Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I wish there was a better schedulle for kits, like one per month. Kits were supposed to fill droughts... i'm not interested in this one so i'll prob have to wait 2 more months for a new one. Good that a new game pack is about to be released.

I also wish they went for more niche themes, hopefully darker, like grunge... it seems they'll be going for mainstream though (mainstream pays the bills...).

yeah it might just be that kits just started though and they have yet to find the correct timing

+ I also wish for more dark, occulty/fantasy or historical themes for kits in future

heck i mean id take those as bigger packs too but i dont exactly see them releasing "gothic living" or anything

so can i at least have few kits?
    *puppy eyes @ devs*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    The colours and patterns are gorgeous. Moroccan culture is so beautiful and vibrant.

I'm a bit bummed that it's all seemingly just build/buy objects but I'd still consider buying this.

Drinkable tea, a flyable carpet, and a Genie would have been perfect to put in this. If it's not coming with this, I doubt we're ever getting it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Although I'm excited for the theme I'm kind of disappointed that there's not much there? Like in terms of actual home furniture you get a couch, a chair, a coffee table and a plant...

Also is it just me or does the couch look very similar to the Movie Hangout one? It looks like they just remeshed the back and sides, moved the cushions around a bit and called it a new item

couch.pngg
    It is similar, also similar to the realm of Magic couch too, as having wood trim, but the Moroccan couch is higher with little square openings and has much different swatches, but it could be mixed and matched, which is nice
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Joybearr wrote: »
    Drinkable tea, a flyable carpet, and a Genie would have been perfect to put in this. If it's not coming with this, I doubt we're ever getting it.

It's a safe bet that there will be no gameplay item in this kit.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Wow, more pointless objects that CC can do better, for free

(Console players do not interact)

I’m not a console player, but I don’t use custom content..... so, I’m just as happy to have some new furniture to add to my game as a console player. What’s wrong with supporting a game I would like to see continue?...... you make it sound like a crime that they would add some new styles that aren’t free custom content. I’m glad they think of of us console and pc players that don’t use CC, who are buying the packs.,,,,, kind of stupid in my opinion for a company to aim for people who don’t appreciate their work.....
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I wish there was a better schedulle for kits, like one per month. Kits were supposed to fill droughts... i'm not interested in this one so i'll prob have to wait 2 more months for a new one. Good that a new game pack is about to be released.

I also wish they went for more niche themes, hopefully darker, like grunge... it seems they'll be going for mainstream though (mainstream pays the bills...).

yeah it might just be that kits just started though and they have yet to find the correct timing

+ I also wish for more dark, occulty/fantasy or historical themes for kits in future

heck i mean id take those as bigger packs too but i dont exactly see them releasing "gothic living" or anything

so can i at least have few kits?
    *puppy eyes @ devs*

Yes please, I actually want some gothic and punk clothes......and while you are at it Dev’s please throw in a real witches hat without the spider, and a real Dracula’s cape......
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    It's pretty, but didn't these cultural updates come as free updates before? Looking at the Diwali, Caribbean and Muslim content updates.

Methinks they just found a way to charge $5 for something that used to be free.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I'm just saying that all sofas are similar, they have a seating, a back and normally sides, and often 4 legs. But I'm glad they stick to that format :)

It looks pretty, but I hope there will be a new small feature, too. I'm not getting kits with only BB. I'd rather see them offering just one feature and no BB.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Y'all are talking me into getting this Kit after all. I will have to remake my Redguard for this game then. That's probably good though. She has worked hard for years and deserves to finally sheath her swords.

Maybe if we make a thread where people can specifically state what they're trying to accomplish in this game, and what is preventing them from doing so. For instance, some people on this thread have said they wish there was more dark furniture, but I see quite a bit here. (I'm on my game now.) But I don't know what YOU mean exactly. I'm definitely not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just not sure what's exactly desired and maybe the devs are in the same boat. Specifics may give any of them who see the thread a clearer idea of what people feel is lacking? Maybe if enough people are looking for the same style, they may consider adding more of that style. I don't know. Just a thought.

If it has pictures/examples and it doesn't turn into an argument, I think it would be cool. :lol:
    bixters wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    No new gameplay, just few objects and decorations..skipping, glad I'm back to Sims 3..

Yeah, but if it IS indeed Redguard, we might get curved swords. Curved. Swords.

I appreciate the joke :) None of the guards in Skyrim appreciate a curved sword, with all the arrows they have in their knees :D

I'm glad we have each other to laugh at our outdated jokes. That's the whole reason I ever make friends. :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All that looks like what is in TS2. Are we sure this isn't a pic from TS2 (build mode items) lol? I didn't like it then and still don't like it. Already have it in TS2.

Yes, one of the architecture styles from TS2 Mansions & Gardens, I like it so much!

Not just that but the build layout of the home from looking inside it. It seems very familiar to me, like exactly (the placement of pool and tiles of same type) in the lot in TS2 base, in Pleasant View, called 113 Wright Way. Also, of another similar one (the lay out from peeking inside the garden) 267 Avon Avenue, Veronville. I went into game to look, and yep been there done it. :p TS2 used a lot of L and U (squared) shaped home plans, and a lot of Moroccan styles, even the same paint (blueish green in the TS4 pic same as in TS2) and the tiles, seen in the two lots I mentioned, along with some of the styles of the furniture and building eaves etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    This has just came to me when thinking about this new Courtyard Oasis KP. Bare with me on this because this may not seem connected at first. But I will connect them later on. Sunbathing is an outdoor activity. In the past I had built several homes with a walled in courtyard with no roof in them. But the game still treated the open air courtyard as if it were one of the rooms inside the house because of the grid over the courtyard. What I am wondering is will I be able to have my sims sunbathe in this courtyard oasis with Courtyard Oasis installed?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This has just came to me when thinking about this new Courtyard Oasis KP. Bare with me on this because this may not seem connected at first. But I will connect them later on. Sunbathing is an outdoor activity. In the past I had built several homes with a walled in courtyard with no roof in them. But the game still treated the open air courtyard as if it were one of the rooms inside the house because of the grid over the courtyard. What I am wondering is will I be able to have my sims sunbathe in this courtyard oasis with Courtyard Oasis installed?

If there was no ceiling, and no second floor, then the room should have been treated as "outside" Though sometimes you have to force this by leaving one wall incomplete and then moving a wall piece into place.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Joybearr wrote: »

I feel like they're doing something with tea. I was blown away that they put a 'technophobe' trait in Snowy Escape and massive tea cabinets for Japanese culture, but still no way to make tea without using electricity. My technology-hating cult leader has no use for that. Then in Paranormal they included another tea kit, that...literally couldn't make tea and had an electricity consumption rating of 10/10. That seems very on the nose for them not to be doing it as a joke. I assume they're including non-electric tea making in a rustic or farming pack later down the line. Also, can I write a book on a typewriter, and not just a three grand supercomputer? Please? We had ink before we had microchips.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I went into game to look, and yep been there done it.

Well now those simmers who weren't as fortunate to experience the Moroccan style in Sims 2 can do so in TS4. 🙂
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Ok I may actually buy this and the other building kit (and the fashion one) I sometimes get a lot of use out of certain items from certain packs.

I’m just not sure where I would use it, to me it doesn’t seem to fit any of the worlds.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    Ok I may actually buy this and the other building kit (and the fashion one) I sometimes get a lot of use out of certain items from certain packs.

I’m just not sure where I would use it, to me it doesn’t seem to fit any of the worlds.

I think it will fit nicely in Oasis Springs and even the island in Windenburg if you don't mind the snow.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Same thing about the table ... just they cut the 4 corners :p
    Onverser wrote: »
    Although I'm excited for the theme I'm kind of disappointed that there's not much there? Like in terms of actual home furniture you get a couch, a chair, a coffee table and a plant...

Also is it just me or does the couch look basically the same as the Movie Hangout one? It looks like they just remeshed the back and sides, moved the cushions around a bit and called it a new item

couch.pngg

Ya'll are SERIOUSLY reaching this time. The couch, nor the table look anything alike.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    DevSims91 wrote: »

I think it will fit nicely in Oasis Springs and even the island in Windenburg if you don't mind the snow.

Agreed (except that I purposely don't have snow anywhere because I don't like it). I tend to go by the philosophy of "my game, my rules." So anything I happen to like fits anywhere I wish it to fit. Well, mostly. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It looks a lot of stuff for a kit to me. Could it be that they will be made bigger and replace Stuff packs with the Stuff pack price?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Finally !!!

But 10 items it's a little short for this theme, I hope there will be a part 2: GP/EP with a world and gameplay.

Where did you get that 10 items from?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so want a Genie Pack now more than ever. However, my Cleopatra & Aladdin/Jasmine households will love the new kit on their lot. <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Oh that reminds me of a home that I had made for TS2 when we got a Moroccan theme for it.
    I had a kind of ancient Greek home layout with a Moroccan theme on it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Any leaks or hints about the game pack??
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    It looks a lot of stuff for a kit to me. Could it be that they will be made bigger and replace Stuff packs with the Stuff pack price?

I hope they don’t replace stuff packs...... I loved getting new hairs, new clothes and all the other stuff that stuff packs came with. I loved stuff packs......they came with so much stuff after the first few stuff packs were released. And I loved getting them almost every month nothing else came out. I really miss them.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »
    All that looks like what is in TS2. Are we sure this isn't a pic from TS2 (build mode items) lol? I didn't like it then and still don't like it. Already have it in TS2.

Yes, one of the architecture styles from TS2 Mansions & Gardens, I like it so much!

Not just that but the build layout of the home from looking inside it. It seems very familiar to me, like exactly (the placement of pool and tiles of same type) in the lot in TS2 base, in Pleasant View, called 113 Wright Way. Also, of another similar one (the lay out from peeking inside the garden) 267 Avon Avenue, Veronville. I went into game to look, and yep been there done it. :p TS2 used a lot of L and U (squared) shaped home plans, and a lot of Moroccan styles, even the same paint (blueish green in the TS4 pic same as in TS2) and the tiles, seen in the two lots I mentioned, along with some of the styles of the furniture and building eaves etc.
    Well people are always saying how much they like TS2..... I think it’s good snd well they are imitating something people liked, I hope they do that when/if they free the banies too.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on