To read the January 21st Inside Maxis Sims 411 Recap, click here
January 21st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

1141516171820...Next

Comments

  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 783 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've always thought that skirts on men were given up as most men don't look good in them with their spindly legs. They might have been ok in the days that men worked hard for their living as labourers or farm workers and got the muscles to go with them! Tartan kilts are ok as they are worn with very thick socks to below the knee. I don't see the designs ever catching on much again.

    Higher heels were used by military horsemen to keep their feet in the stirrups, Louis the fourteenth to look taller and anybody in a higher rank who didn't have to work for that living! A status symbol.

    TBH I find many men happen to have nice legs (that don't nearly get the proper opportunity to show off) and can look really fantastic in either short shorts or skirts.

    I remember somewhere watching this one video of this dude putting on a dress for laughs but ended up super hyped/surprised at how good he looked in it and honestly it was super cute.

    Fashions come and go depending in the culture. There were times + places where men wore skirts, dresses, gowns, robes or tunics that were dangerously close to dress-like. Its constantly changing.

    That's the trouble with today, nobody comes home from a hard day's warring & swishes about their castle in a fabulous bliaut anymore.

    Yes! I want my guys to swish about the castle! Or stamp about like angry cavemen, if they so desire (skirted or not). I really like drama, these days. I'm really looking forward to Vlad dropping by in one or the other of his cute new outfits.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,714 Member
    edited December 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    Then again there were simple times when humans didn't even care about clothing. Must have been nice then.

    Nice? Unless famines were enjoyable and being rather poor was a total hoot.
    No matter how far back we go in history, most Ho-Ho* Sapiens who could afford something to look good and trendy in would invest in it immediately. To many folks fashion equals status because a level of status demands respect.

    Back in cave man days:

    “Ugg, I’m the guy who killed the bear, now I’m wearing it, so don’t mess with me. Bring me berries instead, you little scallywag .” that kinda thing.

    Does any one remember being a kid, and all your classmates wore Nike and you didn’t, because there were too many in the family to be wearing expensive fancy brands like Nike so it was going to be either a pair of sensible runners that cost about $10 or an odd pair of hand-me-downs? Being a kid, that really 🪠ed, because all the cool people and kids in the movies and on the tv ads wore Nike. As a wee rascal you don’t really appreciate the fact that you get to go to school in the first place, all most kids want is to be cool. Too cool for school. (School’s a joke anyway. I’ve forgotten everything they tried to teach me 😒. Now I’m just cool. That’s a lie. I’m still in school. 🤦🏻‍♂️)

    Perhaps the 13 year old boys who play this game are mighty influenced by the style in Modern Menswear Kit and all they want to do now is wear knit sweaters on miniskirts.
    Good for them. Good for them boys. ❤️

    *Edit: a scientific term was censored on me…🤷🏻‍♂️

    Coming from a very poor family, mum a widow with 4 of us, I was grateful that I had a school uniform where we had to wear all the same kit. My older brother managed to get to a boarding school where they wore black knee breeches, yellow socks, white cravats and shirts and long black coats to the ankles and proud of it!

    I want my men to have proper kilts. I ruined CAS and my laptop in Sims 3 putting all the plaid designs I could find in it but if we had them in Sims 4 perhaps we could have a storyline of a battle between clans!

    I agree that some men have beautiful legs, very straight, not like women's so don't look quite the same from behind, seen in a short skirt. Maybe they're the ones who should be wearing them and women the trousers?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 783 Member
    Proper kilts would be fantastic. I'm considering these new fashions as 'mini kilts.' I still can't get over the name for man skirts - mirt. A name like that just makes me chuckle.

    Caleb Vatore, in particular, looks great in his new fashions.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 807 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Proper kilts would be fantastic. I'm considering these new fashions as 'mini kilts.' I still can't get over the name for man skirts - mirt. A name like that just makes me chuckle.

    Caleb Vatore, in particular, looks great in his new fashions.

    Caleb looks good in everything.

  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 13,391 Member
    I think I really am gonna have to cave and buy this kit. I wanna dress some of my guys in mini mirts 😄
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,512 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

    I agree that some men have beautiful legs, very straight, not like women's so don't look quite the same from behind, seen in a short skirt. Maybe they're the ones who should be wearing them and women the trousers?

    I've always thought it was weird that men are often expected to wear pants and women are often expected to wear skirts, given that a man's body doesn't part in the middle quite as neatly as a woman's does, if you know what I mean. By the same line of reasoning, it also seems weird to me that the bar on men's bicycles is so much higher than the bar on women's bicycles. Poor men!

    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    While I have no fondness for kits, this one could have tempted me, had it been more stylish.

    I have no problem with skirts for men, I want them in my game. But not the skirts this pack includes. They look tacky.

    I'd prefer more length, and some pockets
    New-Punk-Rave-Gothic-Rock-Mens-Fashion-Skirt-Pants-Cargo-Kera-Emo-L-XL-XXL-3XL.jpg


    Or more, more length, chains and pockets
    Men-Gothic-Long-Skirt-Punk-Rock-Maxi-Kilt-1000x1000.jpg


    Or skirts for the office.
    EkpCDBRUcAASJI3.jpg

    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,183 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    While I have no fondness for kits, this one could have tempted me, had it been more stylish.

    I have no problem with skirts for men, I want them in my game. But not the skirts this pack includes. They look tacky.

    I'd prefer more length, and some pockets
    New-Punk-Rave-Gothic-Rock-Mens-Fashion-Skirt-Pants-Cargo-Kera-Emo-L-XL-XXL-3XL.jpg


    Or more, more length, chains and pockets
    Men-Gothic-Long-Skirt-Punk-Rock-Maxi-Kilt-1000x1000.jpg


    Or skirts for the office.
    EkpCDBRUcAASJI3.jpg

    Mark Bryan has such amaaaaazing legs.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 13,391 Member
    @Movotti that kilt is gorgeous! And I really love the long skirt, it reminds me of a samurai skirt.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 4,261 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

    I agree that some men have beautiful legs, very straight, not like women's so don't look quite the same from behind, seen in a short skirt. Maybe they're the ones who should be wearing them and women the trousers?

    I've always thought it was weird that men are often expected to wear pants and women are often expected to wear skirts, given that a man's body doesn't part in the middle quite as neatly as a woman's does, if you know what I mean. By the same line of reasoning, it also seems weird to me that the bar on men's bicycles is so much higher than the bar on women's bicycles. Poor men!

    I think it's fortunate that men are expected to wear pants and not short skirts seeing how they like to manspread. :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 13,391 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think it's fortunate that men are expected to wear pants and not short skirts seeing how they like to manspread. :lol:
    Haha, it's not just men who like to manspread. I generally like sitting cross legged (as in, how we used to sit on the floor at school as kids) so I wear trousers.

    Some men do have great legs for skirts, but I really don't know why anyone would choose to wear shoes-of-evil (heeled court shoes), they are not comfy and they make your feet stink if you wear them too long :D

    Something like this is much better IMO. I wear these types of boots if I wear a skirt anywhere above the knee.

    Screenshot%202021-12-11%20191909.png?dl=0

  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 4,261 Member
    Something like this is much better IMO. I wear these types of boots if I wear a skirt anywhere above the knee.

    Screenshot%202021-12-11%20191909.png?dl=0

    I don't know what his story is but he does have good eye for female style and fashion.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

    Screenshot%202021-12-11%20191909.png?dl=0

    I don't know what his story is but he does have good eye for female style and fashion.

    I know what his story is. Dude just swallowed his personal assistant.


    Make that plural. 😱
    EkpCDBRUcAASJI3.jpg


    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,714 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

    Screenshot%202021-12-11%20191909.png?dl=0

    I don't know what his story is but he does have good eye for female style and fashion.

    I know what his story is. Dude just swallowed his personal assistant.


    Make that plural. 😱
    EkpCDBRUcAASJI3.jpg


    I like the masculine longer skirts, not so much the knee length ones. It could be horse riding that forced men into hose or trousers as those long skirts would hamper men in war and could be pulled to unhorse or pull/trip them up on the ground. They'd be heavy to walk in as well so you'd only want them to dress up in as a rich, idle male. I remember heavy wool, knee length skirt/coats getting wet, hitting against and making my knees sore when I was walking a long way to and from school. These are new fashions for modern car using men.

    Those pictures certainly shown the difference between men and women's legs for me. No knock knees for a start and difference in the way the ankle bends when posing. Makes them faster runners!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 90,216 Member
    I will soon be posting some pictures.
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I would have been happy if they just made the existing tee shirts for male Sims longer. I don't know any guy who wears untucked tee shirts that stop right at the waistband of his jeans. Almost every tee shirt for males in the game does that. Nothing in this kit tempts me to buy it. Too many of the clothes for male Sims are already "out there" and a lot of the more "traditional" clothes don't fit well and look strange. They don't fit well in the shoulders or they don't hang right on the torso. And there are very few full length jeans that aren't covered in zippers or patterns or rips or whatever. Just give me some plain denim full length jeans and some loose tee shirts that end a couple inches below the waistband and my Sims and I will be very happy.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,872 Member
    I still think of the Kit as a Womenswear. ;)
  • BerryCHUBerryCHU Posts: 18 Member
    Wasn't it just a guy's heart dressed in women's clothes?... ;)
    02C1fKDh3FSs69MzLh-eZXViv8bj8q9kBZJPIX1zko3f5gpvg24gINbr-TIjGP2xvGTChuEwU6xbXzGppd6df9MHVLzji5UkiZ9aD35m5OTsRhx9n1GsQvp3-tHaWyeXoYmgC-WNUtDUvZj6S_lmAsi3Hyi_AwPDwQPqwHnAtRLre-Y7uA80S9Orz6nxPMPN5fET4iWyqrVrwUhrVdE_Y9sHc4dnf70q9oAO5PAHeakvKQBrqNiB-TVlpEm1f2jOaf_LajJtGklkQq0stVEu7Mbt89RbF4BeO0MRUGa22Tl-fIi05PuO06hugFeatDVcFWF4foUCiMB7gqvFTrXypNY-qFxRsan6iXaJtiy2UK7KGgdt6tIfWIkxC8TXF83twI6C8Em-RfMqKby-I2RgaawZUvCBdCt_pHYmGcLgnzXkl6CKt6ozHcyhlej8277MOevjGJbkZca6rcH3vfo4Bd7i5JjE67RGUum0oa6_2f7Mja-Luf0nZCQCVVPgtbLmyOcuBMsD-ymVcjQdRmHdG4RLOSd-2xO9kSVQpQfDaBZn47EfIxOa2Saqlf8_Ay6fEtkfsWNrG21W8HUkQd8C4LWPsGSXeADiuDyAQ15wC827nZvb0wqaZdcSQQcwgjfIjuX5S1q_2pN5WAAtK_mGwyCqdzkp9MivL7Stypc0r4rvV6nWTdYsp9IE2Us6OxgC0giNRWiemKSMiyKVApcYSYs=w545-h260-no?authuser=0
    Origin ID: cw5252
    My Blog: https://blog.naver.com/c_walker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top