❄️ The official gameplay trailer for Snowy Escape just dropped! ❄️ You can watch it here.
October 23 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,696 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    I'm sorry, let me try this again. What I mean to say is.....

    If you're looking for simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better.... I trust maybe you might be able to find them here....

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread#latest

    Thanks for stopping by. Glad to have helped.

    The title of the thread is "Why so much hate for the Star Wars pack?" and their response was perfectly on topic with some great points. Maybe it's you who needs to take a break from this thread if someone's opinion bothers you so much. If you're looking for simmers who only want to see the bad in the pack content and rant about it, you can try here:

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980349/the-one-only-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-complaining-thread#latest
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,617 Member
    I like Star Wars and I thinking about actually returning to Sims 4 to play it. But than again there are still no cars and I know I end up playing Sims 3 again anyway xD
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11

    Sorry, need to retype
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 11
    @LiELF

    I'll comment about this part of your post first (i'm still putting some thought into the rest of comment)... but for now.....

    I will still argue that asking for new Star Wars stuff isn't the same as asking for branding. I will argue that even though I know for a fact that it isn't true..... because i'm arguing in defense of those people who don't understand the legalities of business. Those who don't realize that their simple statement of.... "I want more Star Wars stuff" .... pertains to branding.

    I understand that it pertains to branding. Obviously you do as well. And maybe many, many others do to.... but not everyone. You can't automatically assume, or take another person's education, or lack of... for granted.

    If I see a post asking for more Star Wars stuff.... i'm not automatically going to accuse them of wanting more branding in the sims' game.

    During the survey, the word "brand" was in the question. So my argument doesn't include the survey.

    I already pointed that out in one of my replies.

    (Wow... there was a lot to delete from the longgggg string of quotes... lol. So... this is what I got.)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 11
    CK213 wrote: »
    So I am treating it for what it is-- an amusement park destination.
    Just like we do in real life, my sims go visit an amusement park. Only this one is better because you get to role-play in it, like Westworld.

    Honestly I would never pay 20$ to virtually visit one small portion of a Disney theme park. If that's worth 20$ to you then congrats but clearly a big amount of people won't pay that much for that.

    @CK213 Also there is no clear direction with this pack and it shows because people just don't get what it's supposed to do, be a Star Wars adventure? Obviously that isn't it.
    Be an amusement park? Maybe but it doesn't really read that way since there are no admission fees or staff or rides so it doesn't really make sense that way either.
    Is it a vacation world? Also doesn't look like it since you can't really be at like a hotel or do any vacation activities other than walk around and do missions.
    It really is a very confused, all over the place pack that really makes little sense and has (to many little use). Using it as a cosplay destination for geek sims? Sure, maybe not worth the 20$ but sure. However, that means that all my geek sims will have to like Star Wars because there is nothing else to cosplay to or go to.
    CK213 wrote: »

    Simmers going around calling others "entitled" use to irritate me, but now I see why they do.
    "We never asked for this." Seriously? They are a corporation. Unless you are a stock holder, and probably a major one, you don't have any say in what they choose to do. You can choose to not buy their product, but if they see more opportunity elsewhere, it is their duty to their shareholders and their company overall to pursue it. All they have to do is make something all the complainers want (stuff they probably already have in the works) and those customers will put out the money.

    Also I don't think it's fair to call simmers entitled over this particular pack because it is just really something the majority didn't want. And they have a right to say so.
    If it is EA's "duty" to make this pack then let them make it. But don't be surprised when people don't like it. And please don't call people "complainers" for not liking things or for being angry that we get this over normal babies, cars, smart sims etc.
    And also believe me cars are not in the works, free babies are also not in the works and an overhaul of personalities also not. If it takes them 6 years then what's the point?

    We might not have a say in what they choose to do but we are very well allowed to say that we don't agree with their choice since there is a huge number of people who would be excited to see something else. Or at least see a pack like this but executed in a way that integrates well with the game.
    We are the people who buy their games at the end of the day. They make money from us. They can listen to the shareholders as much as they want, they are not the people buying the games. They don't have to listen to us but it would be smart if they did :wink:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,696 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    I'm sorry, let me try this again. What I mean to say is.....

    If you're looking for simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better.... I trust maybe you might be able to find them here....

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread#latest

    Thanks for stopping by. Glad to have helped.

    The title of the thread is "Why so much hate for the Star Wars pack?" and their response was perfectly on topic with some great points. Maybe it's you who needs to take a break from this thread if someone's opinion bothers you so much. If you're looking for simmers who only want to see the bad in the pack content and rant about it, you can try here:

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980349/the-one-only-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-complaining-thread#latest

    @LiELF

    Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic on purpose in response to arrogance.

    If I were only looking for simmers who saw the bad in the Star Wars GP I wouldn't be spending so much time conversing with you now would I? Would you like to calm down as well?

    Sure. I've got tea and Star Wars, I'm totally at peace. :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Well, I’m off to visit the Cantina. I’ve heard they do some great Bespin Fizz and White Wampa Ale! 🚀
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,634 Member
    Well, I’m off to visit the Cantina. I’ve heard they do some great Bespin Fizz and White Wampa Ale! 🚀

    On a totally unrelated note😂
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Well, I’m off to visit the Cantina. I’ve heard they do some great Bespin Fizz and White Wampa Ale! 🚀

    On a totally unrelated note😂

    Always! ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,394 Member
    edited September 12
    Where it was requested and it was on forums in 2015:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/840195/toddlers-vs-more-star-wars-costumes/p2

    "I prefer a full Star Wars expansion! Build your own Death Star and travel to Tatooine, Naboo and Dagobah! Includes new objects such as the Lightsaber, enjoy the Force skill and dress your sims like Padme, Anakin and Han Solo!"

    "maybe they announce a Star Wars EP for TS4 at Gamescom :astonished:"

    Also thousands didn't ask for toddlers either. Most didn't want it. But what is the point of feedback if people who claim to be negative actually censor others providing negative feedback too? Seems like a double standard, but shows how silly the sides are when they start imploding on each other. XD Seriously these sides politics will be the death of the franchise which is why I think they are still around because without it a few have nothing to identify themselves with the Sims games anymore. Voices were heard and Gurus acted on that feedback. Are you happy Gurus proved you were right about that feedback or not with what they delivered on community feedback this year?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,664 Member
    edited September 12
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    What happened to simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better?
    I am a Star Wars fan. I don't care much for Disney Star Wars. I did not expect a Star Wars game pack or expansion, so I am surprised that they did it. I am not impressed with how they approached this theme, but I am impressed with how everything looks and sounds.

    I'm sorry, let me try this again. What I mean to say is.....

    If you're looking for simmers who can see the silver lining in any content and apply it to their game to make it better.... I trust maybe you might be able to find them here....

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread#latest

    Thanks for stopping by. Glad to have helped.

    The title of the thread is "Why so much hate for the Star Wars pack?" and their response was perfectly on topic with some great points. Maybe it's you who needs to take a break from this thread if someone's opinion bothers you so much. If you're looking for simmers who only want to see the bad in the pack content and rant about it, you can try here:

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980349/the-one-only-star-wars-journey-to-batuu-complaining-thread#latest

    It's a great suggestion though, Leif. Also needless, since I've been there for a while.
    What a fine bunch of simmers in that thread. Reminds me of the old days when simmers would look for what they could use in game.

    Anyway, all this is pointless.
    We have a Star Wars pack. We will most likely get what everyone else wants eventually and all this drama will look silly.
    In the meanwhile, I am making the most of what we have.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    Uninstalled, only TS3 remains.
    Waiting for feedback on Lifestyles and Sentiments.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    What we need to keep in mind is .... the backlash we are seeing across the net concerning the Star Wars GP isn't just because of the Star Wars GP, but rather because of a list of disappointments over the past 6 year life of TS4 that has this SW thing being adopted as "the straw that broke the camel's back."

    There are so many bandwagon's of disappointments and complaints for us simmers to jump on, that seeing or finding positive threads, or remaining positive ourselves, is a task we have to work much harder to achieve these days.

    ..... There are the groups of people who argue against the size of the packs, and how watered down they are. Having to purchase 2 different packs just to get cats, dogs, and rodents. 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    ..... There are the groups of people who argue that TS4 is lacking in a long list of features. Emotions system, relationship/romance system, better babies, burglars, etc. Assets like bunk beds.... and so on.

    ..... There are the groups of people who argue that TS4 is a bug fest of broken codes. Many claiming to not being able to enjoy their game anymore.... some running to mod sites to find fixes.

    Then, on top of all that... we get a Star Wars pack.

    Now, in case I haven't mentioned it somewhere in this forum already. I'm going to mention it here. I'm not against the SW GP because it's SW. For the most part, I usually don't care all that much what the pack is about, or what its theme is. As long as it's a great addition to the game. If the new pack happens to be Star Wars ... great... let it be Star Wars. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I'll enjoy it with everyone else who wishes to have fun as well.

    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    IMO, (and i'm not looking for anyone to argee with me here), i'm just sharing my opinion. TS4 over the 6 years of life has become a very attractive disaster. The game looks great... but it's so tore up, divided, and watered down that I actually consider myself lucky to still find a few areas of it that I can enjoy playing. And I do still enjoy playing it.

    But wow... its so freakin hard finding reasons to continue supporting this franchise.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    In overview. I agree that there's a chance, despite the sad state of the SW GP, that I could still find ways to have a bit of gameplay enjoyment out of it. But.... I refuse to purchase this pack anyway based on principle.

    If I purchase this SW GP, my money will tell EA/Maxis that I accept their current politics. It will tell them I am still willing, despite my complaints, to still financially support their habits. I no longer want to send them that message.

    I'm not trying to boycott the SW GP, not for me, or anyone else. I'm not suggesting we do that, nor am I asking for anyone's support in doing so. What i'm doing is.... taking a stand against the decision making of EA/Maxis concerning the TS4 as a whole over the past 6 years. Not one particular pack.... the entire TS4 game.

    I will continue to play the game. I have purchased the base and every DLC to date (except the Star Wars GP.) I still find some enjoyment playing around with it. Despite the many bugs... a fair amount of things in my game so far still works pretty good. I'm happy about that. Attitude wise.... i'm making the best of what I got.

    But that's it. I've had enough. I will not continue supporting TS4 with my money. I don't care what everyone else does.... but for me.... it's time to take a stand.

    If I see EA/Maxis making some changes, of course I will need to respect them for that and reconsider my position. Until then. I'll play with what I got.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,307 Member
    Indeed.
    the big problem is not that is is an obvious cash grab product placement for Disney.

    The problem is that it's a perfect example of both the priories of the devs and highlights everything we don't have and the shortcomings the very base design of the game forces on us.

    I don't think the devs are completely wrong when they are telling us that something is hard to do. I think they are correct, but it is still their fault for deliberately choosing a game engine that cannot handle things we take for granted in earlier games.

    In short it seems this game pack was the straw that broke the fan base's back, as it were.
    The enormous amount of comparison videos on YouTube and discussions on reddit about all the features 2 and 3 has that 4 is just unable to perform is exploding because of this.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 1,912 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.
    MiAqoAE.png
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,687 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,307 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 126 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    So I am treating it for what it is-- an amusement park destination.
    Just like we do in real life, my sims go visit an amusement park. Only this one is better because you get to role-play in it, like Westworld.

    Honestly I would never pay 20$ to virtually visit one small portion of a Disney theme park. If that's worth 20$ to you then congrats but clearly a big amount of people won't pay that much for that.

    @CK213 Also there is no clear direction with this pack and it shows because people just don't get what it's supposed to do, be a Star Wars adventure? Obviously that isn't it.
    Be an amusement park? Maybe but it doesn't really read that way since there are no admission fees or staff or rides so it doesn't really make sense that way either.
    Is it a vacation world? Also doesn't look like it since you can't really be at like a hotel or do any vacation activities other than walk around and do missions.
    It really is a very confused, all over the place pack that really makes little sense and has (to many little use). Using it as a cosplay destination for geek sims? Sure, maybe not worth the 20$ but sure. However, that means that all my geek sims will have to like Star Wars because there is nothing else to cosplay to or go to.
    CK213 wrote: »

    Simmers going around calling others "entitled" use to irritate me, but now I see why they do.
    "We never asked for this." Seriously? They are a corporation. Unless you are a stock holder, and probably a major one, you don't have any say in what they choose to do. You can choose to not buy their product, but if they see more opportunity elsewhere, it is their duty to their shareholders and their company overall to pursue it. All they have to do is make something all the complainers want (stuff they probably already have in the works) and those customers will put out the money.

    Also I don't think it's fair to call simmers entitled over this particular pack because it is just really something the majority didn't want. And they have a right to say so.
    If it is EA's "duty" to make this pack then let them make it. But don't be surprised when people don't like it. And please don't call people "complainers" for not liking things or for being angry that we get this over normal babies, cars, smart sims etc.
    And also believe me cars are not in the works, free babies are also not in the works and an overhaul of personalities also not. If it takes them 6 years then what's the point?

    We might not have a say in what they choose to do but we are very well allowed to say that we don't agree with their choice since there is a huge number of people who would be excited to see something else. Or at least see a pack like this but executed in a way that integrates well with the game.
    We are the people who buy their games at the end of the day. They make money from us. They can listen to the shareholders as much as they want, they are not the people buying the games. They don't have to listen to us but it would be smart if they did :wink:

    Yeah this is actually the first pack I have ever truly took issue with/expressed disappointment with on this thread lol :( I am usually only on here to answer surveys, get updates, write my wishes for possible upcoming packs, etc. This is also the first TS4 pack that I have chosen to not purchase at all. (and I usually buy them the day of release if I can because I typically want to expand my game as much as possible haha). I do not even typically enjoy Vampire stories but still bought that pack because it looked well fleshed out I was pleasantly surprised at how much detail they added into the lore (even though the world is so small, I understand they can only do so much with their budgets lol).

    It is a shame how this SW pack release occurred, I believe if the underlying issues that the game still faces were to be fixed and no longer an issue, then this GP would have been received with a bit less criticism and disappointment than it initially did.

    I really wanted to be wrong about this pack too, I wanted a reason to like it enough to buy it lol, but I watched many, many videos of the gameplay, etc, and my opinion had stayed the same :/ The sound design and the aesthetics seem amazing, but since it is a gameplay pack I didn't want to consider those characteristics into my purchasing decision. I really hope that the EP that will soon be revealed will really add some sort of depth, even the tiniest ounce. I get bored with my storylines after playing them for a couple of days, and then move on to the next because the gameplay can get pretty dry, even when I try to do completely different storylines. It can just get very repetitive (and I am someone who has several mods)
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,890 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    Werewolf strays? In Sims 3 pets? I must have missed something? 🤔
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    Werewolf strays? In Sims 3 pets? I must have missed something? 🤔

    I found a youtube reference to werewolf strays for TS2, but not so much for TS3. So I have no idea.

  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,307 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    Werewolf strays? In Sims 3 pets? I must have missed something? 🤔

    My bad! The "werewolf" stray was actually in Sims 2.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,687 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Yes that is right. Supernatural also came with more skills and a career than ROM did.
    Sims 3 pets came with cats, dogs, lizards, (3 kinds) snakes, (3 kinds), turtles (3 kinds) rats, womrats, squirrels, three breeds of large birds, 3 kinds of small birds. It also added Additional wildlife like deer, racoons, horses and even a unicorn. Even the sims 1 had More Pets than sims 4!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top