Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

Comments

• Options
    tanisshaytanisshay Posts: 32 Member
    I have 168 and that's after taking quite a lot out the other day. There's a couple mods I have like one for teens to have romantic relationships with anyone older, which I find awesome considering there aren't many teens walking around as time goes on and I don't have to worry about seeing someone my Sim likes and have them be a young adult. Other than that it's mostly clothes that consist of high-wasted jeans and recolors of the base crop top.

I have had crashing issues because of the custom content which I managed to find and remove after some tedious work, but otherwise my game is fine and I love having cc. Couldn't imagine playing without it, it just makes it so much more customized to my taste!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    OMG I jumped to CC default skin, and skin overlays within the first day of having it. Not a fan of the plastic skin.

Default eyes came next (not perfect, but an improvement. Still on the lookout).

A few jean recolours, a couple different hairs. I neeeeded a ligther blonde and someone out there did Targaryen blonde for women. Score!

Nothing much yet. Still waiting for a better default skin. I like the overlay I have, but I hate overlays and I want something that goes from infant to elder. The overlay I have only goes onto YA and up.

See? How could I not?
    15246647618_f40c1b6122.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    None....too much of a headache in my opinion. I used to with Sims 3 but it caused more trouble than it was worth.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I went on a spree this morning and now I'm up to 62.3 But I add some every day. I look at mts and usually get some new make up. I got a new hair today too. It's fun!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    OMG I jumped to CC default skin, and skin overlays within the first day of having it. Not a fan of the plastic skin.

Default eyes came next (not perfect, but an improvement. Still on the lookout).

A few jean recolours, a couple different hairs. I neeeeded a ligther blonde and someone out there did Targaryen blonde for women. Score!

Nothing much yet. Still waiting for a better default skin. I like the overlay I have, but I hate overlays and I want something that goes from infant to elder. The overlay I have only goes onto YA and up.

See? How could I not?
    15246647618_f40c1b6122.jpg

Which overlay do you use? Thats very nice! I used default replacement skins in Sims 3 - so I'm guessing an overlay is not the same?
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    edited October 2014
    No CC here. No mods, no anything that hasn't come directly from EA/Maxis. I have never, ever used any outside items for computer games and most likely, never will. There are 3 major reasons for this:

1) I don't want to risk my game or, more importantly, my computer. No game is worth that.
    2) I don't want to give EA/Maxis the easy-out of blaming outside influences for anything that goes wrong with the game. Too many folks already use the easy-out "there must be something wrong with your computer". Pffft. No.
    3) It's just not that important to me. Yes, I'd like more items, better hair, yada yada, but it's not that important. See Item 1 above.

That said, I have nothing against modders or CC creators. You all do a wonderful job. I do think you should be paid for it, though. By EA, not by fans.

Edited for spelling and to take the # sign out of the phrase "See Item 1...", because it made it into a link :(.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Very little. Mostly mods to correct gameplay issues. I don't go for any CC that isn't "Maxis match"--and stuff like that is harder to find amongst all the ugly (imo) phototextured clothing and straw hair.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I actually just deleted all my CC and mods. so back to zero
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options

Why?
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Zero. I never use CC. No Mods either.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    I'm really surprised how many people play without mods or CC. Yes some of its ugly, I totally admit that (which is why I clean up my folder after seeing it ingame) but some of it feels almost needed.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited October 2014
    Non and i try not to use any, but well maybe in the future. I like ya girl really nice looking looks like a Pixar/Disney Princess :p
    @OP
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    edited October 2014
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Why?

Trying to pinpoint the reason my game is all of a sudden crashing and freezing. i didn't "delete" the CC, more moved it. I'm going to put it back in one at a time, including the mods to see what is causing it. or just after 80 plus hours of game play my game decided to start messing up for no reason.. so in total i have 300, but that includes 4 mods
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    eSuperboieSuperboi Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2014
    Mods: 11
    Clothes: 11
    Tattoos: 5
    Makeup: 2
    LAANfKp.jpg
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I haven't used any. I don't use custom content, mods, or any of that stuff. I know a lot of people do. Just not my thing.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I have 10 mods and 3pcs of CC. My game kept crashing with CC in so I got the ones that was made as overrides of the EA CAS parts and some eye replacements. So far, no crashes for a week but I want the pretties. I am so sad right now.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I have a few. I'm sure that I'll be getting more clothing and some hair as time goes on. IMO, there just isn't enough base-game stuff (at least, that I really like) and there's also the matter of needing recolors due to the lack of color wheel. I'm fairly picky though, and right now, I'm mostly waiting for people to get more used to the TS4 format and develop some new meshes and better-looking items.

I may fiddle around with doing some recolors myself. Did two of the ones I currently have installed. I really need to learn a bit more about transparencies.

My breakdown: 35 items total

27 Clothing
    8 Mods
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Currently 4 Mod's to fix what needs to be fixed. No CC
    :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Considering I only play Sims 3 cc recolors aren't really needed and they're the only reason I would get cc anyways.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I'm really surprised how many people play without mods or CC. Yes some of its ugly, I totally admit that (which is why I clean up my folder after seeing it ingame) but some of it feels almost needed.

I use absolutely none, for two reasons:

1. I got burned by CC in Sims 3, where it messed up a lot of things (especially people mislabeling outfits, so that say a skimpy bikini also was labeled as evening wear or winter wear, and that meant random strangers were wearing it at wedding parties and whatnot).
    2. I have not felt the need to. I love the Sims default look in this game, and adding "realistic" CC to it only makes it look Uncanny Valley and plum ugly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    I got 6 cas items (eyes and hair color) and 12 mods.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I have few CCs and few mods

Mods:
    1- Lighting mod (Cant stand the game's indoor lighting)
    2- Relationship mod: Without it my sims friendship can never last long. There is a bug where sims lose the friendship and romance relations fast. It has not been addresses yet in a patch

CC:
    I have few makeup, one dress and few high heels.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have few CCs and few mods

Mods:
    1- Lighting mod (Cant stand the game's indoor lighting)

I am curious about the hardware setup for people who have this problem. I have no CC, and i have had to REMOVE lights in certain rooms on premade houses / houses from the gallery because it is TOO bright.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    I have none yet, but to be honest I haven't really looked for any. I did have nailpolish in the demo. I might try to find it again.