Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing Sims3?

Just for fun, I'm curious to know how long everyone has been playing :)

I got into Sims 2 aged 10ish and I've had long periods (years) not playing but now in my mid-30s I'm still playing Sims 3 lol. I went crazy in a Steam sale and bought everything. Recently I went on a custom world binge and downloaded everything and finally settled on playing in Mayfield springs.

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2020
    Since prehistoric times, or almost. ;) We bought The Sims (1) after the first or maybe second expansion came out. My son asked for the game because a neighbor was playing it. Well, they played a littler here on our computer, and then *I* continued to play it until Sims 2 came out, which I was totally obsessed with (and no, son did not get near it very often). I was very surprised to find myself totally drop Sims 2 right after Sims 3 became available. Still playing 3 and have no intention of stopping unless it can no longer run or there is actually a Sims 5 that I like.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I started playing Sims 3 in July 2012, after watching my granddaughter play it on her mother's iPad while they were visiting us. I thought it looked like fun, and it definitely was, and still is. My other granddaughter had Sims 4 on her Christmas wishlist this year, so I bought it for her.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I bought the game when it released but was not able to play it because my computer wasn't good enough. I haven't played it much at all until around a month or two ago. It literally took eleven years for me to have a computer that will run it at a standard that I can tolerate.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I've been playing TS3 since it was released. Prior to that I played The Sims briefly and TS2 for quite a while. Before I discovered The Sims I played SimCity.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    Been playing 3 since release day, mostly been on and off though, I remember playing the PC version for a good year in 2010 before heading back to TS2 until the last expansion was released. Did play the Pets console versions at some point between 2012-2014 too. Even played the handheld version of 3 on the DS a little in 2010 but not enough to really remember.

Had a long history with the series in general.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Since February 2011.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    I've been playing Sims 3 since 2009. I did not buy it until a few months after the release though because I was so into Sims 2 at the time.
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I was first introduced to the Sims (though I didn't buy it) in 1999 when I saw it first on the shelves at our local retailer of prescription drugs and other essentials as well as computer systems. I thought it was a quaint little game based on a unique idea. But I was busy with a real estate deal at the time that I was negotiating for both vendor and purchaser and didn't give a thought to purchasing it. Didn't have time to put that time into playing.

I was first introduced to the the Sims 3 in Jan 2017 during recovery from a near-fatal bout with pneumonia. You soon realize that it's very hard to live if you can't breathe (near total lung congestion the number being given to me by the ER nurse was between 85-90%...on the x-ray and subsequent CAT Scan after being IV'd) Of course, after I get home...I realize that I didn't have anything to do during the course of my recovery and being male and stupid, I whined to my wife...that I needed "something to do..." Finally getting tired of my complaints, she handed me the Sims 3 disc, I think around the 11th of January, 2017 which was far longer than what I thought she'd stand my whining for. Most impressive.

So that was when I started playing Sims 3. Once I started playing, I was hooked...as in full-on 100% addiction. The town of Sunset Valley and its quaint sims...were like an addictive substance (not that I've tried any). I've been hooked ever since and it's now almost 4 years now.

2017 Nikkei_Simmer's sims.
    Screenshot-29.jpg

2020 Nikkei_Simmer's sims
    Screenshot-127.jpg

So, yeah, my addiction to Sims 3 just increases. :mrgreen: And provided my ticker lasts, I'm hoping to be here for a long time yet.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Since it came out! I started with TS1 when it came out and never looked back. Well, until TS4.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    2011, when I got my own laptop and started hiding things from my parents (like being gay or eating gluten). I played TS1 & 2 with friends who were allowed to buy T-rated games though, and made sure no one was watching.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited December 2020
    Since 2005 or 2006, when I was introduced to The Sims by my cousin. I only started playing The Sims 3 in August 2017 when I got a laptop for my birthday. Playing The Sims 3 and owning my own cat have helped me through my bouts of depression
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    not long a few months.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I got Sims 3 a day or two before the release date because I pre-ordered it. so I've played the game since it came out. But in the first year I played Sims 2 more while I slowly got used to Sims 3. And it got more and more fun with the expansions. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Since before The Sims was its own spinoff of SimCity. I didn't play SimCity, though. My older brother did. I played SimTown (a spinoff that was easier for child-me to understand) and SimTower. I found out about The Sims 1 and got the base game and maybe a few expansions. I got The Sims 2 when it came out and got more expansions with it, but still not all. My computer at that time couldn't handle all of them for either version.

It's only been relatively recently that I discovered I have a computer that can now run The Sims Complete Collection, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (that Origin gave away a while back) and The Sims 3 with every expansion and stuff pack (save for Sweet Treats since it's no longer being sold by Origin or Steam).

It could run Sims 4 up to whichever expansion it was that switched to not supporting 32 bit or whatever it was, but I don't have any expansions or whatever for Sims 4 since I don't have enough interest in doing so.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2020
    TS1 2001 My siblings eventually let me play the game and I was hooked.

TS2 I was busy working two jobs so I didn't experience it too much.

TS3 I started playing shortly after release. Someone let me borrow the game but I ended up ruining the case which forced me to buy my own copy so I could switch out the cases. It was a really nice distraction after making the move to a new state (homesick). I don't even mind the case being messed up. It just reminds me of that time in my life.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I've been playing Sims 3 since it was released and still am. I started with Sims 1 (it came free with my brand new desktop PC) and went on to Sims 2, then 3.
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited December 2020
    I grew up on Sims 2 and then of course bought Sims as soon as I could, which was sometime in late December(I kinda manipulated my little sister into spending her Christmas money to help me buy it 😅, but she wanted to play too, so not terrible.I was 18) . Then I went to college and didn’t really have much time for anything, so I didn’t play much until I graduated. I’m thirty now.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2020
    I borrowed my brother's copy of Sims 1 on New Year's Eve 2000, and stayed up most of the night; I was totally hooked from the start. I played it for a couple years after that, although I didn't get all of the expansions.

I never played Sims 2 because my laptop at the time didn't meet the minimum requirements.

When I got a new laptop in fall 2010, I bought Sims 3 almost as an afterthought: it was just sitting there on the shelf at the Apple Store where I got my MacBook Pro, and I figured why not try it, since I loved the first one. I got the bundle that included Ambitions and happily played with just that pack for about 6.5 years, until my laptop's performance started to falter a bit. I still tried to play though; I couldn't really help it.

I bought a new laptop in December 2017, and the rest of the EPs and some SPs in January 2018, but I still haven't really played with all the packs yet. I'm having too much fun adding one at a time and trying out all the new gameplay.
    Post edited by puzzlezaddict on
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Since just after the war, I needed something to do to relax. Of course, the natural question to ask is, "Which war?" and I think it was the Crimean.

Okay, it was Nov 2011, it must have been just after Thanksgiving, and just possibly I have recovery from a family holiday get together confused with recovery from a horrible battle event from the 1850s. To be fair though, that can be easy to do. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    I first installed a friend's copy of the base game when I was in college, so probably around 2011. Got a handful of expansion and stuff packs, but eventually the disc I was using broke but even before then my game was crashing because of the insane amount of CC I had install as well lol. By 2015/2016ish, my game was no longer functional. Recently I was able to get the 64 bit and metal version installed on my mac. The graphics are a disaster and I obviously don't have any stuff from my old saves to play (and I'm staying away from CC this go around since the 64 bit game is already not the most stable), but yeah, I guess I've officially been playing the sims 3 for almost 10 years now!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2020
    dw4518 wrote: »
    Just for fun, I'm curious to know how long everyone has been playing :)

I got into Sims 2 aged 10ish and I've had long periods (years) not playing but now in my mid-30s I'm still playing Sims 3 lol. I went crazy in a Steam sale and bought everything. Recently I went on a custom world binge and downloaded everything and finally settled on playing in Mayfield springs.

June 27, 2011 is when I registered the sims 3 base game but I didn't get to play until that December because I didn't have a computer that could run it. I registered it on my aunt's computer online, but installed it in December of 2011 once I got my laptop. Now I'm back on a desktop because my laptop can't run properly anymore and it's missing some keys.(my temper got to me and pulled some keys off. Stupid, I know.)

ETA: Overall, I actually started playing Sims in 2006, a year after Sims 2 was released, and I've never looked back. Lol. I stopped playing 2 after the official site was shut down.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    I've been playing TS3 since 2011 and it's still my favorite game even with all the performance issues it sill has. I currently have 1710 hours of playing on Origin!
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    from the beginning.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2020
    "...in the beginning, there were darkness, void, and no fun at all. And some production delays. Then finally EA's deep voice rang out and proclaimed, 'Let there be Sims (for a third time)!' And behold, there it was. EA saw that there were some bugs to fix, maybe a few patches were needed, but it was good. And lo, @blunote00 among others took out their credit card..." :)

--Book of igazor, 1:1-5.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Since around April-2016. And Sims 3 was my first sims game.