Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cogitotoro's Gift and Laugh Contest - Winners announced!

Comments

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    What a fun contest!!!
    After taking a quick look at the deadline, I decided to give it a try :D Right now, I need something to take my mind off things.
    I hope to upload my Sim by tomorrow.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    Username and link to My Page: Tahera
    Sim uploaded - Moira Moony

screenshot_original.jpg

Traits: Computer Whiz, Loner, Unflirty, Adventurous, Natural Cook. Zodiac sign: Cancer. She loves Country Music, the color turquoise and she loves to eat a steak. She is a skilled writer and photographer. The person who will make my Sim over should know that Moira hates the color yellow and she dislikes tattoos.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    @Tahera, I'm so glad you joined the contest! Moira looks great - her existing outfits are really nice, so it's going to be "gravy" to get a new best look.

I've been giving people who enter a welcome gift from their Wishlist, but can't do that for you. Is there somebody I can gift on your behalf for your welcome gift?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hope this is all ok, sorry it took so long :)
    Username: AlphaFen
    My page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/AlphaFen
    Sim uploaded: Jessica Talon-Striker http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8591614
    LOVES: Black and red, modern style, power and plotting to gain it and being an intelligent, independent minded, strong willed woman who is top of police career
    HATES: Anything opposite to her loves and nothing overly revealing/short etc as she needs a thin veil of respectability (very thin she still wants to look modern, stylish) as her son is in politics and yes I haven't quite stuck to that which is why her wardrobe needs a bit of an update ;)

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @AlphaFen, so glad you joined us! Jessica is so striking and awesome - totally believable as a powerful police officer. She should be fun to make over!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    edited February 2015
    Username and link to My Page: janineisabaws | http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/janineisabaws
    Sim uploaded - name, link, and picture: Janine

2q3r7eq.png

Traits: Loner, Friendly, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Heavy Sleeper
    Favourites: Burger, Pop & Purple
    Sign: Scorpio
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    @Tahera, I'm so glad you joined the contest! Moira looks great - her existing outfits are really nice, so it's going to be "gravy" to get a new best look.

I've been giving people who enter a welcome gift from their Wishlist, but can't do that for you. Is there somebody I can gift on your behalf for your welcome gift?

@Cogitotoro, that`s very nice of you :D
    Here`s Shinchristi's Wishlist. In case that you want to spend 75 SP, it would be really nice if you could gift her # 2, the Flute Forward Dress. Thank you in advance!
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    ellabrodey9ellabrodey9 Posts: 261 Member
    Username and link to My Page: ellabrodey9
    Sim uploaded - Periwinkle Stearns

x3d8MX3.png

Loves: pastel colors, comfy clothes,light blue, sweatpants, and eating >:)
    Hates: Tattoos, unnatural hair colors, people, super revealing clothes (like... those athletic bra things that came with UL, if you know what I'm talking about)

Okay so one thing, I couldn't find the hair in the CAS section of the store so it must've come with a world (or something like that, or I'm just blind). I already took all the pictures and edited it, but the hair she comes with is the bun from the base game. :)
  • Options
    jerriniccijerrinicci Posts: 241 Member
    While we wait for more people to join the contest, I'll go ahead and share my makeover of @Cogitotoro so everyone can have a laugh. I call this the Granny Makeover. Note the overly hairsprayed hair and the "I wasn't wearing my glasses" makeup. And I'm pretty sure my grandma had a pair of ugly pink shoes just like these.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    tumblr_o07kimGeNn1t2ewe0o1_500.png
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @jerrinicci - Well granny Cogitotoro looks pretty (explicative) good for a granny - compared to some of my in game "granny" sims when taken into CAS. Having said that, Love the overly applied blush - and pink shoes - and the poses are great!

I am still hoping my work schedule isn't so demanding that I can't commit to this very fun contest! Don't want to commit unless I know I can absolutely follow through. But this is a really, really fun idea. Thank you, Cogitotoro. Whether I have time to enter or not, I WILL be watching! :)
  • Options
    @friday027 Yes, she looks good for a granny. I came up with the idea when an episode of Disney Channel's Good Luck Charlie crossed my mind, where Teddy promises to keep her grandmother busy. She regrets her promise when it results in a makeover.

glc_3x09b.jpg
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
    I own the store! (Or at least what you can own without spending a dime on simpoints! Many thanks to all the generous people who helped me out!) (last updated Dec 30, 2015)
  • Options
    Username and link to My Page: ellabrodey9
    Sim uploaded - Periwinkle Stearns

Loves: pastel colors, comfy clothes,light blue, sweatpants, and eating >:)
    Hates: Tattoos, unnatural hair colors, people, super revealing clothes (like... those athletic bra things that came with UL, if you know what I'm talking about)

Okay so one thing, I couldn't find the hair in the CAS section of the store so it must've come with a world (or something like that, or I'm just blind). I already took all the pictures and edited it, but the hair she comes with is the bun from the base game. :)

Thanks for entering! Periwinkle is adorable. I love how she loves eating but doesn't look like it (yay virtual reality). I'm now irresistibly picturing her in a bra and purple hair, though...

Don't worry about the hair - the person making her over will change it anyway!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    @janineisabaws, thanks for your entry! Janine is lovely. It will be fun to see what someone does with her in both directions!

@jerrinicci, the makeover of me is hysterical! The dark, shiny pantyhose with pink shoes! Purple eyeshadow and big gold glasses and earrings! And I actually kind of like that print, but on a blazer over a dress it's just so, so wrong. Awesome. So is the idea that that's me as a granny, or my granny did me a makeover like on the show you mentioned? Either way, really funny.

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    WahnSimWahnSim Posts: 254 Member
    I'd like to give it a try. I never entered in such a contest before, but it sounds like fun.

Username and link to My Page: WahnSim mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/WahnSim
    Sim uploaded - This is Rich Weitz, he's the grand-grand son of my Simself. I'm trying to maximize all his skills, so I'm not going to play another Sim anytime soon.
    linke :http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8593152
    and picture: 21e80aq.jpg

LOVES: He's favorite colour is black. He likes sports and animals which seems to be the reason why he likes wearing shirts with animals printed on. And he also likes kids music, which is even more embarassing than his love for those pet shirts.

HATES: He hates beards and isn't too fond of tatoos.
  • Options
    @Cogitotoro Thanks a lot for the gift and of course for hosting this contest :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @Wahnsim, thanks for entering! Rich is a great looking Sim. Love his animal themed clothes - he even wears the puppy slippers!

ETA: you're welcome for both! It's a pleasure.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    tbh that's how I am with food Thanks so much for the gift and hosting this :smile: Oh, and I bet Periwinkle would hate you for that ;)
    Post edited by ellabrodey9 on
  • Options
    So is the idea that that's me as a granny, or my granny did me a makeover like on the show you mentioned? Either way, really funny.

I guess kinda a bit of both. :lol: I thought about aging you up as well. I would still do it, but my game crashed before I had saved to bin.
    a.k.a. Jerrica
    My Page
    My Studio
    My EMPTY Wishlist!
  • Options
    I hope we're allowed to post these now o:)

Meet Ashfabulous, the new and improved (sorta) ASHLEY COGITOTORO (Though she prefers Ashfabulous, or Miss Fabu). Complete with a mohawk, stylish 80s glasses that only the best and most fabulous wear, socks with *gasp* HIGH HEELS! *teenage fangirls in the background buying socks AND high heels cause fabulous), and last, a, you guessed it, FABULOUS pantsuit thingy that only she can work. Plus, because we all know orange is one of the most FABULOUS colors, she is decked out in bright orange eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick! I bet you're all wondering what this FABULOUS person looks like, am I right? Well here she is, I present to you Ashley Cogitotoro!

b9LCaRp.png

:3 this used the word fabulous too much oops
  • Options
    @Wahnsim, thanks for entering! Rich is a great looking Sim. Love his animal themed clothes - he even wears the puppy slippers!

ETA: you're welcome for both! It's a pleasure.
    Of course he's great looking after all he's my Simselfs grand-grand son ;):D It's always fascinating how the kids are going to look when they're older. The puppy slippers are great, I'd wear them myself.

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think this might be fun. Can I play for someone else to win the prizes? If yes:

Username and link to My Page: ciane
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ciane
    Sim uploaded - name, link, and picture: Ciane Simmer
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7904686
    everyday_original.jpg

(optional) "LOVES" for this Sim?
    colors: blue greens & voilets
    styles: casual, comfortable, danceable
    pattern types: mellow, soft, light
    personality traits: Photographer's Eye, Vegetarian, Artistic, Perfectionist, & Eco Friendly
    general hairstyle or makeup preferences: simple, natural
    category of outfit you'd love: formal
    occasion you'd love to have a great look for: anniversary night out

(optional) "HATES" for this Sim? Hair covering eyes, too much make-up, & clashing patterns and colors.

If no, then I'll just lurk.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I think this might be fun. Can I play for someone else to win the prizes? If yes:

Username and link to My Page: ciane
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ciane
    Sim uploaded - name, link, and picture: Ciane Simmer
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7904686
    everyday_original.jpg

(optional) "LOVES" for this Sim?
    colors: blue greens & voilets
    styles: casual, comfortable, danceable
    pattern types: mellow, soft, light
    personality traits: Photographer's Eye, Vegetarian, Artistic, Perfectionist, & Eco Friendly
    general hairstyle or makeup preferences: simple, natural
    category of outfit you'd love: formal
    occasion you'd love to have a great look for: anniversary night out

(optional) "HATES" for this Sim? Hair covering eyes, too much make-up, & clashing patterns and colors.

If no, then I'll just lurk.

Do you mean can you gift your prizes? Absolutely. You can do with the SPs whatever you want. So let's assume you're in - welcome! Ciane is going to be so fun to create for.

Everyone gets a welcome gift - is there someone you want me to gift on your behalf?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    I love makeovers!!! May I join in :)

Username and link to My Page: Drew Ravida
    Sim uploaded : Giada Boscono

Giada_Boscono.jpg

Loves: Stilettos, gloves, jewelry black and white, neutrals, with some pops of color. Girly, glamorous but with some edge.

Hates: Flats, juvenile patterns, unflattering silhouette.