Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    so my alien cant go why

I think we misunderstood the Game Changer and our aliens will be fine going :)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    You guys are really a breath of fresh air. I was very sure I would not want this pack, but after watching some of the game play features in the let's plays I may change my mind, but still not sure. It is nice to be able to go somewhere that feels like a safe place on this forum right now. Even though I agree with some of the criticism of the game right now it feels people are just hating for the sake of hating. The other parts of the forum are very heavy right now, so I am very glad to find a place to read more uplifting posts. Thanks for this thread. I will let you know if I do decide to buy the pack, but I will continue to enjoy all of your excitement here.

Welcome to the Cantina :) Don't drink the blue milk...
    Some of us here have a few disappointments or wishes things were included too, we just aren't overly emotional about it and still look forward to the pack :)
    Edit: It makes you part of Team Order!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    You guys are really a breath of fresh air. I was very sure I would not want this pack, but after watching some of the game play features in the let's plays I may change my mind, but still not sure. It is nice to be able to go somewhere that feels like a safe place on this forum right now. Even though I agree with some of the criticism of the game right now it feels people are just hating for the sake of hating. The other parts of the forum are very heavy right now, so I am very glad to find a place to read more uplifting posts. Thanks for this thread. I will let you know if I do decide to buy the pack, but I will continue to enjoy all of your excitement here.

Welcome! Have a seat and relax. We'll be here for at least a few more days. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    Quick question for the star wars fans out there: There is no Jedi lifestate but I want to try and make a Jedi sim using one of the existing occults. So, which of the existing occults is the most similar to a Jedi (in terms of powers)?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Quick question for the star wars fans put there: There is no Jedi lifestate but I want to try and make a Jedi sim using one of the existing occults. So, which of the existing occults is the most similar to a Jedi (in terms of powers)?

alien I think because you can do a mind wipe @MaggieMarley
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thank you @comicsforlife I have to admit I don't remember much of what Jedi (or Sith) can do with the force! I think they can read another person's mind can't they but I'm coming up with a blank on more than that :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you @comicsforlife I have to admit I don't remember much of what Jedi (or Sith) can do with the force! I think they can read another person's mind can't they but I'm coming up with a blank on more than that :D

I might perhaps let a sim that has the wellness-skill at 10 and is able to teleport go for a jedi. At least that gives a lot of choices for which sim one wants to become a jedi in a story. But if you have a blade, can teleport and sort of squint you can tell a Star Wars-story about very different characters :)
  • Options

bd5ec707f9cc2280bb23b88737b8a27526c44332.png
    Ohh... I have been looking a little at James Turner's video. So this is the lot that you can get into with the build-cheat over at the First Order Side. I feel like I'm going to have light-side or smugglers for the first couple of rounds so this might be changed into something else. Have nooo idea what is possible. If you edit it with cheats will it stick? Something to explore anyways because I am curious.

28961cf238a0fd3d847af18216c3891837f6aaf5.png
    It is situated right next to the big Star Ship there.

We will see what happens. If it is like the Mages HQ in ROM and it sticks I will be pleasantly surprised :)
  • Options

I might perhaps let a sim that has the wellness-skill at 10 and is able to teleport go for a jedi. At least that gives a lot of choices for which sim one wants to become a jedi in a story. But if you have a blade, can teleport and sort of squint you can tell a Star Wars-story about very different characters :)

Good idea about the wellness skill!

I was wondering if maybe a spellcaster might make a suitable Jedi? I don't play with spellcasters often but if I recall correctly they can teleport with the right spell and detect other sims' traits.

I know vampires can teleport with the right power and they can also mesmerise sims, cause other sims to have hallucinations, hypnotise them into doing things. Those all sound like things you could do with the force. Plus if you have the influence emotions vampire power you can kill other sims from being too angry which you could pretend was a force ability.

Ahhh I don't know!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,392 Member
    I was just going to post a similar post. :)
    I was not happy about this pack at first and I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it, but after seeing EnglishSimmer's video about the gameplay I'm feeling more positive about it and even a bit excited too. I think I may want to think of Batuu kind of a theme park for my Sims. I also would love to have Star Wars themed restaurants and bars on the other worlds.
    I still want to see how the gameplay will work with other packs and what kind of bugs we will get with it until I make my decision whether to buy it or not, but I'm feeling positive now.

This forum is not a very fun place to be right now, so I try to keep myself away from the negativity threads. I've had to use the ignore option a lot recently. I can deal with the constructive criticism but there is too much vitriol and hate and accusations spammed often from same people, the ignore button is great to have. I wish we could ignore threads as well.

This thread is great and seeing people so excited for this pack makes me feel more positive about it too. Even if I wouldn't end up getting the pack myself I'm glad for the Star Wars fans. :)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I was wondering if maybe a spellcaster might make a suitable Jedi? I don't play with spellcasters often but if I recall correctly they can teleport with the right spell and detect other sims' traits.

My Batuu boy is a spellcaster so I think so ;)
    0Sr9OV0.png
    jaKZ0Nx.png
    JlyAs07.png

I initially wasn't very enthusiastic about this pack, but now I actually can't wait (of course, totally ignoring the fact that I am a uni student and the workload will no doubt make me unable to play for as long as I want to :pensive: )
  • Options
    edited September 2020

I know vampires can teleport with the right power and they can also mesmerise sims, cause other sims to have hallucinations, hypnotise them into doing things. Those all sound like things you could do with the force. Plus if you have the influence emotions vampire power you can kill other sims from being too angry which you could pretend was a force ability.

Ahhh I don't know!

I think you can make a spellcaster into a force user for a fun story :)

You can chose to never use wands which is good. Then you won't have to see your sims that is a force user in your story whip out a want when you want them to argue with another sim. A spellcaster can make another sim feel intense sadness, that would work. ZipZap, giving someone a good jolt. Minionize, in the films a force user makes someone remove handcuffs or something like that. That might not be applicable here but for 8 hours you can make another sim do stuff.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/spells-list.php
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    edited September 2020
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am very happy that I CAN take my family of 3 and have each of them play through a different faction at the same time!
    Though I might just go for 2 factions in one family, the daughter will def be a scaundrel and the mother probly 1st order, I think the dad will just be there "for science!" (he is my mad scientist).

The CAS is beautiful!
    I also feel like some of the clothing would go well for other occult sims, like my alchemist (spellcaster) and the dark hoods for my coven members, I adore one of the male tops especially and I already know who will wear it.

Not so happy about the alien looks being masks, it would be fine if there were no "situational outfits" which force sims out of their assigned clothes...I really hate the situational outfit mechanic....but umm...this is a positive thread so let's not spoil it....

BB is top notch too, can't wait to build with all the cool looking stuff :smile:

logion wrote: »
    Yeah, I watched her video now, it's a little confusing. You can go to Batuu as an alien from Sixam, but you can't put on an alien mask or wear the green makeup on your sim and walk around on Batuu and play as an alien on Batuu because those masks are not available in CAS on Batuu.

I wonder if this could be changed via filters in CAS.

Maybe, it is difficult to tell what clothes you can wear on Batuu, because the CAS that you get while you are on Batuu looks like a more restricted version, like the ones you get when you want to edit your outfits in your restaurant for example. But I can't imagine that aliens, spellcasters, vampires or mermaids should not be able to go.

It's nice that we seem to be able to edit the lots at least, so we can replace the First Order headquarters with the Pancakes house if we really wanted to (that totally sounds like something Dr Gluon would do...) but I'm pretty sure we can't change it to another type of lot.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Well, I think I've fought the good fight, but I am worn out. Hopefully people pull back from the abyss, but who knows what happens tomorrow. As for me, I think I need a Bilbo-esque holiday. It's all so exhausting.

I hope that you all have lots of fun in Batuu, and that it is what you hope it will be. Keep being kind to one another.
    Thank you for your hard work, it hasn't gone unnoticed <3

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    edited September 2020
    afai1261 wrote: »

0Sr9OV0.png
    jaKZ0Nx.png
    JlyAs07.png

I initially wasn't very enthusiastic about this pack, but now I actually can't wait (of course, totally ignoring the fact that I am a uni student and the workload will no doubt make me unable to play for as long as I want to :pensive: )

I er may or may not have already downloaded Khalon (hope I spelled that right). He is unbelievably hot lol <3

Ahhh I don't know!

You can chose to never use wands which is good. Then you won't have to see your sims that is a force user in your story whip out a want when you want them to argue with another sim. A spellcaster can make another sim feel intense sadness, that would work. ZipZap, giving someone a good jolt. Minionize, in the films a force user makes someone remove handcuffs or something like that. That might not be applicable here but for 8 hours you can make another sim do stuff.

Thank you :) in that case I may go for spellcaster and I guess I can cheat so that they know all the right spells from the get go (need to find out how to do that first).
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am very happy that I CAN take my family of 3 and have each of them play through a different faction at the same time!
    Though I might just go for 2 factions in one family, the daughter will def be a scaundrel and the mother probly 1st order, I think the dad will just be there "for science!" (he is my mad scientist).

The CAS is beautiful!
    I also feel like some of the clothing would go well for other occult sims, like my alchemist (spellcaster) and the dark hoods for my coven members, I adore one of the male tops especially and I already know who will wear it.

Not so happy about the alien looks being masks, it would be fine if there were no "situational outfits" which force sims out of their assigned clothes...I really hate the situational outfit mechanic....but umm...this is a positive thread so let's not spoil it....

BB is top notch too, can't wait to build with all the cool looking stuff :smile:

Yeah, I watched her video now, it's a little confusing. You can go to Batuu as an alien from Sixam, but you can't put on an alien mask or wear the green makeup on your sim and walk around on Batuu and play as an alien on Batuu because those masks are not available in CAS on Batuu.

I wonder if this could be changed via filters in CAS.

Maybe, it is difficult to tell what clothes you can wear on Batuu, because the CAS that you get while you are on Batuu looks like a more restricted version, like the ones you get when you want to edit your outfits in your restaurant for example. But I can't imagine that aliens, spellcasters, vampires or mermaids should not be able to go.

It's nice that we seem to be able to edit the lots at least, so we can replace the First Order headquarters with the Pancakes house if we really wanted to (that totally sounds like something Dr Gluon would do...) but I'm pretty sure we can't change it to another type of lot.

Yeah... I think it will be like on Sixam and the only ones that can use the lots are the sims that you are taking over there. If the lot sticks in Batuu after you edited it with cheats then I can use that in my stories. That would be a bonus for me personally but I'm not taking it for granted. We will see in a few days :)
  • Options

0Sr9OV0.png
    jaKZ0Nx.png
    JlyAs07.png

I er may or may not have already downloaded Khalon (hope I spelled that right). He is unbelievably hot lol <3

Ahhh I don't know!

Thank you :) in that case I may go for spellcaster and I guess I can cheat so that they know all the right spells from the get go (need to find out how to do that first).

Spellcaster rank can be tuned without a mod. Use the cheat Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP # - simply putting in a number like 3000 will set you to the max level. Each time you use it thereafter you will get one extra talent point for spent on the Perks page.

You start as an Apprentice and need the following XP number for each rank:

Neophyte - 50
    Acolyte - 350
    Adept - 875
    Master - 1550
    Virtuoso - 2350

In order to fill the bar at this stage, you'll need 500 "Witch XP" as it is referred to in the game code. Each time you do so, you'll get an additional talent point which means that players can purchase every perk. This is why simply setting XP at 3000 works to give you +1 talent point each time you do it. You're setting WitchXP to max + another 500. It is entirely possible to Lower your Spellcaster rank with this cheat as well.

Source:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/cheats.php

Hope you will have fun :smile:
  • Options

0Sr9OV0.png
    jaKZ0Nx.png
    JlyAs07.png

Ahhh I don't know!

Spellcaster rank can be tuned without a mod. Use the cheat Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP # - simply putting in a number like 3000 will set you to the max level. Each time you use it thereafter you will get one extra talent point for spent on the Perks page.

Neophyte - 50
    Acolyte - 350
    Adept - 875
    Master - 1550
    Virtuoso - 2350

In order to fill the bar at this stage, you'll need 500 "Witch XP" as it is referred to in the game code. Each time you do so, you'll get an additional talent point which means that players can purchase every perk. This is why simply setting XP at 3000 works to give you +1 talent point each time you do it. You're setting WitchXP to max + another 500. It is entirely possible to Lower your Spellcaster rank with this cheat as well.

Source:

Thank you! It's great to know these cheats :) I think a spellcaster will still need to learn the spells from the sages or reading books, right?
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think I will enjoy the story aspect. When playing other games, I love that my character plays a part in a story. It's a little boring, though, if the character can only play one side of things. I think it's awesome when I can choose a side.

I don't expect an overly deep and engaging story in this GP, but I view it as chance to play an expanded version/vision of The Sims.

If we can combine different styles of gameplay in a single game, where folks are totally in charge of whether they want to make use of additional types of gameplay or keep to the "old ways", I consider that pretty amazing. It would mean a broader appeal, because the fact that other players can choose something they want will not deter from one's own experience. Whenever things are left optional, it leaves us with incredible freedom that isn't necessarily found everywhere in other games. I find the thought of multi-style games intriguing and very appealing.

I still keep my expectations in check, though. Of course, this GP can't give us the full experience of the Star Wars universe. But it can offer fans and curious minds a taste and also a bit of nostalgia to some of us.

Personally, I'm often an oldschool person. I don't particularly care for the new face of old friends. But live and let live, right? Cheers :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options

I have an alien/spellcaster hybrid which to me seemed like the most obvious option. These hybrids aren't terribly broken if you make sure you are completely happy with the alien in CAS - both forms - before you add the spellcaster cheat. Going into CAS afterwards can cause their skin tone and clothes to change. Which is why he's just a normal alien atm as I assume the forced costume change going to Batuu will mess him up.
  • Options

Hmm.... I've been looking around for a video on Star Wars Build&Buy. I'm really looking forward to what's coming in the Pack and I'm really curious about what is in debug but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just watched the game play trailer and it looks awesome!!!!!
    https://youtu.be/oe5N_0TQOkM
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited September 2020

0Sr9OV0.png
    jaKZ0Nx.png
    JlyAs07.png

Ahhh I don't know!

Neophyte - 50
    Acolyte - 350
    Adept - 875
    Master - 1550
    Virtuoso - 2350

Source:

Thank you! It's great to know these cheats :) I think a spellcaster will still need to learn the spells from the sages or reading books, right?

Sounds like a good plan to send a spellcaster. If you are willing to use mods you can learn all spells at one with this mod. tome of the fourth sage I found it very useful to max out a sim for story telling purposes.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Hmm.... I've been looking around for a video on Star Wars Build&Buy. I'm really looking forward to what's coming in the Pack and I'm really curious about what is in debug but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere.

I would like to know what's up with that. James Turner always has BB overviews and instead he made a Star Wars inspired BG only build (which is quite nice actually, I already placed it in my game) and a video showing the gameplay features, which I only watched in parts.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options

I would like to know what's up with that. James Turner always has BB overviews and instead he made a Star Wars inspired BG only build (which is quite nice actually, I already placed it in my game) and a video showing the gameplay features, which I only watched in parts.

Maybe it is coming? Don't know what they got access to the pack and could film it. Could still be editing it?

Soon, sooon we will see it anyways :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top