Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

Comments

• Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    No new gameplay, just few objects and decorations..skipping, glad I'm back to Sims 3..

Yeah, but if it IS indeed Redguard, we might get curved swords. Curved. Swords.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited May 2021
    No new gameplay, just few objects and decorations..skipping, glad I'm back to Sims 3..

That's what a kit is, though.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So are we not getting multiple Kits at the same time anymore?

Nope. They're releasing one as an in-between. We only got three the first time.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

Decorations, not useable, imagine if its included magic carpet or a genie or any new useful NEW gameplay but no its EA, so it's just another decorations that modders can do..

That the fact that people are getting too excited for a pack with zero gameplay makes the sims 4 future even more depressing..
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »

Some kits included a new gameplay (like the dust one) although it was a very low-key but still..somewhat a new gameplay..
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    > @logion said:
    > Pretty, is this related to the next GP I wonder? I can't really see this kit fit in any world, apart from maybe Oasis Springs.

Well, kits are suppose to be for things that don't quite fit anywhere or small additions to existing packs, aren't they? but I can see most of these items being usable for boho styled lots and even maybe magic builds depending on the swatches.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 2021
    Duvelina wrote: »

Some kits included a new gameplay (like the dust one) although it was a very low-key but still..somewhat a new gameplay..

Kits can be Build related (this, Country Kitchen) CAS related (Throwback Fit) or small Gameplay (Bust the Dust)

So I'd expect one in every three kits to be gameplay, and honestly, after Bust the Dust was so buggy, I'd rather they took their time with the next gameplay kit.

I love the look of this and plan to mix it thoroughly with the build/buy from Paranormal Stuff.

Now I just need a decent dining set in this aesthetic and I'll be able to make a nice coffee house.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

Decorations, not useable, imagine if its included magic carpet or a genie or any new useful NEW gameplay but no its EA, so it's just another decorations that modders can do..

That the fact that people are getting too excited for a pack with zero gameplay makes the sims 4 future even more depressing..

In fairness, I was making a callback to an earlier joke I had made. Nevermind. You had to be there. :lol: I understand your frustration, but it is pretty and $5. Lots of people will probably buy it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Beautiful! I usually use items like this to make themed restaurants.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021
    I love it! It’s a decor style we haven’t had in TS4 yet and while I’m not a prolific builder I am eager to add this to my collection!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Oooh pretty! It kinda reminds me of some furniture pieces from the Sims 2 base game
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Not everybody uses CC. Not everybody can use CC, such as console players. I think it’s OK that the option is there for folks who prefer a vanilla game or would like specific BB items without having to pay a fortune on a GP or EP just for a couple of chairs and a floor pattern.
    We all play the same game but nobody plays the same way.

There’s no reason for people NOT to get excited for content just because another person decided its not good enough for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s just a group of people in these forums who are really bugged about TS4 players enjoying the game for what it is, and being happy for new content, and they just cannot hold back from coming into threads and raining on the parade.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Description from the Microsoft leak.

Description

Turn the center of your Sim’s home into a lush, vibrant space inspired by the riads of Morocco with The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit*! Lounge around the fountain, admire the decorative tiling, and bring your family together in absolute harmony.

KEY FEATURES
    Create Your Oasis — Construct a dreamy, stylish courtyard for the family to enjoy. Play with filigree designs, vivid colors, and intricate tile patterns to tie it together, then decorate with hanging lanterns, resplendent textiles, and tropical plants.
    Go Natural — Invite a refreshing breeze and bright sunlight into the home with new columns and archways while maintaining your privacy with beautifully latticed wooden windows. It’s the best of both worlds!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I am so down for this kit it's not even funny. Insta purchase buy. Which makes sense, the Build/buy kits would probably be the biggest appeal for me, CAS not so much and the interactive object kit possibly depending on what it is.

this set is beautiful though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    So pretty, happy for builders. I haven't gotten any Kits yet, none of them have been worth it in my opinion. I'd rather keep downloading the amazing CC fans have come up with.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I see what looks like peppermint tea on the table. Please let it be drinkable and not just decoration.

I wouldn't count on it being usable. The Sims team seems to love decorating with tea pots and tea related items, but they haven't given us a real tea set yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been disappointed too many times when it comes to wanting a functional tea set.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Sims 2 and Sims 3 literally sold 20 dollar packs that included no new gameplay what so ever...

That and both the Sims 2 and Sims 3 had a store which literally did things like this on a regular basis at a much higher cost.

I can appreciate kits might not be to everyone's tastes but I'm baffled why people somehow thing this is a new thing
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    It's absolutely stunning. I love this style. My only complaint is that it's just decor. I was hoping we would get a Moroccan themed world for one of the expansion or game packs. Maybe someday we'll still get that. A girl can dream.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Now all I need is someone to create Bing, Bob & Dorothy. Ha ha Yes I'm old. Ha ha
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All that looks like what is in TS2. Are we sure this isn't a pic from TS2 (build mode items) lol? I didn't like it then and still don't like it. Already have it in TS2. Same (brownish) floor tile in TS2 looks familiar. :o:/ Around the same type pool built in a premade lot in TS2. Wait, same green wall paint in paint in TS2.

Yeah, it looks somewhat similar. One thing tho, this is not TS2. If i want my sims, in this game , to have a house what uses that kind of B/B , it does not comfort me that "I already have it in TS2" ..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    This looks like a pretty little kit. I really like those wall lights. I will probably get this one. I'm mostly a "fantasy" type player and tend to opt for more ornate decor in the builds I create for my active households, so I could see some of the items in this kit being things I'd use on a regular basis.

The first three kits didn't really appeal to me. I got the Country Kitchen kit because the aesthetic matched the look and feel I was going for in a rental/vacation house I built in Brindleton, but I haven't used items from that kit in any of my other builds (so far).

I passed on the Throwback kit. As someone who was in high school and college in the 90s, I was initially excited about the idea of a 90s themed pack because nostalgia...but for me, the 90s were about flannel shirts, combat boots, mosh pits, grunge rock, etc., so that one missed the mark with me personally. That said, the items in the Throwback kit DID remind me of some of the more mainstream 90s fashion I saw the "normal" people wearing back then, so that's not to say it was off base, just that it didn't resonate with my personal 90s experience. :)

The Bust the Dust kit was a hard no for me. In real life, I have an aviary in my house. That means I have do a lot more vacuuming and dusting than the average person does. I like to play Sims to relax and ESCAPE from reality. Spellcasters and "Scruberoo" for the win! :D (Side note, but I sooooo wish "Scruberoo" was an actual thing. Oh, what I wouldn't give...)

As for the kits themselves, I'm a fan of the concept overall even if most of the kits haven't appealed to me personally. They remind me of the TS3 store sets (I was a BIG fan of those), and I think they're a practical way to offer more niche items/features that might not be available otherwise...and honestly, the $5 price point is reasonable. I'm a developer/designer, and these kinds of endeavors take a lot more time and effort than most people realize.

Giving players the option to add new features/items without requiring a pack-level investment from the player and still being able to generate additional revenue isn't a bad model at all. It's kind of a win-win for the company and the customers. Players can get new content/features without breaking the bank and the company generates additional revenue. Business is business, and turning a profit isn't a bad thing. The more money a company has, the more employees it can hire (creating jobs is good) and the more products it can create and sell to continue creating those jobs in the future.

In fact (and all personal preferences aside), I kind of wish they'd introduced kits sooner. From a business perspective, it would have been a smart move. Kit sales could be a great way to gauge what types of content appeal to players most. $5 isn't cost prohibitive for most players the way some of the larger packs can be, so it's actually a better way to assess customer interest in themed content than pack sales are. Just because someone couldn't afford a pack doesn't mean they didn't want it. Revenue generated from kit sales could then be used to determine where to invest time/resources in terms of larger pack development to simultaneously increase customer satisfaction and profit, which is an ideal scenario that benefits both parties.

Anyway, </tangent>. Thanks to the OP for posting! It's great to see what the new kit will be, and since the leak is from Microsoft, it's probably legit. Now if only we could get info about the next pack. I'm most likely going to buy this kit, but generally speaking, I'm more likely to buy packs than kits, so waiting for the new pack announcement is kinda killing me a bit. Won't lie. The struggle is real. :P
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Now all I need is someone to create Bing, Bob & Dorothy. Ha ha Yes I'm old. Ha ha

@Bluegayle
    I'm not that old, but I think we also need a kissing "Kangaroo" to truly make this work. :p