Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    hmmn...I'm really not good at math and haven't attempted any of the calculations, but could it be somehow affected by the fact that both Country Livin' and the Chicken Coop are both on sale individually in addition to it being on the DD? I really don't know but just saw that they were both listed and wondered if that had something to do with the mysterious calculation. :)

On a slightly different note, I started a thread on this forum listing all of the Weekly Sale items and their respective numbers for future reference. I recall a few people asking if certain sets / premium content etc... had ever appeared before and since many of us are now relying on this page for items not included in the last list, I thought it might be worthwhile to track them. Is this already being done somewhere? Is there a tab on the spreadsheet with this information? Please let me know if so, and I won't bother posting tomorrow's deals. Thanks :smiley:
    Having items from the set on sale at the same time as the set itself should not affect the prices charged but we have certainly seen the Store get the maths seriously wrong in the past so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it still glitches :(

The sale page recording thread sounds like an interesting idea - I for one always love checking back to see how prices have changed and how good today's deal is compared to yesterdays :)

I would make one suggestion about the format: that you separate the columns somehow - we've used slashes (/) on the DD but any clear character symbol should do to make it easier to read.

Extra Exquisite Ceiling Light 15 10 33% off
    or
    Extra Exquisite Ceiling Light : 15 : 10 : 33% off

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    If I do @ then someone's name my messages show blank...why I wonder?

Don't know why they'd be blank but they did adjust something where you get a list of names as you type past the @ and have to hit enter for a selected name to show entirely. Maybe it messed something up :\
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Oh, and Mia @MiaSkywalker, hope all goes well with your exam and you are not troubled by any numpty questions or assessors! :)
    I'm sure I did well. There were two questions I didn't know the answers for at all - oh well! One was about Fortran, and it was either True/False, or multiple choice where I narrowed it down to two possible answers, I can't remember which. Either way, I remember thinking I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. The other was figuring out a Scheme program (one of the AI languages), and unfortunately, I had never been able to savvy through one of the constructs she used in that program. There was no way I could bluff on that one, so I just didn't worry about it! :)

I figured out last night that even if I got 60% on the Final (a D-) I'll still have an A in the class; I had a really high score going in. If I got a 0 on the final, I would still have a B. That made it so I didn't feel too pressured about it, but I still wanted to do well. Impressing your professors is important - they will write letters of recommendation if they feel you know your stuff. :)

It was a long test, and everything else I knew, so I should have done well. I didn't have any problems getting it finished before the 2 hours were up, even though I always take my time on exams. :)

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck - now it's done and I can relax for a few weeks!

@Penndra, congratulations on the Country Livin' set! The chickens are a lot of fun, and about half a year ago, everyone was fighting to get that set on the DD. You'll have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Oh, and Mia @MiaSkywalker, hope all goes well with your exam and you are not troubled by any numpty questions or assessors! :)
    I'm sure I did well. There were two questions I didn't know the answers for at all - oh well! One was about Fortran,

It was a long test, and everything else I knew, so I should have done well. I didn't have any problems getting it finished before the 2 hours were up, even though I always take my time on exams. :)

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck - now it's done and I can relax for a few weeks!
    Wow! Fortran! I remember that from when I was a boy (a long time ago!) I didn't realise it was still around ... should we assume that you have a super-computer in your basement for practice? ;)

Great to hear that you are feeling confident about the exam and, yes, this is definitely the time to reward yourself! :)

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thanks for the feedback @dothesmustle‌ and @ajaxpost‌ I had put a number of spaces in between the numbers but apparently once I posted it those disappeared - haha. I'll go back in and edit it. :D
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out.

To our Australian members: I just read an article about the attack/hostage situation in a Sydney coffeehouse yesterday. I'm so sad to hear that happened and relieved that it is over. As we all know, violence creates a shockwave of grief. Those closest to it are affected the most, but others nearby, and even through the world, are affected too. My heart goes out to you and your countrymen and women and I hope everyone you love is safe.
    Thank you for mentioning this. It's been on TV constantly since it first started (and right across from one of our major TV studios). My brother was actually on a road trip with friends in Sydney and had just left to come home that morning, so my mother was a bit on edge! They were nowhere near the main business district, nor do we know anyone around there, so that was fortunate. Many of my friends haven't been so lucky, with friends/family working in the area -- but still, none were involved, so that's a relief.

However, I've been waiting for @missy2311‌ to get on the thread to make sure everything is okay with her. I don't believe she's Sydney city either, but I'm not very familiar with the suburbs down there. I hope Catherine, her family and friends are all okay.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2014
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out.

To our Australian members: I just read an article about the attack/hostage situation in a Sydney coffeehouse yesterday. I'm so sad to hear that happened and relieved that it is over. As we all know, violence creates a shockwave of grief. Those closest to it are affected the most, but others nearby, and even through the world, are affected too. My heart goes out to you and your countrymen and women and I hope everyone you love is safe.
    Thank you for mentioning this. It's been on TV constantly since it first started (and right across from one of our major TV studios). My brother was actually on a road trip with friends in Sydney and had just left to come home that morning, so my mother was a bit on edge! They were nowhere near the main business district, nor do we know anyone around there, so that was fortunate. Many of my friends haven't been so lucky, with friends/family working in the area -- but still, none were involved, so that's a relief.

However, I've been waiting for @missy2311‌ to get on the thread to make sure everything is okay with her. I don't believe she's Sydney city either, but I'm not very familiar with the suburbs down there. I hope Catherine, her family and friends are all okay.

As I was listening to the news yesterday, I was thinking of you, Erin‌,‌ and other people that I know who live in Australia. I'm glad you're okay. I hope everyone else there is all right too...

ETA: Just went back and looked through the posts, and it looks like the last time Missy posted was on Dec. 13th. Hope everything's okay...

E (again) TA: Interesting... Every time I do the "shift-2 username" to direct a comment at someone specific, that whole paragraph and everything after it doesn't show up... So I'm shortening usernames or using real names for now, until that's fixed.
    Post edited by Stablehand6 on
  • Options
    martsmmartsm Posts: 45 Member
    Just popping in to say hi after being away from the DD list for a while. What a long list and so exciting it's repeating! To be honest, not much was coming up that I was interested in and didn't already have, so I stopped checking as frequently.

Now I am so so grateful to have the spreadsheet to consult and calculate the very best deals and times.

Hope everyone's doing great, welcome to newbies, and congrats to those who now own the Store!! :#
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    On a slightly different note, I started a thread on this forum listing all of the Weekly Sale items and their respective numbers for future reference. I recall a few people asking if certain sets / premium content etc... had ever appeared before and since many of us are now relying on this page for items not included in the last list, I thought it might be worthwhile to track them. Is this already being done somewhere? Is there a tab on the spreadsheet with this information? Please let me know if so, and I won't bother posting tomorrow's deals. Thanks :smiley:

So far as I know, there isn't a place for this on the spreadsheet. It contains just DD information. I haven't found anywhere the sale pages are tracked, but I spend the majority of my time here. I suspect that, like the DD, they are on some kind of rotation to lessen the need for an employee to spend time on them. I had been thinking that I might start keeping a list and see if I can find a pattern, but it looks like you may be beating me to it. Perhaps there is some way I can help? Guess I'm looking for something to do now that the DD is in rotation and doesn't take as much maintenance. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    We are currently at:
    40 ) Secure Sneakers / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hrs B)

Coming Up:
    41 ) Cyber Creeping Vine / 11 / 28 / 61% / 2 hrs B) (a.k.a The Vine That Shall Not Be Named)
    42 ) Nautical Living** / 495 / 990 / 50% / 2 hrs (more than 35, less than 235) :D

@ spreadsheet team - we are all checked through Secure Sneakers
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    I just wanted to say I have been thinking of our friends in Australia also. My heart goes out to them.

I have a question. I have misplaced my generations disk, but have registered it so I am able to download it through origin..question is, is the space req. smaller via disk or orign? Thank you in advance. I really am unable to tell!! I would like to download stuff from the store I bought and have been gifted but I have 42 gigs of space left and many expansions and worlds still!! Ugh hate playing favorites!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited December 2014

I don't know of anything like that anywhere else, and it sounds very helpful! If there is any sort of pattern it could potentially save a lot of simpoints. You may want to reserve a few posts in your thread in case you run out of room in your first one before anyone else comments. :)
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    I just wanted to say I have been thinking of our friends in Australia also. My heart goes out to them.

I have a question. I have misplaced my generations disk, but have registered it so I am able to download it through origin..question is, is the space req. smaller via disk or orign? Thank you in advance. I really am unable to tell!! I would like to download stuff from the store I bought and have been gifted but I have 42 gigs of space left and many expansions and worlds still!! Ugh hate playing favorites!

I honestly have no idea, but I wouldn't think there would be a difference.
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    Slightly OT, but does anyone know of a (working) link to a mod that stops autonomous dragon interactions? If I have to scold my sims for playing with dragons again I'll scream!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Slightly OT, but does anyone know of a (working) link to a mod that stops autonomous dragon interactions? If I have to scold my sims for playing with dragons again I'll scream!

I don't know of one specifically for that, but I'd think you could use Retuner to do it. I know you can turn off other autonomous stuff with it.
  • Options

I don't know of one specifically for that, but I'd think you could use Retuner to do it. I know you can turn off other autonomous stuff with it.

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm just now trying out mods. So far, all I have is Overwatch and the Error one from NRaaS. If you think of anything else useful to try, let me know.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Actually, I believe our very own Misty @mikrokitty78 made a mod like that. She tried to hide her skilled modding ways from us, but I found her out! I haven't seen her around for a few days (hope everything is okay, but I vaguely recall this being a planned absence), but you could try asking her. I know she's taken her mods offline due to some issues with other Simmers stealing her work, but I think her work is still available by request.

EDIT: Got plummed for something that wasn't even naughty, so I've fixed it. :P
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I was wondering is it possible to get Origin to download updates faster/better? I'm trying to download the new patch for sims 4 and let it download for 2 hours before stopping for now and I only manage to get download 10MB. I should have been closer to 40MB. I might have to contact CS but I don't know how much help they might be.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Yahoo! Tomorrow my last day of work til the 5th. Gonna grab points from ads, play Sims, and get lots more stuffs from DD and MMAO! So happy. But in few minutes I will be sleeping but gonna missed the head band with the feather. But that's ok. I put that in my wishlist and will get it next time. Goodnight. ;)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    I was wondering is it possible to get Origin to download updates faster/better? I'm trying to download the new patch for sims 4 and let it download for 2 hours before stopping for now and I only manage to get download 10MB. I should have been closer to 40MB. I might have to contact CS but I don't know how much help they might be.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you. In my mind, download issues are going to be in one of three places: your end, the EA end or in between. If it's not your internet being slow and EA's servers are working as intended, it's something in the middle not communicating correctly. You can try CS I suppose, but as you say, I don't think they'll be able to help. I'd troubleshoot at your end first and go from there. Sorry I couldn't help more.

BUT, you did remind me that EA are giving away a Holiday Celebration Pack for Sims 4 on Origin. I know we're all sticking with Sims 3 for a while, but I've already added it to my Origin library so that I can install it one day, if/when I get Sims 4. That way, I won't get to Sims 4 one day and be missing out on all of the fancy exclusive content. ;)
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options

Ok, I'll wait for Misty to return. What does "plummed" mean?

• Options

Ok, I'll wait for Misty to return. What does "plummed" mean?
    Plum is the word that is used to censor 'inappropriate' words here on the forums. Considering some of the ridiculous things that get replaced with the word 'plum', it's become a bit of a joke. To be plummed is to have one of your words censored, although we often use it when frustrated, as though we're swearing, as well; you'll probably see use of 'plum', 'plumming' and 'plummed' quite a bit. ;)

a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @kellycot1 thank you for the hot tip on the free sims 4 content. i don't have sims 4 either, but i probably will in a few years, and i'll have that little set sitting in my origin account until then!

as a reminder to everyone, the sale page is going to change soon so if there were any deals you were waiting on, better pick them up!
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well. Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I haven't had hardly any time to come on here the last few weeks. When I did have the time, we had a pipe leak at our house and ruined part of the kitchen so I have been packing things up in the kitchen and other areas that will need to be redone. Between that, the holidays and working, I just haven't had time to do much else. Things are starting to get better though and I am starting to have a bit more free time now and with some of that time I plan on going back through the pages to see what I have missed. I know it's a lot!

I see that EA listened and made a toggle for the background of this site! That's cool they finally did that!

I see the list finally started repeating. Sad to see it happening. Was hoping a lot more items would have been on it before it started repeating.

Before I leave for the night, I have a question about a set. I was just looking at what I need and saw I can get the Viva Las Vegas Living free later on in the list. I was wondering if anyone knew how much that would take off the September 2011 Compilation if I have that and also parts of the Boho Vintage Women's collection?

• Options

So far as I know, there isn't a place for this on the spreadsheet. It contains just DD information. I haven't found anywhere the sale pages are tracked, but I spend the majority of my time here. I suspect that, like the DD, they are on some kind of rotation to lessen the need for an employee to spend time on them. I had been thinking that I might start keeping a list and see if I can find a pattern, but it looks like you may be beating me to it. Perhaps there is some way I can help? Guess I'm looking for something to do now that the DD is in rotation and doesn't take as much maintenance. :)

Thanks for the feedback @trithone‌ and @frozenorangejuic‌ :D@trithone‌ you are more than welcome to help! I'm not very good at detecting patterns but if you are, please be my guest and help us all out :smile: I've never really done anything like this before so I guess as per frozenorangejuic I should go in and reserve some posts. I just thought I would post the weekly sales one per post but I see your point, if comments are made than the information gets buried and hard to find. I'll go do that right now :)

• Options
    I was just looking at deals at the end of the spreadsheet and almost fell out of my chair when I saw it goes until May...didn't the current list start the third week of September? I thought it would only take three months for the full rotation to go through...sorry, I'm new to all this...am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top