March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    I put Other, because I don't plan on buying either one at this point.

It looks like TS5 will have a significant online component, which kills it for me.

Paralives is still in pre-alpha, core systems are still in development, and as far as I know, there isn't any gameplay yet to see. But even if it were coming out soon and looked like the best of TS1 through TS4 all rolled into one, I still wouldn't buy it because it's on Steam. Sell it somewhere else and maybe, someday, if it's ever finished, I might buy it.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    @Cinebar

This is a great poll thanks for starting it. I am enjoying reading player responses and the extra info players have about the Paralives game itself. Part of me wishes EA would just pull their finger out and finally create something stunning with 5 but even if they do I am not sure they have momentum to continue on without getting lazy and entitled again and then the other part of me thinks maybe it's time for someone new and fresh to take the reins and hopefully do something wonderful. I just hope we don't have years to wait before they release the game or EA tries to put a stop to it. It makes me wonder with it already being advertised on steam if they have a time element to their advertising for the release of the game?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

This is a great poll thanks for starting it. I am enjoying reading player responses and the extra info players have about the Paralives game itself. Part of me wishes EA would just pull their finger out and finally create something stunning with 5 but even if they do I am not sure they have momentum to continue on without getting lazy and entitled again and then the other part of me thinks maybe it's time for someone new and fresh to take the reins and hopefully do something wonderful. I just hope we don't have years to wait before they release the game or EA tries to put a stop to it. It makes me wonder with it already being advertised on steam if they have a time element to their advertising for the release of the game?

They are asking everyone to put the game on their wish list on Steam. Steam has a placeholder for it as far as I know (the game) but I'm not sure what it means to request everyone put the game on the Steam Wish List. I don't use Steam. I had it one time, (got a free game from a pc maker) but I didn't understand Steam (lol) and I didn't like the free game I was rewarded. So, I never used Steam. What does it mean to put a game on Steam's wish list that isn't even finished yet? ETA: But steam has it advertised as single player offline, so I don't understand also adding to a wish list?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Cinebar

Steam is not one of my favorites but I do have the whole sims 3 series purchased with them (mega sale) as a back up and I have played a couple of small games that were fine but I agree it steam seems harder to navigate than origin to me. When you put a game on your wishlist they will inform you with any updates or sales if a game is current. I am going to add Paralives to my wishlist but am currently hunting for my password as it's been that long since I last logged in :)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I'm buying Paralives as soon as it's released. EA has lost their ever loving minds if they think I'm going to pay a subscription to play the sims 5.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Other
    They are moving to gameplay in paralives? nice! now i can get interested properly. I like some of the things i read here about what they want to add. It is too early for me to say if i am thinking about buying any of these two games since so little is known about their gameplay, but i do not mind getting both if i liked both.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,021 Member
    Other
    Right no I don't have any interest in either.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,714 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    Could not care less.

Expecially after they/them fired Roxanne, one of my all time favorite TS2 cc maker.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    Other
    As soon as Paradox Tectonic announces that they're working on a life sim...I most likely won't bother with Sims 5. Why? Because it's not sounding good and I don't trust EA/Maxis to make a good Sims game ever again. They don't make life sims anymore, just dollhouse and build simulator.

I may give Paralives a chance though, depending on the gameplay.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Other
    I'm going to make sure it's worth the hype. I want it so bad because I miss the sims 2 being active, but I am not wasting anymore money. EA taught a lesson 👌
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Well... we don't know anything about TS5 and Paralives looks like trash sooo. Neither?
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If that is true then it would probably be a competing game against TS5 since so many think that game will also take that long. But I don't know, Paralives is in the process of moving over to actual gameplay (meaning most other things are finished?) and routing, paths etc. Maybe not as long since they have progressed over the last three years. One world is confirmed (probably not built yet) but gameplay is what they said they would be doing starting in March 2021. Does anyone know if this means they are done with character creation the Para thingy (CAS) and development of the traits etc. if they are moving over to actual routing and gameplay now?

They'll probably focus on the basic interactions of gameplay and make sure that's all working before focusing on the traits.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Other
    Movotti wrote: »
    At this point, I don't know.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.

The devs are Canadian though. They also listen to people and take their suggestions seriously, so try asking them about what you would like.

How does one do that?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I plan on buying it as soon as I can. I like the idea of showing support for indie studios that try to tackle large projects.

For what it's worth, I don't think I've been let down by a single one I've tried, either.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,368 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I probably won't get either one of them.
    I'm very happy with Sims 4 and I think I will just continue with it. It depends on how The Sims 5 will turn out. If they will add open world again I'm definitely NOT interested, especially if we're going to be stuck in one world. I feel claustrophobic even thinking about it. Also if Sims will look too realistic, it's a no-no from me. I like Sims being Sims, not humans.
    About Paralives... I haven't seen anything that would interest me on it yet, I'd like to see the gameplay and how the autonomy works. I have a feeling that until the game is ready it will be outdated already. Anyway, it's interesting to see how things will turn out with it.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other
    Nope. I don't care if it's for free. I have spent 20 years of my life with my Sims and I'm no traitor.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.

The devs are Canadian though. They also listen to people and take their suggestions seriously, so try asking them about what you would like.

How does one do that?

Try their reddit, patreon, or maybe visit the site. I think they have their own forum too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    adamzaid wrote: »
    too early to tell we dont even know anything about the sims 5 other than its in development. i dont mean to sound like a downer but i dont rlly like the way paralives looks. i think its sill going to be a intresting game, but its most likely its still at least a year or 2 away from release, i just think its too early to tell yk.

This is a look at Maggie's loft (if you haven't seen it). The game is looking pretty good if you get past the art style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIqTswEEcL0

ETA: I have been begging Maxis for those windows for years. :/
    So as not to spam my own thread, Snowy Escape finally (after twenty years) has the feature/animation to remove shoes indoors. I have been begging Maxis for twenty years to add Sims removing their shoes and their own coats themselves when going indoors etc. The shoe removal is already in Paralives (confirmed) even before Snowy Escape release. I mean I have to weigh the apples against the oranges and see what things this little team is doing compared to what I have begged Maxis to do for year and years.

For those who love open world and story progression that is all confirmed. But not to the point you can't play on rotation. So, I don't know, it seems they took some of the best ideas to try and put in a core of the game. I wonder what best ideas Maxis will put in a TS5, if any.

d
    too early to tell we dont even know anything about the sims 5 other than its in development. i dont mean to sound like a downer but i dont rlly like the way paralives looks. i think its sill going to be a intresting game, but its most likely its still at least a year or 2 away from release, i just think its too early to tell yk.

This is a look at Maggie's loft (if you haven't seen it). The game is looking pretty good if you get past the art style.

So as not to spam my own thread, Snowy Escape finally (after twenty years) has the feature/animation to remove shoes indoors. I have been begging Maxis for twenty years to add Sims removing their shoes and their own coats themselves when going indoors etc. The shoe removal is already in Paralives (confirmed) even before Snowy Escape release. I mean I have to weigh the apples against the oranges and see what things this little team is doing compared to what I have begged Maxis to do for year and years.

For those who love open world and story progression that is all confirmed. But not to the point you can't play on rotation. So, I don't know, it seems they took some of the best ideas to try and put in a core of the game. I wonder what best ideas Maxis will put in a TS5, if any.

no i didnt but DAMNNNNN. also do the charecters speak english? im not sure if i would like that but i think i can get past it but this footage looks way better than what i saw lol

d

no i didnt but DAMNNNNN. also do the charecters speak english? im not sure if i would like that but i think i can get past it but this footage looks way better than what i saw lol

No, it's confirmed it will be some jibber jabber language we won't understand.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2021

How does one do that?

You can join them on Discord. Or you can support them monthly fee to help support to build the game and get inside info and 'benefits' later. Like maybe find out some secrets or be offered to play the beta if they decide to do that. Or something free etc. All their information is on their website. I'm not soliciting for anyone to support the game. Only reporting that's how Indie games get funded.

Simgirl just posted a new position for the TS5 is open, the more I read the more I can see I'm going to have to give up on TS5, and I had very big dreams about it. I'm not into story driven Sim games as a core, like Life Stories and or even a pack like SV etc. Here is the info about all that..

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987978/sims-5-story-and-narrative-features-planned#latest

And here is information about TS5 actually being about competition or having some sort of flavor of competition. So, you can see why as more things are rumored (derived from what Simscommunity feels of what the game will be like due to the type of developers they want) I decided to make a poll of how Simmers would decide which game would meet their needs for a new game one way or the other....

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987857/sims-5-competitive-mode#latest
    As far as the 'narrative' for the game, that could mean many different things. It may be the overall feel and direction of the TS5, or it could mean something as strict as story driven/linear gameplay. Or it could mean the actual focus of the entire game, on a bigger scale such as the general purpose and influence, and or something not so restrictive as competition and linear play like Pet Life Story etc. but more like TS2's story backgrounds for Sims, where two sisters are angry and things happen (a general narrative) and we see some of it play out on screen but the player had control of which way that went if they repaired the relationship or just let it go into total chaos etc over time. I don't know, Maxis seems to not have listened much to sandbox players by what they keep talking about with the direction of the game by those who can bring that type of experience to a game. :/
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

How does one do that?

You can go to their Paralives website which has contact info where you can email them about what you would like. You can also ask for what you want at their Discord.

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I probably won't get either one of them.
    I'm very happy with Sims 4 and I think I will just continue with it. It depends on how The Sims 5 will turn out. If they will add open world again I'm definitely NOT interested, especially if we're going to be stuck in one world. I feel claustrophobic even thinking about it. Also if Sims will look too realistic, it's a no-no from me. I like Sims being Sims, not humans.
    About Paralives... I haven't seen anything that would interest me on it yet, I'd like to see the gameplay and how the autonomy works. I have a feeling that until the game is ready it will be outdated already. Anyway, it's interesting to see how things will turn out with it.

You feel claustrophic in Sims 3 worlds? They're HUGE compared to TS4 tiny neighborhoods. I feel more claustrophobic and bored in TS4's tiny worlds because you can't even customize their environments.

Plus TS3 does have the ability to have your sims travel to other worlds - the mechanics of travel had always been within the game, but Twallen unlocked it with his Travel mod. You are only hindered by your unwillingness to use this feature. I personally love the ability of my sims to travel to any and all the hundreds of worlds both made by EA and by fans. TS4? It's got only a handful of tiny worlds you can't customize and doesn't have anywhere near as much to do in.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    edited March 2021
    I plan to buy both.
    If they will add open world again I'm definitely NOT interested, especially if we're going to be stuck in one world. I feel claustrophobic even thinking about it.
    I feel more claustrophobic and bored in TS4's tiny worlds because you can't even customize their environments.

Isn't it wonderful that we have TS2, TS3, and TS4? Something for everyone. <3
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well... we don't know anything about TS5 and Paralives looks like trash sooo. Neither?

@PlayerSinger2010 Are you for real? Typical example of how toxicity exists both ways in this community, in "complainers" as well as in "blind supporters" of the Sims 4.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top