March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Other
    At this point, I don't know.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    Other
    For Paralives, I plan on waiting with how well it developes & that it's not a carbon copy of the Sims games.

For Sims 5, I will probable wait about 5 or 7 years after the release date to see if it's better than Sims 3 & Sims 4.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Movotti wrote: »
    At this point, I don't know.
    Paralives looks good. But from what I've heard, it's going to be even more US-centric than the sims, meaning I would be even more frustrated by that aspect. The sims already has me angry at times, because it doesn't have enough that feels relevant to me, and my culture.

The devs are Canadian though. They also listen to people and take their suggestions seriously, so try asking them about what you would like.

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am defo going to give it a go when it comes out I am really interested in having more choices at this point..
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I plan on buying both.

But...

sims 5 i will only buy after a while cause imo 4 only got good after a few years from release, so i won't be buying it as soon as it goes out...

Paralives, on the other hand, as i don't expect much of it i will buy as soon as it goes out. I'm very curious. It may be a nice surprise... of course that if it comes out with a very expensive price i won't buy it, cause it's mostly curiosity driving me...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    For those who don't know or kept up (I had not looked at anything for about a year or so about Paralives) they will be starting on interactions, paths, and actual gameplay this month etc. They lay out a road map of sorts of what they have done to the game so far and what they are planning on working on as the months go by. It has really come along quickly (three years) in my opinion for what all is confirmed to be in the game so far. Such as weather, pets (cats, dogs, horses) build tools that TS4 didn't have, etc.

The art style is a hiccup for me, but they have now moved on to make polys medium rather than the low poly stuff we saw a few years ago. So, the lots are actually looking better and better. They now have eight developers rather than the one lone Alex. I don't know, I hope that game comes together ok, and doesn't fizzle out before it is even released, (lack of funds etc.) but I'm sure I will never buy a TS5 multiplayer or competitive game and would be looking around for a life simulator (people) by the time either are released or on the market.

The difference I see from what these folks are doing and what Maxis does, is they don't plan on EPs (DLC) so most things we think about are going in the base. That's a huge endeavor for sure. They plan on free updates, but very rarely if at all any expanded packs. So, that game has got to pull off some pretty good magic(Programming) if they don't plan on actually selling DLC (EPs)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    too early to tell we dont even know anything about the sims 5 other than its in development. i dont mean to sound like a downer but i dont rlly like the way paralives looks. i think its sill going to be a intresting game, but its most likely its still at least a year or 2 away from release, i just think its too early to tell yk.
    edited March 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    adamzaid wrote: »
    too early to tell we dont even know anything about the sims 5 other than its in development. i dont mean to sound like a downer but i dont rlly like the way paralives looks. i think its sill going to be a intresting game, but its most likely its still at least a year or 2 away from release, i just think its too early to tell yk.

This is a look at Maggie's loft (if you haven't seen it). The game is looking pretty good if you get past the art style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIqTswEEcL0

ETA: I have been begging Maxis for those windows for years. :/
    So as not to spam my own thread, Snowy Escape finally (after twenty years) has the feature/animation to remove shoes indoors. I have been begging Maxis for twenty years to add Sims removing their shoes and their own coats themselves when going indoors etc. The shoe removal is already in Paralives (confirmed) even before Snowy Escape release. I mean I have to weigh the apples against the oranges and see what things this little team is doing compared to what I have begged Maxis to do for year and years.

For those who love open world and story progression that is all confirmed. But not to the point you can't play on rotation. So, I don't know, it seems they took some of the best ideas to try and put in a core of the game. I wonder what best ideas Maxis will put in a TS5, if any.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Cinebar

Now that really would be a feat to pull off a sims style complete base game without adding extra packs/features in the future :o however if they could and the game was interesting enough already then who knows might be fine..
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Now that really would be a feat to pull off a sims style complete base game without adding extra packs/features in the future :o however if they could and the game was interesting enough already then who knows might be fine..

Hey, they have more or less confirmed they don't plan on paid DLC but free updates. Who knows, they may make so much money they could afford to add EPs etc. but it's not in their plans at this time as far as their last discussions with their fans.

I think there will be a lot more people saying yes, once they release any details about the trait system which seems to be on the track to be more nuanced and detailed than even those in TS3 or TS4. And the actual gameplay/interactions etc. I think we will see something soon about all that.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

So as not to spam my own thread, Snowy Escape finally (after twenty years) has the feature/animation to remove shoes indoors. I have been begging Maxis for twenty years to add Sims removing their shoes and their own coats themselves when going indoors etc. The shoe removal is already in Paralives (confirmed) even before Snowy Escape release. I mean I have to weigh the apples against the oranges and see what things this little team is doing compared to what I have begged Maxis to do for year and years.

The shoe removal features in TS4's Snowy Escape EP is just the shoes magically disappearing in sparkles from the sims' feet. But in Paralives, there's actual animation for the removal of shoes! So lazy and cheap of EA/Maxis that they didn't even bother to create and include the animation for this!

edited March 2021

The shoe removal features in TS4's Snowy Escape EP is just the shoes magically disappearing in sparkles from the sims' feet. But in Paralives, there's actual animation for the removal of shoes! So lazy and cheap of EA/Maxis that they didn't even bother to create and include the animation for this!

That's what I mean. TS4 borrows so many non animated (all FX) mechanics from mobile games (to save time and less expensive) rather than animate stuff all over TS4. I know it doesn't bother anyone some, but it bothered me about TS4. I know today's players don't care the Sims don't open drawers to change clothes etc. but what is the point of a life simulator if you are leaving out the actual simulation. You know what that is so par for the course for TS4..it is so disappointing in so many ways to keep doing that sort of thing. Things I have begged for is just a FX sparkle :s

ETA: And I know we still hear the argument well, TS4 is a different game, no sorry, originally they sold the line it was the fourth in the series and a life simulator then as soon as released start that stuff about how it was 'different' and a soap opera or sitcom. But originally they said TS4 was a life simulator, it doesn't simulate some of the most basic things. Like a social worker.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I'm interested in Paralives but won't buy it. I also won't be going on to Sims 5. I'm too old to do another 5 or 6 years on another game. I enjoy playing with Sims 4 still.

I'll just stick to the Sims games that I have already, all of them, and hoping for an emulator for The Sims so that I could try playing that again on Windows 10.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm supporting them on patreon, and everything they're working on is VERY interesting. Plus they are very vigilant on taking feedback and suggestions. I wouldn't be surprised if Paralives surpasses every sims game ever made. But we'll see - at least it will be a nice simulation game with a lot of the features that I personally enjoy.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited March 2021
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm supporting them on patreon, and everything they're working on is VERY interesting. Plus they are very vigilant on taking feedback and suggestions. I wouldn't be surprised if Paralives surpasses every sims game ever made. But we'll see - at least it will be a nice simulation game with a lot of the features that I personally enjoy.

I'm glad to meet someone here who is supporting them. I have seriously considered it, and wondered how risky that would be financially. I've never done that before.

ETA: So excited to see the ability to stretch cabinets etc. and to draw our own sizes of lots and those windows! lol So excited a color wheel in game at base. So many little features already!
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm interested in Paralives but won't buy it. I also won't be going on to Sims 5. I'm too old to do another 5 or 6 years on another game. I enjoy playing with Sims 4 still.

I'll just stick to the Sims games that I have already, all of them, and hoping for an emulator for The Sims so that I could try playing that again on Windows 10.

SimsVIP has a long tutorial of how to play it on Windows 10 if you have the cds. It seems to work out for so many better than when I tried to install it in Win10. I should have followed that tut.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    It is extremely unlikely that I will buy Sims 5, because I very much dislike the direction they are taking the series. However, I do like this type of game a lot, and I have no problem spending money on a good game, so it will likely be Paralives for me as long as Paralives does the Sims better than the Sims. :) If Paralives ends up disappointing at launch, I will skip that too.

When I look at how little time I spend playing Sims 4, versus the time I spend in playing Sims 3 and other games, I simply cannot justify how much money I have invested in Sims 4. I have zero desire to start this all over again with Sims 5. Of course, they could surprise me and release a proper Sims sequel, but currently I feel the odds of that happening are not looking so good. Especially with the talk of an online component, which is an auto fail in my opinion.

Additionally, I need a game that gives equal love to all ages & genders, as opposed to the majority of the CAS focusing on female adult sims, while a tiny amount gets split between other genders and ages. I wonder if anyone has ever done the math for this, it would be interesting to know how much each gender/age group gets as opposed to the overwhelming number of female sim items.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I think I'm going to stick with The Sims series. I don't really like the way Paralives looks, and The Sims 5 sounds like an interesting concept to me. I just don't think I could ever abandon The Sims, to be honest. I love all of them that I've played so far!
    edited March 2021
    APotts wrote: »
    It is extremely unlikely that I will buy Sims 5, because I very much dislike the direction they are taking the series. However, I do like this type of game a lot, and I have no problem spending money on a good game, so it will likely be Paralives for me as long as Paralives does the Sims better than the Sims. :) If Paralives ends up disappointing at launch, I will skip that too.

When I look at how little time I spend playing Sims 4, versus the time I spend in playing Sims 3 and other games, I simply cannot justify how much money I have invested in Sims 4. I have zero desire to start this all over again with Sims 5. Of course, they could surprise me and release a proper Sims sequel, but currently I feel the odds of that happening are not looking so good. Especially with the talk of an online component, which is an auto fail in my opinion.

Additionally, I need a game that gives equal love to all ages & genders, as opposed to the majority of the CAS focusing on female adult sims, while a tiny amount gets split between other genders and ages. I wonder if anyone has ever done the math for this, it would be interesting to know how much each gender/age group gets as opposed to the overwhelming number of female sim items.

They have been very interested in hearing ideas about elderly Parafolk ideas. One of their devs was very interested in what type of gameplay could be extended to the elderly. Hopefully they won't be the forgotten population this time. One interesting thing was about gradual aging that you don't actually have to be older (mentally? and physically?) to start looking older...or getting taller etc. So many little things I have thought about that some of their developers are thinking about, too.
    edited March 2021
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to stick with The Sims series. I don't really like the way Paralives looks, and The Sims 5 sounds like an interesting concept to me. I just don't think I could ever abandon The Sims, to be honest. I love all of them that I've played so far!

There have been things about all four games I have loved, too. I always wanted that big meshed together mega game. lol But I think I'm leaning more toward the interest of Paralives more and more the more I find out, than another Sim game that is possibly a multiplayer or combines single player with multiplayer aspects. I know I will have to say no to that.

ETA: one thing for sure, if TS5 turns out to be a multiplayer (maybe it isn't) those who really like Paralives will move on and TS5 players will be very happy to not have any griefers being negative because we will all be too busy playing Paralives (maybe) so a win win for Maxis not to get the negativity TS4 got and players who wanted single player life simulator playing a new game like Paralives. That sounds pretty good.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2021

I'm glad to meet someone here who is supporting them. I have seriously considered it, and wondered how risky that would be financially. I've never done that before.
    Thank you! yeah, I have a budget for supporting creators on patreon, and I see it as an investment into something that I enjoy, and they have several tiers so you don't have to go broke supporting them. Considering how much money I've spent on Sims games and DLC, to me this is nothing tbh. :D
    I would never try to 'recruit' people though, because I think it's so different what you want to spend money on, and I can understand why people might want to see more where they're going with it.
    I love the aspect of being in on the ground floor from the beginning and being able to make suggestions and vote on things is worth every penny spent IMO. Having a direct line to the developers of the game is worth it to me - I've been thinking and dreaming of the perfect simulation game since Sims 1 came out, and this feels like a chance for wish fulfillment. Obviously they won't be able to make the perfect game for me, since I'm not the only one playing, but which developer can say that anyway.
    I really like the stuff they've shown so far and the improvements are definitely coming along nicely.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited March 2021

Thank you! yeah, I have a budget for supporting creators on patreon, and I see it as an investment into something that I enjoy, and they have several tiers so you don't have to go broke supporting them. Considering how much money I've spent on Sims games and DLC, to me this is nothing tbh. :D
    I would never try to 'recruit' people though, because I think it's so different what you want to spend money on, and I can understand why people might want to see more where they're going with it.
    I love the aspect of being in on the ground floor from the beginning and being able to make suggestions and vote on things is worth every penny spent IMO. Having a direct line to the developers of the game is worth it to me - I've been thinking and dreaming of the perfect simulation game since Sims 1 came out, and this feels like a chance for wish fulfillment. Obviously they won't be able to make the perfect game for me, since I'm not the only one playing, but which developer can say that anyway.
    I really like the stuff they've shown so far and the improvements are definitely coming along nicely.

Oh I think it would be worth it, too. I was just concerned about the security of it all and privacy etc. I'm funny that way. (Protected financial information etc.)
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,176 Member
    Competition is good in the game industry. If there's a small chance in hell that Paralives can steal some glory from The Sims which will inspire EA to actually work on doing more than just releasing 20 half baked expansion and game packs to a half baked base game, I'm going to take it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It probably won't be out before 2023 imo because it's still so behind in development but from what I've seen it looks interesting so I'm pretty sure I will buy it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited March 2021
    It probably won't be out before 2023 imo because it's still so behind in development but from what I've seen it looks interesting so I'm pretty sure I will buy it.

If that is true then it would probably be a competing game against TS5 since so many think that game will also take that long. But I don't know, Paralives is in the process of moving over to actual gameplay (meaning most other things are finished?) and routing, paths etc. Maybe not as long since they have progressed over the last three years. One world is confirmed (probably not built yet) but gameplay is what they said they would be doing starting in March 2021. Does anyone know if this means they are done with character creation the Para thingy (CAS) and development of the traits etc. if they are moving over to actual routing and gameplay now?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top