Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    dawnmayerdawnmayer Posts: 33 Member
    I wish I could post some pics, but as soon I can I will ! So right now I'm playing the family De la Roche, a french family from the eighteenth century (this is for the decades challenge, but I decided to make it start sooner because I love this period). Today Juliette made a party, banquet and all, which she used to show off her now grown daughter (she aged up to be a toddler). She looks a lot like her dad Diderot, which Juliette doesn't like that much though. She also showed off her piano skills and even started writing a song. Her husband Diderot keeps having an affair with the maid, Brielle, who is head over heels in love with him. She saw him flirting with someone else at the party, though ! While Juliette and Diderot had an argument, she went to her room and cried herself to sleep :( It seems this family needs some joy in their life !
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    David has started his first term at Foxbury. He's making lots of new friends...

01-Bot-Savants.jpg

02-Bot-Savants.jpg

03-Night-out.jpg

04-Presentation.jpg

He misses his fiance, so they met for a date at the Romance Festival.

05-Romance-festival.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    @dawnmayer That sounds fascinating, I dont know how to post photos but I cant wait to see the photos of your historical game play :)
  • Options
    > @foxybilly said:
    > @dawnmayer That sounds fascinating, I dont know how to post photos but I cant wait to see the photos of your historical game play :)

Thank you ! :smiley: I think because I'm a new member I can't post screenshots of my Sims game, although maybe it's just that I don't know how to do it xD I hope I can show you at some point :smiley: Thank you for the kind comment !
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    @dawnmayer Your historical game sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing some screen shots when you can post them.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    > @foxybilly said:
    > Today my witch sim Lissa Day got to the top of her magical learning, then I didnt know what to do so I started a new save (I do this a lot) of a 1930's business man Sidney Fairchild and his frosty wife Dorothy, and his young secretary Thelma - his wife really doesn't seem to like him and insults him a lot. I built him an office on the site of the karaoke bar in the fashion district of San Myshuno, of course he had a fling with the smart young secretary and I think im going to give Dorothy the old heave ho and get him to marry Thelma and start a family as he is an adult with greying hair (as would have been natural in 1930's for an over 40 year old)
    >
    > Lissa my witch and Simeon Silversweater (I think thats his name!) became friends through a cheat I added, but their romance bar grew so quickly I hadn't seen that happen so fast in Sims 4 naturally, so they are a couple.
    >
    > I do like period game play but wish there was more outfits/hair for different times, I dont and cant use mods or cc, it would be great to have a 'past times pack' to cover from say 1800-1990 as in the 1990's we mostly wore jeans, brogues and t-shirts/overshirts, or strappy dresses. More menswear would be great too.
    >
    > My other save is my favourites from Brindleton Bay Brant and Brent Hecking and their adopted daughter Paisley and son Lincoln - they are adorable with Lady the French bulldog

This is also awesome ! I loooove 1930s ambiance, I hope I can see some screenshots of your game at some point ! I agree that there is not enough content for historical play, sadly. I do use cc, because it really adds something, but I don't want to overload my game with those either :( It's also annoying that Sims keep using their phones all the time xD
  • Options
    > @GlacierSnow said:
    > @dawnmayer Your historical game sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing some screen shots when you can post them.

For sure ! Thank you for your comment, it makes me happy :)
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    @dawnmayer I have a medical condition that gives me 'brain fog' so I would forget that I had added CC and when there is an update I would forget how to take it off and re install it, I forget everything so I cant be trusted with mods and CC hehe! Oh the ruddy phones drives me crackers!! My sim sat there in her lovely 1930's suit and sensible shoes and stockings and she whips out her 21st century phone!!! :confused:
  • Options
    > @foxybilly said:
    > @dawnmayer I have a medical condition that gives me 'brain fog' so I would forget that I had added CC and when there is an update I would forget how to take it off and re install it, I forget everything so I cant be trusted with mods and CC hehe! Oh the ruddy phones drives me crackers!! My sim sat there in her lovely 1930's suit and sensible shoes and stockings and she whips out her 21st century phone!!! :confused:

Oh, sorry to hear ! :( yeah, cc can be difficult to track, especially if you have a lot of it (and if you have bugs it is quite a nightmare to see which one is causing the problem). I hope in the future they add more historical content although I don't have much hopes haha I totally understand the struggle with the phones xD
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Elwood Moss and his wife Penelope moved from Port Promise to Grims Quarry. Finally Penelope as a green fiend has a home she loves.

Penelope's garden is thriving here. None of the plants have reverted to dirt piles or lost quality levels.
    h1jos0V.png

Their cat Benny hasn't run away either. He loves his new home. :)
    PjAV47Q.png

The only one who is not happy is Elwood. :/
    0OvO9Mj.png
    Ij3Bv7E.png

They decided to have a baby.
    qrBDJ6W.png
    3r5CRvh.png
    uJxg9td.png
    Elwood looks happy, finally. :wink:

"Honey, I'm pregnant."
    O86CHVj.png

Knox came to visit and because free love NAP is active also in this neighborhood, he kissed Penelope's neck in front of Elwood. Elwood didn't mind. :D
    NeFalKP.png

Penelope gave birth to twin girls. Their names are Heather and Juniper. <3
    QSl6LL5.png

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I decided to play my historical Orient save today with autonomy on (Imperial challenge) and the first thing Chief Steward Lee did was start a fire! Dude, that's not even your responsibility.

The palace maidens had to save him. And the fire extinguisher completely broke the immersion.

I'm pretty sure the Emperor will demote him to like the night soil carrier or smth after this. :joy:

Steward-fire1.jpg

Steward-fire-2.jpg

Steward-fire-3.jpg
  • Options
    I decided to play my historical Orient save today with autonomy on (Imperial challenge) and the first thing Chief Steward Lee did was start a fire! Dude, that's not even your responsibility.

The palace maidens had to save him. And the fire extinguisher completely broke the immersion.

I'm pretty sure the Emperor will demote him to like the night soil carrier or smth after this. :joy:

Steward-fire1.jpg

Steward-fire-2.jpg

Steward-fire-3.jpg

This is awesome !! May I ask where did you get the cc? :)
  • Options
    So I can finally post pictures !

Today Juliette and Diderot worked in their usual activities (we need to get the money going!)

dnNtBJN.png

But there was a sad air in the atmosphere; Brielle is still deeply in love with Diderot, and it doesn't help that she has to see him everyday. Furthermore, Juliette is sometimes cruel (Diderot is her husband, after all), and gives her the worst tasks.

mTlnWF6.jpg

She's found a new passion, however, that helps her deal with the harshness of life!
    5LSGwH4.jpg

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    dawnmayer wrote: »

This is awesome !! May I ask where did you get the cc? :)

If you're looking for some general Orient cc I've got some linked here. But if there's something specific you're looking for in those pictures, let me know and I can point you directly to the creators.

Edited to add that I really like your game. Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. :smile:
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

noz2KVU.png

o.O "Icon Coming Soon" Okaaaay, now what do you suppose that means? Is it a placeholder for the new Nifty Knitting SP? Perhaps something for the new GP? Or maybe the 'small surprise' in the upcoming update/patch? I have no idea but I found it interesting that SO many Sims kept having this same thought bubble popping up. Maybe my game just needs to be repaired? It's just weird. Has anyone else saw this? Also, do your Sims keep thinking about trains too? Mine do.

:open_mouth::confused:

How bizarre!

@mercuryfoam

Love your pics, Mercury! :)

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2020
    While Tamery was taking a lunch break, Erwin Pries wandered by and started talking about all the conspiracies going on. Tamery and Erwin, both geeks, became friends pretty quick.

Tamery: "Hey Erwin! Why don't you help me build this rocket ship! I'm interested in hearing your theories as we work!"
    Erwin: "Yibbs! That sounds cool!"
    Pzg6683.png

"EUREKA!!! We've done it!"
    OawyENT.png
    G5xsaWe.png

Using her invention, the biggafier, Tamery made the rocketship really big into a SUPER-Rocketship.
    T9BzJQm.png

Hitting it off really well as geeky friends, she invited him to be her roomate at the science-lair Calhouni residence. "There is a spare bed... or if you prefer, you could share my bed," Tamery hinted slyly to Erwin.
    wPBe8wZ.jpg

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2022
    It is a beautiful warm autumn in Britechester. Patrik loves to practise yoga at his dorm garden. He does it to rest his mind.
    20-7-2020-10-45-01.png
    He is taking four classes per semester so he usually has to run fast to his classes. He is very busy with studying.
    20-7-2020-13-56-53.png
    At the end of a day he likes to grab some food his dormmates bring in and watch a TV with dormmates in his super cozy living room.
    20-7-2020-14-17-41.png

Recently Patrik was looking for a partner for life but all of the cute sims were unflirty. Not anything he wants to deal/live with. So I created a spouse for him and I randomized the traits. I love her! I hope they will get on well. They haven't met yet.
    20-7-2020-15-43-12.png
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @dawnmayer The gal playing the piano, where did you find the cc hair?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @dawnmayer The gal playing the piano, where did you find the cc hair?

Hey ! This is the link : http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/2018/01/ts4-marie-antoinette-hair-ts3-conversion.html
    Have fun ! :smiley:
  • Options
    @dawnmayer Thanks for the link! I'll be looking through those.

The direct site is safe downloading from Sim File Share.

To everyone, careful of third party dl links like adf.ly
    Avoid that at all times. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    This happened last time i played yesterday. So, a fire started in my sims house and she called the fire department. They arrived fast and with zero issues, stood around for a minute or so and then almost put all fires out. What they must have not noticed is that the roommate was on fire too, and the funny thing is that one of them walked to her while she was still on fire and jumbing around, told her that they were done doing their job or something like that, and then they left! Do they not extinguish sims on fire? is this not part of their job? i was so confused lol.
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    This happened last time i played yesterday. So, a fire started in my sims house and she called the fire department. They arrived fast and with zero issues, stood around for a minute or so and then almost put all fires out. What they must have not noticed is that the roommate was on fire too, and the funny thing is that one of them walked to her while she was still on fire and jumbing around, told her that they were done doing their job or something like that, and then they left! Do they not extinguish sims on fire? is this not part of their job? i was so confused lol.

Haha! My Sim Tamery caught herself on fire at the lab. I didn't know what to do so called the fire department. The lab caught on fire before the fire dep arrived so I tried having her put out the fire. But a popup said "You have to put yourself on fire out first before extinguishing a fire." Ok problem solved. Put herself out then the lab fire. Cancelled the fire department lol.

The rest of the science lab co-workers were useless and ran away screaming. :D

1mrQwSL.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I also had an instance where something similar happened, but the firefighters would just stand in front of the house and not even attempt to extinguish the fire! I had to go inside with one of my Sims and extinguish it myself, just to see them afterwards congratulating each other :|
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    "Hey, Erik, who got ahold of you? Your hair was your signature look."
    "I know. But, my Dad said it had to be cut before school. He just didn't say how short. I compromised."
    "Huh," the photographer said. "Who did the chop job, eh?"
    "The Chop Shop," Erik said, running a hand over his head, which felt light. "Won't go there again. Guess I should have taken a clue from their name. I think it's ruined. Going to have to go get a buzz cut, now."
    "Oh, don't do that," Sharrie, the make-up artist said. "Stand still, and let me knock the shine off of your face, okay? And, really, it's not as bad as you think. I think you look as cute as ever."
    LNXBRJW.jpg

"Well, thanks, that's kind of you to say. I do know when we went out to eat last night, it didn't seem to bother a particular fan …"

rSACS7E.jpg
    fAXfgpS.jpg

"No, I mean it, he was totally persistent."
    5g2Zft6.jpg

"Look this way, Erik."
    D0L8Wsm.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top