Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
edited December 2014 in General Mods Discussion
So since the game came out I've been adding CC that I really like, removing some here and there, added a bunch of stuff today and I now have 98* pieces off CC in my mods folder (according to a right click anyway...)

My CC collecting started when I first found Elsa's dress from Frozen...then I found her hair braid (not shown):

el1_zps8cbfc8b3.png

Well, thats how it started for me and just kept going.

I find recolors the most addicting.

How about you?
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    None what so ever. I will never use custom content. I find it quite ugly and unrealistic in my opinion. :P
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    None. CC is the ugliest thing I have seen on sims. I like vanilla content way more.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    None for me, either.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Zero. If I don't use it, it can't mess up my game and EA can't its bugs are caused by CC.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    For the first time...none!
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    None what so ever. I will never use custom content. I find it quite ugly and unrealistic in my opinion. :P

I'd have to agree here. I've found most CC (with some rare exceptions) to just slow things down and clash horrendously with the games' art styles, so I tend to avoid it.

So far I haven't seen anything for TS4 that I felt a need to install.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    MrHotterMrHotter Posts: 49 Member
    I was going to try to avoid CC content so I did not end up with a 10GB+ folder of stuff to load like I did in Sims 3. I broke that rule by getting a mod to try and fix the disappearing families issue. Now I've broken it even further by downloading some sims with custom content and then searching to see if I could add the custom clothes and makeup they used.

I think that CC should be marked on the gallery like expansion packs and bonus items are. If we're not going to get someone that looks like the picture when we add someone to our world it should be easy to know.
    7HKbN5vGdcqZdduM6
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I have about 40 pieces of cc in my game right now. For the first two weeks the game was out I didn't use any cc at all, because I wanted to see how the game played before I started adding cc in there. But then after two weeks I said, "Heck with it," and started using cc. It makes the game more fun for me. It hasn't slowed the game down for me at all so far, but if it ever starts making my game lag, I know how to combine the package files to prevent that.

It won't mess up your game if you 1) get the cc from trustworthy sources and 2) know what you're doing.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Currently I'm running a few mods. My CC is limited to a couple eyebrow, facial hair, lipstick cc. I'm a hair addict, but there hasn't been a lot of hair yet. I am not looking forward to my old TS2 days where not only did you need to DL hair meshes, you had to DL colors and recolors and different shades because you couldn't make your own. Same with clothes. I don't want 50 copies of the same shirt, thanks. I especially don't want 50 copies of the same shirt that came with the base game even if they're in different colors.

I predict a lot of people will wind up with clogged mods folders as time goes on and more CC comes out. Now they won't be DL-ing just new meshes; they'll be DL-ing colors they like so they can make clothing usable for them. The biggies for me were always build/buy and hair and clothing on new meshes. But with no color wheel, we'll need to DL more than one copy of an item if we want variety.
  • Options
    xxVaynVastxxxxVaynVastxx Posts: 157 Member
    67 :D
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's odd to me that people view CC as "ugly" and "unrealistic" and "prefer vanilla." What are you looking at, T$R? Plenty of CC creators make things that match the vanilla style perfectly, or improve upon it.
    I mean, do you REALLY think stuff like this and this are ugly and don't fit in the game? They complement TS3' style perfectly (even if he used adjust-shine hair and overly-realistic skins)

I have a somewhat sizable collection of CC. See, I'm a very picky person. I think EA did a superb job with the clothing and hair design for TS4 - they're usable and actually cute and flattering, unlike almost everything in TS3, which looks like it came off a high-fashion runway - aka as weird as possible, or with weird quirks that ruin it.
    But, as I'm picky, I don't like more than a few of the things in each category. I need heels that aren't for grandmas and tweens, lipstick that isn't overly detailed but isn't one flat color with/without gloss, and hairs that aren't unflatteringly shaped. This is nearly impossible without CC (save for a few of the hairs and that one sheer lipgloss)

Of course the clothes are great, but I always need more variety. It's definitely necessary, for me, to have some CC hair though. There's only a few hairs that I actually like in-game. I LOVE that people are making more hairs to fit the TS4 style, instead of...well, horrific stuff like Peggyzone did for TS2/3.
    Either way, good CC is hard to come by. Most "creators" are content to photoskin something onto a mesh and call it okay enough to share.

Packages:
    Clothing: 188 (I seriously need to combine a lot of them though, since nobody cares to spend five seconds combining their recolors for people who want most/all of them)
    Makeup: 13 (I only use two of those though...I really need to go through and delete the rest)
    Hair: 27
    Accessories: 9
    Tattoos: 30

I have had very few slow downs, and the only problems I've encountered are clothing/hair CAS icons being all over the place.
    Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I have quite a bit too. 69 MBs. My Sims 3 had 2GBs.

I have always had CC since Sims 1. I am not content with just EA/Maxis stuff. I have not noticed any slow down problem at all in Sims 4 yet. Sims 3 was a different story.

I am also a lover of mods/tweaks. Never had an issue and the game plays how I want it. You can't just download things and figure that's good enough, you do have to go back and make sure there are no updates/fixes especially if the Sims is patched or an expansion.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Where are you people finding all this cc? I haven't seen that much, though like I said earlier I am being choosy this time around. (I will definitely use default skins and eyes once those start appearing.)
  • Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    For the first time, I don't really want custom content. I did download 2 things, some eye colors and eyeliner, but I'm going to be deleting them.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Where are you people finding all this cc? I haven't seen that much, though like I said earlier I am being choosy this time around. (I will definitely use default skins and eyes once those start appearing.)

I browse the s4cc tag on Tumblr, mysims4blog.blogspot.com, and ModTheSims on occasion. I have a bookmark folder I put CC creators I like in so I can check for their new stuff later.

You have to wade through the godawful photoskinning sometimes, but there's a lot of really nice, well-made stuff.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    No cc
  • Options
    jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    for the very first time i also decided not to put any cc or mods in my game because i just want a clean game.i have been tempted to but i am trying not to so EA can't say that cc and mods cause the game to act up if it should.
  • Options
    simmersxxxxxxxsimmersxxxxxxx Posts: 21 New Member
    A lot, up to 50.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2014
    Fifty pieces or so? If I find any mods I like, they're going in there too. And what the heck happened to the font?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have none..........yet
  • Options
    Updated my OP with more "details" lol
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »

I totally disagree, some of the recolors for the Sims 4 - especially for whites and blacks are REALLY needed, I'm not sure how EA defines the color black but I think they got grey and black mixed up...they are NOT the same color. Nor is grey and white...

Plus without a color wheel, it really limits colors in game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    la_lollie wrote: »
    None yet! Any good suggestions?

These are my top creators:
    http://simsnacks.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
    http://sentate.tumblr.com/
    http://thesimsperience.wordpress.com/
    http://dvdsims.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Hairs?&max-results=5 (some are usable...most aren't)
    http://simsticle.tumblr.com/
    and Nina has put out some nice stuff, none of it's my style, but hey.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    None.