Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    The inspiration.

L4Co9nY.png

MLtDHne.png

U9khFTJ.png

Stefan Cooke Autumn/Winter 2021 Collection
    https://pausemag.co.uk/2021/03/stefan-cooke-autumn-winter-2021-collection/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    edited November 2021
    Stefan Cooke Enters the Metaverse With a Collection for The Sims

Stefan Cooke is shaking up the metaverse monopoly with a new collection for The Sims. For just $4.99, players of The Sims will be able to purchase 23 pieces of the brand’s menswear. The Stefan Cooke pack spans seasons, bringing the label’s holey knits, jeans, and tunics into the virtual world of the game. “What I’m excited about is that it will really be a different customer,” says Cooke, who designs his namesake brand with Jake Burt. “It will be really interesting to see the reaction of people who are not in fashion. Will the collection change their minds about menswear? Will they try it out?”

Stefan Cooke’s venture into virtual isn’t only notable because it’s an independent British brand staking a claim in the metaverse, but because the brand continuously pushes the boundaries of what menswear can be, showing skirts, knee-high boots, and elegant blouses on the runway alongside classic tailoring. “I think that’s why The Sims wanted to partner with us,” says Burt. “It is committed to offering a more forward-thinking idea of menswear and defying norms.”

Turning the IRL into the URL came with design challenges. The Stefan Cooke team met with designers at The Sims biweekly for almost a year, fine-tuning the details and hand-painting textures so that its crocheted sweaters and miniskirts look as true to life as possible. When Cooke and Burt showed up at an early meeting with ideas for show stopping, over-the-top looks, they were surprised to learn that The Sims players want “wearable” garments—yes even for their virtual selves. “We picked the craziest stuff because we thought players would want to wear showpieces,” explains Burt, “but hearing that Sims players could have hold-ups about wearing something too dramatic in the game, I realized that mindset of our physical customers applies to the game too. People want to feel comfortable and like themselves.”

The expanded reach of The Sims—the game boasts 30 million players—will bring awareness to the young designers and their work, but the partnership isn’t just a marketing exercise. To Cooke and Burt it’s a way to connect with a new generation of fashion lovers and customers. “Seeing a customer engaging with the brand and wearing the brand who maybe couldn’t afford it before—I think that’s really exciting,” says Burt.

“I think this is where fashion is going, really,” adds Cooke. “Customers are everywhere; you just have to make sure that you’re appealing to as many different ones as possible. I hope that the future will be full of cool 13-year-olds in Stefan Cooke!”

https://www.vogue.com/article/stefan-cooke-the-sims

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    If you give me a London EP, I might.....might give you my 5 bucks for this kit. My sim has settled down in HOB, this kit is too modern for living on a farm :D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well, this was definitely not to my liking. I thought "more men's clothes, neat" but I have actually never seen anyone dress like this. Also... maybe it should be localized? Because no Gen Z or Millenial guy I know dresses baggy, at all. Where is the designer from?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Eh, there are a few pieces from the preview pics that I could use. I'll know better once I can see all the items and determine if they're separate tops and bottoms, or full body outfits. I'm hoping for separates.

I was hoping for something that either was more basic and unisex (Jeans and Ts, The basic wear of my life) or pushed the envelope a little harder, but from what I've seen I don't think the kit is bad, just a little (okay, a lot) bland
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Thanks for that last post simgirl1010, I hadn't read that one before.

“It will be really interesting to see the reaction of people who are not in fashion. Will the collection change their minds about menswear? Will they try it out?” This one had me laughing and snorting :D

"I hope that the future will be full of cool 13-year-olds in Stefan Cooke!" And there we have it, the intended/expected/desired? demographic for this game. /sigh :(

Funny tho... gender aside, 13 year old of any gender in micro skirts might be... controversial. Also school girl uniforms
    really IS a very regional thing, most of the world does not have school uniforms.

On top of that of course is enforcing bad women's fashion trends on men (aka very short skirts with bare legs for autumn and winter??)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My first thought was this is good news for those wanting more male fashion. And then I saw the skirts.

What is strange to me is why this is released in a game where we can already remove male and female tags. The sims 4 is more flexible than any previous version when it comes to dressing males in female clothing and this can be done without mods/cc. So those who really need skirts for men, are probably already dressing them this way.
    Brace yourselves. The randomly-generated townies are about to get SERIOUS.

And that is the reason why I am not getting this one. Less chance of random male Sims spawning in skirts. I want masculine male sims in my game. No offence to those who do like this type of content. It's personal preference, in my opinion
    The skirts are not the only things in the pack. I'm interested enough to want to see the whole lineup before deciding to buy it or not.

Granted, the first thing I thought of was the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. :D

I was also reminded of star trek the next generation.

Let's see the rest of the items before I make up my mind.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I was exciting for a whole few seconds thanks Sims team for nothing always a disappointment.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2021
    I love it very much. Trousers are not for males only. Skirts are not for females only. Wearing pants does not make you manly. Wearing skirts won't make you less manly. I hate macho attitude so much.
    I am a big fan of skirts for men. In Czechia there is a brand called Kiltorys - freedom for a sack. I love that playful name (it's not a typo) and the slogan too.

The only thing I am a little bit disappointed about is that so far it seems like there are not much skirts. I honestly wish this particular theme would be in a stuff pack instead. That way there wouldn't be any gameplay objects but rather more SKIRTS! And boots!

A man + a skirt + boots = <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    That was... an interesting revelation for me. I went from "I wish they'd go back to making things other than kits" to "Men's fashion? I might just buy my first kit after all" to "Forget it, just another misunderstanding between players and developers" within two minutes or so.

Calling this a "skirts for men" kit might be pushing it, since only two of the outfits I've seen so far look distinctly feminine to me, but then again, I don't expect a little kit to come with a truckload of new assets, so two women's outfits in a men's fashion pack might already be too many. I've never seen (what I believed to be) a man walk around in such clothes in real life, and I don't intend on putting them on my male sims, which is why I will probably pass on this one, too.

Too bad, because I actually like the full-body denim outfit.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    WvMISKAvW wrote: »
    No, No and NO.

A man in a Kilt is One Thing, but in a Feminine skirt? No Thanks.

And while we're talking, since those who wish their men in skirts can already do so in CAS, why did we need an entire Kit of Feminine/Feminized Clothing for MEN when we've been asking for Actual/Stereotypical/Masculine/Male Clothing?

As for this kit? I'll definitely Pass - even if it were FREE, I would NOT download this Kit.

Just my .02. ;)

Yeah same here.. Maybe im too old to like this.. Or maybe I dont have a open mind.. Idk.. If I had this kit I would use it on females because I think the clothes are kinda cute
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/