Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All that looks like what is in TS2. Are we sure this isn't a pic from TS2 (build mode items) lol? I didn't like it then and still don't like it. Already have it in TS2. Same (brownish) floor tile in TS2 looks familiar. :o:/ Around the same type pool built in a premade lot in TS2. Wait, same green wall paint in paint in TS2.

Yeah, it looks somewhat similar. One thing tho, this is not TS2. If i want my sims, in this game , to have a house what uses that kind of B/B , it does not comfort me that "I already have it in TS2" ..

if anything it being similar to ts2 is pro in my book

I was thinking I could maybe use it to build my TS4 Olive a new house :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Hopefully they will consider putting some more earthy, darker swatches. All these swatches with vibrant colors for every single object make my game look more like a comic book.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I love the style and hope we get more round it out. I can’t build but this might be my first kit purchase.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2021
    Same thing about the table ... just they cut the 4 corners :p
    Onverser wrote: »
    Although I'm excited for the theme I'm kind of disappointed that there's not much there? Like in terms of actual home furniture you get a couch, a chair, a coffee table and a plant...

Also is it just me or does the couch look basically the same as the Movie Hangout one? It looks like they just remeshed the back and sides, moved the cushions around a bit and called it a new item

couch.pngg

• Options
    edited May 2021

Hopefully they will consider putting some more earthy, darker swatches. All these swatches with vibrant colors for every single object make my game look more like a comic book.

well yes i do wish there is some darker swatches too especially in realm of reds and greens cause that would make the furniture waaaaay more versatile to me

*edit:well i do see some dark green at very least fingers crossed for dark red

pls olive wants it for her Courtyard Oasis full of dead people
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Although I'm excited for the theme I'm kind of disappointed that there's not much there? Like in terms of actual home furniture you get a couch, a chair, a coffee table and a plant...

Also is it just me or does the couch look basically the same as the Movie Hangout one? It looks like they just remeshed the back and sides, moved the cushions around a bit and called it a new item

couch.pngg

"It's the same but they changed this, that, that, this and also that"
    Which makes it... Not the same? :D

Also, this kit is very pretty. I'm not much of a builder so I won't buy it but it's good content!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021

couch.pngg

"It's the same but they changed this, that, that, this and also that"
    Which makes it... Not the same? :D

That's why I said basically the same, not that it is the same. Other than the cushions being turned around and the wood having more of a rattan look theres very little difference between the two.

At its core they both have the long cushion seat, cushions at the back, the wooden back that goes up in the middle and the arms at the side that go outwards which is a pretty unique design which makes them similar imo.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member

That's why I said basically the same, not that it is the same. Other than the cushions being turned around and the wood having more of a rattan look theres very little difference between the two
    Maybe I am blind then, I see a LOT of differences between those two :)

I maybe better get my eyes checked :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited May 2021

That's why I said basically the same, not that it is the same. Other than the cushions being turned around and the wood having more of a rattan look theres very little difference between the two
    Maybe I am blind then, I see a LOT of differences between those two :)

I maybe better get my eyes checked :)

Check my updated comment, also obviously it's just an opinion not a fact and opinions are always subjective. There's a lot of similarities in my opinion but that's just my take. 🤷‍♀️

Also I feel like people always misunderstand my exaggerated way of saying things, my original comment wasn't saying that they're the same item just that they look similar to me that's all.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    i mean if those sofas are same sofa....

so are all the other sofas in the game
    all same sofa.
    has 3 seats.
    has arm rests and backrest.
    perhaps has cushions.

but i think these 2 sofas have more character than 90% of sofas in the game anyway
  • Options
    i mean if those sofas are same sofa....

so are all the other sofas in the game
    all same sofa.
    has 3 seats.
    has arm rests and backrest.
    perhaps has cushions.

but i think these 2 sofas have more character than 90% of sofas in the game anyway

I literally didn't say they're the same I said they look similar in my opinion. Y'all it was exaggerated language 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    It looks lovely and items I'd enjoy building with. But... outside Oasis Springs and Salvadorada the worlds we have would be a really odd backdrop for this type of build. Really need more diverse worlds.
    My Oasis Springs is already full with Latino and Batuu Inspired builds as they don't fit well anywhere else either.

I defintely agree we need some more diverse words, but I typically turn Willow Creek into a more New Orleans inspired place, which I think the items in this kit could compliment. :)

Or that's what my plans are.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wow, more pointless objects that CC can do better, for free

(Console players do not interact)
    Post edited by kwanzaabot on
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Wow, more pointless objects that CC can do better, for free

(Console players do not interact)

Do you have that link for Morrocan style cc? Wondering how well it'll work with the kit stuff.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They really love giving us bohemian style stuff it seems.
  • Options
    navyshadesnavyshades Posts: 15 Member
    Oh wow! This is so pretty! I can't wait. This looks like the best value of the kits so far to me. It looks like there's a fair bit more than the Country Kitchen Kit. I'm really excited about this one!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Finally !!!

But 10 items it's a little short for this theme, I hope there will be a part 2: GP/EP with a world and gameplay.

10? I count like 20 (including floor and wall)
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I might be interested. I have a reasonable amount of Moroccan style CC already, and it's such a pretty style.

Will definitely be keen to check it out, maybe buy it.
  • Options
    AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    This kit really surprises me in a good way. After hearing all the ideas for kits and seeing the kits already available I thought I would never think about buying a kit but if architecture is also a part of kits I might reconsider.

Glad the theme will be summer. Hope there will be a new summer world and a lot of exotic kits.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have pondering this, will we be able to place the new fountain object that's coming in this KP under a roof?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A few objects in ugly colors and patterns another easy kit to skip they're making it so easy to not want packs now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited May 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    It looks lovely and items I'd enjoy building with. But... outside Oasis Springs and Salvadorada the worlds we have would be a really odd backdrop for this type of build. Really need more diverse worlds.
    My Oasis Springs is already full with Latino and Batuu Inspired builds as they don't fit well anywhere else either.

I defintely agree we need some more diverse words, but I typically turn Willow Creek into a more New Orleans inspired place, which I think the items in this kit could compliment. :)

Or that's what my plans are.

City Living also has a huge multicultural spread but apartments are not quite what builders like to work with and I don't blame them. Kinda finicky to renovate and share housing designs for them.

I personally don't buy for build/buy unless a lot of the homes that catch my eye use the BB a lot. Also I have only Eco Lifestyle and a few stuff packs away so...I'm in no rush.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wish there was a better schedulle for kits, like one per month. Kits were supposed to fill droughts... i'm not interested in this one so i'll prob have to wait 2 more months for a new one. Good that a new game pack is about to be released.

I also wish they went for more niche themes, hopefully darker, like grunge... it seems they'll be going for mainstream though (mainstream pays the bills...).
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    If this is for real I will definitely buy this Kit.
    I can smell the incense just by looking at it.
    My Bubble Blower will be ecstatic with its new home! 🥰