Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

1234568...Next

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I love the banana plant and the wall lights. I love the floor decal. Would be nice if they add also fountain or pool trim to match the new wall and floor swatches.

Isn't that a pool trim that I saw then?

Could be a pool or fountain trim, or it could be just a new fountain. I think it looks a bit high to be pool trim and the decal pattern goes neatly around it, so I'm guessing it's a standalone fountain object.
    I was thinking that it was a small pool with a stylish tile trim myself when I first saw that pic on Simsvip.com.
    ETA: That could be a small swimming pool on a low platform just as well. I have done that in my game, placed a swimming pool on a low platform. After we had gotten platforms of course.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    ohh this is giving me some serious southern Spain vibes

Patio-de-los-Arrayanes-courts-Granada-Spain.jpg

1920px-Court_of_the_Lions_by_night_2019.jpg

<3

ohh this is giving me some serious southern Spain vibes

Patio-de-los-Arrayanes-courts-Granada-Spain.jpg

1920px-Court_of_the_Lions_by_night_2019.jpg

<3
    :) I use to live in southern Spain as a child in RL. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    This looks like a big Kit. According to the pictures it has new:
    1. Arches
    2. Doors
    3. Windows
    4. Stairs
    5. Walls
    6. Floors
    7. Pool Frames
    8. Fountain
    9. Spandels
    10. Love Seats
    11. Chairs
    12. Side Tables
    13. Coffee Table
    14. Lights
    15. Plants
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    So pretty! Now we need a world to go with it. 😀

Oasis Spring duh
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So are we not getting multiple Kits at the same time anymore?

Nope! They say, the first ones were to set the exemple (not their exact words but what I understood) to show how the kits system will work (Build/buy kits; CAS kits and gameplay kits). Now they'll be releasing one kit at a time
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This Kit isn't my cup of tea however I will buy it for the new hottub and fountain.
    Hot tub, what hot tub?
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    The new objects look nice. They're not my cup of tea however, so I wouldn't have much interest in it personally unless there are gameplay items in it.

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

Where do you see a hottub?

Don't spread false information, please.

Reality is: We don't know anything about a hottub, it's just your hope/guess.

'I guess it comes with a hottub'

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    This Kit isn't my cup of tea however I will buy it for the new hottub and fountain.
    Hot tub, what hot tub?
    The new objects look nice. They're not my cup of tea however, so I wouldn't have much interest in it personally unless there are gameplay items in it.

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

Do you mean the thing in the middle? Isn't that just a pool?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Hot tub, what hot tub?

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

That doesn't look like a hottub to me.

It looks like a pool or a fountain at most..
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Lots of pretty stuff to look at and build with, but there are no new gameplay features. Or so it appears. Just can't get excited about the kits. But I understand why non-CC players are going to enjoy it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2021
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Lots of pretty stuff to look at and build with, but there are no new gameplay features. Or so it appears. Just can't get excited about the kits. But I understand why non-CC players are going to enjoy it.

That's what the kits are, divided into CAS, gameplay or build/buy items. I prefer the last so am very happy with this one. I steer clear of CC myself atm.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

These seem to be the equivalent of TS3's store sets, at least to me. What would be nicer is if they also followed TS3 and started releasing some new worlds in kits. Nothing else just a world fully or not fully decorated like in TS3's store if they are going to mimic TS3's store sets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    It looks lovely and items I'd enjoy building with. But... outside Oasis Springs and Salvadorada the worlds we have would be a really odd backdrop for this type of build. Really need more diverse worlds.
    My Oasis Springs is already full with Latino and Batuu Inspired builds as they don't fit well anywhere else either.

I defintely agree we need some more diverse words, but I typically turn Willow Creek into a more New Orleans inspired place, which I think the items in this kit could compliment. :)

Or that's what my plans are.

City Living also has a huge multicultural spread but apartments are not quite what builders like to work with and I don't blame them. Kinda finicky to renovate and share housing designs for them.

I personally don't buy for build/buy unless a lot of the homes that catch my eye use the BB a lot. Also I have only Eco Lifestyle and a few stuff packs away so...I'm in no rush.

I know what you mean, I was trying to reno an apartment in Evergreen Harbor and because you can't change windows and what not, it's tricky to make look good.

This is the first time I've ever decided a pack for BB, and if it weren't for it being in a style that I've really started to like recently, I probably wouldn't bother.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Hot tub, what hot tub?

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

It looks like a hottub to me.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Hot tub, what hot tub?

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

It looks like a hottub to me.

That would be a MASSIVE hot tub if it was one. There's even couches and lanterns situated around it for size comparison. That pool is at least 10x8 tiles in size, which immediately means it's not the standard size for a hot tub.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Definitely a pool…
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    Don't think it's a new pool trim, but a platform around the pool with a new platform trim. You can notice a similar trim pattern is used in the sitting areas platforms...
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hot tub, what hot tub?

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

That looks like a pool or fountain with a platform around it. At the most (and I’m reaching here) it may be an onsen and I’m being on the super optimistic side for this option and it’s highly unlikely. It really isn’t a hot tub it doesn’t even look like a hot tub.
    I just looked up images for a hammam, also known as Moroccan bath. And that small pool in the pics above looks just like a hammam.