to go on a writing storm today, and I bought the perfect clothes to go along with it. xD

I almost never write in pajamas! I like to wear clothes when I write so I don't procrastinate as much xD Wearing pjs makes me feel tired and sleepy and not as efficient.

My preferred time to play is in the evening, though I'm usually wearing clothes while playing and writing because that's just what I happen to have on.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Watching rugby and thinking to myself... I am so not going to get any sleep these next two months. :D

2 months is a ruby season right?

A season is around 20 weeks here, but then there is International games on top of that so it feels like there is rugby on all the time. But it's the World Cup at the moment. The whole tournament is going to last about 2 months, normally I don't care too much about it.

you can forget sleep but don't forget to eat or you will miss it.

Oh yeah! Food... Thanks for the reminder!
    funny-gifs-the-best-reason-to-have-a-dog.gif
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Well the Barn Sale was awesome! I actually found some apple butter that I like (first time ever) and some great new wax scents. Now onward to the flea market. I hope that after I get home I'll be able to settle down and write.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Yay, I got home from visiting my baby niece, and my 9-year-old niece is now sleeping over tonight :smiley: I'm in full Auntie-mode right now :lol:

Of course, the minor downside is that there will be no writing for me until she goes to bed tonight... :tongue: But definitely worth it ;) Off to go play a bunch of silly games and read her more Harry Potter! :smile:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Woo sounds like @JoieWilder and @CitizenErased14 have had an exciting day! I just got back from a hike with the fiance, we went exploring so I've had my outdoorsy fix now.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited September 2015

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

I had to look twice. I thought it was something about the picture and a caption "Twitch the Cat".

That would be among my "top five" choices for a cat name, were I to actually adopt such a creature.
  • Options
    Yay, I got home from visiting my baby niece, and my 9-year-old niece is now sleeping over tonight :smiley: I'm in full Auntie-mode right now :lol:

Of course, the minor downside is that there will be no writing for me until she goes to bed tonight... :tongue: But definitely worth it ;) Off to go play a bunch of silly games and read her more Harry Potter! :smile:

That sounds like my nightmare. Lol :D I have the deepest respect for people who have the patience to put up with children, because I am definitely not among those people.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2015
    JoieWilder wrote: »

That sounds like my nightmare. Lol :D I have the deepest respect for people who have the patience to put up with children, because I am definitely not among those people.

Haha I adore kids. I'm actually a teacher, too. And I really love spending time with my niece, so it's an absolute dream to me!

I think if it's your family, you'd feel differently. Maybe not the teaching part (you need to LOVE kids to be able to make that your career :lol:), but the spending time with a niece or nephew part haha I live for the time I get to spend with her! (And I'm so happy to have a second niece to love and play with now too! :love:)

To each their own, of course! Sorry, got a little defensive there :lol: I would never call one moment spent with my niece a "nightmare"!

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

@SummerFalls I agree with your idea on this. Since I'm home all day, I'm in pajamas but I just don't feel as productive. This type of "working from home" with writing/streaming/YouTubing I don't see people so I think, why should I get dressed, but I'm finding that I don't have that separation from "work" and personal time. It blends together. So I have started getting dressed when I create so it puts my brain in work mode. Then, when my day is done, I take a shower and pajama time! :)
  • Options

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Watching rugby and thinking to myself... I am so not going to get any sleep these next two months. :D

It never seen a rugby game. Match? No clue how to say it @Munterbacon
  • Options

Haha I adore kids. I'm actually a teacher, too. And I really love spending time with my niece, so it's an absolute dream to me!

I think if it's your family, you'd feel differently. Maybe not the teaching part (you need to LOVE kids to be able to make that your career :lol:), but the spending time with a niece or nephew part haha I live for the time I get to spend with her! (And I'm so happy to have a second niece to love and play with now too! :love:)

To each their own, of course! Sorry, got a little defensive there :lol: I would never call one moment spent with my niece a "nightmare"!

I don't really enjoy spending time with my younger cousins. It's probably a lot to do with the fact that I'm an only child and all my immediate cousins are much older. I wasn't raised around a lot of younger kids, so I tend to think they're annoying. :/ I really do have great respect for you and everyone else who enjoy being around children. Just because it isn't something I enjoy doesn't mean I don't sometimes see the appeal.
  • Options

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

@SummerFalls I agree with your idea on this. Since I'm home all day, I'm in pajamas but I just don't feel as productive. This type of "working from home" with writing/streaming/YouTubing I don't see people so I think, why should I get dressed, but I'm finding that I don't have that separation from "work" and personal time. It blends together. So I have started getting dressed when I create so it puts my brain in work mode. Then, when my day is done, I take a shower and pajama time! :)

That is such a good idea you guys, I only just went to orientation for my new job so no hours yet sadly but I should start doing this.
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

That is such a good idea you guys, I only just went to orientation for my new job so no hours yet sadly but I should start doing this.

@OJenn I set an alarm to wake up consistently and give an hour to myself in the morning as my, "me time." Then I get ready for my creative work day. It's important to take breaks during the day and a lunch to refresh your brain. I have a dedicated work space as well. Then at the end of my day, I take a shower as an actual physical signal to my brain that my work day is done. Then I make dinner and cuddle up with tea, watch TV, or do something nice for myself. :)
  • Options
    @RoryGilmore34 - My schedule is pretty much based on my fiance's work schedule which is pretty consistent. We wake up/go to bed at the same times. Our meals are scheduled due to our joint weight loss goals so I have meal alarms throughout the day. The only time I really get out of the house is when we go walking in the afternoon.

I am really hopeful that next week I can get some hours at my new job so I can get out of the house. I am going stiry crazy lol.
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    @RoryGilmore34 - My schedule is pretty much based on my fiance's work schedule which is pretty consistent. We wake up/go to bed at the same times. Our meals are scheduled due to our joint weight loss goals so I have meal alarms throughout the day. The only time I really get out of the house is when we go walking in the afternoon.

I am really hopeful that next week I can get some hours at my new job so I can get out of the house. I am going stiry crazy lol.

@OJenn I hear you on the schedule! My better half wakes up at 3am for work. That's when our day starts. With my disability I don't go outside very much. Maybe once a week. But with this new doctor, I'm hoping to get stronger and get outside more. I can relate on the cabin fever thing as well.

Congratulations on the new job!! That's great! :)
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Night Owl? xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

My preferred time to play is in the evening, though I'm usually wearing clothes while playing and writing because that's just what I happen to have on.

I just do everything at night, I think I'm a night owl like @CathyTea!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Night Owl? xD

I will build in the day, though! I'm heading in to build now!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Night Owl? xD

I will build in the day, though! I'm heading in to build now!

Ooh! Interesting...
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Also, congratulations on your new job @OJenn!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Thanks @SummerFalls!

I wish I could be a night owl like you and @CathyTea
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I am most definitely a night owl. Always has been--even as a child. I dislike going to bed early, but I HATE getting up early. So, to make things easier for myself in the a.m....yeah :(

For those of you who helped me a few weeks ago decide on who should win that cooking challenge, thanks a lot! I got back around to writing that chapter today, and I just published it. If you don't care to read, but want to know who I picked, I went with Braylon! Here's the chapter for those who'd like to read it.

Brady and team get up close and personal with the contestants as they talk about their eating habits and triggers. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/crazy-bradys-boot-camp-s1-ep7/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    I am almost finished with my overhaul of my Meet the Characters page. My poor blog followers are getting spammed with posts as I create the character pages. I swear, I'm getting a chapter up tonight. By hook or by crook.
  • Options
    Well the Barn Sale was awesome! I actually found some apple butter that I like (first time ever) and some great new wax scents. Now onward to the flea market. I hope that after I get home I'll be able to settle down and write.

I want to try and make my own candles this autumn! Maybe with a pumpkin spice scent or even a wood scent.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top