Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cogitotoro's Gift and Laugh Contest - Winners announced!

Comments

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited March 2015
    If you upload the sim to the exchange it will tell you all the store content used.

Thank you! I didn`t think of that :s
    Post edited by Tahera on
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is my Make Over of Rich Weitz:
    EDIT: I just saw that I misspelled hilarious in my image. Sorry about that!

EDIT AGAIN: I`m sorry, I didn`t want to cause confusion and I`ve deleted the needless pictures.

screenshot_original.jpg

You can downloaded the Sims here.

Post edited by Tahera on
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have done Tasha's best look. I have actually redone all her looks here she is on the exchange EDIT CC free version http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8598425for some reason it is showing her old everyday outfit but when I downloaded her she appeared with her new gear. @frozenorangejuic I hope you like it and I will gift you any store content you don't have if you want to use her makeover. I will not be the least bit offended if however you detest it ;)

I added some plum coloured roots but they don't show up so well in the pictures
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is Tasha's worst look. The Tiger face paint is because she is dressing like a Detroit Tigers fan (face paint wise at least) and the grass skirt is an exact photo replica of the ballpark's hallowed turf! (I googled this team, sorry to any true fans out there ;) ) The back view is so you can see the player number

EDIT: I just wanted to add a pic of Tasha and her new favourite sport (just for fun it doesn't need to be part of my entry seeing as it's a bit backdated). It's a good idea to be scared of the ball in baseball right? ;)

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WahnSimWahnSim Posts: 254 Member
    I like all the makeovers everybody has done so far, they're great :) The worst outfits category is great, makes me laugh every time I see one of those worst outfits.
    @Tahera I love your makeover of Rich :) He'll especially like those animal shorts. The worst outfits are too funny :D

I'm going to do the makeover on thursday or friday and hopefully can keep up with you guys.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited March 2015
    Love it, @AlphaFen! The hair in the worst makeover would drive me sooooo crazy, and I love how you redid my profile picture for the best makeover.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here is @shaliny1997's before picture.

Screenshot-151_zpscwga7xw7.jpg

Here is the best look. I hope you like this hair okay as it's one of my favorites ever! I also changed all the outfits, you can see them on the exchange here. That will also show which store items I used. For some reason it also shows some store items from the original as well.

Screenshot-149_zpstfryypho.jpg

Screenshot-150_zpsgzsxvkaz.jpg

Here is the worst look. This was harder than I expected it to be. A lot of the outrageous stuff uses clashing bright colors but dark colors were one of the hates so I tried to stay pretty dark.

Screenshot-153.jpg

Screenshot-152.jpg
    Post edited by frozenorangejuic on
  • Options
    janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    For the worst look [formal wear], I threw on an assortment of colours, it's pretty much a rainbow. Considering she dislikes the colour yellow, I decided to make that the main colour for this look.
    qKZLnEz.jpg
    wUadOIW.jpg
    For the best look, I kept it simple, incorporating a bit of turquoise in the look because it's her favourite colour. I also lightened the hair a bit and added a little bit of lipstick. I changed up the earrings to studs to keep it simple and not distract from the outfit.
    hs2Ei5B.jpg {This image shows her before I changed up the hair and makeup}
    tiN5LUD.jpg

Here is the sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8597151
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    Are my first three pictures not showing up for anyone else? If so I can try and upload them through a different site.
  • Options
    ellabrodey9ellabrodey9 Posts: 261 Member
    Are my first three pictures not showing up for anyone else? If so I can try and upload them through a different site.

They're not showing up for me.
  • Options
    Okay I changed them to another site so hopefully they show up now.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Shaliny's "before" and "best dressed" pictures? I can see them.

Oh my gosh, so much awesomeness coming through here!!!!!!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    @ciane, I'm not sure about the CC from Giada, she's been uploaded on 07/26/14 and I just checked Custard, no CC's, here's a picture...
    I think those extra files are the images I used for the upload file for the exchange. Hope this will help..

Giada.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @DrewRavida, When I put her in my game and checked in CAS, I had the cc folder on male body hairs. Please check to see if you have that.
  • Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    @Cogitotoro In the contest rules, you stated that only one outfit each for best and worst were required. For entries that include a line-up of outfits, how will you score them? Consider all the outfits as a whole, or choose just one?
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited March 2015
    @ciane, Is this the one your pertaining to?

CC_Item.jpg

TBH I don't know how I got that CC, I rarely download sims from the exchange. If I caused trouble, I'm sorry for that :'(

BTW I don't know how to get rid of those CC items.
    Post edited by DrewRavida on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Cogitotoro Sorry I failed to upload the worst look to the exchange. Unfortunately I didn't save the whole worst outfit in my game (my fault) I have some of the patterns saved in game and the rest I can re-create from the photos. The worst look entry photos might not then 100% match the exchange outfit, so do you want me to redo them? Sorry about this

Loving all the entries so far especially how people have personalised the outfits to match the Sim's likes etc
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @jerrinicci, good question! I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll get everyone who makes multiple best and worst looks to choose one best and one worst look as their "showpiece" look that I'll judge. The others are really wonderful to see, but the contest was meant to involve only making two outfits, so it wouldn't be fair to judge people who do that at a disadvantage compared to people who do a bunch of outfits. The extra looks are great to see, though! I'll update the first page to state this later today.

@AlphaFen, don't worry about it. The reason for uploading to the Exchange was so the person could download it and save the outfit pieces to put on their Sim (or so others could do that too) with the recolors and all - but it's not crucial, especially with the "worst" looks, which they might not be dying to put on their sims. Although it would be funny to import all those worst dressed sims into a game and put them in the neighborhood! I would love that world.

@DrewRavida, I got rid of that cc by deleting the sims I had downloaded into my game from the Exchange. If you can figure out which sim was the culprit in bringing that cc into your game, you can delete the sim and your cache and the cc should disappear from your other sims too. (Not that I'm an expert, but that's my understanding and that's what I did.) If it's a sim you definitely want to keep, you can research to see if there's a way to strip that cc off of it...
    (Edit: p.s. great looking sim! Thanks for adding some nice eye candy to the thread!)
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    @Cogitotoro Thanks, though I do feel a bit guilty that @frozenorangjuic wont be able to download her new lavender hair and fluorescent pink stockings :/ But I guess you can't have everything ;)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    @DrewRavida - You can go into your saved sims folder and move out the sims (so you can try putting some back in later, if you want them) and then go into your DCbackup folder and select all. Then control click on the ccmerged file to unselect just that one. You can then delete all the backup files keeping ccmerged. The cc that came with any downloaded sims will then be gone from your game. But double check by going into CAS and looking again in male body hairs.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Edit: Don't want to double post again. Found I still have the CC in my game it seems I mishandled my deleting of Ashley. My fault.

I have pulled both Tasha's from the exchange I think she was tainted with CC from my game. I had downloaded my made over Tasha because her picture was wrong on the exchange and I wanted to double check she was ok. When I removed her from my saved sims folder the CC went. So sorry to do that to your sim @frozenorangejuic here is a new improved CC free Tasha http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8598425 I will change the link in my original post

@cogitotoro Sorry to have to rake up the issue again. Apologies to all
  • Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    The others are really wonderful to see, but the contest was meant to involve only making two outfits, so it wouldn't be fair to judge people who do that at a disadvantage compared to people who do a bunch of outfits.

That was exactly my thought on it! Thanks for getting back to me on that!
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    I`m sorry, I didn`t want to cause confusion and I`ve edited my entry on page 4.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    Everyb
    Tahera wrote: »

Oh, no, Tahera, I'm so sad that you took down all those wonderful pictures! If I ask with a pretty pretty please, will you put them back up on a new post or another edit of the old one? I was just going to ask you to tell me which ones to take as your official entries, not to take down the pictures of all but those. I'm sure everyone who hadn't yet seen the rest of your awesome makeover would love to see it.

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Everyb
    Tahera wrote: »

Oh, no, Tahera, I'm so sad that you took down all those wonderful pictures! If I ask with a pretty pretty please, will you put them back up on a new post or another edit of the old one? I was just going to ask you to tell me which ones to take as your official entries, not to take down the pictures of all but those. I'm sure everyone who hadn't yet seen the rest of your awesome makeover would love to see it.

@Tahera I really liked those pictures as well :smile: