Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

Comments

• Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Currently I'm running a few mods. My CC is limited to a couple eyebrow, facial hair, lipstick cc. I'm a hair addict, but there hasn't been a lot of hair yet. I am not looking forward to my old TS2 days where not only did you need to DL hair meshes, you had to DL colors and recolors and different shades because you couldn't make your own. Same with clothes. I don't want 50 copies of the same shirt, thanks. I especially don't want 50 copies of the same shirt that came with the base game even if they're in different colors.

I predict a lot of people will wind up with clogged mods folders as time goes on and more CC comes out. Now they won't be DL-ing just new meshes; they'll be DL-ing colors they like so they can make clothing usable for them. The biggies for me were always build/buy and hair and clothing on new meshes. But with no color wheel, we'll need to DL more than one copy of an item if we want variety.

I have sucessfuly merged all my reclours in one file with S4PE after checking they worked and did not affect my game.
    I like maxis match as it stays true to the game.
    I have downloaded default eyes only one set as I have for all the sims games. I usualy keep away from Hairs as they never look good in the game.
    And today I found carpet recolours on MTS.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Right now I have 64.8 MB of CC: 11 mods and 72 packages files. This is a pretty slow start for me considering I currently have 3.1 GB for TS3 after a major culling of stuff I don't use.

@NightmareCandle: Thanks for the links. The Braid Ponytail Edit from SimSticle is going in my game right now.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    the game is too young/new for CC or mods to be trustworthily tested and true'd enough. run a very high risk using it yet.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    None, I think the game is bloated as it is. It is already running over One million k for just a base game, just think how many kilobytes it will use when an EP or premium content gets added. I don't need those sort of problems because right now it's using more than 65% memory. And that's on a 64bit machine with a HD video card with it's one 1GB memory, and 3.2 GHZ processors. True I only have 4GBs of DDR3 RAM but I shouldn't have to buy the bank for this game which is not exactly TS3 standard graphics. Then add in the Origin32.exe is using it's 20% of CPU in the background, even while minimized, it causes lag if I want to open a browser and or do anything even while both are minimized.

It's a CPU hog already.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    First OP, I want to say I think that the dress is beautiful
    But I do not use CC or MOD and never have.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Using FtM and MtF hair conversions, and some hair mesh edits that try to stick to the game's art style. :)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    So after some organizing and checking each of my CC in game I cut my collection down to 98 pieces!

So far no problems.

A lot of people here are concerned that CC will damaged/cause issues with their games. Besides mods that tune game files, I'm not really sure how recolors of dresses or hairs would cause any problems....I certainly have not had any.

I don't really have any content that adds "new" items into the game either - except for some shoes.
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    No cc for me.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Not much so far, but I have a lot bookmarked.

Some makeup to add a touch of natural looking eyelashes. It's hard to see here.
    09-21-14_6-32nbspPM-2.png

A mod to get rid of that depth of field effect. I later replaced it with one that had a little of the effect, but further in the background .
    09-05-14_8-12nbspAM-2.png

Eyes that add more detail to the iris.
    09-21-14_12-20nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited October 2014
    Love it, I only have about 12 mb, so far. :D

*waves @ Darkling*
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    Only 100 MB. :#
  • Options
    MaximusTimeMaximusTime Posts: 25 New Member
    A LOT! lol
  • Options
    NevisHeavenNevisHeaven Posts: 39 Member
    None.

I used to have a lot of CC for Sims 3 though, but learned my lesson. It only slowed down my game and in the end I didn't even use half of the stuff. I'm the type to go completely overboard with downloading CC, avoiding it at any cost this time. :#
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    Only 3 mods.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    none..
  • Options
    flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
    I usually add CC like crazy but I haven't yet. I'm not usually into adding mods unless I REALLY can't live with something, mainly just CAS objects and build/buy stuff.

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I have 124 items of CC, and 2 mods. For me, I always use CC. Not because I don't like what they offered, but because I'm greedy and impatient so I just want more content. Plus it's free and who doesn't like free stuff?

To the people that think CC/Mods break your game, it's really just a myth. If anything they enhance your game! It can only mess up your game if you install it wrong, which is nearly impossible to do now since all you have to do is place the file in the already given 'Mods' folder. I have around 500 pieces of CC for TS2, and 1 mod (Teen Pregnancy), and then I have over 300 pieces of CC for TS3, along with 4 core mods (Overwatch, MasterController, Woohooer, and Decensor). Trust me, the CC junkie, when I say CC/Mods are safe!
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    Mods are now considered CC? I always thought CC was custom content which meant things like hair, clothing, shoes? Interesting.

I have mods but I do not have CC as the way it was defined in Sims 3. I don't agree that CC is perfectly safe, I actually think it can and does break games. Demon doll, anybody? What about the counters from heck? All CC. Plus, I've yet to install ANY CC that looks the same way the person who made it shows it does (which was why it was promptly removed and I stopped even looking at it for now).

I do miss CC, I had tons in Sims 3, I think the game is still too new and that CC makers are still finding their way. I also think that trying to use Sims 3 or Sims 2 style CC on Sims 4 just doesn't look right. Hyper realistic on Pixar/Disney looking games is a bit jarring, in my opinion.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Mods are now considered CC? I always thought CC was custom content which meant things like hair, clothing, shoes? Interesting.

I have mods but I do not have CC as the way it was defined in Sims 3. I don't agree that CC is perfectly safe, I actually think it can and does break games. Demon doll, anybody? What about the counters from heck? All CC. Plus, I've yet to install ANY CC that looks the same way the person who made it shows it does.

I do miss CC, I had tons in Sims 3, I think the game is still too new and that CC makers are still finding their way. I also think that trying to use Sims 3 or Sims 2 style CC on Sims 4 just doesn't look right. Hyper realistic on Pixar/Disney looking games is a bit jarring, in my opinion.

I think some people consider anything non-EA "custom content".
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I have mods but I do not have CC as the way it was defined in Sims 3. I don't agree that CC is perfectly safe, I actually think it can and does break games. Demon doll, anybody? What about the counters from heck? All CC. Plus, I've yet to install ANY CC that looks the same way the person who made it shows it does (which was why it was promptly removed and I stopped even looking at it for now).
    The demon doll was awful! So hard to get out of the game too. It was like a virus. It infected one person, but it wouldn't show up in the downloads tab, so you had no idea if your were infected. Then people would upload to the exchange with their infection, and BAM it spread like wildfire. Same goes for the counters. I was plagued with both sadly but they were both from The Sims Resource, which is like russian roulette for downloading CC; you never know what you're gonna get. That being said MTS is a great place for CC. CC is 100% safe if it's from a trustworthy website. Sketch TSR has been know to give people bad CC.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    kirby356 wrote: »
    The demon doll was awful! So hard to get out of the game too. It was like a virus. It infected one person, but it wouldn't show up in the downloads tab, so you had no idea if your were infected. Then people would upload to the exchange with their infection, and BAM it spread like wildfire. Same goes for the counters. I was plagued with both sadly but they were both from The Sims Resource, which is like russian roulette for downloading CC; you never know what you're gonna get. That being said MTS is a great place for CC. CC is 100% safe if it's from a trustworthy website. Sketch TSR has been know to give people bad CC.

LOL....I wish I could both like and LOL your comment since it made me do both.

TSR is OK IF (yes huge if) you stick to the well known creators. I'd be super careful around the new ones, also......adblock is a must for that site. MTS is a very good place to get mods, not so sure about CC since I've never gotten any from there.

The one very good thing about Sims 4 (that I think we can all agree upon) is that the chance of another demon doll outbreak is very slim. You have to pretty much infect yourself by putting the item into your mods folder since it does not transfer from the gallery. The bad thing is.....it does not transfer from the gallery....lol....so I've seen a bunch of posts talking about what you see is not what you get now with so many Sims and Lots containing CC but the creator not mentioning it in the description.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I have quite a bit, and would find this very boring if I didn't have it.
  • Options
    GreenDayBowserGreenDayBowser Posts: 59 Member
    I used a lot in 3 (skin, eyes, clothes, hair etc.) but not to the extent of some of those crazy simmers with all this HD realistic everything...I was never that bad...in 4 I have a lot of recolors of clothes I love and hair...most of the new meshes I have are earrings and hair too...
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @bshag4lv: Hi, Sweetie! :) Hope you're having a great weekend. After a wretched week at work (say that three times fast) I'm going to indulge in an all day horror movie marathon--and then plays sims all night because I can't sleep! LOL!

*hugs*

@CK213: While I've downloaded a fair amount of CAS items (clothing, FTM hair conversions and tattoos), I'm having to really scrutinize the makeup I put in game. It can be a challenge to find lipstick and eyeshadow sets that contain enough shades to match all skintones. I'm trying to show some restraint with my CC collecting and I've had to pass up some really nice makeup just because they weren't multifunctional enough.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2014
    -snip-
    (need delete button for realizing you read something wrong after the fact <.<)
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄