March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• MoofytheManMoofytheMan Posts: 16 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Are they seriously going the mmo route with sims 5? Isn't that exactly what they were planning on doing with 4? and then decided against it because it was obviously a terrible idea, but we were still left with the side effects of the initial decision (no pools, no toddlers, low-poly everything, etc)? because if that's what they're doing then idk if i could buy sims 5, just on principle. EA has already made themselves look like money-grubbing fools in my eyes. maybe this is what will sell for them but i will not buy lmao
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Other
    Sims/Paralives is not challenging enough for me. I need to build and fight monsters. I'm into Ark Survival atm. They don't nickel and dime me to death.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Didn't know all that... (about Roxanne) I just read a lot of the comments about how traits could work and it was really deeper than even TS2's or TS3's trait systems. I hope they can implement some of those ideas because they were really good ones. I wish a TS5 developer could read what was discussed about traits because it was very articulate and detailed in my opinion. But just tweets in conversations with fans who were asking questions. I think all that is in one of Pixelade (?) Youtube videos about the game. I know I spelled his user name wrong.lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Other
    My decision whether or not to buy or abandon one game doesn’t depend on the same actions toward another. Nor should it. Frankly, I’m surprised such a blatant call for direct comparison and competition on an official forum to be tactless and suspect. On a third party forum, maybe. But not here.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Now that Paralives is an actual real thing people won't have to deny it anymore (Steam has a whole page dedicated to it) will you buy it and or continue to wait on TS5's possible MMO? After reading all the job openings for Maxis new AAA game, it's very possible (looking like it's true) that TS5 will probably be multiplayer in some form or fashion..will you jump ship with Maxis?

I can't answer to either game as TS5 is still a rumour and Paralives is a WIP that is subject to change, so anything seen isn't final or can be relied on at this point.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Other
    If The Sims 5 is an online/multiplayer game I will not buy it.
    When Paralives is released I will decide then.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Other
    Both appear to have interesting ideas but nothing that blows me away and take a seat on the hype train. So whenever they do come out if the interest is still there and I’m not playing any other games I might get one or the other or both to play.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    If Sims 5 is online only I will not be buying it. If it doesn't I will probably buy both
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Other
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    Sims/Paralives is not challenging enough for me. I need to build and fight monsters. I'm into Ark Survival atm. They don't nickel and dime me to death.

/offtopic

I LOVE ARK. It's so much fun with your friends!
    Though, the online severs are pretty awful. Wouldn't recommend. Also your bases decay SO fast. I was gone for 1,5 weeks for a holiday and my entire base broke down & all my dinos that were not in cryo died.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Other
    I'm tired of the sims and I've been waiting for a competitor so I can jump ship. Sadly, I'm poor, so will need to wait until the price drops a little before buying, but unless s5 turns out to be amazing, I'm planning to move to paralives soon after it launches.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'll definitely be getting ts5, but ill also get paralives because im interested in how it will turn out. It'd be nice to play a different life simulation. But ts5 would be my main game.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 971 Member
    Other
    Definitely getting Paralives. It seems really promising.

If TS5 looks alright, I might get that too. Though if the launch is absolutely terrible, it may still take some years, like with TS4, which I didn't play actively until 2017.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I will possibly try Paralives. I've followed it a bit. It has some interesting aspects. But, honestly, I'm not thrilled with the look of the parafolk. I'm hoping it's just the prototype, but if this is the end result, no.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next life simulator game. I'm not crazy about online game play, or subscription games. I enjoy sitting back and building in a one player game. If Sims goes subscription or online and no decent alternative comes along, I'm more likely to spend my time learning game development. It may take the rest of my life to make the game in my head but at least I'll be completely creating a world.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,352 Member
    Other
    I need lots more information on both before making that decision. I'm hoping Paralives will upgrade the appearance of its characters. Sims 5 we know absolutely nothing about so can't even begin to decide on that one.

What I have my hopes on has not been mentioned. Paradox is making a simulation game and the lead developer (Rod Humble) did Sims 2 and 3. That is what I am most excited about.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2021
    Never heard of it.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I wouldn't really call it "jumping ship," but I like the look of Paralives right now. If I still do at launch, I will pick it up. On the other hand, if the Sims 5 is the Sims 5 subscription or the Sims 5 MMO or the Sims 5 slot machine, then I will not pick it up. Certainly no good faith preordering after 4's launch.

If it is appealing, I will grab it. If it is not, I will ignore it.

Basically you wont pick it up if Sims 5 isn't a Sims game.

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    What I have my hopes on has not been mentioned. Paradox is making a simulation game and the lead developer (Rod Humble) did Sims 2 and 3. That is what I am most excited about.

Same here. I'm hoping we'll start hearing more about it soon.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    There's not enough information about either for me to make that decision. The Sims series is on an obvious decline in quality and if the pattern keeps up, TS5 is fated to be even worse than this iteration, especially with its rumors of multiplayer. It's worrisome to want to buy a game from a company that does not care about the game itself. (E... and... ugh, there was one more letter...)

I like that Paralives seems to be developed by a group that does have a passion for life simulators, but there's a long way they have to go in order to compete with The Sims, especially considering they're a much smaller team. Examples being that while the graphics and build mode look promising, the Parafolk need work in their appearance and I'm wondering if they can pull off developing complex AI for said folk. Which I'm sure is extremely difficult to do. That being said, I predict I'll purchase Paralives before I (assuming I ever do) purchase TS5.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other
    4 Sims games is enough for me. I'm old so I doubt I will have the time to play it before Grim shows up. Also my brain is turning into a raisin. ;)
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Other
    I need to see more from paralives before I can make a decision to buy it. Also the Sims 5 never released any trailers or info yet so I would need to see more from that too. Either way, I will always still play the Sims games I already do own. Even if I like paralives and decide to play that, I will still love and play my sims games.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I can’t exactly jump ship if I’m still playing sims 2 and 3

But I need to know more about both/everything offered before I choose what I might buy in the future.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Other
    I'd rather wait to see if Sims4 will finally improve their game before deciding on Sims5. As far as Paralives is concerned, I do not plan on buying it because quite frankly, the graphic design on the characters looks a bit too weird and unrealistic. Also, it's world looks too limited and boring. I do applaud their effort though so I will keep a look out for improvements in the future for Paralives.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I have a feeling that Paralives will indeed be a subscription, which can be good or bad depending if they add to their development team, as of now they are a small team but with promise in their hand. I will always try a new game and then make a decision. I think coming into the future both Maxis and the programers of paralives need to realize that games are changing and the needs of the gaming community are changing as well.

One very important thing is that if Paralives makes a similar game with all the same things The Sims has but does it better, it will burn out fast. They need to bring their A game in order to hold what they create. Examples are bring something new to the simulation of games, period.......This would include things such as funerals, actually bringing real life finally to a game.

The same goes for Maxis, if they want The Sims 5 to be a success, bring something unique to the game that has yet to be done before. Butttttt,........
    To the developers;-

I agree with those who say that focusing on The Sims 4 first is ESSENTIAL. In order for the Sims 4 team to move on, they have to get it right and keep learning and progressing on the great game they already have. I feel that the team are great talents but they are always missing one major element and that is someone or someones to work on separate projects, as far as I can see, too many people are working on one thing where all I see are not to the best efforts. This results in bugs where they end up wasting money on bug fixes rather than creating the best content they can offer. This exact example happens over and over again and the bugs keep piling up where eventually they can not be fixed, they are just "covered up".

I feel like they are spreading themselves too thin, and I know this because I have seen this before in many other games where they are pressured to push out content and they have no choice but to do so, it is not their fault, it often comes back to the Program director and on its way up to the CEO. One thing that I have learned is to never ever put blame on the dev's , because they are their for the love of the game and usually are restricted with what they can do. But I have also seen this situation kill many gaming companies as well, so I hope that EA/Maxis knows this and treats their people with care and go's with their ideas. I have seen it happen over and over in gaming companies and I'm not saying they are doing this, but it is a possibility. I understand the pressure and what it takes to work hard on a project, I just wish that this game truly took it's time on things because I think it would be better for all of us.

However, I wish for both of their successes and all games because without these people creating, I would have gone crazy by now. lol
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,371 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I'm going to get it. I don't play multis and I don't do subscriptions
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'll say that I would like to buy both of them, IF S5 will not become an online game. I'm cautiously optimistic about Paralives so far. I liked what they showed so far, but I'm waiting to have more information on gameplay features which won't be for a while since they're still early in development. I like how they're trying to get feedback from the community though.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Didn't know all that... (about Roxanne) I just read a lot of the comments about how traits could work and it was really deeper than even TS2's or TS3's trait systems. I hope they can implement some of those ideas because they were really good ones. I wish a TS5 developer could read what was discussed about traits because it was very articulate and detailed in my opinion. But just tweets in conversations with fans who were asking questions. I think all that is in one of Pixelade (?) Youtube videos about the game. I know I spelled his user name wrong.lol
    They've been doing monthly community brainstorming on Reddit and Discord. They already did one for aging and relationships. This month is about personalities if you're interested.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,392 Member
    Other
    I plan to hold off until I can see what they all are like fully completed...and then I will probably look at buying Paralives. For TS5, I will hold off until I see the Weather EP. However if it is anything like Sims 4...I'm out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top