Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Earlier, I was doing some playing for an eventual story, which has the Grim Reaper as one of the most important characters outside of the main family. I was wondering what you guys thought of Grim- are there any personality traits that you would use, what pronouns do you use in reference, etc.?

@Pegasus143 Ooh, Grimmy shows up in both of my stories (though in a minor role), so I could maybe help :lol: Part of it all depends on the tone of your story, I guess! (He has a somewhat "light"/comedic personality in both stories, but more one than the other!)

In my comedic story, I made him a gruff/grumpy (but not mean) guy who's a ladies man looking for love (but kills every woman he touches, so he can't keep a steady girlfriend :lol:). I just use normal pronouns when referring to him ("he"), and I call him by his name in my story (Mr. Grimm). My POV character (it's not first person, but it's third-person through her "eyes") doesn't know he's Death, so she refers to him as a "man" in the narration, because she thinks he's human.

In my more serious story, he is a schemer who loves messing with people and hates having mortals try to mess around with life and death. He has a pretty "playful"/light-hearted tone when he talks, but sometimes almost with a sinister edge behind the humor. I use male pronouns with him in this story too ("he"), but in my narration, I refer to him as things like "the figure" or "the being", etc. I never call him a "man", because he isn't one.

I have absolutely no idea if I helped in any way, but hopefully I did a little! I'm intrigued by seeing a story with Grim as a main character! :)

Grim isn't necessarily a main character, but more like a family friend who happens to be part of a plot twist in gen 2. I even have a screenshot of Grim helping one of the boys with homework. The characters do know that Grim is actually death, but it's more of a "hey, this is a humanoid figure who happens to take people's souls away" kind of thing.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I didn't get into Sims until 3, and I feel like TS2 was really the "peak" of Sims.

I don't mean to jump in on your conversation, but I cannot agree enough with what you said here! Reading your post made me miss TS2 haha and what you said is so true! In terms of the background/story progression stuff (as you mentioned), plus the general gameplay and all the EPs they came out with, it was really the best!

Unfortunately, I'm the type of "shallow" person who just CANNOT DEAL with outdated graphics :lol: It physically pains me. Otherwise, I'd totally go back and try to play it again. It was so good!

You made me nostalgic :lol: But thank you for that! I miss the old Sims days sometimes (even TS1... OMG I have vivid memories of 11-year-old me sitting there for hours thinking it was the coolest game ever :joy:)

EXACTLY. I love TS3 because of all of the EP content/game-play, but even those graphics make me cringe; there's no way I could make it through TS2. Way too shallow. Not to mention, the content itself starts to look outdated, especially hairstyles and clothing. I can only handle tube tops and incredibly baggy jeans for so long. xD
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    My fellow CC addicts @OJenn and others, I'll promise you my dearest affections forever if you can direct me to some small wall decor, Small like around photograph size, but they don't have to necessarily be styled as photographs. My wall clutter is seriously lacking in this regard.
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Evening!
    OK, opinions may differ, but I must have the best fiance in the world!

OK, how much don't I hate this forum mechanics..... Although I do still believe I have the best fiance in the world I actually did write an explanation to why it was. But that apparently got swallowed whole.... SIGH! So here it goes again:

I have for the longest time wanted to add some more Swedish names to my townies and NPC in my legacy. So this weekend I started to try and mod it. I got halfway when it started to bug. But he helped me fix it AND added the big bulk of names! <3

On another note (Which I also got eaten in my last post): Collaboation Plays, like the Summer Camp etc - I want to start something similar on the swedish forum I am hanging in. What kind of layout or type is the easiest to work with? What specificly draws people in? Anything special I need to think about when doing something like this?

And then, lastly: I just want to say that you guys are my writing heroes! You are so focused. So proffessional. I writie whenever I have the time, but get so easily distracted that I rarely get anything around here... But I am going to get myself inspired by you and dress myself in some new habits!

AMB.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Earlier, I was doing some playing for an eventual story, which has the Grim Reaper as one of the most important characters outside of the main family. I was wondering what you guys thought of Grim- are there any personality traits that you would use, what pronouns do you use in reference, etc.?

I love Grim! Have your @plastiekzakske 's Tragic Clown? In that Grim is often flirty! He's been really flirty in my legacy, too.

You know, there are thousands of Grims! Each one has a different body type and a different personality. I've had some who are creative and love to play with clay bob; some are gamers and always make sure to save time for using the gaming rig after they do their job; some love to exercise; some are brave and put out fires, while others are less courageous and cringe from the flames. Some are social and love to call up the family members to chat!

I guess you have free rein in who Grim is in your story!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member

Because of "Queen Heather's" deal with the ex-spouse of the kidnapper in my legacy. He and the Grimm reaper will be buddies since his job title is "Grimm for Evil's Sake" a priest of sorts to deal with traitors to the (imaganary) crrown..or should I say hood?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Evening!
    OK, opinions may differ, but I must have the best fiance in the world!

OK, how much don't I hate this forum mechanics..... Although I do still believe I have the best fiance in the world I actually did write an explanation to why it was. But that apparently got swallowed whole.... SIGH! So here it goes again:

I have for the longest time wanted to add some more Swedish names to my townies and NPC in my legacy. So this weekend I started to try and mod it. I got halfway when it started to bug. But he helped me fix it AND added the big bulk of names! <3

On another note (Which I also got eaten in my last post): Collaboation Plays, like the Summer Camp etc - I want to start something similar on the swedish forum I am hanging in. What kind of layout or type is the easiest to work with? What specificly draws people in? Anything special I need to think about when doing something like this?

And then, lastly: I just want to say that you guys are my writing heroes! You are so focused. So proffessional. I writie whenever I have the time, but get so easily distracted that I rarely get anything around here... But I am going to get myself inspired by you and dress myself in some new habits!

I'm so glad you retyped this so we can read how awesome your fiance is! That's so neat that you now have more Swedish names!

I'm not sure I understand your question about the Collaboration projects--are you asking about how to set up the Forum thread or how to do the collaborative games/stories?

Here's the way I do the collaborations: I usually ask a few friends first if they want to take part, just to see if there's enough interest to make a go of it. Then, I create a thread and open it up, inviting everybody to take part. I always like to let whoever wants to participate join in, rather than set limits. This works for me, but some people like to set limits on how many participate so that they don't get overwhelmed or have the project last too long (Summer Camp, by the way, is still going on, with two more sessions scheduled!).

Once we get started, I play the games on my computer, using the participants' Sims. When it comes time to write up the chapters, I will often PM the participants and have them write their parts. Sometimes, we'll do conversations, where we each chime in with our Sims' words; sometimes, the participants will write stories or journals or letters from their Sims.

When I work with just one or two other Simmers, then often we will work together on a blog where we all have editing rights, so that we just go in there and write together or write our separate parts.

Let us know when you get your collaborations going--it will be fun to read them, even if they are in Swedish! :)

And if you have other specific questions, I'll be glad to answer if I can, too! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Wooh, somehow in-between all the excitement of fulfilling my Auntie-duties, I managed to finish another D2D chapter today! The never-ending story continues :lol:

And with that, bedtime! Goodnight all (if anyone is here... the thread is pretty quiet tonight :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Wooh, somehow in-between all the excitement of fulfilling my Auntie-duties, I managed to finish another D2D chapter today! The never-ending story continues :lol:

And with that, bedtime! Goodnight all (if anyone is here... the thread is pretty quiet tonight :tongue:)

i'm here just quiet.
  • Options

Night Citizen!
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I had a busy day! Worked this morning to catch up a bit, went to a wedding, and then ran refreshments for my church's production of Mary Poppins. :) So sleepy...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    JoieWilder wrote: »

Night Citizen!

i was going to say good night citzen but i forgot because i just rembered tonight its the name of a watch company. weird things pop in my head the night before work.
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I took my mods folder out of my sims folder just for you! I told you I was going to build something with no CC just so you could use something of mine.
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    I had a busy day! Worked this morning to catch up a bit, went to a wedding, and then ran refreshments for my church's production of Mary Poppins. :) So sleepy...

me too but if i log off i'll be bored and sleepy. i can never watch netflix sleepy because i start and then realize i must have fallen a sleep because it jumped 2 episodes.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Just wanted to swing by and let everyone know I'm going to be gone for a bit. My laptop blue screened yesterday afternoon and it seems that at some point in between me and one of my friends trying to figure out the problem the hard drive (and the external hard drive connected to it) both got corrupted :(

As such I am without a laptop until I get this all sorted out.

I'll still try to stop by but I'll be on my tablet or phone to do so meaning my typing capability will be limited.

So I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend and I hope to be back as soon as possible :)
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

me too but if i log off i'll be bored and sleepy. i can never watch netflix sleepy because i start and then realize i must have fallen a sleep because it jumped 2 episodes.

I'm watching Iron Chef Japan on YouTube, lol. It's sea urchin right now!

@AuroraLockwood Oh no! That bites. :( I hope things are sorted quickly. :(
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Thanks to everyone who answered my question :)
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

Mary Poppins is my all-time favorite
  • Options
    Just wanted to swing by and let everyone know I'm going to be gone for a bit. My laptop blue screened yesterday afternoon and it seems that at some point in between me and one of my friends trying to figure out the problem the hard drive (and the external hard drive connected to it) both got corrupted :(

As such I am without a laptop until I get this all sorted out.

I'll still try to stop by but I'll be on my tablet or phone to do so meaning my typing capability will be limited.

So I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend and I hope to be back as soon as possible :)

Aw, shoot! If I disagree with this, will it not be true?

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    TwitchCon Day 2 for me. Waiting for a conference to start...

Disappointed_Cat.gif

What are you guys up to?

Watching rugby and thinking to myself... I am so not going to get any sleep these next two months. :D

It never seen a rugby game. Match? No clue how to say it @Munterbacon

Either will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZiBcX96V8
    Here's a highlight reel from the All Blacks last game. It wasn't that convincing a victory, quite a few mistakes, but it gives you an idea of what the game is like.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! :)

*sends ninjapig to hug @AuroraLockwood's laptop and hard drive* She's hoping her hugs will make it all better. Also pig hugs for you. We're really sorry to hear what happened. :(
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    My fellow CC addicts @OJenn and others, I'll promise you my dearest affections forever if you can direct me to some small wall decor, Small like around photograph size, but they don't have to necessarily be styled as photographs. My wall clutter is seriously lacking in this regard.

Heres a list for ya:
    - Linacherie
    - Bobbyplums
    - one billion pixels

Those are just some of what I have and used often :smile: Enjoy!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Julyvee94 I took my mods folder out of my sims folder just for you! I told you I was going to build something with no CC just so you could use something of mine.

Yay! Can't wait, your builds are amazing. If you upload something let me know and I will use it in my Rotation ^^ (with credits of course)
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @AuroraLockwood - Aww that stinks, I hope you can get to the bottom of it all and find a solution. Really looking forward to reading more of the new story but I certainly understand RL comes first. Especially when it involves PC issues.
  • Options
    NerdToTheXtremeNerdToTheXtreme Posts: 131 Member
    I've got it! You know what I said yesterday about not being able to write the story about the 100 Baby Challenge in my story? I have an idea about how to write it. Yay! Now I will get to write more on my blog.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top