Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    I was just looking at deals at the end of the spreadsheet and almost fell out of my chair when I saw it goes until May...didn't the current list start the third week of September? I thought it would only take three months for the full rotation to go through...sorry, I'm new to all this...am I missing something?
    Being the incredible people they are, the spreadsheet team have already added provisions for the THIRD rotation ─ that way, if you miss something now you can look ahead to see when it may/may not come up again. If you look closely at the deal numbers, this rotation ends at the beginning of March and then the next rotation runs March through May. So yes, it'll only take three months for this rotation. but there may be more to come! ;)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    I was just looking at deals at the end of the spreadsheet and almost fell out of my chair when I saw it goes until May...didn't the current list start the third week of September? I thought it would only take three months for the full rotation to go through...sorry, I'm new to all this...am I missing something?
    Being the incredible people they are, the spreadsheet team have already added provisions for the THIRD rotation ─ that way, if you miss something now you can look ahead to see when it may/may not come up again. If you look closely at the deal numbers, this rotation ends at the beginning of March and then the next rotation runs March through May. So yes, it'll only take three months for this rotation. but there may be more to come! ;)

Erin is correct about the second rotation being below the first. And you are correct about the length of the list, simgeek79. The list is 81 days (and change) long. Jodi put a 3rd cycle (second rotation) below the first. She thinks ahead, which is one of the many reasons we appreciate her so much! :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Ahhh...that makes sense - I knew I must be missing something. Thanks! Off to bed now. Take care :)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    bcsmas wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well. Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I haven't had hardly any time to come on here the last few weeks. When I did have the time, we had a pipe leak at our house and ruined part of the kitchen so I have been packing things up in the kitchen and other areas that will need to be redone. Between that, the holidays and working, I just haven't had time to do much else. Things are starting to get better though and I am starting to have a bit more free time now and with some of that time I plan on going back through the pages to see what I have missed. I know it's a lot!

I see that EA listened and made a toggle for the background of this site! That's cool they finally did that!

I see the list finally started repeating. Sad to see it happening. Was hoping a lot more items would have been on it before it started repeating.

Before I leave for the night, I have a question about a set. I was just looking at what I need and saw I can get the Viva Las Vegas Living free later on in the list. I was wondering if anyone knew how much that would take off the September 2011 Compilation if I have that and also parts of the Boho Vintage Women's collection?

I am really sorry to hear about your leak. I hope everything works out better hon.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well. Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I haven't had hardly any time to come on here the last few weeks. When I did have the time, we had a pipe leak at our house and ruined part of the kitchen so I have been packing things up in the kitchen and other areas that will need to be redone. Between that, the holidays and working, I just haven't had time to do much else. Things are starting to get better though and I am starting to have a bit more free time now and with some of that time I plan on going back through the pages to see what I have missed. I know it's a lot!

I see that EA listened and made a toggle for the background of this site! That's cool they finally did that!

I see the list finally started repeating. Sad to see it happening. Was hoping a lot more items would have been on it before it started repeating.

Before I leave for the night, I have a question about a set. I was just looking at what I need and saw I can get the Viva Las Vegas Living free later on in the list. I was wondering if anyone knew how much that would take off the September 2011 Compilation if I have that and also parts of the Boho Vintage Women's collection?

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your kitchen! Too bad you can't just mop it up and the floors would be like new again.
  • Options

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your kitchen! Too bad you can't just mop it up and the floors would be like new again.
    What do you mean you can't do that?! My Sims do it all of the time! :p

@bcsmas, sorry to hear you've being having a rough and busy time, but it's good that you're getting more free time now. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Just now catching up. Whoops. Lol!

I missed Drifter's Desire last night. Awh poo. :( it was the best deal which is what I wamted since I have no cys on it. Ooooh wells. :p
    Aleta wrote: »
    I think I'm all tired out with CS at the moment. They fight with me about Date Night and refuse to mark it as owned. Then they'll tell me to wait 24 hours and then nothing gets fixed. If anyone contacts them about this issue and gets it fixed pleease tell me how in the world you got them to cooperate with you. lol!!

Yes, the customer service is appallingly bad. I've given up. Most of them write totally incomprehensible stuff, and go around in circles. They say yes in one line, and then comes the next line, where they say no. Every five minutes I'm requested to verify my account, with the wrong security question. And also - the dreaded - "contact us again in 24 hours" or a week. Does EA / Origin know about this? Is this the way they want to treat customers?

(I've got the Sunlit Tides and Trailblazer problem as well. Wouldn't dream of trying to speak to the CS about it).
    They go in circles waaay too much. The first few times I contacted customer service I was very impressed with them now I dread contacting them at all.
    I'm guessing they know since they're the customer service I contact. Last person who told me to wait 24 kinda got a rudeish reply out of me. I was like "Last time I was here I was told to wait 24 hours, it's been a week now so I'm not understanding why it's not fixed." I got so!e answer like "our lines have been full from the holiday, I assure you this will be fixed this time." Annnnnnd it's still not fixed. Haven't contacted them again. Eventually I'll just have to use the call option like @MiaSkywalker‌ was suggesting.

@bcsmas I'm sorry about the leak and your kitchen! :/ It's good to see you back on here though! :)

@fan00123‌ I promise I'll reply to your message as soon as I get on the PC. I, once again, have had a bleh day and now I just feel icky. Promise I won't leave you hanging. :p

Also, I'm not too sure if it's just on my tablet or not but has anyone else noticed if you start to tag someone their name will pop up once you type the @ and part of their name? If any of that makes sense at all.

Another random thing, for those whom are wondering, I'm not on episode 106 of Desperate Housewives. :p
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Slightly OT, but does anyone know of a (working) link to a mod that stops autonomous dragon interactions? If I have to scold my sims for playing with dragons again I'll scream!

I don't know of one specifically for that, but I'd think you could use Retuner to do it. I know you can turn off other autonomous stuff with it.
    Actually, I believe our very own Misty @mikrokitty78 made a mod like that. She tried to hide her skilled modding ways from us, but I found her out! I haven't seen her around for a few days (hope everything is okay, but I vaguely recall this being a planned absence), but you could try asking her. I know she's taken her mods offline due to some issues with other Simmers stealing her work, but I think her work is still available by request.

EDIT: Got plummed for something that wasn't even naughty, so I've fixed it. :P
    I'd forgotten that it was Misty that made those mods. I downloaded them when she made them, but I've since discarded hers and made my own, because I wanted slightly different tweaks to them.

I can also make what you're looking for; I actually have time, now that school is out. I'll just have to find the right XML file in the Gameplay data file. Editing it is the easy part once I have that. :)

You specifically want something that prevents the autonomous "play with dragon" and "pick up dragon" interactions, I'm assuming? I don't think most of the others are autonomous, although I could be wrong. I'll have to hunt the set of XMLs down and look it all up. Editing an XML file is very easy to do. Sometimes it's just a matter of making sure you get ALL of the XMLs that are part of a particular interaction, so you don't miss something.
  • Options
    Slightly OT, but does anyone know of a (working) link to a mod that stops autonomous dragon interactions? If I have to scold my sims for playing with dragons again I'll scream!

I don't know of one specifically for that, but I'd think you could use Retuner to do it. I know you can turn off other autonomous stuff with it.
    Actually, I believe our very own Misty @mikrokitty78 made a mod like that. She tried to hide her skilled modding ways from us, but I found her out! I haven't seen her around for a few days (hope everything is okay, but I vaguely recall this being a planned absence), but you could try asking her. I know she's taken her mods offline due to some issues with other Simmers stealing her work, but I think her work is still available by request.

EDIT: Got plummed for something that wasn't even naughty, so I've fixed it. :P
    I'd forgotten that it was Misty that made those mods. I downloaded them when she made them, but I've since discarded hers and made my own, because I wanted slightly different tweaks to them.

I can also make what you're looking for; I actually have time, now that school is out. I'll just have to find the right XML file in the Gameplay data file. Editing it is the easy part once I have that. :)

You specifically want something that prevents the autonomous "play with dragon" and "pick up dragon" interactions, I'm assuming? I don't think most of the others are autonomous, although I could be wrong. I'll have to hunt the set of XMLs down and look it all up. Editing an XML file is very easy to do. Sometimes it's just a matter of making sure you get ALL of the XMLs that are part of a particular interaction, so you don't miss something.
    Actually, that's something I was going to ask you, my favourite computer wizard @MiaSkywalker, about when it comes to modding. I'm good with instructions and can figure things out generally once pointed in the right direction, but I'm not exactly a programmer by nature, so please excuse me if I sound silly or am way off base.

You say interaction tuning is in the Gameplay data file? Does that mean that all of the mods at the Sims Asylum (e.g. Shimrod making Sims autonomously rake leaves) are done by extracting and changing info in that file?

Where would I go to edit an object ─ Store, EP, SP or base game? I'm thinking about doing something with the School + Stadium rabbit holes to fix that catastrophe (perhaps just making it a single rabbit hole, so that I can still use it and placing a normal rabbit hole somewhere else), but I'm not really sure where to look. I think I've got a good idea of what to do after that from my reading, but most guides explain how to edit Custom Content ─ which, duh, the package is right there for you to work with.

Also, if I want to make an override/default replacement, I clone the object, make my changes and then strip everything but the altered information from the file using S3PE? Sorry to bug you, but I spent all of last night Googling and only came up with bits and pieces of info that explained.

Boy, I feel like such a newbie! I've done sporadic research on modding for years and have those little pet peeves that I insist I'll fix, but whenever I try to figure it out there's never quite the right information for me. I'm obviously hesitant to poke around without any idea on my computer, but I am installing my base game to my laptop as a 'project' folder ─ that way, I can break everything and it doesn't matter! :D
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    I was wondering is it possible to get Origin to download updates faster/better? I'm trying to download the new patch for sims 4 and let it download for 2 hours before stopping for now and I only manage to get download 10MB. I should have been closer to 40MB. I might have to contact CS but I don't know how much help they might be.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you. In my mind, download issues are going to be in one of three places: your end, the EA end or in between. If it's not your internet being slow and EA's servers are working as intended, it's something in the middle not communicating correctly. You can try CS I suppose, but as you say, I don't think they'll be able to help. I'd troubleshoot at your end first and go from there. Sorry I couldn't help more.

BUT, you did remind me that EA are giving away a Holiday Celebration Pack for Sims 4 on Origin. I know we're all sticking with Sims 3 for a while, but I've already added it to my Origin library so that I can install it one day, if/when I get Sims 4. That way, I won't get to Sims 4 one day and be missing out on all of the fancy exclusive content. ;)

Ooh, thanks for this, Erin! I had no idea but I'm glad I've grabbed it now! :smile:
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    Also sorry to hear about the leaks, @bcsmas! :disappointed: We've been having rain quite a bit here and unfortunately it keeps leaking all over our church building--including two spots in my husband's office, which make it smell kind of dank.

[You know, there's no yuck! or bleh! emoji thing. <sigh> :unamused: ]
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    We are currently at deal #43, Feathered Headpiece which is part of Waning Moon
    DD Price: 60
    Original Price: 84
    Save: 29%

Both of the next upcoming deals are the most expensive deals of the list:
    Deal #44: Vineyard Villa Furnishings 450 / 810 / 44%
    Best Deal #397 at 67% off

Deal #45: Everyday Teens Collection 915 / 1219 / 25%
    Best Deal #478 at 61% off
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Saw the Sims 4 Holiday pack late last night and kinda freaked because it said on the site that the offer expires the 16th, it was already the 17th then. Now I see that it's till 2016 XD
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    Oh dear, I get some really long ads in my country. Many of them 8 or 10 minutes. But now I get a 14 minute one! (I hope that one will not repeat as often as the 8 and 10 minute ones does).

Are they always short and nice in the US?
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Aleta with the long ads, you can skip along to the end...I used to watch some of them as well for 7, sometimes 11 minutes, till I read somewhere they can be skipped to just before the end.

There were one or two, that I did regularly watch all the way through, one in particular about a little robot that falls in love hehe
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    I have missed a few pages again. I was in bed all day yesterday because of another migraine, at 4 this morning I woke up in absolutely terrible pain and my vision was all in shades of green, so I spent most of today in bed also but I am feeling much better now. Tomorrow I am getting my wisdom teeth out :disappointed: I am really not looking forward to that.

@Spreadsheet team - Because I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow I am not sure when I will be well enough to check in again.

@silencedsong wow thank you for posting the list of repeats, that was a lot of work it would have taken ages.

@Miaskywalker I'm glad your final went well :)
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    I finally got the Nautical Living I am so happy! :) Even tho..I had to stay home today. I am sick. Caught it from my daughter and her boys. But I'll live. My allergies are starting to kick in. I need to get more of my prescription on Clartin! My whole face is feel like on fire of itch. Allergic to dogs which I own three. But they are shedding like crazy. I never had problem until my medicine out. I am gonna get more today.

I hope you are feeling better now.
    trithone wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out.

To our Australian members: I just read an article about the attack/hostage situation in a Sydney coffeehouse yesterday. I'm so sad to hear that happened and relieved that it is over. As we all know, violence creates a shockwave of grief. Those closest to it are affected the most, but others nearby, and even through the world, are affected too. My heart goes out to you and your countrymen and women and I hope everyone you love is safe.
    Thank you for mentioning this. It's been on TV constantly since it first started (and right across from one of our major TV studios). My brother was actually on a road trip with friends in Sydney and had just left to come home that morning, so my mother was a bit on edge! They were nowhere near the main business district, nor do we know anyone around there, so that was fortunate. Many of my friends haven't been so lucky, with friends/family working in the area -- but still, none were involved, so that's a relief.

However, I've been waiting for @missy2311‌ to get on the thread to make sure everything is okay with her. I don't believe she's Sydney city either, but I'm not very familiar with the suburbs down there. I hope Catherine, her family and friends are all okay.

I'm okay, I am not from the city. I was in a simular situation to you, a lot of my friends live/work/study in the city so I was worried about them but fourtunatly none were involved. Also thank you for mentioning the Sims 4 holiday pack, I have no intention of getting sims 4 but I would definitely want the pack if someday I change my mind.

I'm sorry about the pipe leak, I hope everything is able to be fixed easily.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    missy2311 wrote: »
    trithone wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out.

To our Australian members: I just read an article about the attack/hostage situation in a Sydney coffeehouse yesterday. I'm so sad to hear that happened and relieved that it is over. As we all know, violence creates a shockwave of grief. Those closest to it are affected the most, but others nearby, and even through the world, are affected too. My heart goes out to you and your countrymen and women and I hope everyone you love is safe.
    Thank you for mentioning this. It's been on TV constantly since it first started (and right across from one of our major TV studios). My brother was actually on a road trip with friends in Sydney and had just left to come home that morning, so my mother was a bit on edge! They were nowhere near the main business district, nor do we know anyone around there, so that was fortunate. Many of my friends haven't been so lucky, with friends/family working in the area -- but still, none were involved, so that's a relief.

However, I've been waiting for @missy2311‌ to get on the thread to make sure everything is okay with her. I don't believe she's Sydney city either, but I'm not very familiar with the suburbs down there. I hope Catherine, her family and friends are all okay.

I'm okay, I am not from the city. I was in a simular situation to you, a lot of my friends live/work/study in the city so I was worried about them but fourtunatly none were involved. Also thank you for mentioning the Sims 4 holiday pack, I have no intention of getting sims 4 but I would definitely want the pack if someday I change my mind.
    I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure just how close to home it hit. I'm glad you're okay and that your friends weren't involved either. I'm really sorry that you're still having tooth pain, but I hope it settles down once those wisdom teeth are out! It's hard to believe it's already been a year since I had mine out. Best of luck with the healing and be sure to rest up. :)

a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning, headed out to work shortly and just wanted to say I saw the hostage situation in Sydney, Australia on the news. I know it is over now and glad to know that those here are ok and family and friends were not involved. I said a prayer for those that were involved and for the families of the two who were killed.

• Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @missy2311 I am doing so wonderful now. Took Clartin right after I bought some yesterday at pharmacy and still little itchy but not as bad as it was yesterday.
    Well, gotta leave to work here soon, and will be back online later after work. :) Hopefully more points to adds up from the ads and save them for grandpa's grove and so much more that I didn't want to grab yet cause I was to busy focus on the Mills, when that was done, I wind up got the mills with the DD and now next either WoW or Grandpa's Grove. :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I am now on the countdown to my Christmas holidays, which ironically means running around like a mad woman trying to get everything organised but first, tonight I get a long hot soak and an evening of chilling with my favourite game whilst my beautiful tree twinkles and glistens in the corner of my view. I can't wait x
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Actually, that's something I was going to ask you, my favourite computer wizard @MiaSkywalker, about when it comes to modding. I'm good with instructions and can figure things out generally once pointed in the right direction, but I'm not exactly a programmer by nature, so please excuse me if I sound silly or am way off base.

You say interaction tuning is in the Gameplay data file? Does that mean that all of the mods at the Sims Asylum (e.g. Shimrod making Sims autonomously rake leaves) are done by extracting and changing info in that file?

Where would I go to edit an object ─ Store, EP, SP or base game? I'm thinking about doing something with the School + Stadium rabbit holes to fix that catastrophe (perhaps just making it a single rabbit hole, so that I can still use it and placing a normal rabbit hole somewhere else), but I'm not really sure where to look. I think I've got a good idea of what to do after that from my reading, but most guides explain how to edit Custom Content ─ which, duh, the package is right there for you to work with.

Also, if I want to make an override/default replacement, I clone the object, make my changes and then strip everything but the altered information from the file using S3PE? Sorry to bug you, but I spent all of last night Googling and only came up with bits and pieces of info that explained.

Boy, I feel like such a newbie! I've done sporadic research on modding for years and have those little pet peeves that I insist I'll fix, but whenever I try to figure it out there's never quite the right information for me. I'm obviously hesitant to poke around without any idea on my computer, but I am installing my base game to my laptop as a 'project' folder ─ that way, I can break everything and it doesn't matter! :D
    Um... some of what you're asking about I have no clue. I don't MAKE items; I have absolutely no artistic ability, and wouldn't even try. I've never done anything with objects, in other words. "Damn it, Jim! I'm a programmer, not an artist!" ;)

As for Shimrod, I THINK all of his mods are tuning mods. There are also scripting mods, that are usually programmed in C#, but I don't think he does those. I know C#, but I have no idea how to make a scripting mod for Sims 3. (Although I plan to learn!) The absolutely brilliant mods that Douglas Vieja from MTS comes out with are all scripting mods, as are all the Nraas mods, so far as I know. While those can have bugs, they generally won't conflict with anything else.

Yes, XML tuning mods are created by extracting XML pages from one of several files. The gameplay data file is the biggest, but if I recall, there are one or two others that you can sometimes find stuff in. Currently all I do are XML tuning mods. I have a few uploaded to MTS (under a completely different ID), but I use thirty or forty more that I've made that I've never uploaded anywhere. Often enough they're too similar to someone else's, just tweaked more the way I like them. The ones I uploaded really cannot be found elsewhere, which is why I uploaded them.

Btw, autonomy mods (or no-autonomy mods) are generally pretty easy. Find the XML file that deals with the item or action, look for the option marked "autonomous", and change it from "yes" to "no" or vice versa. Some items list certain traits that make the action autonomous; you can change those traits to something else, and sometimes that's the only way to remove autonomy from something. Shimrod usually uses technophobe, because he never gives that trait to any of his Sims. I would want to use something else. I've tweaked the dragon files, but other than removing the harvest cool down, I don't remember specifically what changes I've made.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Um... some of what you're asking about I have no clue. I don't MAKE items; I have absolutely no artistic ability, and wouldn't even try. I've never done anything with objects, in other words. "Damn it, Jim! I'm a programmer, not an artist!" ;)

As for Shimrod, I THINK all of his mods are tuning mods. There are also scripting mods, that are usually programmed in C#, but I don't think he does those. I know C#, but I have no idea how to make a scripting mod for Sims 3. (Although I plan to learn!) The absolutely brilliant mods that Douglas Vieja from MTS comes out with are all scripting mods, as are all the Nraas mods, so far as I know. While those can have bugs, they generally won't conflict with anything else.

Yes, XML tuning mods are created by extracting XML pages from one of several files. The gameplay data file is the biggest, but if I recall, there are one or two others that you can sometimes find stuff in. Currently all I do are XML tuning mods. I have a few uploaded to MTS (under a completely different ID), but I use thirty or forty more that I've made that I've never uploaded anywhere. Often enough they're too similar to someone else's, just tweaked more the way I like them. The ones I uploaded really cannot be found elsewhere, which is why I uploaded them.

Btw, autonomy mods (or no-autonomy mods) are generally pretty easy. Find the XML file that deals with the item or action, look for the option marked "autonomous", and change it from "yes" to "no" or vice versa. Some items list certain traits that make the action autonomous; you can change those traits to something else, and sometimes that's the only way to remove autonomy from something. Shimrod usually uses technophobe, because he never gives that trait to any of his Sims. I would want to use something else. I've tweaked the dragon files, but other than removing the harvest cool down, I don't remember specifically what changes I've made.
    Thanks for explaining this all to me! It's making perfect sense ... I think. ;)

I'm not interested in making items or anything like that, but would like to know more about editing weird EA objects in minor ways -- mostly like MrHawk. He can rename misspelled items, recategorise wacky objects in the catalogue, enable wall sliding/recolouring on objects, fix transparencies and unlock hidden stencils! I'm not really much of a CC person -- I prefer the authentic game, if that makes sense -- but I want the slightly tweaked, 'correct' experience for the objects I already have. I'd love to unlock hidden items as well, and be able to rely on myself for doing that so that I know I'm getting everything I want, rather than filtered through someone else (as genius as other modders are, of course, they're not me in terms of what is and isn't important to me and my game).

As for the school/stadium, that would be my biggest project for a long time. I wish there was a way to just FIX the after school activities and pro sports career on the combo rabbit holes. But short of figuring that out, my plan is to reassign the Isla Paradise, Moonlight Falls and Appaloosa Plains ones as schools only (and hopefully override the original object) and place another world's stadium somewhere else. That way, I'm not wasting perfectly atmospheric rabbit holes because they don't work properly!

Anyway, I've installed my base game and Pets onto my laptop, so will poke around sometime soon and see if I can find whatever it is I need. If I bork it all, I'm only a QUICK reinstall away from fixing it! :p

Scariest of all though, I'm going to test out awesomemod while I'm set up on my laptop -- eventually -- and see how that shapes up against my NRaas mods. I love the NRaas suite to death, but I'm curious as to just how effective Pescado's all-encompassing approach is, as compared to the modular format. Time will tell! Eek!

P.S. Your programmer v. artist comment made me laugh really hard! I'm always explaining to people that being a journalist doesn't mean I'm an artist with any creative ability whataoever, so I can relate there. ;)
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    We are currently at:
    46 ) Doris Capri Pants / 26 / 68 / 62% / 2 hrs B)

Coming Up:
    47 ) NordiChop / 35 / 38 / 8% / 2 hrs
    48 ) Two Arm Floor Lamp / 13/ 25 / 48%/ 2 hrs (more than 129) :)

Hello everyone!

@missy2311 - Catherine, I hope your dentist visit goes well and that you recover quickly. The spreadsheet seems to be running smoothly, so no worries on that count. When you feel up to it, let us know how things are going!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @missy2311 Sorry to hear about your migraine! Those suck. Also good luck with your wisdom teeth extraction.

I got something called a voxbox in the mail which is basically a box of assorted stuff for you to try. One of the things was Scandaleyes eyeliner! Made me remember those old ads, although I think they were for mascara not eyeliner. Too bad my eyes are too jumpy to wear eye makeup without looking like a toddler did it.
  • Options
    CeruleanEchoCeruleanEcho Posts: 79 Member

BUT, you did remind me that EA are giving away a Holiday Celebration Pack for Sims 4 on Origin. I know we're all sticking with Sims 3 for a while, but I've already added it to my Origin library so that I can install it one day, if/when I get Sims 4. That way, I won't get to Sims 4 one day and be missing out on all of the fancy exclusive content. ;)

Thank you for that Sims 4 tidbit! Like you, I don't have the game yet but it will be nice to have the goodies on my account if/when I ever do get it! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top