Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing Sims3?

Comments

• Options
    NaravethNaraveth Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been playing since The Sims, first generation, came out in Sweden. I was hyped and then I was hooked! :D Sims 3 is still my go2 addiction, because Sims4 can't really keep me engaged for very long, and I should really cut down my playtime concidering my age... Buuuut it's fun so who cares. ;) The Sims 2 is also something I play periodically but yeah, Sims3!!! <3
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I think I started playing Sims 3 in december 2014, so six years now.

Sims 4 was new then, but most of the people said, Sims 3 was better (they were right), so I bought it instead. I´m also playing Sims 4 now occasionally and made a step backwards to Sims 2, but Sims 3 is my all time favourite.

Never played the Sims, but a lot of Simcity 3000.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2020
    blunote00 wrote: »
    from the beginning.

I haven't seen you here for ages. It's great to see you again.

I've been playing Sims 3 sindde early June 2009.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    blunote00 wrote: »
    from the beginning.

I haven't seen you here for ages. It's great to see you again.

I've been playing Sims 3 sindde early June 2009.
    @Karritz
    Yeah it's been a very long time. Nice to see you lovely. It's good to be back. :)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I played it within a day or two of it being released. At the time, I was very much caught up in Sims 2 having only discovered it in late 2007. I didn't intend to buy Sims 3 but friends on the forum I was on then were posting first pictures and I have no will power.

I played on a Mac so it was a constant battle to keep the game going especially as I wanted to play the way I played Sims 2 which was lots of families and lots of cc. I struggled with it up till about mid 2012 before giving up and I left Sims altogether then for a few years. I came back for Sims 4 in 2014 but have had an on again, off again relationship with it.

Right now, I am totally hooked on Sims 3 again. I have the 64 bit Mac version and I am loving it. It is not without its bugs (on top of the usual bugs) but it is still a fun game experience. I think I will be here for a while. I have a lot of custom worlds to play through. :D
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Figwit wrote: »
    Right now, I am totally hooked on Sims 3 again. I have the 64 bit Mac version and I am loving it. It is not without its bugs (on top of the usual bugs) but it is still a fun game experience. I think I will be here for a while. I have a lot of custom worlds to play through. :D
    That's awesome! :smiley: When the bugs have been fixed, and I hope they will be, you Mac players will have a big advantage for once, when it comes to Sims 3. You have suffered for far too long with that 2 GB RAM cap. I'm on a PC and love big worlds with a bit of everything, and only being able to use about 3.5 GB RAM isn't fun.

Oh, I had the Figwit washing powder for a while in my game. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Since it came out. Before that I played TS2 and before that TS1.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Since it came out in 2009. I did start with Sims1 after playing it on my friends imac at the time. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    Since forever.. Well, since I got it in 2010. It’s my fav of the series. I’ve been binge playing a lot this month. Always fun. Sims 4 is just not even close to the fun of 3.
  • Options
    alma2003alma2003 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing since the beginning, 21yrs come February.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have been playing since Oct 27 2000 My grand daughter gave it tome on my birthday and have fell in love with the sims ever since. wow 20 yrs.
  • Options
    suetoopsuetoop Posts: 35 Member
    I have been playing the Sims 3 since the day it was released in 2009 and will continue to play as long as I have a PC that will run it. Before that I played The Sims starting in 2000 and then Sims 2 the day it was released. I loved them all. I purchased The Sims 4 as soon as it was released but it just doesn't have the same appeal for me.
  • Options
    nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
    The sims 1 since it came out I think, not quite sure but I still payed that in 2007 2008 ish, didn't have a lot of money or a good computer for any new sims game. I remember when I was babysitting some kids, they let me play sims 2. I wanted to build something and I remember that I couldn't figure out how to build even a wall, so I gave up very fast, since it wasn't my computer anyway, what would I gain from building on someone else's save.
    Since my country went in a much heavier lockdown somewhere in Oktober, I had to find something to do. So here we are. Sims 3.
    And I love it! Some of my friends gigglesnort at it but I don't care :D
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    It was my 8-year Sims 3 anniversary Sunday. It all started with the mobile games though.
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    January 2020. Found it on sale on Steam during their Lunar New Year sale, and have been playing it way, way too much ever since.

Never played any Sims game before that.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    January 2020. Found it on sale on Steam during their Lunar New Year sale, and have been playing it way, way too much ever since.

Never played any Sims game before that.

Sucks you in and makes you addicted. :D Been addicted for four years now...

Thanks EA.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I’ve been playing since 09 when I was 8/9 years old. I still play it now but I had wait to get a new computer because playing it on my current laptop is bad.
  • Options
    ive been playing since i was four (2010) , i would play the original sims 2000 on my moms laptop with her and sometimes by myself, then when i was six i got the sims 3 and was obsessed with it, i also got the sims 2 when it came out however many years ago on origin, i was still in second or third grade i think. i loved the sims 2 as well. i started modding my game in 2014 around the time sims 4 came out, and even though i was eight i said that "the sims 4 looked sucky" and i didnt want it, i eventually got it on sale and played it a bit, then once get together came out i played the sims 4 more, then i got back into sims 3 and im currently playing mostly 3&2
  • Options
    > @XxSL4UGhT3R_H4UZZxX said:
    > ive been playing since i was four (2010) , i would play the original sims 2000 on my moms laptop with her and sometimes by myself, then when i was six i got the sims 3 and was obsessed with it, i also got the sims 2 when it came out however many years ago on origin, i was still in second or third grade i think. i loved the sims 2 as well. i started modding my game in 2014 around the time sims 4 came out, and even though i was eight i said that "the sims 4 looked sucky" and i didnt want it, i eventually got it on sale and played it a bit, then once get together came out i played the sims 4 more, then i got back into sims 3 and im currently playing mostly 3&2

anyways with yesterday being my fifteenth ive acquired on record, 412 hours on sims 2, 1000 and something on sims 3, and around 700 on sims 4. along with off record sims 3 before i had it on origin, as well as countless hours on the sims 2000 and sims 2 castaway for ds and sims 2 pets for the ps2 lol
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Sims 3 from the start.
    Same with The Sims & Sims 2 & 4.
    I think I am addicted. Please don't help though as I am quite happy this way.
    Especially now I am retired and though not happy being somewhat isolated for now at least I can play whenever I feel like it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I got The Sims 1 for Christmas in 2003. So I will have played the series for 18 years (over half my life :astonished: ) December 2021. Time truly does fly when you're having fun. :tongue:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I got The Sims 1 for Christmas in 2003. So I will have played the series for 18 years (over half my life :astonished: ) December 2021. Time truly does fly when you're having fun. :tongue:

~sigh...to be that young again. :mrgreen:

I've been playing the sims for 2/25ths of my life, a relatively brief period of time in comparison. :(

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I've started playing The Sims when I was about 11 or so? Maybe younger, since I remember seeing Livin' Large on the store shelves and buying it. So anywhere from 16-20 years. I followed the franchise through Sims 2. I got Sims 3 when it first came out, but hated it. I would play off and on, but never really enjoying it despite all the packs I got. But I did play 4.

Then I got really frustrated with Sims 4 and how the franchise was being handled, so I jumped back to 3. I still play 4, but I'd like to return to 3 from time to time. And can I just say, I really freaking love the stories in The Sims 3? Twinbrook's lore alone is making me consider buying more packs, just to find some more goodies.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've started playing The Sims when I was about 11 or so? Maybe younger, since I remember seeing Livin' Large on the store shelves and buying it. So anywhere from 16-20 years. I followed the franchise through Sims 2. I got Sims 3 when it first came out, but hated it. I would play off and on, but never really enjoying it despite all the packs I got. But I did play 4.

Then I got really frustrated with Sims 4 and how the franchise was being handled, so I jumped back to 3. I still play 4, but I'd like to return to 3 from time to time. And can I just say, I really freaking love the stories in The Sims 3? Twinbrook's lore alone is making me consider buying more packs, just to find some more goodies.

Twinbrook, along with Sunset Valley and Riverview are the three towns of the most developed lores from The SIms 3, I recommend downloading Riverview free from Exchange Store since it's much more related to TS2.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2021
    Since late 2018. I wanted to get into the Sims franchise, and the cost of TS4 was like $60 at the time. I bought most of the bigger packs (I have University, Ambitions, Showtime, Generations, Seasons, and Pets) during a Steam sale when they were $5 each. TS3 was $20 if I recall. My computers tended to struggle with the game, crashing constantly. I wanted a temporary computer to do college work until I could afford a proper gaming machine, and I got a decent refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010 with an i7 (3770) and 16GB of RAM (which really doesn't matter with TS3) as a temp. It was built in 2014. The game has not crashed once on this PC. I want to use NRass again, but I'm afraid if I change one thing, it might goof up again. TS3 has so much more stuff than TS4. Thus, I'm back into it a lot.

And recently, I'm back again. Finally, I'm starting to get a good grasp on CAS. Back when rumors of a farm/ranch pack started flying early last year, I did a huge amount of equestrian Sims; mostly using the models used by various retailers (largely tack/farm stuff), and some photos off Getty Images. As it turned out, pretty much none of the individuals I chose were actually models. All but a couple of the individuals I had chosen were very skilled equestrians and horse trainers. One group was pretty much the entire rodeo team of a college in Utah. You can't do horses in TS4; so off to TS3. I can do male Sims in CAS well (so far, I've only completed my Simself), but I haven't successfully done a female Sim or horse yet.