Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have in YOUR game?

Comments

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I have around 5 to 6 mods (things like place lamps anywhere, place electronics anywhere and also add the neighborhood plants to build/buy) also have a lot of recolors that I have made myself. Other than that no cc not a fan really.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am up to 163 MBs now and don't really feel like I am into the thick of it yet.
    I have a lot of CC bookmarked.

I add a default replacement grass texture that I love, but wish it was sharper when you are close up on it.
    I have wall and floor textures, a few objects, hair and make up, Jack's tattoo pattern. I will be deleting some of the hair I have as some of them don't work with hats and the quality could be better. The game seems to love putting CC hair on townies, so I really have to be careful of what hair I put in the game.

This is really helping with game immersion for me.
    I don't think I will be fully satisfied until I can get rid of those cartoon clouds.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    None for The Sims 4.

Sims 3 was a horrendous amount of CC, when I had first discovered it I went a little bit too crazy with it. Luckily I deleted all of it.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I am up to 163 MBs now and don't really feel like I am into the thick of it yet.
    I have a lot of CC bookmarked.

I just checked my folder and it's coming up on 2gig.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I caved and got some....as is obvious by my avatar. lol

Eyes, some skins, and some furniture.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    None, I don't feel the game is stable enough at this point to bother installing CC only to have to move it out and back in with every patch and update that comes along. Maybe someday when I get back into the game and its got more to work with. I'm really liking the look of the grass mod and some furniture. But not right now, not with reading about people having to reinstall their game every time they turn around, not with reading about mods out one week being outdated and causing issues the next. I'll wait until it is a little more stable.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    None for me also - as like Jessa - a game in the early stages with CC in the early stages is NOT ever a good match!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    None for me also - as like Jessa - a game in the early stages with CC in the early stages is NOT ever a good match!!!!

I don't think I have anything to lose. :D
    I wouldn't be playing now if i weren't experimenting with how I could shape the game with custom content.

But yeah, for those happy with their game, be careful.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    But yeah, for those happy with it, be careful.
    Careful of what exactly?
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I have not got any yet in TS4. I never used it in TS3 because it would of slowed the game down!! (#openworldproblems) I probably wont because I am lazy and cant deal with having to sort out the CC folder every update.. :\
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    files in the two folders that are for CC are over 250 files. But they also include recolors sometimes
  • Options
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Careful of what exactly?

Well I sounded a little over dramatic. The unexpected, really.
    People should just take care when updating, and also back up their game.

Bad things are more likely to happen when modding a new game.
    Modders are still learning how things work and EA could make unexpected changes that really bork up things good...like this.
    Screenshot-2030.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Careful of what exactly?

I would think that they warn you to be careful seeing modders can be of all different experience levels and as games go not even DEVS always get it right the first time. History of CC or mods gone amuck alone should tell you that even when it rarely happens even the best at what they do can make an error. Add to that a game in a new stage on a brand new game engine with constantly changing code - never mind updates happening the minute one goes on the net or starts the game up - which is always a bad idea if one uses mods. I know if it was me and I used mods - I would remove the mod folder every night after finishing the game for the evening - just in case there was some update we didn't know about because all it take once is for some recoding to be added to your game before you play again and your game gets updated with the old mods in it. Sometimes it does not always go well - even though most times it is as simple as removing the mods - there is always that one time that coding changed enough to make those mods big trouble because the game updated before you were aware it was happening.

If this was like Sims 3 even an innocent little doll CC can turn into a monster and removing the monster from the game alone did not help. In Sims 3 the net was not required and nothing could install patches without you aware. Nowadays much of that is no longer the way it all works. Of course many of us realize we can control how things install and set up our pcs so that can't happen - but not every body knows that or is able to change the settings on the computer they use. Some, even if they knew how, don't know what to do - never mind things to do if the CC or mods suddenly go amuck. With mods and a brand new game - it is always a good idea to tread slowly.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    plum loads of cc. I have over 45 hairs, 20 makeup, and 100+ clothes.
    had some bad cc issues that caused crashing but after removing them, everything is fine.. no slow downs or anything.

i honestly strayed away from cc because i thought it would clash with the game's art style. But the modding community actually did a MARVELOUS JOB.

i mean just look at my gorgeous family;
    11kcwft.png
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    61Dustin61Dustin Posts: 74 Member
    None at all
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I <3 CC!! All together (including items and mods) I've got about 40 and that's just going to keep growing :) Sims 1 was the only game I didn't use any CC at all. I started using CC in sims 2 and ever since have been hooked.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I prefer not to mess with my games. I also don't trust random Internet downloads. I mean, it's probably fine, but I don't want to take the risk.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    I went all CC crazy in TS3. I have just a few pieces right now.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have a lot. Can't be bothered to count. There simply isn't enough hair, clothes.. makeup, and definitely colours, in the standard game, IMO. It isn't just CC for my sims that makes a difference to me, but the rugs, the tiles, wallpaper, etc

I love games that allow mods. I also use the occasional cheat, mainly cas edit to adjust looks, voice, name (I'd be lost without being able to change names to reflect families). I never alter traits with cas, just aesthetics.

I have found this game unbelievably easy to mod - compare with Bethesda games, shudder. I have had no game crashes from CC whatsoever so far - hope I didn't just jinx myself then :/
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    None yet. I'll be getting some at some stage, but I haven't had the time yet.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    As of right now I have 250 mb in Mods folder...this is mods and cc. I honestly thought I had much more. Now I need to go shopping, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have 421 things in my mods folder.

Too lazy to categorize subtypes though.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I made these as they are needed lol http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543581
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    > @steve7859 said:
    > I made these as they are needed lol
    [linky was 'ere)

Mods like this make me happy
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison