October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,681 Member
    I don't really understand people complaining that the build/buy does not fit anywhere else since it is themed. Do people not use the magic items anywhere else because they are themed? What about the GTW stuff that is themed to fit around hospitals, labs and a police station?

    There are a few decor pieces for stormtrooper helmet storage etc which I can understand people not wanting to use elsewhere, but the rest of it seems fine... well, to me, anyway *shrugs*

    What people mean is for say modern looking houses, it doesn’t fit. It doesn’t fit a lot of themes. I like to build but I wouldn’t use those objects. No hate to people that would. I don’t use those get to to work items for building Either. For me I look at game play a pack will bring first and then build and buy second or third if CAS is good. I know lots of people don’t and that’s okay.
    As an example I use the Vampire build and buy stuff a lot. Probably more than I play with vampires, I bought it for both. But I know people who bought it for build and buy as the style was something that could be used in a lot of builds. The Star Wars BB looks way too niche. For me.
  • LionflashLionflash Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 10
    No seasons, no weather, no eco footprint, no pets allowed, no occults, no inventory, no working active careers or managing a business/restaurant on batuu.

    This pack is the antithesis of expanding, compounding sand-box gameplay that The Sims is all about.

    Journey to Batuu is a well-made and well produced pack by talented developers with amazing sound design and world design--but the pack is a 4 hour single player MMO with uninteresting, repetitive gameplay and level design.

    It would have been nice to own a business on Batuu, or run your own cantina--the content is so closed off from the rest of the game.
  • LiefLief Posts: 93 Member
    its becuase sims is a sandbox game this pack isnt
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 10
    I don't really understand people complaining that the build/buy does not fit anywhere else since it is themed. Do people not use the magic items anywhere else because they are themed? What about the GTW stuff that is themed to fit around hospitals, labs and a police station?

    There are a few decor pieces for stormtrooper helmet storage etc which I can understand people not wanting to use elsewhere, but the rest of it seems fine... well, to me, anyway *shrugs*

    You're absolutely right. The majority of people decide to 'hate' the pack out of principle, however, a true builder who loves Sci-Fi would want to snatch this one up without hesitation. You don't even have to travel to Batuu to get pleasure out of this DLC. There is so much scope for these items. There is nothing that screams 'Star Wars' about most of them. That entire modular curved bar is worth a tenner! (Well that's just me getting excited.)

    I totally understand people may not want to spend $20 on a collection of Sci-Fi objects, but I can imagine a lot of them getting it on sale once they see the incredible builds that will be shared on the gallery.
    Building is also gameplay.
    Builders are also simmers.

    It’s as someone above stated, that it does not goes necessarily with any of the modern, waterside, or victorian styles from any of the worlds. For me it is because with the items from ROM we still received a world that goes with the items that which were meant to fit into, and also the build items are perfect with the Vampire world as well. They all mesh together well. I’ve used both occult item sets to make haunted mansions and what not, and they still fit with the overall gameplay. I don’t see the need to undermine why someone is upset about certain things from a pack, most people are critical because they love this game so much and want to express their disappointment. I totally understand that some enjoy the pack and have no complaints and they have every right to feel that way! but please understand that not everyone feels that way, and as long as they are conveying their disappointment in an appropriate manner, then they have the right to express that disappointment. That said The build items do seem cool! I actually was tempted to purchase this pack before for the items, but once i saw them all I realized I they did not go with any gameplay I do and I do not want to spend $20 just to build some houses.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited September 11
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    @LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by @Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    @Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    @j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    @LiElf
    Ditto

    @Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again @CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've not bought it because I have stopped playing the game due to it becoming boring and too woke/pc as well as I have never been interested in Star Wars or any type of sci-fi and space.
    I think Sims 4 is more aimed for children these days and has no love or loyalty to the players who have played sims since it first started.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    @LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by @Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    @Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    @j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    @LiElf
    Ditto

    @Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again @CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    One of the most sequestered packs.... that's a perfect way to describe it.

    First, they design a GP in such a way that the rest of the game isn't allowed to be part of it (ie; occult, build mode, inventory). Then, they toss it in the least exciting area of the game where even I sometimes forget exists. (I use the vacation area of the game..... rarely.)

    The Star Wars GP is like a drunk uncle that you set up in the tool shed out back for when company arrives. He's still part of the sims' family, and you may want to use his stuff in your sim house and community, but, you won't be bringing your stuff to the tool shed where your drunk uncle is.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,653 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.

  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 732 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    Tbh, I've always suspected this, *puts on tinfoil hat* especially since Laundry Day launched/was announced. Back then I said to myself that "I bet they had already had these items created for part of a pack." I never believed that the act of doing laundry would be dedicated to a pack all on its own. This though was then confirmed when the next pack was "Nifty Knitting" a vandalism activity from Discover University.

  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,358 Member
    I don't really understand people complaining that the build/buy does not fit anywhere else since it is themed. Do people not use the magic items anywhere else because they are themed? What about the GTW stuff that is themed to fit around hospitals, labs and a police station?

    There are a few decor pieces for stormtrooper helmet storage etc which I can understand people not wanting to use elsewhere, but the rest of it seems fine... well, to me, anyway *shrugs*

    What people mean is for say modern looking houses, it doesn’t fit. It doesn’t fit a lot of themes. I like to build but I wouldn’t use those objects. No hate to people that would. I don’t use those get to to work items for building Either. For me I look at game play a pack will bring first and then build and buy second or third if CAS is good. I know lots of people don’t and that’s okay.
    As an example I use the Vampire build and buy stuff a lot. Probably more than I play with vampires, I bought it for both. But I know people who bought it for build and buy as the style was something that could be used in a lot of builds. The Star Wars BB looks way too niche. For me.
    I do like building with the pack with the Vampire and Eco Lifestyle and Get to Work. There is a worn out factory look with the pack which I like since I like Steampunk. As per our nice conversation on Twitch I won't deny the pack has some faults too and I will rebel my sandbox way with the pack. I plan on trying out scoundrels since it is more my neutral style. Kind of a sick way buying the pack thinking I will lose my house to a fire like Will Wright and losing my Sims 1 and 2 disks, but hopefully the rain will arrive soon. I was so against digital games too, but at least having them means I still have Sims 2, 3, and 4. I know I would save my pets and family over tech.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,653 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.



    I mean, I get what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that January's survey was any direct influence on the community for Star Wars because first, Star Wars wasn't directly mentioned in the survey, and second, EA, as of yet, hasn't suggested anything at all about the vote results despite the unrest in the community. If they were going to use the "power" of the survey, then they just had a good opportunity to do so. So I think you're jumping ahead there, saying we can't challenge their testimony, since there is no testimony. The only actual statement came from the GM who said she herself thought "it was a good idea" and that they have many passionate Star Wars fans on the Sims team. She could have said, "our survey results said it was a good idea", but she didn't.

    The brand question was in the survey because, as EA has stated in the last several months, they plan to incorporate more brands and trends into the game moving forward. So I highly doubt that Star Wars is the end of it and I think they wanted to feel out what brands are popular with the player base, and also partly for research purposes to see if any of the requested brands would have potential to pull in more new players, like Star Wars does.

    But none of us are ever going to know how many people actually wrote in "Star Wars" or if the survey did influence the creation of the pack or not. My main purpose was to show further evidence that there had indeed been a brand question that could possibly predate the pack and allow enough time for its creation, and that it's a possibility that our requests were seen and taken into consideration. But even if devs decided to go ahead and create it anyway before the survey released, the fact remains that some players still asked for it, and that means that they're not as "out of touch" with the player base as some people would like to believe.

    It doesn't really matter at this point anyway, the pack is out and what's done is done. Now we get to see what EP is coming out in November and watch the community go ballistic all over again, lol.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited September 11
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I don’t see the need to undermine why someone is upset about certain things from a pack, most people are critical because they love this game so much and want to express their disappointment. I totally understand that some enjoy the pack and have no complaints and they have every right to feel that way! but please understand that not everyone feels that way, and as long as they are conveying their disappointment in an appropriate manner, then they have the right to express that disappointment. That said The build items do seem cool! I actually was tempted to purchase this pack before for the items, but once i saw them all I realized I they did not go with any gameplay I do and I do not want to spend $20 just to build some houses.

    In no way I was trying sound as if I was undermining people’s reasons to be disappointed. I have the pack and I sure do have my own list of complaints. But those issues do not outweigh all the things I like about it.

    I completely understand that the majority of simmers have no need for these BB items and can’t use them in any of their builds or any of their stories. Indeed the style is very niche. I respect those opinions and people should always be allowed express their disappointment or love for something.

    This is why I clearly stated “a true builder who loves SciFi”.
    I can’t imagine builders who have a great interest in creating Sci-Fi builds ‘hating’ what the pack has to offer, once they see the BB /debug library. Or even those who appreciate occult or sci-fi gameplay in general. At the moment many do not like the idea of having Star Wars in their DLC collection, and dislike it out of principle. This could change, however, when it becomes clear to them that not all is ‘Star Wars’ in the Star Wars pack and that there are ways to incorporate items and gameplay in their Sc-Fi inspired stories.
    I believe this pack will do well on sale because of this.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.



    I mean, I get what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that January's survey was any direct influence on the community for Star Wars because first, Star Wars wasn't directly mentioned in the survey, and second, EA, as of yet, hasn't suggested anything at all about the vote results despite the unrest in the community. If they were going to use the "power" of the survey, then they just had a good opportunity to do so. So I think you're jumping ahead there, saying we can't challenge their testimony, since there is no testimony. The only actual statement came from the GM who said she herself thought "it was a good idea" and that they have many passionate Star Wars fans on the Sims team. She could have said, "our survey results said it was a good idea", but she didn't.

    The brand question was in the survey because, as EA has stated in the last several months, they plan to incorporate more brands and trends into the game moving forward. So I highly doubt that Star Wars is the end of it and I think they wanted to feel out what brands are popular with the player base, and also partly for research purposes to see if any of the requested brands would have potential to pull in more new players, like Star Wars does.

    But none of us are ever going to know how many people actually wrote in "Star Wars" or if the survey did influence the creation of the pack or not. My main purpose was to show further evidence that there had indeed been a brand question that could possibly predate the pack and allow enough time for its creation, and that it's a possibility that our requests were seen and taken into consideration. But even if devs decided to go ahead and create it anyway before the survey released, the fact remains that some players still asked for it, and that means that they're not as "out of touch" with the player base as some people would like to believe.

    It doesn't really matter at this point anyway, the pack is out and what's done is done. Now we get to see what EP is coming out in November and watch the community go ballistic all over again, lol.

    You're basically building the roadmap yourself. You're just choosing to explain it in a different way so that it tells a different story.

    ..... EA knew they had a license to use the Star Wars brand.

    ..... EA decided to inform the sims' community that they might experiement with brands in the sims game.

    ..... EA posts survey asking us which brands we would like to see added in the sims game.

    Now.... with EA having a license to use the SW brand.... what do you reasonably conclude the results of that survey question was going to be? Star Trek???

    ETA:
    ..... To be additionally reasonable. Lets say that 90% of the votes were for (as I referenced) Star Trek. Lets also say that EA doesn't have a license to use the Star Trek brand. Would the results of the survey have given us Star Trek being that 90% of the people voted for it? NO.

    EA can only add to the sims game the brands they have a license to use. Currently we know that happens to be Star Wars. So what other result would we fairly expect from the survey.

    IMO... the survey question for the purpose of receiving random votes for Star Wars so that they could anticipate the sales marketing needs of the very GP they were already planning on selling regardless of the voting results.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    According to this thread people can vote more than once.

    (Posts #4, and #6)

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981296/i-have-an-idea-lets-stop-asking-for-anything#latest
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,358 Member
    edited September 11
    I remember people requested Sims only keep up with American modern trends and I do think they delivered on that this year between the tiny home movement to companies keeping Eco friendly to younger people learning crafting skills again to Star Wars. So as the saying goes be careful what you ask for it may come true. Sometimes politics can influence Sims requests in a way that might return to the Sims community in an unpopular way by the one that request it. So I can't deny that Gurus haven't listened to Simmers and forums because they have delivered on those requests this year even from requests made in 2015. Thanks to negative and positive feedback getting all that content this year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,846 Member
    edited September 11
    muzickmage wrote: »
    According to this thread people can vote more than once.

    (Posts #4, and #6)

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981296/i-have-an-idea-lets-stop-asking-for-anything#latest

    I could vote more times if I changed web browser, I guess I would be able to vote more than once if I change my IP as well (ipconfig /renew) or use a VPN.

    Most people don't know about that though so I don't think many people do it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,153 Member
    edited September 11
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I wonder if some people even read the discussions on this forum and take other people’s posts into consideration.
    I guess not, because how else do we always end up with “NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS”.

    At this stage I have no butt left from laughing, which is a pity, because it looked good on me.

    Maybe you would like to be the first one to post the link showing clearly that someone did ask for this. Until then I have no choice but wonder which discussion on this forum we should be taking into consideration.

    An official Sims survey was sent out to the players a good while back. It included an open question asking folks to enter what kind of branded content they would like to see in future packs. Star Wars was one of them.
    I’m basing this knowledge on posts around the forum of people who were willing to share what they’ve entered.
    I’m basing this on my own answer to that question. I asked for Star Wars.
    Can I provide you with the results of the survey? No. Do I care to find all those discussions where people say they entered Star Wars? No. They’re out there in the many JtB related threads. Have a read through them. Or you can simply choose to believe me or not.
    That Nobody asked for Star Wars is simply not true.
    Some folks asked for it.

    The point I was hoping to make was.....

    Suggesting that I, or someone else is wrong, while not taking the time to back up your accusation with at least 1 piece of evidence.... is a conversation that I have a difficult time taking serious.

    You say that people are wrong in their claim that "nobody asked for this". Then suggest that "they" can run around doing the leg work proving that "you" are right in your accusation against them... well... with all due respect.... do it yourself.

    If you want to accuse me of being wrong.... fair enough... do that. But you will be bringing "me" the evidence of that.... not the other way around.

    The evidence is in the people around you telling you they asked for it. It doesn't get more direct than that.

    I haven't moved any goal posts. I simply said if there is such a thread or Twitter feed where people asked for Maxis to build a Star Wars GP, or even an EP about the Disney theme park I would want to see that. Yes, I said prove thousands did, (not you personally) just anywhere, at any time. What I have seen on many sites, and or twitter or wherever, are improved babies, farming etc. I have not seen any thread, anywhere where someone had thousand of requests for any thing to do with Star Wars. The only thing even remotely related to SW was a very old thread when they added in the BB content in a patch years, ago, and some said they liked it and others said they hated it and didn't like forced free content in the patches. That is the only time I have ever seen any thing remotely related to any thing to do with SW.

    ETA: When we say nobody asked for this, (any SW pack) we don't mean one or two we mean thousands..compared to what people have been saying for six years. Compared to that, then yeah, it's more like no one actually did, other than a handful, maybe, but where those requests are is beyond me, sinse thousands (87,000) agree, yeah, nobody (87,000) asked for it. That's not the same as 37,000 liking it, because they may have liked it though they never really asked for it, but I'm sure those 87,000 didn't ask for it.

    ETA: Concerning the survey in the video posted, ok, some did, but what many don't know is those surveys aren't sent to people who actually play The Sims but anyone who has an Origin game...so those so called 40% might not even be Sim players, so yeah, Sim players aren't all that happy with them listening to someone who doesn't even know what this game was supposed to be, a life simulator, not a trend simulator. How many Simmers are actually ever in their focus groups anymore? I doubt very many by the direction they have taken since Parenthood three years ago.

    ETA: Concerning where you said I was being biased...over a game.. OK< I didn't sign up for trend simulators, and or MMOs, and or Story Driven packs. How is wanting them to remain true to their roots bias against other players. I'm sorry, they have ten thousand other games that do all that. The Sims is the only life simulator, and sorry, but Rachel and Ryan and even Grant promised it would remain one, but now it's not. Sorry, but I think a Simmer who expects a life simulator to remain a life simulator after being promised it would remain one, then it's not is not biased but just a tradional Simmer who wants them to retain their roots, and after the rebranding yes, it's clear they no longer care about those people and or that format and or sandbox, or whatever, just any new gamer who will add to the kaching in the purse. After investing in this game I think I can still say it's not what they told us, and that lie is on them not us.

    ETA: If you enjoy this pack, ok, fine, but what would happen if Simmers go into other games and demand they change those games to be more like life simulators? I don't think anyone would call those gamers biased for wanting to keep the format and mechanics and situations of those games true to it's roots. It's not biased to want to keep something you love the thing that it is, new players sure might love a game that mixed those two genres but the long time fan might realise they have lost the only thing they had and loved. I think that would be totally unfair to those fans and fanbases.

    Your home, I move in and change it, it's no longer yours, it's theirs. Sorry, but there is only one life simulator right now, and you are right though Rachel, Lucy, Ryan, Grant and other's told us it's our 'home' but no it hasn't been for many years.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 11
    For those saying no one requested this pack, because it wasn't on the forums, this is wrong. I have received a number of email from the company asking what would keep me interested and one of the things I wrote was Star Wars. I have been a Star Wars fan since the first movie. The other thing I requested was a way to have people play with me. So yes there may have been people that have requested Star Wars, just not on the forums. The forums is not the only place you can request things.

    Before someone jumps on me and says go play a Star Wars game, I do. I play SWTOR as well. I just play sims at times, that is when it interests me. My avatar also reflects the character I have on SWTOR because of my love of Star Wars.

    Now EA thank you for the Star Wars pack. I have enjoyed it and just finished the smuggler (I know it is called scoundrel) missions. Only complain is that I can't use my lightsaber when my character gets arrested p.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,647 Member
    edited September 11
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    So what am I doing with it?
    The way they have made JTB does not go far enough to make it a world to visit in another galaxy.
    My sims can't live there. There are no force powers or light saber skill. The themed content is not the best fit for the rest of TS4's other worlds, besides the desert ones.

    So I am treating it for what it is-- an amusement park destination.
    Just like we do in real life, my sims go visit an amusement park. Only this one is better because you get to role-play in it, like Westworld.

    This pack is mainly for my Teens and Early-days young adults, the ones that love sci-fi and cosplay. They go to Geekcon in San Myshuno.
    They hangout in my Cybercafe and show off their latest cosplay outfit to their friends. They do this while attending my prep school with other teens from the various TS4 worlds.
    09_07_20_11_13_35_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    09_07_20_9_31_30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    And they go to the ultimate destination for their geeky/nerdy, cosplaying loving community: Batuu.
    09_08_20_12_47_10_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    And here is the kicker: JTB solves one of the most annoying problems with playing teens for me. They don't have enough time.
    Teens go to school, come home, do their homework, address their needs and maybe get to do something else with the tiny amount of time they have left. You don't really get to enjoy them until the weekend when they have the whole day, or on a holiday or snow day.

    With JTB and the way I have things set up with my prep school, they have all the time in the world to bond with their friends on an adventure related to their hobby. I could also do this with Outdoor Retreat, or Jungle Adventure, but Journey to Batuu makes the most sense for my sims.

    "Is the coast clear, Olivia?"
    "All clear Mel'. Splice it!"
    09_10_20_7_11_29_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    You don't like the way EA set up the pack?
    Change it using the tools they provided you.
    I don't like the lodging rabbit hole. It breaks immersion. I get the feeling Disney put shackles on EA for what they could do with the park.
    Considering Jungle Adventures, Journey to Batuu makes no sense. So I fixed it.
    09_10_20_10_51_16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    I installed a lodging space below the cantina.
    09_11_20_7_03_55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    This really helps to immerse me into the world of Batuu.
    09_10_20_10_56_03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    While in prep-school, they will perform and the Scoundrels missions and either the Resistant or First Order missions.
    09_11_20_7_16_09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

    They will then graduate prep-school, visit their parents, and move on to university where they will decorate their rooms with their Star Wars collection.
    11-29-19_8-36-57nbspAM.png

    If they ever have time, and the should since they have been prepped for Uni, they will do some cosplay, light saber training, or duels with their friends.
    11-30-19_1-21-27nbspPM.png

    They probably won't have the time. :p
    11-29-19_12-23-04nbspAM.png

    But that's okay.
    They will only spend two Uni years at the above dorm and then they will move back to the prep-school where they will return to Batuu to finish the other missions. After that, they will move to this dorm to finish out University. This will give me a nice break from Uni and change of venue to finish it out.
    11-26-19_7-37-08nbspPM.png

    And then they will begin to put Star Wars behind them as they focus on their future careers and starting a family.
    That is until their children become teens and the cycle starts all over again. We may have non-object babies, skin tones, hotels, or cars by then.
    11-26-19_7-02-03nbspPM.png

    [Whiney voice] "Journey to Batuu doesn't fit in The Sims 4."
    Well I made it fit!

    I am perplexed by the extreme outrage.
    I am also disgusted by attempts to make it an absolute failure by influencing other simmers to not buy it, some simmers expressing they want to keep those kind of customers out of The sims, and also hating on other simmers for liking it.

    TS4 launched with a very bad start with a weak base-game, but they have been course correcting every step of the way.
    People are behaving like EA smacked their child or something. It's ridiculous.

    Simmers going around calling others "entitled" use to irritate me, but now I see why they do.
    "We never asked for this." Seriously? They are a corporation. Unless you are a stock holder, and probably a major one, you don't have any say in what they choose to do. You can choose to not buy their product, but if they see more opportunity elsewhere, it is their duty to their shareholders and their company overall to pursue it. All they have to do is make something all the complainers want (stuff they probably already have in the works) and those customers will put out the money.

    I guess people don't like to think about this, but we have already bought a majority of what The Sims 4 has to offer, and therefore have less clout over someone who has not bought into TS4 yet. Of course EA is going to start looking towards customers who haven't bought in yet and try to get some broader appeal for TS4.
    Uninstalled, only TS3 remains.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    I wasn't aware that the team could make Game packs in under nine months. If that's the case and there are several teams working on different things, I wish that there were more EPs and GPs per year. It would increase the chances of the team finally releasing something that I can love. It's been a really long time. The last pack that I thought was good was Seasons, I think. (Despite its shortcomings.)

    I miss the excitement of the old days when I loved every new The Sims pack. I'm disheartened because most of the time with TS4, it feels as if I will never have anything new to look forward to again.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,653 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    I wasn't aware that the team could make Game packs in under nine months. If that's the case and there are several teams working on different things, I wish that there were more EPs and GPs per year. It would increase the chances of the team finally releasing something that I can love. It's been a really long time. The last pack that I thought was good was Seasons, I think. (Despite its shortcomings.)

    I miss the excitement of the old days when I loved every new The Sims pack. I'm disheartened because most of the time with TS4, it feels as if I will never have anything new to look forward to again.

    Yeah, there was an interview a few years ago where they talked about how long each pack type takes to create. But they did say that they are always working on several things at once, so how the time is actually distributed is unknown.

    I'm sorry you feel so let down. I know that there are a lot of people on the forums who feel the same way. I really think part of it is just the Sims 4 itself and the very different mechanics and systems. I hope that the next EP has a variety of content that can appeal to more people. We also usually get a chunky patch in the fall as well, and I know part of that will be the cleaned up and new skin tones, which is nice.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    CK213 wrote: »
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    Let me see if I understand this properly. You like the Star Wars GP so you're completely confused as to why someone else might not? It confuses you as to how someone might at some point in time have a different opinion or preference than you? Is that it???
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    CK213 wrote: »
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    I'm sorry, let me try this again. What I mean to say is.....

    If you're looking for simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better.... I trust maybe you might be able to find them here....

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread#latest

    Thanks for stopping by. Glad to have helped.

  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,653 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK.... this is what I found.

    There is a refrence to requesting Star Wars stuff posted on September 1.

    LiElf (page 1)
    I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

    I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980643/strap-in-for-the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-gameplay/p1

    There are references of a "survey" that existed (at some point in time) concerning the request for type of branding the community would like to see in the sims' game.

    Last post on page 4... Asked by Cynna
    Has EA/Maxis ever included a Star Wars theme in any of there their surveys? Admittedly, I've taken a few of them, but not all. Has anything even close to a Star Wars theme been put up for consideration in the past?

    Replies on page 5 by:
    Mareah
    I think the closest was them asking what brands would you want to see them collaborate with. Some people say they wrote down star wars and/or disney. I have no idea how long ago did that survey get puplished tho. Maybe they were working on this pack way before that.

    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    There was an open question in one of the surveys regarding which brand folks would like to see in the sims. Apparently that's where some would have filled in Star Wars. Possibly me included.

    j1z1
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think I did too. Sorreh

    LiElf
    Ditto

    Haflinger
    I may have done something like that too.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980534/feeling-salty-about-journey-to-batuu/p5


    This alone provides evidence that the claim of ... "nobody asked for this".... is wrong. I count 4 people just on this who posts directly that "they" themselves requested "Star Wars" as a brand they would like to see (above/before others) in the game of sims.

    4 people is enough to prove that the claim of "nobody" is incorrect. I jumped on the badwagon and requested proof.... and there it is.

    Again CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... thanks for the link.


    ETA:
    I'm not sure when the survey mentioned was posted by EA.... so far... i've only found these ones.

    ..... April 28, 2020.

    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/

    ..... May, 2019
    ..... January, 2020

    https://simscommunity.info/tag/community-survey/

    Thanks for the information on the timing of the most recent EA/Maxis surveys. Just as I figured, they couldn't have had any bearing on the current JtB pack. From what I understand, it takes a while to make even a stuff pack.

    It goes without saying that in any given group, there's bound to be someone who wants Star Wars. The franchise has many fans. Does that mean that a Star Wars pack fits well into the Sims universe or franchise? My personal opinion is still no. TS4 isn't really designed to deliver an open-ended Star Wars kind of experience -- swashbuckling, multiple alien races, spaceships, revolution, and galactic intrigue.

    Apparently, EA/Maxis agrees on some level. JtB has to be one of the most sequestered packs in the history of the Sims. Not that I'm complaining, however. I think that walling it off was a smart move.

    I'm responding to this because I happened to find the timeline for the brands question. The survey was from January of this year. That's a good seven to eight months ago, so it's entirely possible that the answers on that survey influenced them to go full Force (haha! "Force"!) into a Star Wars pack, or that they were already throwing the idea around but wanted more feedback from the community first. I know that in the past they said it takes, on average, anywhere from six months to a year to make a Game Pack, so it certainly falls within this timeline.

    But anyway, this video was uploaded on January 15, 2020, and she goes through the whole survey. The brands question is at around 18:44 for those who want to find it.


    One could also build an argument around the idea that the sims' team uses the surveys to manipulate the results so that the community ends up just requesting what they are already creating.

    I'm sure the sims' team knew back in January that the September GP would be Star Wars. We already seen it posted many times that EA has contractual Rights to the SW brand.

    So it's interesting that the question about brands just happened to show up in the January survey... and in an open inquiry where any of us could have typed anything from Star Wars to Marvel.

    Now EA has the results of the survey... which they could suggest has 40% of the votes requesting Star Wars.

    The problem with EA surveys is..... we can't challenge EA's testimonies concerning community requests by visiting the public results of the community votes.



    I mean, I get what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that January's survey was any direct influence on the community for Star Wars because first, Star Wars wasn't directly mentioned in the survey, and second, EA, as of yet, hasn't suggested anything at all about the vote results despite the unrest in the community. If they were going to use the "power" of the survey, then they just had a good opportunity to do so. So I think you're jumping ahead there, saying we can't challenge their testimony, since there is no testimony. The only actual statement came from the GM who said she herself thought "it was a good idea" and that they have many passionate Star Wars fans on the Sims team. She could have said, "our survey results said it was a good idea", but she didn't.

    The brand question was in the survey because, as EA has stated in the last several months, they plan to incorporate more brands and trends into the game moving forward. So I highly doubt that Star Wars is the end of it and I think they wanted to feel out what brands are popular with the player base, and also partly for research purposes to see if any of the requested brands would have potential to pull in more new players, like Star Wars does.

    But none of us are ever going to know how many people actually wrote in "Star Wars" or if the survey did influence the creation of the pack or not. My main purpose was to show further evidence that there had indeed been a brand question that could possibly predate the pack and allow enough time for its creation, and that it's a possibility that our requests were seen and taken into consideration. But even if devs decided to go ahead and create it anyway before the survey released, the fact remains that some players still asked for it, and that means that they're not as "out of touch" with the player base as some people would like to believe.

    It doesn't really matter at this point anyway, the pack is out and what's done is done. Now we get to see what EP is coming out in November and watch the community go ballistic all over again, lol.

    You're basically building the roadmap yourself. You're just choosing to explain it in a different way so that it tells a different story.

    ..... EA knew they had a license to use the Star Wars brand.

    ..... EA decided to inform the sims' community that they might experiement with brands in the sims game.

    ..... EA posts survey asking us which brands we would like to see added in the sims game.

    Now.... with EA having a license to use the SW brand.... what do you reasonably conclude the results of that survey question was going to be? Star Trek???

    ETA:
    ..... To be additionally reasonable. Lets say that 90% of the votes were for (as I referenced) Star Trek. Lets also say that EA doesn't have a license to use the Star Trek brand. Would the results of the survey have given us Star Trek being that 90% of the people voted for it? NO.

    EA can only add to the sims game the brands they have a license to use. Currently we know that happens to be Star Wars. So what other result would we fairly expect from the survey.

    IMO... the survey question for the purpose of receiving random votes for Star Wars so that they could anticipate the sales marketing needs of the very GP they were already planning on selling regardless of the voting results.

    I'm explaining it in other ways because there are other possibilities. It's called perspective. Aren't you also arguing for your own perspective?

    You are also insinuating that EA is only trying to subliminally push the brands that it already has licensed, but that is entirely false, because Moschino and Mac cosmetics is a testament to that. So is using Baby Ariel and Millie Bobby Brown for marketing when StrangerVille came out. They have been throwing in brands and new partnerships since the Sims 3. This requires paying for those partnerships and acquiring those licenses, which they have plenty of money to do. So thinking that January's survey was done exclusively to push Star Wars on Sims players is a little shortsighted. In the video I posted, Simsie's first thought went to Funko. If the survey results indicate that many players also want Funko, isn't it entirely possible that we'll see a little Funko pop collection turn up for kids in a family pack?

    Here, I'll put it this way: Yes, EA already possessed the licensing for the Star Wars brand so it would allow skipping the business protocol for negotiations and licensing, which could normally tie up a project, allowing instead the ability to jump right into production. I'm not saying it's not possible that they wanted to do the pack (or even started it) before the survey. I even believe that Star Wars was just as much a passion project for developers as it was for the players (or money, however you choose to look at it.) But EA is a company that does a whole lot of surveying and research and data analysis. So I find it hard to believe that they would do such a project without some idea that it would be received well by enough people to make it a success.

    In a previous post, you were trying to tell me that requesting Star Wars content was not requesting the Star Wars brand. By posting proof of the survey question and with the testimony of other players here, one of my points was to show that you were incorrect. A survey asked what brand people wanted, and many players here have admitted to asking for Star Wars. So yes, people have asked for the Star Wars brand. There are also private surveys that are sent via email to assess player interests. So it's also possible, as the user above pointed out, that people have been asking for the Star Wars brand well before January.

    Players have no idea of what is truly ever "asked for". We mostly see the vocal minority who tend to spam social media with malcontent, because those who are happy usually keep to themselves.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top