Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My vampire family had a Halloween.

It started with a romantic moment between Adrian Vadas and his wife Gabrielle.

Their son Lucian checking himself in the mirror while he still can...

Gabrielle was reading something dramatic to Lucian , probably ancient stories about vampire history.

They decided to wear Star Wars outfits for Halloween. I don't know the name of the character that Gabrielle dressed as, I just assume it's from Star Wars. She met a ghost (Vivian Lewis) who was very angry, for some reason.
    MYSbgZ6.png

Lucian dressed as Yoda. :smiley:
    SHOvKyy.png

Adrian, dressed as Darth Vader, had a Halloween dinner from Geoffrey Landgraab. >:)
    wztUN7e.png

Vampire Darth Vader played with the dirty leaf pile while Geoffrey took a nap in the background. :D
    0brHFDY.png

What fun!

I think the blue girl with the horns featured in the (Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic) games 1 and 2. I think she was one of the NPC's you could party up with. The games are older, a little buggy but they're good games if you're into playing RPGs.

Edited: for Game name correction.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Ok, so this just happened. My new nerdy guy was at the restaurant just chilling, talking to someone when Mortimer Goth died of anger (no idea why, he wasn't anywhere near my guy). As per usual, everyone gathered around and started crying, but my new guy started clapping like a madman? Granted, he was enemies with poor Mort, but I wouldn't expect him to be so enthusiastic about his passing....
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member

kj3cj6o.png
    Fainting nro 1...
    JvBo8ra.png
    Fainting nro 8..

All during the same club meeting :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Continuing on, I had my guy wait until everyone went away, and then put Mort's urn in his inventory. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it (maybe give it as a prank gift?), but in the end, I had him travel to Bella Goth's house and place the urn on her front porch. He didn't make contact, just placed the urn and travelled home. I'm sure she would want to have it
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,333 Member
    @Catzilla I like how you build stuff. What I find, is that I have to play-test a build then really modify it over a short time, watching where and what the Simmies do.

@Nate_Whiplash1 Your descriptions of what happened 'in your game today' are so simple and non-serial. That's awesome! :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Catzilla I like how you build stuff. What I find, is that I have to play-test a build then really modify it over a short time, watching where and what the Simmies do.

@Nate_Whiplash1 Your descriptions of what happened 'in your game today' are so simple and non-serial. That's awesome! :)

That lovely 18th c. Chateau build wasn't mine, it was OrenjiAi's. The info dump at the bottom was mine. ;) I had done some research on old manor houses/great houses a while ago for something else non-Sims related.

Yes on playtesting, you never know exactly what works or is inconvenient until you play with it. I was doing this on someone else's house I'd dl'd from the gallery tonight. Couldn't see into a room very well so I tweaked the room dimensions a little and fixed it. Esp helpful if you tweak it and the stairs and doors all disappear. "Why can't you go upstairs to your room?!" "Oh, whoops. Sorry, little sims, my bad." lol
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My alien had baby.

PqELSpV.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021

Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited September 2020
    Neil Jefferson Turtle is my engineer Sim. He was just promoted to a mechanical engineer.
    He's spending most of his time building materials for a robot. He's socially awkward and he's afraid of female Sims. He wants to build himself a robot girlfriend.
    0Z4KELu.png

His only friend is Arun Bheeda who tried to introduce him to some of his friends at the bar. Neil is a loner, so he wasn't having any fun.
    oxPztUq.png

Next day Neil was invited to a dance party. It didn't go well.
    0NLw1BE.png
    Jade Rosa: "Hi, what's your name?"
    Neil: "Why are you talking to me? I want to go home!"

LNLsi3J.png
    Random guy: "Chill out, dude, and have a drink."
    Neil: :rage:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Arian Diggs (erratic, evil, gloomy) held a birthday party for his daughter Morgan who was ageing up to a child. She rolled her first trait...erratic.

Should be fun playing this household!
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Arian Diggs (erratic, evil, gloomy) held a birthday party for his daughter Morgan who was ageing up to a child. She rolled her first trait...erratic.

Should be fun playing this household!

Erratic is so much fun!
  • Options
    So about a week ago I created a new household for an experiment. I created one male and one female Sim, built them a tiny shack with just the necessities, and then deleted the door.

Today I'm playing a different household in the same save, and imagine my surprise when the guy shows up at the restaurant! I'm probably going to delete that household now, because it never occured to me that Sims can travel when I'm not there--sort of defeats the purpose of eliminating the door when they can get out anyways...
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited September 2020
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I love it, it looks great!

Here's some idea fodder for you:
    One thing they did back then was give the bedrooms and salons a color or theme to make them easier to differentiate. There would be the morning room, it usually caught the morning sunshine. They had something like The Blue Salon (decorated in shades of blue, of course), The Yellow bedroom, you get the drift. You could also go fanciful with The Nautical room/Princess Cordeila suite, The Garden Suite, The Fairy suite and the like. The attics were used for storage but also housed the maids, where they had small bedrooms.

If you really want to go in-depth or strictly historically accurate you could check out some historical great house floorplans. They usually had the kitchen, scullery, pantry, laundry, entryway, the head Cook, Housekeeper and Butler's rooms on the ground floor/first floor and the family's living spaces including the salons and dining room would be on the upper floors.

Hey @Catzilla! I'm sorry I missed this comment! I actually binged-built it to completion yesterday! The build is upped to the Gallery here and the screenshots are shared here. I did it @SilentKitty!

But this direction is exactly what I went for! I linked the build heavily with Princess Cordelia's lore. Hey mind if I geek out a bit? :smiley: I really wanted make it as historically-accurate as possible but the modernist in me just couldn't put down the psychedelia of colors they used during the Baroque era (so I went for the softer, more pastelly and less formal Rococo) lol. I imagine this being built around 1760??? Most plans I referenced from had the scullery and kitchen completely separate from the chateau (where the orangerie is right now). But seeing as I had already put some inaccuracies (such as flush toilets, the fridge, electrical lights, etc.) in favor of gameplay, I let it slide and built it in the main house. Also one less room to furnish amirite? lol

By far, the biggest offenders are 1) toilet paper :lol: (I put it in because it doesn't feel right not having one) and 2) this!
    a6rgLqu.jpg
    The American mailbox. Which I had to very reluctantly place down otherwise it spawns inside the vestibule.
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Damian and Heather are still toddlers (six more days :o )
    6XhflpF.png
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    My other family is Elizabeth and Robert Pearson (a redesigned Eliza and Bob Pancakes) they have been fostering Lucas Munch (I moved him in - his school grade was shocking and he didn't get on with his mother) then after a few months he went back to the Munch house, but every day after school he would knock on Eliza's door, so I let them foster him again and now they have 'adopted' him. He is an 'A' Student and adores his adoptive parents. (I know they haven't really adopted him as they cant, but he will stay with them until he's a YA). It was fun playing the fostering family, they looked after several children off and on, from babies to teens.
  • Options
    @Kimmer I love that Neil wants to build himself a robot girlfriend! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I love it, it looks great!

Here's some idea fodder for you:
    One thing they did back then was give the bedrooms and salons a color or theme to make them easier to differentiate. There would be the morning room, it usually caught the morning sunshine. They had something like The Blue Salon (decorated in shades of blue, of course), The Yellow bedroom, you get the drift. You could also go fanciful with The Nautical room/Princess Cordeila suite, The Garden Suite, The Fairy suite and the like. The attics were used for storage but also housed the maids, where they had small bedrooms.

If you really want to go in-depth or strictly historically accurate you could check out some historical great house floorplans. They usually had the kitchen, scullery, pantry, laundry, entryway, the head Cook, Housekeeper and Butler's rooms on the ground floor/first floor and the family's living spaces including the salons and dining room would be on the upper floors.

Hey @Catzilla! I'm sorry I missed this comment! I actually binged-built it to completion yesterday! The build is upped to the Gallery here and the screenshots are shared here. I did it @SilentKitty!

But this direction is exactly what I went for! I linked the build heavily with Princess Cordelia's lore. Hey mind if I geek out a bit? :smiley: I really wanted make it as historically-accurate as possible but the modernist in me just couldn't put down the psychedelia of colors they used during the Baroque era (so I went for the softer, more pastelly and less formal Rococo) lol. I imagine this being built around 1760??? Most plans I referenced from had the scullery and kitchen completely separate from the chateau (where the orangerie is right now). But seeing as I had already put some inaccuracies (such as flush toilets, the fridge, electrical lights, etc.) in favor of gameplay, I let it slide and built it in the main house. Also one less room to furnish amirite? lol

By far, the biggest offenders are 1) toilet paper :lol: (I put it in because it doesn't feel right not having one) and 2) this!
    a6rgLqu.jpg
    The American mailbox. Which I had to very reluctantly place down otherwise it spawns inside the vestibule.

I love your knowledge about the era and your cool build!

There's a plain vertical rectangular mailbox that can kind of blend in with a house like a column, in case it's helpful to you. I also downloaded a build once where they hid it inside a bush, and it was still useable.

• Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Oh no!
    Rouensims wrote: »

I love your knowledge about the era and your cool build!

There's a plain vertical rectangular mailbox that can kind of blend in with a house like a column, in case it's helpful to you. I also downloaded a build once where they hid it inside a bush, and it was still useable.
    Aww thanks! I love architecture and its history! That might've helped some but true historians would look at my work and scowl!

The one from Get Together? I used that pack! And it didn't even occur to me that I could disguise it! I feel really dumb right now! lol I actually found this perfect beautiful mailbox in debug...but it was sadly just decoration.
    tumblr_pz1zpqmO9Z1xchn5xo1_1280.png
    Photo by illogicalsims

They actually made a mod that makes it functional, but t wasn't about to put cc in this build.
  • Options
    This made me chuckle in my game tonight. One of my Sims has the "slob" trait, and he lives alone. He never flushes or cleans his toilet, and there is green gas coming out of it and flies buzzing around it. Tonight he had a lady friend over, one that does NOT have the slob trait, and she had to use the toilet. There were flies buzzing around her while she used it, and as one might expect, she was quite grossed out
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @orenjiAi yay, you got your inspiration for the build back :) that's great!
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Post edited by Rouensims on
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited September 2020
    Today is the last day of Heather and Damian being toddlers :)

5UnhO5f.png
    y7NWlNf.png
    XIQ9hhK.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kip makes normal quality bread rolls.

043-These-breadrolls-go-on-Simstagram.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I don't have any pics, but my legacy family had a little bit of an accident that makes for a funny anecdote. I tried to get my heir sim to have a shower, while I panned away and got their toddler's needs up. I panned back just in time to realise that I'd accidentally had my sim try for a baby in the shower, and she's now pregnant. :#
    banner.png
  • Options
    I guess they'll be taking care of two toddlers now lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top