Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Curious since I'm not too picky with some of the clothes I have my male and female sims share but that dress is ugly wouldn't use it the actual masculine looking sets I'm much more interested in. I wish it was more jeans or nice midriffs like the one we got in the fashion street kit, I'll find a use for the rest of it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    OK, this is how things work in my brain.

Me: Underwhelmed with new Men’s Wear Kit. No jeans! No Leather!

Reads post about potential for CrazyTownieWear ™

Me: (imagining the potential for skirt/kilts plus some of those wacky tights we have) Oh, that would be fun, but is that any reason to get it?

Malcomb Laandgrab: Yo! Player person! I need those clothes. I think I can rock a skirt with a sharp suit coat! I need more designer clothes, and I want a makeover. Make it happen!

Me: But Malcomb, I don’t like you and you are scheduled to die in the Millionaire Scenario I’m playing. I don’t want to wait till December 2 to finish this game.

Malcomb: Don’t kill me, and let the game continue. I want to be a stylish mobster.

Me: But you just killed your father! Your mother is furious! That’s why she moved out! I think she’s going to kill you.

Mortimer and Alexander Goth: Player, we must have those clothes!

Me: But I don’t like you guys! Plus, Alexander, I thought you were going to emulate your buddy, Malcomb, by murdering your father!

Mortimer: Wait – what?

Alexander: I can’t do it in these clothes, I need something new and fresh!

Mortimer: WHAT?

Malcomb: Maybe I’m not really the villain of the piece. Maybe DAD is! It would fit in with the storyline about Mom and Bella Goth’s brother having a long lost daughter, Nikita the thief!

Me: But – oh, wow, what a great idea – but I’ve already killed him! Nancy has his tombstone!

Malcomb: It wasn’t him. He faked his death.

Me: And what about you standing over the piranha pond, making it rain while Grim reaped your father?

Malcomb: He’s a pig and he made Mom give up her little girl. Isn’t thinking he’s dead a reason to celebrate?

Mortimer: What's this about killing me? Alexander –

Malcomb: Not now, Goth, I’m talking to the Player!

Me: Ok, ok, this plotline is too good to ignore. I’ll just have to figure out a way to bring Geoffrey back to life. Maybe he killed the gardener or something in order to make you all think he was dead. Nancy moved out so you guys can try to flush him out. But are you sure you really need those clothes?

Malcomb and Alexander: YES!

Mortimer: Not if it means I’m going to die, no!

Malcomb: Play the game and buy the clothes for later. You know you are going to keep playing the adventures of Nikita the thief. Think of it, I have a half-sister!

Me: Well…

Bob Pancakes: Um, Player –

Me: OK OK, I’ll buy the wretched kit!

MUST HAVE KIT
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    But Who the Turkey is David Rose??

And then I figured This kit is called “Modern Menswear Kit”! And then I realized that….I’m not a modern man.
    I’m no longer a modern man.
    I think I’m a young but very old man. Or a very old young man. Or just an extremely average dude.

Why do they wear that in London? Those knitted tennis skirts/ dresses? Why is that a thing? Is it comfortable?
    Mind you, I wore a kilt or two in my days, but never a miniskirt.

Ok so this kit just triggered my first midlife crisis.
    Can we have cars now? 🥺

You should watch "Schitt's Creek". It will distract you from your midlife crisis and you'll know - and never forget - who David Rose is. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    But Who the Turkey is David Rose??

And then I figured This kit is called “Modern Menswear Kit”! And then I realized that….I’m not a modern man.
    I’m no longer a modern man.
    I think I’m a young but very old man. Or a very old young man. Or just an extremely average dude.

Why do they wear that in London? Those knitted tennis skirts/ dresses? Why is that a thing? Is it comfortable?
    Mind you, I wore a kilt or two in my days, but never a miniskirt.

Ok so this kit just triggered my first midlife crisis.
    Can we have cars now? 🥺

I had to Google David Rose, he's a character from a TV show (who wears a skirt I think?).

Don't worry about being modern, I've been in my eighties since I was eight. Looking forward to a good mystery show in bed with a chamomile tea.

Sorry about your impending midlife crisis. Quick, get @CAPTAIN_NXR7 a kilt and a Ferrari!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    I view this as a niche pack for my feminine male sims but I hope there's something for my masculine male sims too. I've always wanted a menswear pack.

10-17-21-5-53-04-AM.png

Best friends pictured above.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    That’s just it. I might have a few sims that would wear this, but certainly not enough to purchase this kit. We need male kits, but we need general use before niche items.

And that's why it's a kit. Niche items. I rarely play male sims and the one I do hasn't been in CAS for a wardrobe change in a couple of years. 😄 I'm kinda neutral on this kit but I'm sure it will appeal to some.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Sorry about your impending midlife crisis. Quick, get @CAPTAIN_NXR7 a kilt and a Ferrari!

May I recommend roofless car to keep breezy when its summer :relieved:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I've been wanting feminine style clothing to fit masculine frame types for ages. I hope that there are some female style tops/dresses included in this pack which will fit male frames also because currently you have to use the ones which are meant for sims with the female frame type and that will give sims with the masculine frame type the appearance of breasts which isn't what I want when I am trying to dress a sim with a masculine frame type in feminine style clothing.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Unless it's a kilt, my Sim males will never wear a skirt. I will likely not purchase this one.

i think thats the idea. they just don't look much like kilts.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2021
    ^ I just hope whoever is wearing that IRL has very secure underwear on. ETA: the post went poof, but it was a short dress type thing.

I’ve been over here waiting for the momjeans trend to die. It affects me because even the sweatpants I bought threaten to suffocate me. It’s getting worse than I thought if this stuff goes mainstream.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I do like skirts on men, but you know what I like even more in TS4 ? Actual content.

It's been months of visual kits and nothing else and when does it end ?

Is this the final form of TS4 ? Do we no longer get new gameplay, concepts ? Bug fixes ?
    Did you guys fire all the coders and animators, and only the designers and artists are left at EAxis ?

1LZW0qjl.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    I want regular men's fashion. But if we had to go for niche and boundary-pushing, I'd love something less... this. I'd like to see them take cues from the gender**** movement. Or just make clothing that's actually subversive by coating it with very masculine traits. Like for the skirts, add some spikes and mudflap girls. Really rugged, punk-ish jackets with a bra and no shirt. Fishnet tops. Thigh-high boots. Go freaking nuts. It'd be ridiculous and still be super niche, but at least it'd be fun and actually defy expectations a bit.
    Oh I would have loved the heck out of that

and oversized long band t-shirts would fit the nongendered agenda too
    ... its not too late to recolor that tshirt+skirt thingy into one *winkwink*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Hmmm, wonder what's up. :D

4HMCavL.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2021
    Bravo for the Kit, we really need some expetimental male fashion after 7 years of grandfatherish jackets and torn 3/4 jeans. Makes me forget the highly disappointing laundry list.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    See I was about to complain about how I still need more men's jeans and I'm to lazy for CC, but then sweaters.

Ea has appeased my inner sweater gremlin for now. They can live.

Yes my sims wear normal 0peo0ple clothes. Yes it's not just sweaters. I'm definitely not lying.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif