Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Can't wait to get my hands on this thing and see where else I can find the Aurebesh to translate. (I love that language. Even stuck a joke in my sig with it)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Oh my, I just watched the debug video. I would literally buy this pack for the debug alone :D I'm so excited I can't play. I was trying to get my kiddos levelled up to adult but I have no appetite for the mundane! Can't even build because I just keep thinking of the stuff I dont have yet haha.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There is a ton of stuff in build/buy and debug but what good is it if we don't have a Star Wars world to build in. We need a blank Newcrest in space world so we CAN tell our stories and build our builds. Would another blank world be all that hard. The world team did a fantastic job on Batuu. I know they could create a world with three neighborhoods, one per faction with enough lots in each to provide a base lot and some residential lots. Why create toddler clothes if they can't go to Batuu to live?
    I would love a blank space world, but i do intend to make some of the existing worlds into alien/space kind of themes, so i will need outfits for the whole family.

I love Strangerville, and Glimmerbrook doesn't have much in the way of anything except trees and water (though, of course, only 5 lots) so I will use that too.

I have an idea in mind for maybe having aliens taking over human worlds, so they will build their own style of buildings but there will be some human style stuff remaining.

Just wanted to say thanks to those simmers putting things under spoilers <3 I will enjoy the pack so much more if there are surprises I can ogle at lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    There is a ton of stuff in build/buy and debug but what good is it if we don't have a Star Wars world to build in. We need a blank Newcrest in space world so we CAN tell our stories and build our builds. Would another blank world be all that hard. The world team did a fantastic job on Batuu. I know they could create a world with three neighborhoods, one per faction with enough lots in each to provide a base lot and some residential lots. Why create toddler clothes if they can't go to Batuu to live?
    I would love a blank space world, but i do intend to make some of the existing worlds into alien/space kind of themes, so i will need outfits for the whole family.

I love Strangerville, and Glimmerbrook doesn't have much in the way of anything except trees and water (though, of course, only 5 lots) so I will use that too.

I have an idea in mind for maybe having aliens taking over human worlds, so they will build their own style of buildings but there will be some human style stuff remaining.

Just wanted to say thanks to those simmers putting things under spoilers <3 I will enjoy the pack so much more if there are surprises I can ogle at lol.

Oh yeah, Glimmerbrook is a great location too! I can just picture the Ewoks in their treehouses...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    kemowery wrote: »
    I'm watching the English Simmer's B/B review, and I'm definitely digging it. I agree with her that we should have gotten some counters, but I won't be terribly surprised if the swatches and meshes in JTB become the basis for someone making a "Space Fight" CC pack.

Oop. She was talking about the landspeeder item and said that if you watch the Original Trilogy, this is what Anakin's speeder looks like and I anticipate her comments are going to fill up with a bunch of "well actually" posts.

I just watched the exact same video and I actually said out loud, "Luke! Luke's landspeeder!" Lol. I know Anakin had it, but when you say "Original Trilogy", it's gotta be Luke. (<---Nerd moment)

But OHH migawd! The build buy is so incredible! The floor stuff, the lights, the fencing, the Gonk droid object, the round bar, the stuff, and ALL THE THINGS!! <3<3<3

Why can't it be Tuesday right now? I haven't been revved up to this level since Vampires!

I think the thing that keeps me coming back even after I say that I'm going away is the sort of happiness I see here. It's not unlike how I watch audience reactions to the Endgame portals scene, despite not being much of a Marvel aficionado. Seeing people get excited about their favorite series, superhero or landspeeder is just so wholesome.

I love that you seem to have the Good trait. ❤️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member

That would be fantastic. Its a shame to have all this great build buy stuff that does not really fit in with any of the buildable worlds.
  • Options
    I've gotten fond of using the Get Famous green screens in places. Sometimes it just takes the right angle and i can block out the unsightly anachronistic stuff of the modern world.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    did ya'll fill up your worlds so fast?
    maybe it's because I am (very thoughtfully...and slowly) rebuilding all the worlds myself, but I got tonnes of space left!
    Plus I also think Strangerville and maybe Oasis Springs could work well with this pack, though I am gonna use alot of it in Brindleton Bay (the backdrop doesn't matter, cause it's not suppossed to be an alien world in my game, just a rundown, wastelandish world).
    Oh and I LOVE the new kids costume, def gonna put it on one of my occult kids.
    It all ties in really well to my personal "Simverse".

I haven't looked at the debug yet, I wanna save that for when I get the pack and judging by the reactions here it's gonna be a nice unveiling for me :smiley:
    CelSims wrote: »
    Oh my, I just watched the debug video. I would literally buy this pack for the debug alone :D I'm so excited I can't play. I was trying to get my kiddos levelled up to adult but I have no appetite for the mundane! Can't even build because I just keep thinking of the stuff I dont have yet haha.

I know your pain! I should really be working on the family that's gonna go to Batuu but I am getting so impatient.
    Last time this happend to me was with RoM.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I've gotten fond of using the Get Famous green screens in places. Sometimes it just takes the right angle and i can block out the unsightly anachronistic stuff of the modern world.

What a great idea, thank you for sharing that! I'll play round with them later.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    With Get Famous you could make a Star Wars film set!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Oh, OH, *squeeeee*!!! That's such a brilliant idea, ohmigod!! Combined with @Haflinger 's idea for green screens, (which I haven't even tried out yet, where have I been?) there's potential for some really epic screen shots and/or story videos!

How can people dis on this pack?? There's so much awesome it's blinding! Just wait until people start sharing their screenshots and play videos.

*Puts on villain mustache* They'll see! They'll all see!

*Evil extended laugh.* *Coughs.*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited September 2020

Is it confirmed that toddlers can't go? They can't do missions obviously but I was under the impression the entire family can come along to this vacation world.

I was disappointed how children and toddlers got absolutely nothing in RoM and DU. Now at least EA acknowledges their existence. In any case I am very happy toddler and children were not forgotten in this pack. If you watch the trailer you can even see some children walking around in the background.
    VqSaocN.png
  • Options
    Nightwolf225Nightwolf225 Posts: 44 Member
    Just an FYI to everyone but simgururomeo has been doing a little bit of a Q&A on twitter about JtB theres some interesting stuff there and I suck at trying to link multiple things so I'm not gonna even try but for those interested I'd have a look

like he explained that the reason the aliens were made into costumes rather than occults was because unlike the occults ingame they dont have any special abilities so they didn't think there was a good reason to make multiple new life states (I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea)

He also explained the reason the alien costumes are under the hat category is because the literally replace the entire head of the sim.

It's pretty neat stuff and I figured you guys might be hankering for some more info and there looks to be some there.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Oh, OH, *squeeeee*!!! That's such a brilliant idea, ohmigod!! Combined with @Haflinger 's idea for green screens, (which I haven't even tried out yet, where have I been?) there's potential for some really epic screen shots and/or story videos!

How can people dis on this pack?? There's so much awesome it's blinding! Just wait until people start sharing their screenshots and play videos.

Yeah I've been watching the SimsFan.de video on super slow speed and watching all the debug stuff has really got me thinking outside of the box. Considering it's a really specific theme it's really versatile actually! I've just thought of doing a moroccan market as well!

EDIT: I just wanna know if there are blasters in the debug menu!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    @Nightwolf225 aah shame I no longer have my twitter account. But I bet @luthienrising will be interested for her fact thread.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Is it confirmed that toddlers can't go? They can't do missions obviously but I was under the impression the entire family can come along to this vacation world.

I was disappointed how children and toddlers got absolutely nothing in RoM and DU. Now at least EA acknowledges their existence. In any case I am very happy toddler and children were not forgotten in this pack. If you watch the trailer you can even see some children walking around in the background.
    VqSaocN.png

Yes, I know there are NPC kids/toddlers in the trailer but with no house to go to, why drag kids into that world that has absolutely nothing for them to do? No park. No swings. When a toddlers gets tired can you take them to the "refilling" station and get their needs back in green?

We need a Star Wars world hat we can build in so we can, actually, tell our stories. Yet another huge miss from EA.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Yeah I've been watching the SimsFan.de video on super slow speed and watching all the debug stuff has really got me thinking outside of the box. Considering it's a really specific theme it's really versatile actually! I've just thought of doing a moroccan market as well!

That would turn out great! Especially with those windows they added in the update last year.

YZFCVtm.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Just an FYI to everyone but simgururomeo has been doing a little bit of a Q&A on twitter about JtB theres some interesting stuff there and I suck at trying to link multiple things so I'm not gonna even try but for those interested I'd have a look

like he explained that the reason the aliens were made into costumes rather than occults was because unlike the occults ingame they dont have any special abilities so they didn't think there was a good reason to make multiple new life states (I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea)

He also explained the reason the alien costumes are under the hat category is because the literally replace the entire head of the sim.

It's pretty neat stuff and I figured you guys might be hankering for some more info and there looks to be some there.

I saw someone had made a comment on Twitter about kids not having the costume heads and how it would have been nice for genetics, but Star Wars has weird genetics anyway as a galaxy. Jacen Syndulla is the absolute proof of that, being as his mother is a Twi'lek and his father was a human, and he looks totes human except for the green hair.

Besides, I'm sure modders will make kids sized hats so we can have little Twi'leks and Abedendos and Bith running around. Bith ... brr. Darth Tenebrous always freaked me out.
  • Options

That would turn out great! Especially with those windows they added in the update last year.

YZFCVtm.jpg

Yes that's what I was thinking plus all the deco from Jungle Adventures and City Living might flesh it out a bit...
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

You know what, that's a great idea. I'll keep that in mind :) thanks!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

YZFCVtm.jpg

Nice room. Very Sumerian, minus the tile floor.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm still so excited because I'm going to use this as an adventure destination for my Simmer. Although I'm a family player, I've always wanted my Sims to be able to experience a place like this. Now I have the opportunity to design a whole world/destination place were Simmers live, dress the part and answer tourist questions. So, all of my Simmers including toddlers and kids will experience Star Wars. That is what I love so much about the Sims 4--it allows each player to imagine and tell their own story.

The build items and CAS are going to work perfectly for me. Still trying to think of a good name for my new world.

The toddler in this outfit just warms my heart.
    Kids.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Same here. I can’t build anything in my game right now until I have the new pack. I’m way too excited.
    What I will do is open up a new save, impersonate the Death Star and destroy every lot in every world so I can re-build the entire Galaxy.
    It’s for the greater good.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »

YZFCVtm.jpg

Nice room. Very Sumerian, minus the tile floor.

It's actually from in game, I was playing just now. The Sim I made for this pack had to start out on an empty lot with no money like so many of my other Sims. That is a picture of her barely furnished one-room hut. It's the best that gathering and frog-breeding money can buy! :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    I just found a posepack with Jedi combat poses, including what looks like the opening stance/first part of "Falling Avalanche" in Form V, I love Djem Sho so much, but do like the reverse grip for Shien. I just need them lightsabers now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top