Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited June 2020
    mika wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Honestly not looking forward to starting over and having to buy all the same packs again for a full game. Idk what makes people so sure 5 will be any better when it's made by the same people.

I like TS4 style and rather it just be improved.

I sometimes don't understand this logic. There's no point in adding stuff to something that is already super problematic and probably can't be fixed. 😂

The performance issues I get from TS4 are terrible and adding more packs is just going to make it worse unless they make a total overhaul of the game engine. But that is probably too much work.

Better for them to just start a new game.

And yes, I don't know what TS5 will be like until I buy it and play it for myself, but I know how TS4 is already like at this current state ... And it's not good. XD So.... There's that.

And I could say the same about your "logic". Perhaps your performance issues are not others performance issues? I have an excellent computer and would not like the quality of my game lowered just because your machine can't handle the game. And I actually like TS4, my issue is missing content that should have come in the base game, but can easily be added now like they have done through patches and etc.

TS5 is most likely going to be multiplayer so enjoy your new game and further performance issues...

You know this the same reason sims 3 players gave to people struggling to play it. Welll you have problems with sims 3 . .Its because your computer is low specs.Sims 4 has just as manny bugs as 3.My hope for five they learn their lesson.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @mika I'm not sure that I want TS5 just yet either since I do love TS4 and want more content for it, especially more supernatural (although I have to admit I would be pretty excited if TS5 were announced and I'd probably get it on release!).

I am certainly not trying to be argumentative here either. It's awesome that your computer handles the game so well and I'm jealous! I wouldn't want the quality of your game (or my game!) lowered either... But mine is also a very good gaming computer and I frequently get dreadful lag (FPS dips to under 20 or often under 10 - multiple times per gaming session - and I only play a couple of hours at a time). I'm getting very fed up with it :(

My computer's stats:

CPU: i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM [this is from my DxDiag report from Sept 2019 so I'm probably using a bit more memory now but I only use this computer to play TS4 and it has a lot of memory so I doubt I'm close to using it all!]

It's kinda crazy though, I run this on an i7-7700k & GTX 1060 and I never have lag on this PC, no matter how many hours I play the game. On my laptop I do get it though (running the "same" specs, but their laptop versions, so quite a bit less good), but with lowered settings it's alright.

Do you make sure to always, always, always update your NVIDIA drivers as well as Win 10? Having outdated drivers can really mess with performance sometimes. Do you use a huge ton of CC / mods? Conflicting mods could cause this as well.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @mika I'm not sure that I want TS5 just yet either since I do love TS4 and want more content for it, especially more supernatural (although I have to admit I would be pretty excited if TS5 were announced and I'd probably get it on release!).

I am certainly not trying to be argumentative here either. It's awesome that your computer handles the game so well and I'm jealous! I wouldn't want the quality of your game (or my game!) lowered either... But mine is also a very good gaming computer and I frequently get dreadful lag (FPS dips to under 20 or often under 10 - multiple times per gaming session - and I only play a couple of hours at a time). I'm getting very fed up with it :(

My computer's stats:

Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM [this is from my DxDiag report from Sept 2019 so I'm probably using a bit more memory now but I only use this computer to play TS4 and it has a lot of memory so I doubt I'm close to using it all!]

It's kinda crazy though, I run this on an i7-7700k & GTX 1060 and I never have lag on this PC, no matter how many hours I play the game. On my laptop I do get it though (running the "same" specs, but their laptop versions, so quite a bit less good), but with lowered settings it's alright.

Do you make sure to always, always, always update your NVIDIA drivers as well as Win 10? Having outdated drivers can really mess with performance sometimes. Do you use a huge ton of CC / mods? Conflicting mods could cause this as well.

My games laptop doesn't lag either with Sims 4 and GTX1060 NVidia as well. I have all the packs but don't play with CC or mods and won't until the game is finished with. I wonder if some problems come with Microsoft continually updating Windows 10 as my settings get reverted to default sometimes. EA has to keep up with them, particularly if they are wanting to use any new X box versions for this game or a Sims 5.

I just update any NVidia drivers using the Device panel to allow Windows to find it now rather than using the NVidia one. I am wary of going a driver too far on an ageing machine.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020

My computer's stats:

@SimTrippy yes I keep my drivers and Windows up to date. No CC and only mod is MCCC.

My computer is a laptop rather than a PC but still it is a very good gaming laptop so I wouldn't have expected such performance issues but there you go.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy yes I keep my drivers and Windows up to date. No CC and only mod is MCCC.

Very weird. It's always baffled me about the sims how these games can run so differently on everyone's pc :/ maybe there is an RTX setting for more graphically advanced games than TS that is turned on and somehow causing issues? I don't have an RTX so idk if that's possible but that's all I could think of xD
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @SimTrippy I've checked all sorts of things and there doesn't seem to be anything amiss. The only thing I can think of is that it is a laptop rather than a PC but it is a very very good gaming laptop so I wouldn't have expected such performance issues.

So do you never get FPS drops on your PC? I'm so jealous :(
  • Options
    @SimTrippy I've checked all sorts of things and there doesn't seem to be anything amiss. The only thing I can think of is that it is a laptop rather than a PC but it is a very very good gaming laptop so I wouldn't have expected such performance issues.

So do you never get FPS drops on your PC? I'm so jealous :(

I mean that *could* be it (honestly I even expected the game to run better on my laptop but that, in all fairness, may be down to the RAM and me being too lazy to put in an additional 8 lol) - but I agree with you, it's not exactly a weak laptop you got there. Cooling is doing its job well too I guess? What brand is it? Might be they have a forum where someone can help you out with this stuff, could be a simple setting that needs changing? Concerning the never part, I don't really measure FPS (I don't like getting too focused on that kinda stuff as at some point it just drives you nuts), but I never notice the game running noticeably worse or better on that PC. It's always the same, never noticed any sort of lag or offputting framerates, only the occasional bug but that's due to the TS4 engine, not the PC :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I highly suspect that any online Sims game coming out from Maxis at this point would not be a "Sims 5" successor-type game but a separate game in the franchise meant to sit alongside, like the current mobile game does.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

My computer's stats:

This is interesting wow. I thought my computer specs were good but yours is a beast!!! 😱
    I wonder what determines how well the game plays? Because my computer is definitely not as good as yours and I get zero lag or performance issues. And I have more mods and cc than the law allows 😂 I get an extremely long loading screen before the game starts but I'm okay with that due to the amount of stuff I have in it. I have Reshade with a bunch of presets too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @SimTrippy cooling all seems fine and it often happens only a few minutes into playing anyway.. It's an Alienware laptop. Maybe I should contact customer support.... I get the feeling that the game just doesn't like my laptop though.

I only switched the FPS counter on after I notice the lag because I wanted to know what was going on. It's really noticable without the FPS counter though because everything slows down by such a lot.
  • Options

My computer's stats:

This is interesting wow. I thought my computer specs were good but yours is a beast!!! 😱
    I wonder what determines how well the game plays? Because my computer is definitely not as good as yours and I get zero lag or performance issues. And I have more mods and cc than the law allows 😂 I get an extremely long loading screen before the game starts but I'm okay with that due to the amount of stuff I have in it. I have Reshade with a bunch of presets too.
    I'd like to know that too. I have no CC and only MCCC as far as mods go. Very short loading screens but frequent lag in live mode sadly.

I'm hoping that when/if TS5 comes out it won't have these issues on my computer.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    From a tweet someone showed me...
    There isn't any plans for TS5 right now because TS4 got major bad press and they don't wanna make another bad game.
    It's a shame.

.....dang...

Oh and basically, the team forgot about the 20th anniversary because they forgot...they forgot their own game....

I am beyond ashamed...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

My computer's stats:

It surprises me how well the game plays on my old 2015 MacBook Pro laptop, on Ultra settings with gobs of cc.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    found this article on a french website i apoligize for the french link https://iphonesoft.fr/2020/02/04/ea-confirme-arrivee-sims-5-ps5-xbox-x
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    There isn't any plans for TS5 right now because TS4 got major bad press and they don't wanna make another bad game.
    It's a shame.

.....dang...

Oh and basically, the team forgot about the 20th anniversary because they forgot...they forgot their own game....

I am beyond ashamed...

I'd seen this too. Honestly, if it's true, who knows, but that thing about Grant wouldn't really surprise me... somehow I've never gotten a positive vibe from that guy xD But well, that's just me judging a book by its cover, what do I know.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's a shame.

.....dang...

I am beyond ashamed...

I'd seen this too. Honestly, if it's true, who knows, but that thing about Grant wouldn't really surprise me... somehow I've never gotten a positive vibe from that guy xD But well, that's just me judging a book by its cover, what do I know.

Oh your not the only one, I just couldn't like the guy even if I tried my best to...bad vibes totally.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2020
    candy8 wrote: »
    I think that Sims 5 will be worse then Sims 4 just an overall feeling seems like they are putting weird stuff in the game not as fun as it us to be. I expect Sims 5 to be even weirder.

That's because EA/Maxis has adopted the "games as a service" trend that Bethesda has been shilling since Oblivion. What you are talking about is the streamlining of features in the Sims 4, which is why some people have low expectations for the Sims 5. Honestly I can't understand why people will think TS5 will be an instant cure to their TS4 woes, it will be base game Sims 4 all over again - and they're not going to stop with the multiple packs, they sell and they want that money.
    Post edited by AedanStarfang on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I dunno, I kind of like Grant. He's very direct and doesn't sugar coat anything. Maybe it's because I'm from New England (North of Boston) and we're kind of like that around here. I never felt like he was being fake or needed anyone's approval of his honesty. I personally prefer bold honesty to truth-dodging in order to avoid upset when it comes to answering questions about the game. Now, I may not necessarily agree with his point of view all the time, but at least knowing the truth allows me to come to terms with the game production process.

I think that when he actually admitted on Twitter that they dropped the ball when they decided to eliminate having a Fear emotion in early development, I gained a lot more respect for him.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I dunno, I kind of like Grant. He's very direct and doesn't sugar coat anything. Maybe it's because I'm from New England (North of Boston) and we're kind of like that around here. I never felt like he was being fake or needed anyone's approval of his honesty. I personally prefer bold honesty to truth-dodging in order to avoid upset when it comes to answering questions about the game. Now, I may not necessarily agree with his point of view all the time, but at least knowing the truth allows me to come to terms with the game production process.

I think that when he actually admitted on Twitter that they dropped the ball when they decided to eliminate having a Fear emotion in early development, I gained a lot more respect for him.

It's not about him being direct, it's more that I feel that his views for TS are often not in line with what the community actually wants. But again, this is just an impression from watching him on streams.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member

My computer's stats:

I have sims 4 on ultra settings on i7 cpu and GTX 1060 laptop, 60fps. It runs nicely when in fullscreen (in windowed it sometimes stutters a bit).

I have read that Sims 4 has new content planned for next few years, so if this rumour is true my guess is that Sims 5 comes in 2022 or later.
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    If the above tweet is correct. If perhaps there isn't a TS5 anytime soon , I truly hope they focus on fixing the core of the game and not just chug out more and more content without fixing the base game problems.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    That website seems a little sus, but I guess we’ll just have to wait for EA Play. 🤔🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    If the above tweet is correct. If perhaps there isn't a TS5 anytime soon , I truly hope they focus on fixing the core of the game and not just chug out more and more content without fixing the base game problems.
    Idk it's hard to tell if it's meant as "TS5 probably won't happen" or "EA ruining TS5 probably won't happen". Personally, my bet is on the latter, because it's followed up by "they have no interest in making a bad game". If EA had no interest in making a bad game, they could, you know, make a good one instead. Since they're in the business of making games, that conclusion seems more natural to me :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So...
    Saw this...
    https://www.psu.com/news/here-is-every-ps5-game-official-playstation-magazine-has-confirmed/

But take this as a grain of salt.

EDIT : It may show TS5 may be revealed at EA Play <3. I hope so!

EDIT 2 : https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/groxnd/the_sims_5_confirmed_in_uk_magazine/
    j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

EDIT 3 : Sooo, EA play is announcing a new game with online features....
    https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/

Guys.....

Looks like it'll be online too (oh no)

I'm not interested in online play. Glad Paralives is single player mode.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's a shame.
    .....dang...
    I am beyond ashamed...

That's a shame if that is true, but even if they do plan to support the sims4 for many more years...they have to think about the future.

The decisions they are making seems to end in very mixed results, they did not make anything for the 20th anniversary... but they released a nice free update in the summer instead. It is such a mixed bag of decisions that I am not sure how to feel about it.

At this point I am almost expecting them to just keep making random content for the sims4, they will release moving babies as a free update and make "recycled animations - the pack" another day.

And when they feel like announcing the sims5 they will just announce it at some random event and it will either be amazing or horrible.