Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wasn't happy at the begining because three reasons. First, sponsored packs cost the same as non sponsored ones and we can't see a difference in content (be it CAS, BB or game mechanics) but surely EA is getting an extra to produce them, right? Why can't we players see it? Second, the Sims is its own franchise and so is SW, they have different lore and a spinn off can't have the same quality that each offer separately. Third, Sims 4 already has Sixam, I didn't see the need to add a completly different franchise to expand on sci-fi and occults when aliens offer so little (compared with magic casters and vampires) and we lack lots on Sixam.

Then, I watched GameChangers reviews and gameplay on YouTube and became flagbasted. SW aliens look halfway done, no CAS modifying to those masks and skin doesn't cover all the body. I understand uniforms are complete outfits, shoes included but, why so many not uniform full outfits we can't even swith shoes of? Why must I dress my sims in JtB outfits when going to Batuu?

Why are the lots so small? Why can't we modify them unless using cheats? We can't build a dwelling in Batuu, we can't live there, we can only go inside three lots, we can't see most vendors and instead have to interact with card storefronts. We can't romance with NPCs. Why is most BB plain decor and crates? Why is it all in the game catalogue instead of being behind hiddenobjects or liveeditobjects?

You could very well love the mission system, I personaly enjoyed Strangerville, but they've taken a lot of what playing the sims is, that I feel the tradeoff isn't worth it.

And, finally, the pre-patch broke a lot of stuff, including Maxis windows, and introduced an awefull amount of bugs both old and new. The pack doesn't feel finished, I don't know for how long have they been working on it but, honestly, I feel that they have directed most their efforts on making Batuu look like Galaxy's Edge than in offering us a wholesome sims experience.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I seriously enjoyed this thread, it has made for great bedtime reading. There were some very interesting comments from both sides of the debate.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    That is what EA should do, but I don't think they actually do much survey research. They rely heavily on telemetry and focus groups, which explains some of the head-scratching decisions they make. For instance, they made the decision to leave toddlers out of Sims 4 based, at least in large part, of data collected from telemetry which showed people generally aged up toddlers as soon as possible. Of course, telemetry did not tell them why, but I'm not sure it occurred to anyone to try to find out why. One of the more appalling interviews with, I think it was SimGuru Drake, was regarding teenage girls and how the game was being geared and marketed towards them. However, she said that they couldn't actually talk to teenage girls, so they talked to adults who work with teenage girls.

IOW, EA doesn't seem to understand that data collection and interpretation of the data is very much an art.

Fair enough. Weirdly TS4 is the first version of The Sims where I ruthlessly age up my sims until they're at least children, and maybe until they're teens. There's just not enough interesting for toddlers and kids to do.

However, even if EA is relying on data on how players play the game to figure out what to do next, that doesn't change my initial point, which was that just looking at replies on a message board or the ratio of likes to dislikes on a trailer or a web poll is not how proper surveys are conducted.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    That is what EA should do, but I don't think they actually do much survey research. They rely heavily on telemetry and focus groups, which explains some of the head-scratching decisions they make. For instance, they made the decision to leave toddlers out of Sims 4 based, at least in large part, of data collected from telemetry which showed people generally aged up toddlers as soon as possible. Of course, telemetry did not tell them why, but I'm not sure it occurred to anyone to try to find out why. One of the more appalling interviews with, I think it was SimGuru Drake, was regarding teenage girls and how the game was being geared and marketed towards them. However, she said that they couldn't actually talk to teenage girls, so they talked to adults who work with teenage girls.

IOW, EA doesn't seem to understand that data collection and interpretation of the data is very much an art.

Fair enough. Weirdly TS4 is the first version of The Sims where I ruthlessly age up my sims until they're at least children, and maybe until they're teens. There's just not enough interesting for toddlers and kids to do.

However, even if EA is relying on data on how players play the game to figure out what to do next, that doesn't change my initial point, which was that just looking at replies on a message board or the ratio of likes to dislikes on a trailer or a web poll is not how proper surveys are conducted.

Oh, I agree with you. EA absolutely should be conducting survey research. It's just that either they're really not, or they're discarding the results they don't like. Given how many anticipated releases of theirs have, well, not done well though they should have printed money for EA, it really makes me question their methods.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I know why we never had this pack before.

NOBODY ASKED FOR IT BEFORE.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't know & I don't understand the hate even before trying out the game.

TBH, I don't actually trust any reviews, because...
    1st, our gameplay style is different,
    2nd, our perception & satisfaction level is different,
    3rd, I know what I like and what I don't like,
    4th, I prefer not to jump onto a bandwagon,
    5th, I always keep my option.

There's one thing that irks me the most is, when people said, "We" in almost every argument that they have. Who's "We"? I never asked anyone to be my spokesperson.

Other than that, I sincerely hope that TS4 team will be polishing all the existing gameplay as much & as fast as they can. New packs are always good, in fact, very good, but I really hope that, we could see the improvement on the existing gameplay too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

There's one thing that irks me the most is, when people said, "We" in almost every argument that they have. Who's "We"? I never asked anyone to be my spokesperson.

Other than that, I sincerely hope that TS4 team will be polishing all the existing gameplay as much & as fast as they can. New packs are always good, in fact, very good, but I really hope that, we could see the improvement on the existing gameplay too.

@xamira99 Well many of the reviews literally just show you the things that come with the pack and the arguements they use are proved by in-game footage. No reviewer is like "This game sucks" without showing and proving why they think so and vice versa.
    There is no reason not to trust reviews, you can have a different opinion or perspective but honestly everything they show is true.

Also saying that reviewers "jump onto a bandwagon" isn't true and it's disrespectful to reviewers who just happen to have a similar opinion. It's not a nice thing to say to someone who share his opinion that he's just "jumping onto a bandwagon and doesn't have an original opinion"
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I know people say "Hey, you've got yourself a pretty small sample there, Loanet."

But I'm right. I really am. People ask for occults, farming, we even asked for eco living and knitting...

But this? If I wanted to Star Wars Cosplay, I'd be a Star Wars fan and play a Star Wars game. Not spend so much time on Sims 4
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I hope the bitterness will subside soon. Ultimately, it isn't our call as players what will be added to the game. I have a feeling that this part is what bothers people the most - a lack of power they believe themselves entitled to. But nowhere does it say that players can expect to have that kind of power.

Then people claim that throwing a fit gave them toddlers, and that it justifies throwing more fits. Well, I think it is fundamentally wrong to communicate this way, and I hope EAxis will stop rewarding such behavior.

In my opinion, they should not have added toddlers as a response to that kind of behavior. Perhaps they have made the same conclusion and will not cave to angry masses in the future, as that will be a really toxic relationship. I'm glad that the least wanted pack is now released, because I hope it's also a message to players - that they shouldn't get too comfortable thinking they can just bluster and then have their way.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone.

EA is a greedy company who is only there for the cash. You made it sound like EA are great parents and spoil their children meanwhile us players are being 'ungrateful'?

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

@xamira99 Well many of the reviews literally just show you the things that come with the pack and the arguements they use are proved by in-game footage. No reviewer is like "This game sucks" without showing and proving why they think so and vice versa.
    There is no reason not to trust reviews, you can have a different opinion or perspective but honestly everything they show is true.

Also saying that reviewers "jump onto a bandwagon" isn't true and it's disrespectful to reviewers who just happen to have a similar opinion. It's not a nice thing to say to someone who share his opinion that he's just "jumping onto a bandwagon and doesn't have an original opinion"

I didn't even say the reviewers jump onto a bandwagon, but I noticed a few on the twitters are joining the bandwagon just to expand their network (follower counts) despite getting all the current packs for free from giveaways or gifted. What I meant for bandwagon effect, here is the hate on the pack (I never referred bandwagon as someone), before even trying out the pack just because the title is Star Wars.Now and then, people keep belittle those who like the pack are missing out something that's more important. We might be playing the same game, but I have my own standard & of course gameplay style. I've seen a lot of "we don't want this", "we don't need this" ...who are "we"?

I'm not saying that the reviewers are not showing what isn't true, but, you know, it's hard to give a good review if one is already having a specific perception on what they like and what they don't like (after the first trailer). Hence, I won't trust it for that particular reason. Plus, most of them are not playing like how I play my game. So, not all things that they said which is true might not be something that less important for my own gameplay experience. I kinda respect LGR, because he said that he won't give a review on this pack because he doesn't like it. So, it's much more respectful than giving a review for a view.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've only seen the first Star Wars film when it first came out and am approaching the pack knowing nothing about the Lore of Star Wars so it's just an adventure game for me. I enjoyed the adventures in World Adventures so probably I'm the type of person this pack is aimed at, as well as those Star Wars fans who might like something different.

The CAS is ideal for grungy type scenarios and the objects will suit my bunkers in Area 52, previously known as Oasis Springs later on. The objects are very well made and many more than we get in usual Game packs.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's not being bias to say no one I know wanted this type pack. We operate in the world we live in. So, show me on this forum where anyone asked or said omg, Maxis, please make a SW pack about the new Disney theme park, and make sure it's story driven, and the aliens are Sims in costumes (if your Sim married one would they have an alien?) etc. etc. And then show me where it got a huge amount of support. Now, if you can't point out where those threads exists and or requests and or twitter feeds where thousands approved, liked, supported a request for JTB (A Disney park snafu) then it is only be biased on the other foot, hoping to rescuse Maxis from this debocale. Because we all know actually no one asked for this. Or we would see the links to where someone did. (The only place it may have appeared before developing was in a survey by a Sim fan, where it got less than 3K likes). To be fair I'll give everyone who is saying people are being biased for disliking it, time to find the thread on Reddit, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube or where ever, begging Maxis to develop a SW pack with only three lots, fake aliens, story driven, fake backdrop game. One doesn't exist. What does exists are threads upon threads about cars, babies, farming etc. Everywhere. Where is this infamous thread where people were begging Maxis to build a SW pack? No where.

You know what I see, it's just like when EAxis, even though everyone was telling them what they wanted for the next iteration said nope, we are building a multiplayer...though there may have been only a handful at the time who would have wanted it, the rest of the Simmer world (no matter where they post) was saying no, but EAxis went ahead with Project Olympus, now known as TS4, the salvaged multiplayer. It's the same difference.

And another thing about it's nice to get new players, yes, for EAxis. I'm a single player how does getting new players help me play my game? Because you know what, if they listened to their core, they wouldn't need new players. They would have all the money they wanted or needed to keep producing, but greed won. It's not the pack or being entitled, it's the direction, they still string along their customer base, with little speeches of how they hear you. Well, after six years aren't we all tired of saying what we want improved, changed, fixed? Why did we even have to do that in the first place? That is the question. Why did anybody have to remind EAxis, no we don't want any thing but a life simulator.

Because no, it's not being entitled because we know their success was built on the backs of their fans, who gave them twenty years of suggestions and ways to improve the UI, the games, the packs or whatever. Those who have been around a very long time know some gameplay and UI improvements and or whatever, even new ideas, came from players who have been giving them feedback for years. Does anyone think Maxis came up with all that TS4 is right now, I have to laugh. Everything about Maxis in the first fifteen years was suggestions by fans. Not the in grand ideas of developers.
    TS4 is a different story in some cases, but still all those improvements so many enjoy were suggestions by their long time fans.

ETA: Just look at what wasn't successful (money) for Maxis, the packs no one wanted (otherwise maybe a few).
    The ideas and suggestions players made (huge numbers of fans) were well received. (Money)
    But the packs they decided to do without any input from fans are a bust.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats is a good example, not even offered for years anymore. Failed.

Others they have had to bundle to get people to even try. Their ideas without any fan knowledge seem to fail.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've only seen the first Star Wars film when it first came out and am approaching the pack knowing nothing about the Lore of Star Wars so it's just an adventure game for me. I enjoyed the adventures in World Adventures so probably I'm the type of person this pack is aimed at, as well as those Star Wars fans who might like something different.

The CAS is ideal for grungy type scenarios and the objects will suit my bunkers in Area 52, previously known as Oasis Springs later on. The objects are very well made and many more than we get in usual Game packs.

@Simburian I loved World Adventures too but this pack doesn't feel like an adventure to me because all you do is talk to people, go into rabbit holes and read what your sims is doing through text.
    In World adventures you were actually following your sim, you were solving puzzles. It was hands on, this one isn't.
  • Options

@Simburian I loved World Adventures too but this pack doesn't feel like an adventure to me because all you do is talk to people, go into rabbit holes and read what your sims is doing through text.
    In World adventures you were actually following your sim, you were solving puzzles. It was hands on, this one isn't.

I never did buy WA, because I felt it didn't belong. I'm a tradional Simmer, where I feel the games need to remain true to their roots. However, I can almost give WA a pass because at least Sims can travel back to those worlds and stay there, buy a vacation home?, and do other things other than play the scripted play. Not much purpose in JTB after the story is done.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

I never did buy WA, because I felt it didn't belong. I'm a tradional Simmer, where I feel the games need to remain true to their roots. However, I can almost give WA a pass because at least Sims can travel back to those worlds and stay there, buy a vacation home?, and do other things other than play the scripted play. Not much purpose in JTB after the story is done.

@Cinebar Yeah true. World Adventures was so useful for travelling. I had my married sims go on vacation to France and eat local food, meet people, visit people's homes. I had bought a vacation home in China and had a painter Sim go there and paint in nature. Or my athletic sims would go there to meditate and practise or work out.
    But my favorite thing about World Adventures was when Seasons and Island Living came out and I was bored of visiting tropical places in the summer I would have my families visit Egypt and swin in the "Nile" and it was super fun.

Even though I loved the adventure aspect of that EP you could also do so much more than the missions. JtB is the exact oppposite, you get boring missions and you can't do anything else than that.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I didn't even say the reviewers jump onto a bandwagon, but I noticed a few on the twitters are joining the bandwagon just to expand their network (follower counts) despite getting all the current packs for free from giveaways or gifted. What I meant for bandwagon effect, here is the hate on the pack (I never referred bandwagon as someone), before even trying out the pack just because the title is Star Wars.Now and then, people keep belittle those who like the pack are missing out something that's more important. We might be playing the same game, but I have my own standard & of course gameplay style. I've seen a lot of "we don't want this", "we don't need this" ...who are "we"?

I'm not saying that the reviewers are not showing what isn't true, but, you know, it's hard to give a good review if one is already having a specific perception on what they like and what they don't like (after the first trailer). Hence, I won't trust it for that particular reason. Plus, most of them are not playing like how I play my game. So, not all things that they said which is true might not be something that less important for my own gameplay experience. I kinda respect LGR, because he said that he won't give a review on this pack because he doesn't like it. So, it's much more respectful than giving a review for a view.
    I tend to agree with that. I noticed many were initially positive about MFPS but now using it as an example to put Star Wars down. SimVIP is a good example of bias shown because of the influencer program. They even admitted to lying about packs for years with the Sims 3 and 4 and as soon as their special privileges got taken away they were criticising packs again and did a bandwagon against multiple CMs. I respect LGR too. Carl did a really good review too and brought a lot of good points. I do think it makes a bigger impact to review a game with your own money rather than obtaining it for free Game Changer or not. But ok not to get the game too. I agree we all play differently. I approached Star Wars like Strangerville of not following the story but forging my own path. Probably won't work as well this time around, but so far enjoying it more than the bulk of stuff packs for any of the games. I like building and gameplay. I think those that play purely in CAS won't enjoy this pack especially if they prefer the Barbie doll look for packs. It is much more rugged and not the traditional clean modern look like City Living is in a lot of ways with their penthouses.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2020
    @SimmerGeorge

...... Being a major fan of ideas like Micro Economics I can very well understand what you're trying to say with your explanation of consumer spending habits creating marketing curves in executive production.... however... it's been my experience that you will have a difficult time finding people who will understand, care, or be willing to assume responsibility for their own contribution to the problem that they themselves will likely even complain about at some point.... if not here today about a sims' pack, then maybe later about the price of gas, or their phone bill (or something)

Nevertheless.... it was greatly refreshing to see your posts concerning the subject of the "bigger picture", and the enabling of consumer spending vs production. Thanks for that.
    Post edited by muzickmage on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Nushka wrote: »
    I wasn't happy at the begining because three reasons. First, sponsored packs cost the same as non sponsored ones and we can't see a difference in content (be it CAS, BB or game mechanics) but surely EA is getting an extra to produce them, right? Why can't we players see it? Second, the Sims is its own franchise and so is SW, they have different lore and a spinn off can't have the same quality that each offer separately. Third, Sims 4 already has Sixam, I didn't see the need to add a completly different franchise to expand on sci-fi and occults when aliens offer so little (compared with magic casters and vampires) and we lack lots on Sixam.

Then, I watched GameChangers reviews and gameplay on YouTube and became flagbasted. SW aliens look halfway done, no CAS modifying to those masks and skin doesn't cover all the body. I understand uniforms are complete outfits, shoes included but, why so many not uniform full outfits we can't even swith shoes of? Why must I dress my sims in JtB outfits when going to Batuu?

Why are the lots so small? Why can't we modify them unless using cheats? We can't build a dwelling in Batuu, we can't live there, we can only go inside three lots, we can't see most vendors and instead have to interact with card storefronts. We can't romance with NPCs. Why is most BB plain decor and crates? Why is it all in the game catalogue instead of being behind hiddenobjects or liveeditobjects?

You could very well love the mission system, I personaly enjoyed Strangerville, but they've taken a lot of what playing the sims is, that I feel the tradeoff isn't worth it.

And, finally, the pre-patch broke a lot of stuff, including Maxis windows, and introduced an awefull amount of bugs both old and new. The pack doesn't feel finished, I don't know for how long have they been working on it but, honestly, I feel that they have directed most their efforts on making Batuu look like Galaxy's Edge than in offering us a wholesome sims experience.

I'm going to assume Disney had a lot to do with what would be possible inside their theme park replica and what wouldn't. If this was built in the true form of The Sims, it wouldn't be so isolated from the rest of the game would it? Such as your Sim (traits, inventory, clothes/form, powers) is going to be in trouble if you take an occult Sim there to play the 'missions'. But if this was in true Sim style it wouldn't matter if that Sim was an occult Sim from a different pack. No cross overs by Disney, I guess. Too restrictive in that aspect because our occult Sims (such as vampire) lose their powers etc and other things happen to other occults.

Too much restriction from Disney? To acutaly play it in Sim Style.
    How much of the world would be accessible to play in Sim style. Such as buy a vacation home..no.
    Such as romance and marry Disney (SW) characters? no.
    Such as more than three lots to interact and enter in open format? No. That would possibly ruin the look and feel of the Disney park if we were allowed to change things....
    Edit Disney replica buildings? No.
    Aliens in the world not actually alien because if you could have one or your Sim get pregnant would there be a new born of that race? No.

I think the whole problem with such as SW pack is Maxis didn't think about Sim Style and add anything or any feature that is Sim Style other than watered down fight scenes without any consequences which isn't Sim Style but reserved particularly for childish TS4.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I did give WA an pass because you of what you can do in those places and I did actually have fun playing them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    It's not being bias to say no one I know wanted this type pack. We operate in the world we live in. So, show me on this forum where anyone asked or said omg, Maxis, please make a SW pack about the new Disney theme park, and make sure it's story driven, and the aliens are Sims in costumes (if your Sim married one would they have an alien?) etc. etc. And then show me where it got a huge amount of support. Now, if you can't point out where those threads exists and or requests and or twitter feeds where thousands approved, liked, supported a request for JTB (A Disney park snafu) then it is only be biased on the other foot, hoping to rescuse Maxis from this debocale. Because we all know actually no one asked for this. Or we would see the links to where someone did. (The only place it may have appeared before developing was in a survey by a Sim fan, where it got less than 3K likes). To be fair I'll give everyone who is saying people are being biased for disliking it, time to find the thread on Reddit, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube or where ever, begging Maxis to develop a SW pack with only three lots, fake aliens, story driven, fake backdrop game. One doesn't exist. What does exists are threads upon threads about cars, babies, farming etc. Everywhere. Where is this infamous thread where people were begging Maxis to build a SW pack? No where.

You know what I see, it's just like when EAxis, even though everyone was telling them what they wanted for the next iteration said nope, we are building a multiplayer...though there may have been only a handful at the time who would have wanted it, the rest of the Simmer world (no matter where they post) was saying no, but EAxis went ahead with Project Olympus, now known as TS4, the salvaged multiplayer. It's the same difference.

And another thing about it's nice to get new players, yes, for EAxis. I'm a single player how does getting new players help me play my game? Because you know what, if they listened to their core, they wouldn't need new players. They would have all the money they wanted or needed to keep producing, but greed won. It's not the pack or being entitled, it's the direction, they still string along their customer base, with little speeches of how they hear you. Well, after six years aren't we all tired of saying what we want improved, changed, fixed? Why did we even have to do that in the first place? That is the question. Why did anybody have to remind EAxis, no we don't want any thing but a life simulator.

Because no, it's not being entitled because we know their success was built on the backs of their fans, who gave them twenty years of suggestions and ways to improve the UI, the games, the packs or whatever. Those who have been around a very long time know some gameplay and UI improvements and or whatever, even new ideas, came from players who have been giving them feedback for years. Does anyone think Maxis came up with all that TS4 is right now, I have to laugh. Everything about Maxis in the first fifteen years was suggestions by fans. Not the in grand ideas of developers.
    TS4 is a different story in some cases, but still all those improvements so many enjoy were suggestions by their long time fans.

ETA: Just look at what wasn't successful (money) for Maxis, the packs no one wanted (otherwise maybe a few).
    The ideas and suggestions players made (huge numbers of fans) were well received. (Money)
    But the packs they decided to do without any input from fans are a bust.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats is a good example, not even offered for years anymore. Failed.

Others they have had to bundle to get people to even try. Their ideas without any fan knowledge seem to fail.

In all fairness.... I have to agree. Put the cards on the table. Where are the links to the posts/surveys etc that actually requested the Star Wars pack.

Saying that we would like sci-fi doesn't mean we asked for what we got. I'm not saying nobody wants it now that we know about it.... but I fail to see evidence that someone somewhere actually asked for this.

So far.... the claim "nobody asked for this" isn't yet challenged by evidence of the contrary.

I too would like to see such links posted.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I wonder if some people even read the discussions on this forum and take other people’s posts into consideration.
    I guess not, because how else do we always end up with “NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS”.

At this stage I have no butt left from laughing, which is a pity, because it looked good on me.

Maybe you would like to be the first one to post the link showing clearly that someone did ask for this. Until then I have no choice but wonder which discussion on this forum we should be taking into consideration.
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I did give WA an pass because you of what you can do in those places and I did actually have fun playing them.

WA was a hidden treasure. Sure I’d have rather my sims have take a tropical vacation, but I never felt like I HAD to do the tombs, or like my sims were wasting their time. Family vacations to Egypt were really fun. Not my favorite pack, but it was a fun time!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Komura wrote: »

WA was a hidden treasure. Sure I’d have rather my sims have take a tropical vacation, but I never felt like I HAD to do the tombs, or like my sims were wasting their time. Family vacations to Egypt were really fun. Not my favorite pack, but it was a fun time!

Yes, that is how I treated WA as an vacation spot. However, with this SW pack I can't even edit the vacation spot and I feel it is what you see is what you get. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Komura wrote: »

Yes, that is how I treated WA as an vacation spot. However, with this SW pack I can't even edit the vacation spot and I feel it is what you see is what you get. :(

Using it for vacation would have been the only reason I’d buy this pack, I still can’t believe there’s only three lots and so many rabbit holes. It’s a very pretty world but as someone said it’s like fondant, it looks nice, but it has no good taste.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Maybe Romeo should explain why in lieu of a livestream he’s been sent to defend the pack against “false” complaints. If there’s really “more to it” than people are showing....then do an official livestream and show us!