Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cogitotoro's Gift and Laugh Contest - Winners announced!

Comments

• Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    edited March 2015
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Everyb
    Tahera wrote: »
    I`m sorry, I didn`t want to cause confusion and I`ve edited my entry on page 4.

Oh, no, Tahera, I'm so sad that you took down all those wonderful pictures! If I ask with a pretty pretty please, will you put them back up on a new post or another edit of the old one? I was just going to ask you to tell me which ones to take as your official entries, not to take down the pictures of all but those. I'm sure everyone who hadn't yet seen the rest of your awesome makeover would love to see it.

@Tahera I really liked those pictures as well :smile:

@Tahera Oh no! I didn't mean for you to take down your pictures!

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, I really wish all CC worked like official items, so that if you don't already have it in your game, you would get a default replacement. I especially don't like these hidden CC! I've been working on removing the CC body hair for over 2 hours on my slow and laggy computer. I have deleted the sims and my caches, and it's still there!!! Is there a smiley for pulling out your hair? :astonished:
    Post edited by jerrinicci on
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    jerrinicci wrote: »

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, I really wish all CC worked like official items, so that if you don't already have it in your game, you would get a default replacement. I especially don't like these hidden CC! I've been working on removing the CC body hair for over 2 hours on my slow and laggy computer. I have deleted the sims and my caches, and it's still there!!! Is there a smiley for pulling out your hair? :astonished:

I had the same issue it took me ages. I deleted all the sims in the saved Sims folder (I only had 2 which I had downloaded since receiving CC) then it finally disappeared. Good luck :star:
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @jerrinicci - There is another route to take. If the cc was loaded through the launcher it went into the .dbc file in the dccache folder. Temporarily move out the .ebc files to a safe place and you'll be able to see what's in the .dbc file in the launcher. Delete any questionable Sims you might not want from the launcher. Load your game without putting the .ebc files back in and see if the cc is gone. (If you already moved out or deleted the saved sims folder and the content from the dcbackup folder, then the .ebc file is the only other place to look for launcher installed content.) If the cc is still there, you have to delete more; so you might backup your dccache file before you delete, so you can just delete the problem sim(s) and not all the ones you might want.

The other place cc might be is of course in your mods/packages folder. Look there if you still have the cc after deleting all the sims the other way.

Good luck!

When you find the cc is gone, just move your .ebc files back into your dccache folder. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    :astonished: That sounds like a lot of work. Think I'll work on it more another time. Anywho, I've finished my "worst" for @janineisabaws . The "featured" look is her everyday look. As I think she has that CC attached to her, and as technical difficulties resulted in me not having the finished product, I will just share pictures. Janine, I hope you don't mind. I think I used stuff from expansion packs you don't have anyway. When I get the "best" makeover finished, I'll add it to this post. Hopefully, I'll be able to upload her.

Aaand here are my "best" pics. I plan on maybe figuring out the CC thing tomorrow, but no promises. I went for a nice, yet comfortable look. Nothing overly flashy, as befits a loner. I tried to incorporate purple into a few outfits, as that is Janine's favorite color. Hair is subtly colored, and I tried to pick a hairstyle that made sense given the length of hair she came with. Except for the Outer Wear category, everything should be from the Store or the expansion packs listed on your Page, Janine, so that if and when I get your Simself uploaded, you will be able to download her.
    EDIT: the link is on a later post, but I'll go ahead and put it here. Janine NewStyles

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

WARNING!
    Viewer Discretion advised!

Below are graphic images of a serious fashion disaster. The fashion faux-pas displayed include, but are not limited to: outrageous, bright, and clashing colors and patterns, wackiness, tackiness, and just plain stupid outfits. Poorly chosen foundation, crazy fuzzy socks, Grandma's nightie, caked on sunblock, toxic-looking lipstick, and poorly attempted bleaching may also be present. Furthermore, it has been reported that the Sim in question has been subjected to articles of clothing completely unsuited to their personality and lifestyle (such as uncomfortable and/or impossible to lounge around in). This Simmer will not be held responsible for any headshaking, seizures, scarring, or mental breakdowns due to the viewing of these images. View at your own risk.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    WahnSimWahnSim Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2015
    A little bit later than planned, but here's my try. @ciane Sims makeover, hope you like it.
    Hopefully my understanding of casual is matching yours and this dress is actually casual. I choosed a dressed that's not so tight-fitting since it should be comfortable and danceable. The colors are blueish and violettish. I've choosen some pattern for the top, but I don't know if this is a pattern after all, since you'd only choose one color for it. But the pattern should be soft, so this one is, since you can't see it at all :D Hair and makeup should be simple and natural, so I didn't choose any makeup at all, since all of the makeup didn't look natural to me. The hair is simple and natural as well with a hair circlet.

28tf15j.png
    2hft08g.png
    Here's the link to the nice outfit http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8601358
    This dress is used for the look http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38052&categoryId=13813&scategoryId=11907&pcategoryId=11904&ppcategoryId=11897&gender=female
    Whether Ciane Sim will be wearing this out fit or not, I wish her a nice anniversary.

I didn't know if only the best outfit should be a formal one, so I choosed a formal outfit for worst as well. I used a lot of clashing patterns and colors since those are hated and used very unnatural makeup. Warning: those pics could be bad for your eyes :D

2mmu4jd.png
    292yb2x.png

Since I've done two formal outfits, I uploaded two Cianes, here's the other link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8601357
    Seems like this textures were used for the outfit even though I don't know why the table shows up: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17924&categoryId=13814&scategoryId=11546&pcategoryId=11545&ppcategoryId=11509
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17662&categoryId=13814&scategoryId=11521&pcategoryId=11517&ppcategoryId=11509#

@Cogitotoro I'll do the makeover for your Sim later.
    Post edited by WahnSim on
  • Options
    I completely forgot the recs are not working right now. I think you did a great job on my sim, @WahnSim!

I love all the fun creativity here.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I've read through this whole thread and gotta say I love these sim models. LOL. Poor things, but very funny. Nice work, everyone. :)@Cogitotoro , fun idea. *thumbs up*
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ciane wrote: »
    @jerrinicci - There is another route to take. If the cc was loaded through the launcher it went into the .dbc file in the dccache folder. Temporarily move out the .ebc files to a safe place and you'll be able to see what's in the .dbc file in the launcher. Delete any questionable Sims you might not want from the launcher. Load your game without putting the .ebc files back in and see if the cc is gone. (If you already moved out or deleted the saved sims folder and the content from the dcbackup folder, then the .ebc file is the only other place to look for launcher installed content.) If the cc is still there, you have to delete more; so you might backup your dccache file before you delete, so you can just delete the problem sim(s) and not all the ones you might want.

It wasn't in the .dcb file, or any other file in the dccache folder. I am currently going through my saved sims, adding them back to the folder 1/2 at a time, starting with the oldest just in case I had the CC before without noticing it. I did save a supposedly CC free version of Giada after temporarily making her male and giving her body hair, but at the time I hadn't realized that ALL of the body hair categories had the CC. Sooo, that's probably the culprit.

:pensive: Sigh... and now some of the .sim files added back into the SavedSims folder are not showing up in game...
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    DrewRavida wrote: »
    @ciane, I'm not sure about the CC from Giada, she's been uploaded on 07/26/14 and I just checked Custard, no CC's, here's a picture...
    I think those extra files are the images I used for the upload file for the exchange. Hope this will help..

Giada.jpg

@DrewRavida ,I was reading up on CC that attaches directly to the Sim. Apparently after Late Night (which is when body hair became available) there was an influx of CC attached directly to the Sim (as opposed to being packaged with the Sim) that didn't show up in the launcher or with programs such as Custard.

EDIT: @sunsetsorbet , I'm afraid your sim Ky Anne also appears to have this male hairless "body hair" CC attached. I haven't yet tested the Bohemian Simself that I downloaded after you shared pics on this thread. Her file size is the second in size behind Ky Anne in the list I'm working on testing.

and @WahnSim , I LOVE your worst outfit. I think it really does need to come with some kind of warning, more than mine does. :lol:
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    Yep, you have to delete the sim to delete the body hair. And, I think, you have to delete the dcbackup files (minus ccmerged) to truly make it go away.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I completely forgot the recs are not working right now. I think you did a great job on my sim, @WahnSim!

I love all the fun creativity here.

Thanks @ciane I'm glad you like it :)

• Options
    Yay! Here is my completely CC free upload of my "best" makeover for @janineisabaws :
    Janine NewStyles
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    @frozenorangejuic I just love the makeovers you did for Sephira. The hair are fabulous ;)
  • Options
    So @Cogitotoro here's your Sims makeover. Since she doesn't like it very much, she's wearing a mask in order to not get recognized.

2rpbr4x.png
    5fou49.png
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @WahnSim I was going to like your makeover of Cogitotoro but somehow the like button didn't seem appropriate :/;)
  • Options
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @WahnSim I was going to like your makeover of Cogitotoro but somehow the like button didn't seem appropriate :/;)

:D Thanks anyway, it's the thought that counts, right? ;) But the LOL button seemed appropriate for your comment :)
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    WahnSim wrote: »
    So @Cogitotoro here's your Sims makeover. Since she doesn't like it very much, she's wearing a mask in order to not get recognized.

Wow, that's super creepy and weird! I love it! With the whole "best and worst look" terminology of this contest, it makes me think of what the fashion journalists would say about a look if someone walked down the red carpet in it - and I can imagine this one just causing complete dazed silence. Awesome.

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Everyone has done such a great job! I am still waiting for a cc-free version of the sim I need to make-over, but I did play with this:

cog_zpshy2j19w7.png

She doesn't compare to everyone's fantastic entries already. I have truly been astonished at how horrible one sim can look!
  • Options
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Wow, that's super creepy and weird! I love it! With the whole "best and worst look" terminology of this contest, it makes me think of what the fashion journalists would say about a look if someone walked down the red carpet in it - and I can imagine this one just causing complete dazed silence. Awesome.

Thanks, glad you like it :) I can upload worst look Cogitotoro to the Exchange if you want to download her. Guess the journalists would be scared a bit, that look reminds me a bit of the tusken raiders from Star Wars and they weren't that nice. But maybe she could get a role in one of the next Star Wars movies ;)
    178i2v.jpg
    Your thought about the journalists sounds interesting. Could be something for Lady Gaga, she could be wearing those looks that were created here. Not saying that she's wearing worse looking outfits, but she's wearing different stuff and I guess is brave enough to wear those looks. She would definitely attract attention with those looks.

• Options
    @ciane you could try downloading the sim, saving a child version to the bin, and deleting the original. The hair shouldn't attach to a child sim, since children don't have body hair.
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thanks @jerrinicci. I'll try.

It worked! :smiley:

Here's DrewRavida's Giada Makeover:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8609799

Best:
    GBC1_zps4pydpewb.png
    Loves: Stilettos, gloves, jewelry black and white, neutrals, with some pops of color. Girly, glamorous but with some edge.
    GB1_zpskwjjuy8g.png

Worst:
    GWC1_zpsqasjwgbk.png
    Hates: Flats, juvenile patterns, unflattering silhouette.
    GW1_zpsxsojnn8e.png
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    Nice! If I had the required expansion/stuff packs for the "best" outfit, I would download her! and I'm so glad you were able to get your entry in before the deadline!!! :)
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    I've made my decisions!

Thank you all so much for participating in this really fun contest. I've enjoyed seeing all your original and interesting work so much!

For now, I'm just going to announce the winners, without many comments. If you're interested in a critique of your work, let me know and I'll be happy to give you some more comments!

To claim your prizes, let me know up to 10 things you'd like to spend your SPs on, with links to wishlists if possible. Spending spree time!!!

FIRST PRIZE (4,000 SPs): @frozenorangejuic (Tasha), for the makeover of Sephira. Wonderful work on both best and worst looks! I adored both.
    SECOND PRIZE (3,500 SPs): @JerriNicci, for the makeover of Janine. The worst look was one of my very favorites, and the best was fantastic too. (I judged only the biggest picture in each set, but I should mention that the extra "worsts" were all fabulous.)
    THIRD PRIZE: (2,500 SPs): @ciane, for the makeover of Giada. The best look was really beautiful and responsive to the "loves," and the worst look included some especially good touches.

BONUS PRIZE (makeover of my simself) (2,000 SPs each): a tie between @WahnSim's creepy-hilarious Cogitotoro and @AlphaFen'seccentric hilarious Cogitotoro. Both incredible!!! I loved all the worst looks of me, but these were my two absolute favorites. ( @WahnSim and @AlphaFen, you both seem to have a special talent for "worst looks." @WahnSim's worst look for Ciane and @AlphaFen's worst look for Tasha both got my top ratings, too!)

HONORABLE MENTION (1,000 SPs): @Tahera, your collection, considered as a whole, was so wonderful. I'm adding on an honorable mention prize to recognize that fantastic work. Any chance of reposting all those great pics?

RUNNER UP (1,000 SPs): @shaliny1997, I'm adding a fourth prize for your super work on Lizzy, especially her "worst" look. Great job.

SECOND RUNNER UP (500 SPs): @janineisabaws, I really liked the looks you created for Moira as well! Here's a bonus prize for your excellent makeovers.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Oh wow I can't believe I won! Everyone did such a wonderful job. I would like from 48-57 on my wishlist. I know this will leave me with leftover points but everyone has been so generous lately I don't have any venues or worlds left to buy! Congrats to all the other winners. :)
  • Options
    Oh wow I can't believe I won! Everyone did such a wonderful job. I would like from 48-57 on my wishlist. I know this will leave me with leftover points but everyone has been so generous lately I don't have any venues or worlds left to buy! Congrats to all the other winners. :)

Congratulations! I only see 55 things on your wishlist - did somebody beat me to gifting you something, or do we have a glitch?
    Don't forget you can use your SPs to gift other people, too!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!