Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Niralyn wrote: »
    (They need a four leaf clover emoticon thingy)

EDIT: Maybe a cookie, instead? :cookie:
    :wink:

72x72x1f340-twitter.png.pagespeed.ic.oC6vatCMYp.png

Good luck @MiaSkywalker‌
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    @Miaskywalker hope your finals go really well, wishing you loads of luck x

@silencedsong wow that is a mega post, what a lot of work for you, thank you for all you do here x

In other news I am disappointed this morning just realised it Is only Tuesday, I was excited that the sale page would be changing and maybe the wave machine would be on it, it would be so great in Sunlit Tides but alas no that's tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a really great day x
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    Chloe416Chloe416 Posts: 38 Member
    > @dothesmustle said:
    > Miaskywalker hope your finals go really well, wishing you loads of luck x
    >
    > silencedsong wow that is a mega post, what a lot of work for you, thank you for all you do here x
    >
    > In other news I am disappointed this morning just realised it Is only Tuesday, I was excited that the sale page would be changing and maybe the wave machine would be on it, it would be so great in Sunlit Tides but alas no that's tomorrow.
    >
    > Hope everyone has a really great day x

@dotthemustle I have a code for the Surf's Up Sun & Fun Collection if you want it.
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    I forgot about the change over on the sales section tonight, almost missed what i wanted. I usually wait a week before buying anything, incase it comes up first cheaper on the Daily Dail list....that is now probably ... unlikely. So I'm pleased @dotthemustle mentioned it.

Plus big thank you to @ajaxpost, not only for the reminder with the wishlist, but also for the gift, my first :smiley:
    I will be getting the Blast from the Past compilation when I come home from work tonight, may even be on the new Sales page.

@frozenorange I haven't forgotten I said I would upload my caribbean alchemy shop, that I made for sunlit tides and Isla Paradiso. I went back to it yesterday, and realised one of the harvestables wouldn't delete. So I re-did the lot last night (leaving out all harvestables and spawners), almost finished the rebuild, and will upload it before christmas. Good luck with your list.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'm glad this would help you, Samantha! I am in the middle of getting the info and pictures for Barnacle Bay now and have come across something interesting. Almost all the buildings are called something different in Edit Town than they are in live mode! Like the military building is called Building O' War in Edit Town but Fort Gnome Military Base in live mode.

Hidden Springs has this issue too. Not only that, but all combo rabbitholes are named the default Sunset Valley rabbithole names inside the combo one (The map tag on combo rabbitholes is the name of the combo building, not the actual career rabbitholes inside it)

There are two ways to solve the former issue: Fully buy the rabbithole and you can rename it to what the lot name reflects (doesnt work for the military base, school or city hall) or use NRaas DebugEnabler to forcibly rename a rabbithole, which works on all rabbitholes EXCEPT city halls. The second, the multi-rabbithole thing, can only be done with DebugEnabler. Not sure of it has any ingame effect, but it drives my OCD ballistic.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    oh I shouldn't have combined posts.

I saw your friend needed stuff for Drifters desire and was asking how much she needed to get a green on Drifters desire.

I know others need help with Homecoming too........
    Oh! Didn't realize you were asking - I had actually forgotten it was coming up. I think because the last time it was up her CYS wasn't very good, so I didn't mark it on my spreadsheet.

I gifted her one item, and she got it for 30 points. Which completed Fortune's Folly (that had still been at 200), and got her a green download there. Wowza! That was a compilation I had been wanting to complete for her! Only reason I got it is that I couldn't sleep, so got up and Drifter's just happened to be on the DD. So, pretty lucky, I suppose. :)
  • Options
    Aleta wrote: »
    I think I'm all tired out with CS at the moment. They fight with me about Date Night and refuse to mark it as owned. Then they'll tell me to wait 24 hours and then nothing gets fixed. If anyone contacts them about this issue and gets it fixed pleease tell me how in the world you got them to cooperate with you. lol!!

Yes, the customer service is appallingly bad. I've given up. Most of them write totally incomprehensible stuff, and go around in circles. They say yes in one line, and then comes the next line, where they say no. Every five minutes I'm requested to verify my account, with the wrong security question. And also - the dreaded - "contact us again in 24 hours" or a week. Does EA / Origin know about this? Is this the way they want to treat customers?

(I've got the Sunlit Tides and Trailblazer problem as well. Wouldn't dream of trying to speak to the CS about it).
    Customer service can actually be very good, IF you use the phone option. If you're in the U.S., I definitely recommend it. I needed CS recently (I think right after Thanksgiving, but I could be wrong), the message said it would be 52 minutes - they called within ONE minute! The guy was very good, even gave me a 15% coupon for Origin, which I don't think I'll ever use. Not unless I decide sometime down the line to buy Sims 4, but I think the coupon will expire before I ever do that.

The CS reps you get when you use the phone option are in the U.S.; when you do Live Chat, you get people in India. First off, I don't think they know either the game or the store, so they're pretty clueless. Second, they know English, but they do not understand colloquialisms or slang, and our language is littered with those; we can't help it. I also don't think they're really given any power to do anything, which means that their goal is basically to brush you off and to pretend they made you happy. I don't know how businesses think they're helping customer relations when they use this kind of off-shore CS, but I think they really have no idea.

The phone reps almost always know the game as well as the store. All EA employees are given copies of every game they make, and I've gotten reps who are avid simmers, just like everyone here. Once when I called I got a rep who was SO RELIEVED to talk to a Simmer (a soccer game or something had just come out in the U.K, and all of their calls that day had been irate customers about that), that she did all sorts of nice things for me. Heck, I probably could have gotten her to mark Show Stopping Styles and Seeing Stars as owned, but she did so much for me, I didn't even think about it. But I'm sure she would have; she was absolutely ecstatic to speak to someone about Sims! :)

So, use the phone option if you're in the U.S., and have them call you back. You might be pleasantly surprised at the service you get!
  • Options
    The big bang that makes the CYS so lucrative is the 10% you get for any sub portion of the set. I've included that. What is not clear from Elianahere's calculator is when it comes to compilations. Sets are easy -SetPrice x .9 minus ItemPrice x.9. However, when you get to compilations, I think you're supposed to count each and every individual item price, which actually makes for a bigger discount. I went back and edited my original post to show what would happen to the numbers if this is the case.
    Annoyingly, sometimes I've found that for compilations, items from some sets in some compilations don't even count for 90% of the value. :( I'm not sure what it's based on, but I think compilations that already have good discounts (i.e., if you added every individual item/venue in the compilation up, it would add up to double or triple the actual compilation cost) count the individual items with lower values. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I have definitely found that items don't count for 90% of their value in some compilations.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Chloe416 wrote: »
    > @dothesmustle said:<br />
    > Miaskywalker hope your finals go really well, wishing you loads of luck x<br />
    > <br />
    > silencedsong wow that is a mega post, what a lot of work for you, thank you for all you do here x<br />
    > <br />
    > In other news I am disappointed this morning just realised it Is only Tuesday, I was excited that the sale page would be changing and maybe the wave machine would be on it, it would be so great in Sunlit Tides but alas no that's tomorrow.<br />
    > <br />
    > Hope everyone has a really great day x<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    @dotthemustle I have a code for the Surf's Up Sun & Fun Collection if you want it.

@Chloe416, that would be beyond awesome, thank you so much.
    I just noticed that you have a few items on your wishlist I could certainly knock a couple of those off in return x
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Not sure if you're still online @MiaSkywalker but goodluck on your final tomorrow! Got my set!! (75sp! - thanks to some very generous simmers @awellenbl @blacksheba1973 and @mustangmama ) ...hope my girls are happy.... 4 am - goodness....the things I do for them...lol- good night all...have a good day/night :)
    Which set was that? Homecoming? Congratulations!

Thanks for the luck. Funny thing is, I can rarely sleep before an exam (particularly a midterm or final), not because I'm nervous, but because I'm wired. I have figured it out; I'm getting a good enough grade in this class that I could get 70% on the Final and still have an A. It would be an A- at that point, but an A is an A.

I've been studying like a dog anyway, just because that's what I do. Wait, dogs don't study! Anyway, woke up after 3 hours, can't sleep, so I'm studying some more. Because, you know, I really need to, right? When we took the midterm, I apparently blew the curve (I didn't know she used a curve, so I was pretty surprised), and everyone was a little annoyed with me until she pulled my grade from the curve. :blush:

Oddly, I find this class both challenging and easy, which is difficult to explain. I absolutely LOVE programming. Even when I'm frustrated because a program isn't doing what I expect, it's still fun. :) We learned some LISP in this class, which is the first time I've ever worked with what's called a Functional programming language. It was fun, even if it was a bit different from what I'm used to.

ETA: Thank you everyone for wishing me luck. :) The only "luck" I ever feel I need on an exam is luck that the professor won't ask stupid questions. (Like one time a professor for a class I took asked how many items were in a particular menu for a certain software product. I was flabbergasted that he would ask something so insanely stupid. I mean, honestly, who the heck CARES how many items are in that menu! You just USE it, you don't COUNT them! And although technically it was a Dreamweaver class, it was also a CSS class, and I wondered why he couldn't have come up with a CSS question instead!) This particular professor usually doesn't ask dumb questions, although her TA is sometimes a dumb grader. (Like, one time the key of a quiz reversed the order of two answers. They were OBVIOUS answers, and he should have caught it, but he was either A) too stupid to know the answer, which everyone in the class did, B ) didn't look at the actual answers, which was neglectful, or C) just didn't give a crap that she reversed the key, so just marked every single person in the class wrong for both. No, I do NOT like that TA.)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    Customer service can actually be very good, IF you use the phone option. If you're in the U.S., I definitely recommend it. I needed CS recently (I think right after Thanksgiving, but I could be wrong), the message said it would be 52 minutes - they called within ONE minute! The guy was very good, even gave me a 15% coupon for Origin, which I don't think I'll ever use. Not unless I decide sometime down the line to buy Sims 4, but I think the coupon will expire before I ever do that.

The CS reps you get when you use the phone option are in the U.S.; when you do Live Chat, you get people in India. First off, I don't think they know either the game or the store, so they're pretty clueless. Second, they know English, but they do not understand colloquialisms or slang, and our language is littered with those; we can't help it. I also don't think they're really given any power to do anything, which means that their goal is basically to brush you off and to pretend they made you happy. I don't know how businesses think they're helping customer relations when they use this kind of off-shore CS, but I think they really have no idea.

The phone reps almost always know the game as well as the store. All EA employees are given copies of every game they make, and I've gotten reps who are avid simmers, just like everyone here. Once when I called I got a rep who was SO RELIEVED to talk to a Simmer (a soccer game or something had just come out in the U.K, and all of their calls that day had been irate customers about that), that she did all sorts of nice things for me. Heck, I probably could have gotten her to mark Show Stopping Styles and Seeing Stars as owned, but she did so much for me, I didn't even think about it. But I'm sure she would have; she was absolutely ecstatic to speak to someone about Sims! :)

So, use the phone option if you're in the U.S., and have them call you back. You might be pleasantly surprised at the service you get!

Thank you, but I'm not in the U.S., so I'm stuck with the Indians. And too many of the ones I've tried to communicate with, can hardly construct an understandable sentence in English. Only the first one was nice and helpful. Wish you could choose who to chat with... ;)
  • Options
    Aleta wrote: »
    Thank you, but I'm not in the U.S., so I'm stuck with the Indians. And too many of the ones I've tried to communicate with, can hardly construct an understandable sentence in English. Only the first one was nice and helpful. Wish you could choose who to chat with... ;)
    The first one you got might have been either in the U.S. or Europe. I think those reps have more power to do things than the ones loaded off-shore to India. I think they also tend to know the game, because they're direct EA employees. The ones in India aren't, so don't get free copies of the game, and so wouldn't necessarily know anything about it. I used to work for a company that off-loaded CS to India, and I always thought it was a mistake. It's cheaper, but you get what you pay for in this case. :)

With persistence, even with Live Chat you can accomplish what you need to. Ask Erin! :D
  • Options
    Chloe416Chloe416 Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @dothesmustle said:
    > Chloe416 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Chloe416, that would be beyond awesome, thank you so much.
    > I just noticed that you have a few items on your wishlist I could certainly knock a couple of those off in return x

Dot, my wishlist is just a reminder for myself. Please don't worry about gifting me, I 'm still getting simpoint ads that will more than take care of those items. Thank you though. What you can do is tell me how to send you the code. ; )

I just tried to message you from your page but it won't let me. It says I can't access it. I guess I don't post enough. Maybe you could message me your email address.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited December 2014
    @frozenorange I haven't forgotten I said I would upload my caribbean alchemy shop, that I made for sunlit tides and Isla Paradiso. I went back to it yesterday, and realised one of the harvestables wouldn't delete. So I re-did the lot last night (leaving out all harvestables and spawners), almost finished the rebuild, and will upload it before christmas. Good luck with your list.

Oh yay can't wait to see it! Thank you!
    Devalaous wrote: »

Hidden Springs has this issue too. Not only that, but all combo rabbitholes are named the default Sunset Valley rabbithole names inside the combo one (The map tag on combo rabbitholes is the name of the combo building, not the actual career rabbitholes inside it)

There are two ways to solve the former issue: Fully buy the rabbithole and you can rename it to what the lot name reflects (doesnt work for the military base, school or city hall) or use NRaas DebugEnabler to forcibly rename a rabbithole, which works on all rabbitholes EXCEPT city halls. The second, the multi-rabbithole thing, can only be done with DebugEnabler. Not sure of it has any ingame effect, but it drives my OCD ballistic.

Hmm... I wonder why they did it that way? Why go through the trouble of giving them world specific names in one place if they are going to have default names somewhere else? It seems like someone dropped the ball during world creation.

Good luck on your test, Mia! Hopefully no stupid questions this time.
    Post edited by frozenorangejuic on
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @MiaSkywalker glad to hear you don't rely on luck for exams and things - that's what I always tell my kids, especially if they're nervous about something coming up for school/or a performance - if you've prepared for it and given it your all, there is nothing to worry about (except incompetent TA's I guess but they're too young for that still - haha) It was the Homecoming set I was after. Like @Niralyn I didn't get it on Sunday so last nights deal was the second best deal so I didn't want to miss that one. Then the DD went all weird showing the Saggy pants twice so instead of setting the alarm for 4am I set it for 2 am to see what would happen when the deal changed, then up again at 4am to get the set. Anyway, got a great deal thanks to many gifts only I screwed up because I didn't log off and back in and apparently lovely @mustangmama gifted me more but it didn't show up in my CYS when I made the purchase : ( I felt terrible and despite how tired I was - couldn't go back to sleep. Pretty tired now mind you and a bit of a crab apple this morning ... my poor kids (yikes - might have to bake cookies or something to make it up to them) but they were happy to have the Homecoming set.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Hello Everyone!

On the list we are in the last 30 minutes of #34 ) Street Couture / 238 / 725 / 67% / 2 hrs B)
    Next up are:
    35 ) Nautical Living / 286 / 990 / 71% / 2 hrs (less than 42 & 235) B)
    36 ) Country Living / 840 / 1500 / 44% / 2 hrs :)

I'm going to be around periodically to check that things are running smoothly on the spreadsheet today. We (the spreadsheet team) are working out how to do maintenance on this last sheet now that it is in rotation for however long that will be. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do what I can to answer. Also, if you see anything amiss on the sheet, please let us know!

@spreadsheet team - Even though we don't technically need to "clock in" any more, I am still going to say I am clocking in. I just like the sound of it and am not ready to give it up yet. :smile:

I have checked #33 and #34 for accuracy. I am going to go ahead and check the next three deals for their regular prices and then come in periodically through the day to make sure the DD prices are correct and the "current" marking is in the right spot. So far everything has looked good, right?

I'm glad the glitch last night with the saggy pants turned out to be a website glitch and not something we had to fix on the spreadsheet. While I wouldn't mind if the store suddenly decided to add a few items to the list that were left out, it would be really annoying if they added items that were just more repeats...
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    I think I will be double-posting, but I didn't want to include this in my other post since it is two different topics.

Someone had mentioned a while back that once the store was owned the Exclusive Items that show up in MMAO would show up for free. I'm now down to World of Wonder (which doesn't appear in MMAO), Braids and Pigtails (also not MMAO), and The Shaggy Look (not sure if it shows up in MMAO). Also, MMAO occasionally offers me a gold version of Sunlit Tides. I already own the regular version and the venue separately.

To get the exclusive items to come up free, do I need to purchase all of the rest of that stuff, even though most of it is not offered on MMAO? I really don't want to have to do the CS thing to get Sunlit Tides Gold marked as owned, but I will if I have to. Blargh... Otherwise, the exclusive items are coming up in groups of 5 as 100sp each with discounts of 6 or 7%. :disappointed:
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    The big bang that makes the CYS so lucrative is the 10% you get for any sub portion of the set. I've included that. What is not clear from Elianahere's calculator is when it comes to compilations. Sets are easy -SetPrice x .9 minus ItemPrice x.9. However, when you get to compilations, I think you're supposed to count each and every individual item price, which actually makes for a bigger discount. I went back and edited my original post to show what would happen to the numbers if this is the case.
    Annoyingly, sometimes I've found that for compilations, items from some sets in some compilations don't even count for 90% of the value. :( I'm not sure what it's based on, but I think compilations that already have good discounts (i.e., if you added every individual item/venue in the compilation up, it would add up to double or triple the actual compilation cost) count the individual items with lower values. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I have definitely found that items don't count for 90% of their value in some compilations.

That's interesting. There is definitely some tweaking going on, as Elianahere's calculator is always a few points off for me. Fooling with the numbers just gets you in the ballpark then.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    @Miaskywalker hope your finals go really well, wishing you loads of luck x

@silencedsong wow that is a mega post, what a lot of work for you, thank you for all you do here x

In other news I am disappointed this morning just realised it Is only Tuesday, I was excited that the sale page would be changing and maybe the wave machine would be on it, it would be so great in Sunlit Tides but alas no that's tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a really great day x

What is a wave machine? Sounds fun!

Hope you have a good day, too!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    trithone wrote: »
    I think I will be double-posting, but I didn't want to include this in my other post since it is two different topics.

Someone had mentioned a while back that once the store was owned the Exclusive Items that show up in MMAO would show up for free. I'm now down to World of Wonder (which doesn't appear in MMAO), Braids and Pigtails (also not MMAO), and The Shaggy Look (not sure if it shows up in MMAO). Also, MMAO occasionally offers me a gold version of Sunlit Tides. I already own the regular version and the venue separately.

To get the exclusive items to come up free, do I need to purchase all of the rest of that stuff, even though most of it is not offered on MMAO? I really don't want to have to do the CS thing to get Sunlit Tides Gold marked as owned, but I will if I have to. Blargh... Otherwise, the exclusive items are coming up in groups of 5 as 100sp each with discounts of 6 or 7%. :disappointed:
    No, and there can even be things that sometimes show up on MMAO, and it will still do it. It's random. What I've seen others say about it, and what happened with me, is that interspersed between the few items it thinks I don't own (Sunlight Tides gold, and I think Lucky Palms gold), it would occasionally offer me one or more of the "exclusives". When it was more than one, there was a price and a discount. If it was just one, it was free.

If you own all the singleton items that show up on MMAO, you'll get them offered for free eventually, but you do need to be patient. I think it took about a week for it to offer them to me.
  • Options
    trithone wrote: »

No, and there can even be things that sometimes show up on MMAO, and it will still do it. It's random. What I've seen others say about it, and what happened with me, is that interspersed between the few items it thinks I don't own (Sunlight Tides gold, and I think Lucky Palms gold), it would occasionally offer me one or more of the "exclusives". When it was more than one, there was a price and a discount. If it was just one, it was free.

If you own all the singleton items that show up on MMAO, you'll get them offered for free eventually, but you do need to be patient. I think it took about a week for it to offer them to me.

Thank you for the explanation. I started thinking I was doing something wrong. Well, I was, it is just called impatience. :)

Good luck with your tests!

• Options
    @chloe416 I've messaged you and thanks again xxx
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    @trithone I can second @MiaSkywalker there. I only have Midnight Hollow Gold and the MMAO machine still offers me the other Gold worlds occasionally, but mostly it just gives me that "you already have anything" message. I also don't have the Worlds Collide or Final Frontier set marked as owned, but those sets didn't show up on the MMAO once I had all the items.

And I did get some of those exclusives for free. I also bought five together when they showed up for a really good discount, because I got impatient, but if they showed up alone they were free.
  • Options
    @awellenbl hi*waves* hope you are doing well I was just thinking of sending you a message because I hadn't seen your name on the boards for a few days, so glad to see you.
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Waves back @dothesmustle :). I have to get up really early now, so I can't watch those ads at night anymore. :( I mostly came on here while I was doing that, but I'll try to do that on the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top