Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

Comments

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    XsIGsTw.jpg lol
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    As of right now I have 250 mb in Mods folder...this is mods and cc. I honestly thought I had much more. Now I need to go shopping, lol. :D

Ah geez. I have over 300 mb, and that's just cc. I have no mods. Smile-hiding.gif
  • Options
    Sammy58Sammy58 Posts: 42 Member
    995 files in 78 folders lol. 860 MB.

My Sims 2 is another story. 10,000 downloads/3gb. :|
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Personally I'm still trying to find a decent default replacement skin...I wish Navetsea would come back and do a S4 skin...

I have yet to find a decently shaded Sims 4 skin...

I'm also using a lot less game mods vs recolors...because I hate having to recheck everything with each new patch. Recolors are usually fairly "safe" except when they add more colors to an object via a patch - that I have recolors for lol...
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited December 2014
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Personally I'm still trying to find a decent default replacement skin...I wish Navetsea would come back and do a S4 skin...

I have yet to find a decently shaded Sims 4 skin...

I'm also using a lot less game mods vs recolors...because I hate having to recheck everything with each new patch. Recolors are usually fairly "safe" except when they add more colors to an object via a patch - that I have recolors for lol...

I really liked Ms Blue's Beauty Skin

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/beauty-skin/id/1265989/

with S-Club's Facemask 2.0

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/s-club-wmll-thesims4-facemask-2.0/id/1271719/

CaraGrayunderwear_zps01363851.png

for guys, I use the S-Club BASSIS 2.0

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/S-Club/downloads/details/category/sims4-skintones/title/s-club-wmll-thesims4-bassis-skintones2.0/id/1268973/

BryantHuntley_zps9ba94e4c.png
  • Options
    Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    I never understood why some people dont like CC if you dont just download random stuff its really AMAZING like how can you not LOVE IT!
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    None
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    The snow cc that I made isn't ugly. *sheds a single tear*
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    zero. I keep my game as pure as possible. I rarely have glitches and do not want to introduce something that might increase the possibility of them. Since 1 Septembre, I've had one glitch. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'd like to keep it running that way.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Only some Christmas CC (which is better than EA gave us), but it get deleted right after the holidays.
  • Options
    AdrianoFoxAdrianoFox Posts: 47 Member
    Not much. I don't want to cause any problems in my game, so I'm trying to be very selective when it comes to CC
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Its too bad the CC skins contrast so heavily against the lower resolution clothing textures...for me I really notice it at least.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    541 files so far and adding more every day. So far, mostly recolours of Maxis content (especially walls and rugs) which I would not need if we had CASt, but an increasing amount of original content too, now that the creators are really starting to get the hang of things. A few script mods and overrides, but not much. Actually, I have worked out that I spend more time trawling for CC than I do actually playing the game. Is that a good or a bad thing? You decide.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Only 4MB because if I start downloading all kinds of CC I won't play with my sims I'd just keep making them :smiley:
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have a few mods installed and pile of CC installed and had no problems at all with stability. I restarted the game this morning (GMT), after downloading some shoes and the disable grunge mod. Previous to that, my game has been running for 3 straight days and not a hiccup. I often run the game for days at a time and not once had an issue.

Installing and removing mods in this game is sooooooooo easy, I couldn't imagine playing without them.

I tend to only install stuff that is in keeping with game (IMO, anyway).

Some mods actually fix the game to be more playable. The reduced townie mod actually makes bartenders work again.

Another mod which I think is essential is the daily save mod, that creates backup saves as I play.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Zero. I don't trust CC or Mods, tbh. Who knows what they could bring into my computer/game.
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Let me calculate hmm hmm hmmm, *points at a lot of things like a genius sim* Zero.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Zero. I used to hoard CC for fun with TS1, TS2 and TS3 but I just haven't felt the desire to do that this time. In fact I haven't even thought about looking for CC.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    CC I am sketchy with.

But sweet baby Jesus, I cannot live without mods. Mods offer my something the game does not. Fixes & fine tuning, which creates a complete gaming experience for me.

Which is odd... in TS2 I never needed or used mods. Then cam TS3... and now 4.

*shrug*
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Only just over 700MB, mods included. I don't really play the game, I just collect and test CC for when the game finally works properly.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    None (*)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    stcarnamedwantstcarnamedwant Posts: 86 Member
    None yet. Not sure if I will ever use CC in TS4, but I did have quite a bit for TS1 ages ago.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I have too much tbh, I can't get a real number since I'm not on the computer.
    I need to clean out what I don't use. Fortunately I'm not seeing a difference in performance, even on high settings. My load and save times are still 3-5 seconds.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I used lots of CC in The Sims. So much it made the game buggy and crashy and some of the stuff I got made CAS crash-to-desktop. I used no mods or custom content in TS2 and love it. I used lots of mods to try to make TS3 play more like TS2, til I got tired of updating my mods every few months and just settled for TS3 the way it was meant to be played

Now I'm back to no mods or CC in TS4
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    I have quite a lot, but my sims aren't fake looking or unrealistic because I hate that too. The only CAS CC I have are clothes, sims 4 style hair, nail polish, and 3D lashes by kijik.