Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    There isn't any plans for TS5 right now because TS4 got major bad press and they don't wanna make another bad game.
    It's a shame.
    .....dang...
    Oh and basically, the team forgot about the 20th anniversary because they forgot...they forgot their own game....
    I am beyond ashamed...

That's a shame if that is true, but even if they do plan to support the sims4 for many more years...they have to think about the future.

The decisions they are making seems to end in very mixed results, they did not make anything for the 20th anniversary... but they released a nice free update in the summer instead. It is such a mixed bag of decisions that I am not sure how to feel about it.

At this point I am almost expecting them to just keep making random content for the sims4, they will release moving babies as a free update and make "recycled animations - the pack" another day.

And when they feel like announcing the sims5 they will just announce it at some random event and it will either be amazing or horrible.

I just.....I don't think it's wise to continue with TS4 for too many years...
    It can only take so much until it breaks...
    I would really love for them to just announce it already.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I dunno, I kind of like Grant. He's very direct and doesn't sugar coat anything. Maybe it's because I'm from New England (North of Boston) and we're kind of like that around here. I never felt like he was being fake or needed anyone's approval of his honesty. I personally prefer bold honesty to truth-dodging in order to avoid upset when it comes to answering questions about the game. Now, I may not necessarily agree with his point of view all the time, but at least knowing the truth allows me to come to terms with the game production process.

I think that when he actually admitted on Twitter that they dropped the ball when they decided to eliminate having a Fear emotion in early development, I gained a lot more respect for him.

It's not about him being direct, it's more that I feel that his views for TS are often not in line with what the community actually wants. But again, this is just an impression from watching him on streams.

Fair point. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    First rule : Never announce the console version before the PC version is officially released and a success !
    Second rule : Never release the console version at the launch of a new console without a confirmation it's a success.

Previously :

PS2 (2000) -> TS1 (2000) -> TS1 PS2 (2003) -> TS2 (2004) -> TS2 PS2 (2005)
    PS3 (2006) -> TS3 (2009) -> TS3 PS3 (2010)
    PS4 (2013) -> TS4 (2014) -> TS4 PS4 (2017)

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    I bet it's "Clickbait" based on fan speculation like in 2019.

Today the journalists spread fake news without checking the infos.
    Maybe we should do a blacklist of these sites.

E3 2019 | The Sims 5 missing from EA Play despite rumors
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/547881-e3-2019-the-sims-5-ea-play
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    logion wrote: »
    There isn't any plans for TS5 right now because TS4 got major bad press and they don't wanna make another bad game.
    It's a shame.
    .....dang...
    Oh and basically, the team forgot about the 20th anniversary because they forgot...they forgot their own game....
    I am beyond ashamed...

That's a shame if that is true, but even if they do plan to support the sims4 for many more years...they have to think about the future.

The decisions they are making seems to end in very mixed results, they did not make anything for the 20th anniversary... but they released a nice free update in the summer instead. It is such a mixed bag of decisions that I am not sure how to feel about it.

At this point I am almost expecting them to just keep making random content for the sims4, they will release moving babies as a free update and make "recycled animations - the pack" another day.

And when they feel like announcing the sims5 they will just announce it at some random event and it will either be amazing or horrible.

I just.....I don't think it's wise to continue with TS4 for too many years...
    It can only take so much until it breaks...
    I would really love for them to just announce it already.

I personally do think they are working on five.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    They probably won't announce the Sims 5 until it is closer to release, which honestly is a good thing. I'm tired of companies (Square Enix, Bethesda) teasing or announcing games, only for them to be not be released until 4, sometimes 10 years later.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited June 2020
    mika wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Honestly not looking forward to starting over and having to buy all the same packs again for a full game. Idk what makes people so sure 5 will be any better when it's made by the same people.

I like TS4 style and rather it just be improved.

I sometimes don't understand this logic. There's no point in adding stuff to something that is already super problematic and probably can't be fixed. 😂

The performance issues I get from TS4 are terrible and adding more packs is just going to make it worse unless they make a total overhaul of the game engine. But that is probably too much work.

Better for them to just start a new game.

And yes, I don't know what TS5 will be like until I buy it and play it for myself, but I know how TS4 is already like at this current state ... And it's not good. XD So.... There's that.

And I could say the same about your "logic". Perhaps your performance issues are not others performance issues? I have an excellent computer and would not like the quality of my game lowered just because your machine can't handle the game. And I actually like TS4, my issue is missing content that should have come in the base game, but can easily be added now like they have done through patches and etc.

TS5 is most likely going to be multiplayer so enjoy your new game and further performance issues...

I mean fair enough. I can get by that. But for me personally, I'd like to move on since it doesn't wanna work on my laptop. I have a gaming laptop that exceeds the requirements for this game but this game doesn't like laptops. So...

And a lot of people have also complained about the performance particularly people with laptops. This has been happening since 2014-2015 or so. I've had friends here who had gaming laptops before I even had one at the time, and they already said they had fps issues on this game. So it's not just me.

I've bought 3 different gaming laptops and none of them run the game smoothly enough to my liking. So no, it's not my machine, it's the game. I will shut up if they can do an overhaul of the game engine to better optimize it for laptops but it's been 5-6 years now so it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.

Plus, a lot of the new packs that they are adding is a bit lackluster in terms of the content, in my opinion.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @SimTrippy cooling all seems fine and it often happens only a few minutes into playing anyway.. It's an Alienware laptop. Maybe I should contact customer support.... I get the feeling that the game just doesn't like my laptop though.

I only switched the FPS counter on after I notice the lag because I wanted to know what was going on. It's really noticable without the FPS counter though because everything slows down by such a lot.

I heard Alienware are used to be good but as far as I know they're considered quite bad gaming PCs now at least that's what I heard
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    @DeKay ìnteresting you should say that about the laptops. As I posted earlier in this thread, I have a gaming laptop with very good specs and get frequent lag (FPS drops to under 20 or often under 10) multiple times per gaming session even though I only play for a couple of hours at a time. And I have no CC, only mod is MCCC. Sounds like the game hates laptops!

My computer's stats:

CPU: i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM [this is from my DxDiag report from Sept 2019 so I'm probably using a bit more memory now but I only use this computer to play TS4 and it has a lot of memory so I doubt I'm close to using it all!]

So yeah I have a very good gaming laptop but despite this still get awful FPS problems. That must show something!
  • Options
    @comicsforlife really? That's a shame. Darn it.

I could be wrong I mean I'm no expert I just remember hearing that somewhere I also remember hearing that they used to be quite good but the quality went downhill I can't remember where I heard it though
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    From a tweet someone showed me...
    It's a shame.

.....dang...

I am beyond ashamed...

I can't really take that rumor seriously we already got tricked at the country living thing and this is the guy saying that his friend heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who now I have that song stuck in my head thanks a lot anyway that's what he said on his Twitter account 😂 besides I do think they're working on the Sims 5 I just don't think it's going to be coming out anytime soon they I wouldn't be saying that the Sims 4 was doing really well and then continue to make the stuff if it wasn't doing well they are a business after all they stopped making SimCity because it wasn't doing well besides I've heard the gurus say they do get to decide the theme of The packs and also a bunch of the guru said that the Sims 4 was doing really really well and in fact is doing better every year that text just looks like something written by someone who's bitter about the Sims 4 or just wants attention
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    but anyway I'm more inclined to believe the developers of the game then some randoms on the internet that say they know a bunch of stuff and that argue amongst themselves about the stuff that they know or know not
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Also I looked on the guys Twitter account according to him he's posting private messages that somebody had with someone else that he somehow got from a friend even if it was true that was people having private conversations and sharing that on the Internet is gross regardless and he clearly didn't get permission
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    DeKay ìnteresting you should say that about the laptops. As I posted earlier in this thread, I have a gaming laptop with very good specs and get frequent lag (FPS drops to under 20 or often under 10) multiple times per gaming session even though I only play for a couple of hours at a time. And I have no CC, only mod is MCCC. Sounds like the game hates laptops!

My computer's stats:

CPU: i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM [this is from my DxDiag report from Sept 2019 so I'm probably using a bit more memory now but I only use this computer to play TS4 and it has a lot of memory so I doubt I'm close to using it all!]

So yeah I have a very good gaming laptop but despite this still get awful FPS problems. That must show something!

My laptop isn't near to being good as yours. Haha. Yours is like a desktop computer in a laptop body, I guess. XD But I'm not even getting 10fps unless I zoom out a lot or spin the camera really fast. It could be the lot you're playing on also.

Did you make sure the game is playing on the Nividia card and not the Intel card? Also, zooming in close to your sims is better. If you zoom out a lot, it will cause severe fps drops.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay yes it's meant to be like a portable desktop basically. It happens on different lots and in different saves and I usually play zoomed in anyway so can'tbe that. I've checked and it is using the Nvidia card. Checked so many things... I have come to the conclusion that the game just hates my laptop!
  • Options
    DeKay yes it's meant to be like a portable desktop basically. It happens on different lots and in different saves and I usually play zoomed in anyway so can'tbe that. I've checked and it is using the Nvidia card. Checked so many things... I have come to the conclusion that the game just hates my laptop!

I'm starting to think the stronger the computer, the worse the game runs. LOL. Maybe your video card is really new? I don't know.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay yes it's meant to be like a portable desktop basically. It happens on different lots and in different saves and I usually play zoomed in anyway so can'tbe that. I've checked and it is using the Nvidia card. Checked so many things... I have come to the conclusion that the game just hates my laptop!

I'm starting to think the stronger the computer, the worse the game runs. LOL. Maybe your video card is really new? I don't know.

It is quite new, so I guess it could be that. Oh well hopefully it runs TS5 alright when that (eventually!) releases.
  • Options

It is quite new, so I guess it could be that. Oh well hopefully it runs TS5 alright when that (eventually!) releases.

I hope so too sorry that your computer isn't working with the game do you have any other older models you could try I mean in your house
  • Options

I hope so too sorry that your computer isn't working with the game do you have any other older models you could try I mean in your house

No. My old laptop that I used to play on is not made for gaming and can't handle the game anymore, even when it could it had 30 min loading screens and massive lag. My desktop is about 10 years old and can't cope with the game either.
  • Options
    So...
    Saw this...
    https://www.psu.com/news/here-is-every-ps5-game-official-playstation-magazine-has-confirmed/

But take this as a grain of salt.

EDIT : It may show TS5 may be revealed at EA Play <3. I hope so!

EDIT 2 : https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/groxnd/the_sims_5_confirmed_in_uk_magazine/
    j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

EDIT 3 : Sooo, EA play is announcing a new game with online features....
    https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/

Guys.....

Looks like it'll be online too (oh no)

I'm not interested in online play. Glad Paralives is single player mode.

I wouldn't take that too seriously cat I looked at the article about ea announcing a new game and the article already acts like they announced it it says it's scheduled to release 2021 which they wouldn't know that because he hasn't even announced it yet but personally I think the more Sims games the better bring on competitions in spin offs maybe they'll do another castaway stories are medieval game or something that would be neat and I also think it would be nice to hear that they were working on Sims 5 even if they weren't planning to put it out for three or four years that's the usual timeline for game announcements and releases at least normal AAA games anyway
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Whenever people say it'll come out they always say "eighteen months". Have you noticed that?

Of course when the PS5 comes out if there's a Sims 5 it will be on it. When is that? Nobody knows.

Will Sims 5 be as good as it could be, or will it be muted for the sake of consoles?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Honestly not looking forward to starting over and having to buy all the same packs again for a full game. Idk what makes people so sure 5 will be any better when it's made by the same people.

I like TS4 style and rather it just be improved.

I sometimes don't understand this logic. There's no point in adding stuff to something that is already super problematic and probably can't be fixed. 😂

The performance issues I get from TS4 are terrible and adding more packs is just going to make it worse unless they make a total overhaul of the game engine. But that is probably too much work.

Better for them to just start a new game.

And yes, I don't know what TS5 will be like until I buy it and play it for myself, but I know how TS4 is already like at this current state ... And it's not good. XD So.... There's that.

And I could say the same about your "logic". Perhaps your performance issues are not others performance issues? I have an excellent computer and would not like the quality of my game lowered just because your machine can't handle the game. And I actually like TS4, my issue is missing content that should have come in the base game, but can easily be added now like they have done through patches and etc.

TS5 is most likely going to be multiplayer so enjoy your new game and further performance issues...

I mean fair enough. I can get by that. But for me personally, I'd like to move on since it doesn't wanna work on my laptop. I have a gaming laptop that exceeds the requirements for this game but this game doesn't like laptops. So...

And a lot of people have also complained about the performance particularly people with laptops. This has been happening since 2014-2015 or so. I've had friends here who had gaming laptops before I even had one at the time, and they already said they had fps issues on this game. So it's not just me.

I've bought 3 different gaming laptops and none of them run the game smoothly enough to my liking. So no, it's not my machine, it's the game. I will shut up if they can do an overhaul of the game engine to better optimize it for laptops but it's been 5-6 years now so it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.

Plus, a lot of the new packs that they are adding is a bit lackluster in terms of the content, in my opinion.

Sometimes I really wonder if companies lie or exaggerate their computer specs. Because it seems no two computers perform the same even if they have the same specs.

I mainly use a desktop but the only laptop I found that truly runs like a desktop with zero lag,studder or problems is MSI. Now I can't say if everyone has the same experience but it's the only brand I suggest to people and the only brand I will continue to buy. They are a little pricey and it took me a bit to save for them. (I got both the msi desktop and laptop at the same time and both were second hand)
    But this things literally gives me 0 problems and I've never been so happy with a laptop or desktop from all the ones I've tried in the past.

The downside, just incase you ever decide to try it is that the laptop is so thick and heavy it feels like a pc itself 😂😂😂😂 I can't have it directly on my lap but that's probably why it actually performs lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If this is true I'm very dissapointed this game will be console. Which we all know is usually very different than any pc version by it's tasks, and questy type gameplay etc. And online.....where is the PC leak? :/ Porting a console game to pc is very different than porting a pc game to console. It means (to me) if pc version came later rather than first the pc version wouldn't be at all what we were hoping to see.

It never occurred to me that they might just make it for console only if they did they'd be nuts after all a huge majority of the shimmers are on PC and not console I mean I know the spin-offs did really well but nothing like the main line game

It's possible depending on what type of gamer they want to attract and what type of deals they make with companies like Sony playstations or xboxes (MS) etc. And even with video card manufacturers. They have to work closely with all these entities from the very first step and make the deals of how they will build it and for who/which format. I don't think many will run out and buy a PS5 just to play a Sim game if they prefer pc games over console gaming. So, EA has been moving toward mobile for years, maybe this is their way of ending the pc era for this franchise. I really don't know and hope console is not the holy grail for The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.