Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My sim, Noelle, just married and had her first child with Orange Bailey-Moon. Just before the wedding, I was playing a separate but related family who had just moved into a new house in the same neighborhood. Noelle and Orange were part of the welcome wagon, and when I wasn't paying attention, MCCC had Orange woohoo with one of the girls in the house I was playing, named Luna. I didn't know who she was with until it was over and I saw Orange leave the bed with her. Since Luna is a close friend of Noelle's (they're practically sisters), she's over at their house all the time, and I've had to cancel more than one romantic interaction between them. Luckily, Noelle hasn't noticed. I'm still deciding if I want to ignore this progression, or play it out.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @kimmer I so enjoyed seeing Vlad's antics XD He's one of my favorite sims. Looks like he had an awesome day at the spa!
    @GalacticGal -Thanks for liking Tobias! He's loving university and driving me crazy with all his antics lol. And that concert Erik put on for liberty day looked awesome! Are you by any chance using a mod?
    @Ellupelluellu Sometimes the vampire dark forms crack me up. I one time caught Lilith Vatore walking around in the llama mascot outfit. XD
    @crocobaura Your Selvadorada screenshots were gorgeous!
    @GlacierSnow It looks like David is having fun with university! I am glad he got to see his fiance at the romance festival
    @Admiral8Q Tamary and Erwin are so cute together!
    @DoloresGrey Sabina is precious! I think she and Patrik are a match made in sim heaven!
    @mercuryfoam That is such a cool idea for a play through! I am glad the Imperial Palace maidens were able to save the prince
    @dawnmayer I am so glad you can post pictures now!! Your sims are beautiful and I love your builds!

Ok so I am still playing my save with Joanna and Simeon Silversweater and their 5 kids. Their oldest son Tobias is at Foxbury University getting his physics degree. He's having the time of his life! A lot happened but I'll keep the post short :wink:
    Tobias just finished his second semester and is like a couple of days from finishing his 3rd! He did all his homework and presentations and turned things in time. Tobias became best friends with his roomie Frank Blanton.
    And his girlfriend Allyson comes to visit all the time hdnrBL8.png
    Frank was getting lonely since he didn't have a girlfriend so Tobias set him up with their other roommate, Mackenzie Slater. So now Frank and Mackenzie are dating! oNlVFCL.png
    The guys like their dorm house. It snowed one afternoon and they made snowpals and snow angels 9GtuBtJ.png
    One weekend Tobias left For Evergreen Harbor to visit his parents. Frank saw he was heading out and tagged along lol XD The air quality was really bad so they were hacking and coughing. Tobias was talking with Frank and his parents when his little brother Myron decided to try to make dinner. He caught himself and the stove on fire! t0SiuRw.png
    Fortunately Tobias was quick and save his life with the fire extiguisher
    JFZMYQR.pngAgmq2iZ.png
    His mom Joanna was a tad annoyed at the damage to her kitchen. She was glaring at their pet goldfish Cthulu QpnlLRo.png
    The boys love to party too 9NWZEjX.png
    Later that night, Tobias had a "cunning plan." They headed off to the Britechester campus and toilet papered the monument! gCV624M.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited July 2020
    @sarabeth2984 Yes, I use Road to Fame, which allows for the concerts. I've also stumbled across yet another mod, Showtime, which helps a Sim move along in their chosen career much faster than just RTF and GT. Plus, you have the capability of creating an Event, so that you can control when and where your Sim performs. This mod only needs the regular karaoke machine, whereas RTF you need the mic/karaoke combo machine. And a venue. In the past I was able to create a space on the Bluff to have my Sim sing there with just RTF. It was awesome.

US29A0T.jpg

Loved your story. The fire in the kitchen reminded me of a mishap in my mother's kitchen. I was asked to get dinner started, which consisted of heating up the oil in a pot for the french fries (or whatever we were planning on frying up) and there was this mesh lid … The mesh was designed to keep hot oil from splattering. I knew better than to cover a pot of oil to heat it up. But the mesh was to keep the oil from splattering …I feel for poor Myron.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    My sims' kids finally met their grandparents.

50135715937_90e5748004_c.jpg
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member

@sarabeth2984 , Lilith clearly was bored and wanted to try other options :D
    @GalacticGal , I have no idea do you like to see the offspring of your Erik in other peoples game , but anyway, my sim Veera, had a child with him , Erica. As a teen. Under spoiler, just in case :)
    dlzBiH3.png
    CAS pic.
    YjyUSEF.png
    In game, hugging her mom.

She lives with her dad and Erik's wife, but all are in good relationships with each others.
    My sim, her mom, Veera, is also a global superstar, just not at singing, songwriting.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well, awhile ago I figured out how to get two dogs to mate. Figured I'd check up on it.
    A puppy was born. :D
    Buster!
    I renamed him "Blutan". Interesting he took the grey fur.
    For some reason he was stuck outside the house. Finally I figured out I have to get someone to cary him in before he starves. Yeah, I'm still learning the cats & dogs thing. Good fun.

ROCvCjd.png

Focusing so much attention on the dogs, the cat's like, "Pay attention to ME! Rwooow! Mewruuow!" :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2022
    My sim met the girl I created for him.
    21-7-2020-9-13-01.png
    Everything went well...
    21-7-2020-9-15-33.png
    ...and a little bit awkward.
    21-7-2020-9-17-53.png
    Then he proposed.
    21-7-2020-9-20-17.png
    And she said YES!!!
    21-7-2020-9-20-39.png
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I got bored of my legacy family, even after trying to create some drama I was very bored so I created a new sim (and save) to play.

I literally created this sim, rented her an apartment, decorated it, applied for university, and saved the game, lol!! I don't remember the name of my sim but I am going to have her be an artist. Right now, she's got less than 40 simoleons in the bank (I made sure I used every penny I could for decorating the apartment so she could start broke). I am going to have her go to college using loans and study art. I thought it might be fun to have to go to school and try to pay bills with no art skill right now whatsoever.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    @Ellupelluellu I couldn't resist, I took a peek at her — she's gorgeous! I do hope you had him go to Confession for his misdeed. Oopsie. You'll have to let me know how he gained custody. ;) I do hope his wife is kind to her at any rate. Does she have siblings?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member

@GalacticGal , Erica was a result of student party, certain combination of NAPs , and MCCC risky woohoo percent being a bit too high, heh :) And back then it suited to storyline better that Erica was living with her dad :) It was not until Erica's late childhood when MCCC finally married Erik to a nice selvadoradan lady :) She has 3 little brothers, pics under spoiler.
    rxJUgtE.png
    Kaitlyn, Erik's wife.

cLgjLSh.png
    Logan

Luio5xW.png
    Michael

Their youngest is just a baby, so no picture :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu In a much earlier iteration of this game save, Erik married a girl named Kaitlyn, too.

VXvhS2k.jpg
    KEj51kr.jpg
    6NkTzLj.jpg
    edited July 2020
    Erik sighed. Bad enough he didn't win anything at the Accolades last night, he didn't even get so much as a mention. Beyond that, his hair was — well, it just wasn't a good look right now. Learning an elderly friend had passed on left Erik in a stupor. He was fully grieved and having a meltdown.
    J5tPidg.jpg
    He called the Sadness Hotline and afterward decided to take the advice. He found a better, more recommended Barber Shop and had the 'mess' taken care of.

It was way shorter than he was used to, more like back in seventh grade, but at least he felt better.
    SqDxACm.jpg

That evening he had a concert. The crowd was great, very generous with their applause and he should have realized from the electricity in the air something was up.The lighting was bad. He looked like a very pale alien.
    rYANNIX.jpg

However, the next morning his agent called. "You're kidding me. They did what? Wait, wait, wait, what time? Okay, I'll be there. Oh, is it all right if I bring my family and friends, or is attendance restricted. Great! Thanks, you're the Best!"

Erik got off of the phone and went out back. The day was early, yet the temperature was already climbing. Had to be close to 102, he decided. What a day! He wasn't the only one on fire, apparently.
    s2eiwgz.jpg

Erik called his family, he called his friends. They all went downtown in the heat, to share his big moment. Happily, Aaron, too, had been promoted. Aaron was a Barista, he pulled very early hours. Erik was glad his older brother was happy for him. They were happy for each other. Erik watched as the frame floated down toward him.
    ZEhjUxH.jpg

Reaching up at just the right moment, he caught it.
    g6ng2rD.jpg
    Z9CY56g.jpg
    With trembling hands, he placed it in the spot he'd chosen, ages ago. Almost dizzy, it was hard to believe the moment was here. It was actually here! That was hard to take in. Again, he felt a little dizzy.
    CCIcjmz.jpg
    "Wow," Erik said as the frame lit up.
    ANphwA1.jpg
    Getting up again, he glanced about him. The sidewalk was full. Guess becoming a recognized Global Superstar really was a big deal. At any rate, he was pleased. He couldn't stop smiling.
    M8WEC82.jpg

Taking a moment to change, they headed over to Chez Llama, newly remodeled.
    8eakzik.jpg
    Seated all together, Erik was flooded with a sense of jealously, as his date for the evening seemed to be enjoying his younger brother's attention all too much. He loved his brother, but he also recognized he had feelings for Tamela. They'd gone out on a couple of dates and really talked. Why did this big moment of his have to be marred, even a little bit?
    tJvdUaH.jpg
    Finally, their food arrived. Erik wondered how Tamela had managed to change her outfit, but she looked very nice, either way.
    1IxJHC1.jpg

At last they arrived home again. And Tamela somehow changed her clothing — again. What was up with this girl? Erik decided he had better let her know how much he liked her. Really liked her, before Joey got the jump on him. So, he recited poetry to her, this after serenading her at the restaurant.
    zCEIl4H.jpg

There was nothing so difficult, than to try to pour out your heart when your father is so very close at hand.
    awCwET0.jpg

Sixteen days! This is the quickest Erik has ever gained the Global Superstar status! Took three full weeks, in a save or two ago. Wow. Just wow. :) Just to be clear, those are Sim days. And that's what happened in my game today.

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    My sim, Harrison, just died of cardiac explosion! This was his second episode in two days. The first was on his daughter's birthday, and his wife successfully plead for his life. It just happened again (a sim-day later) and this time pleading didn't work. He left behind a wife and two kids. The oldest is elementary school aged, and the youngest just became a toddler. Luckily, they share a house with Harrison's brother, wife, and kid, so she's not on her own raising two young kids.

This is my first emotional death, and I'm heartbroken.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    edited July 2020
    My sim, Harrison, just died of cardiac explosion! This was his second episode in two days. The first was on his daughter's birthday, and his wife successfully plead for his life. It just happened again (a sim-day later) and this time pleading didn't work. He left behind a wife and two kids. The oldest is elementary school aged, and the youngest just became a toddler. Luckily, they share a house with Harrison's brother, wife, and kid, so she's not on her own raising two young kids.

This is my first emotional death, and I'm heartbroken.

I'm so sorry. It took ages before I experienced an Emotional death in my game. In my case the brother-in-law of my Global Superstar laughed himself to death. (Just as an aside, don't give a Vulcan an adult fruit drink and then tell him a joke.) Sadly, moments later his wife, my celebrity's ONLY sister died, too. Double-whammy. I tried to carry on, but that left my YA and his girlfriend attempt to take care of his toddler nephews, things went from bad to worse. I ended up rolling back the game save to when the twins were just infants. I never had him invite his sister and her hubby to a Charity Event again.

All of this to say, you have a few choices to make. Have your widow and her children try to carry on. (You never know she just may meet another Sim and remarry.) Or you could restart the family from the copy in your My Library. Or you could open door number three: roll back a game save to an earlier moment in time. Give yourself a moment and when you're emotionally ready choose a path. :'(
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2020
    I had a few 'incidents' yesterday. Knox Greenburg died of Rabid Rodent Fever (1st sim to do so) and came back as a hamster costume wearing ghost. Then there was a fire on the lot and two of the kids and a fireman got toasted (I forgot I had the fire spread/intensity mod still in my game). Knox is survived by his long term girlfriend Bailey Garvey (elder) and his daughter Trashley. His son Shark and step-daughter Anika died along with a random fireman. The mod is no longer in my game... the girlfriend almost died of hunger because the fire would not go out!

EDIT-
    LCziekI.png

3HdY2uF.png

qoTp6hR.png

edit 2 - Today Trashley aged up to teen, Knox and Bailey's genes made for a weird nose.

w3OStvG.png
    Post edited by jeepjeepcat on
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Wow, the game is turning brutal with all the deaths you guys are experiencing. My sympathies for your sim losses, @floridameerkat and @jeepjeepcat .
    Are you using harsh mods or did they ramp up the jeopardy levels in the game? (If it's the latter, I want to see more vamp break-ins and midnight snacking.)

@jeepjeepcat I'm sorry for your loss but that giant ghost hamster is awesome!

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2020
    In my case, the first was basically ignoring Knox, I wasn't keeping an eye on him. The fire started accidentally but I had a mod installed that basically made it Sims 1 amounts of fire and almost everyone died (if not fire then starvation) and aside from trying to extinguish it, which I was loath to do after the fireman died I had to wait it out and the fire would not go out!

edit - I'm so glad I removed the mod...
    IesnY9T.png
    Trashley lives to burn down another house!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Wow, you have a few days of carefully distanced family reunions and when you came back fire and death everywhere :D:#

It's almost like when you leave the game on and go to fix something thinking it is safely turned off.
    edited July 2020
    I haven't shut down my game just yet. But Erik is jealous and he will always remember that he was cheated on. (As the two new icons read.) Yeah, he finally asked Tamela to be his girlfriend and she agreed, but I still think she has her eye on Erik's next younger brother, Joey. I went ahead and checked Joey's friend status with Tamela and he is crushing on her a bit. About 1/4 of an inch of the romance bar is pink. :open_mouth: I think Erik and Tamela are in trouble, already. And this time, he's really focusing on her, too. What is up with this Sim?

It's even worse than I thought. Seems that Aaron, the eldest also has a very slight crush on her, too. This could be bad. The Cantrell kids are all very close. The boys generally have each other's backs, too. Hm.

Does she look bored to you?
    K5fpYeI.jpg

Feeling slightly insecure, despite his celebrity status, Erik decides to cement his relationship with Tamela.
    FaRy9YC.jpg
    He really does have feelings for her.
    Y9IPzqo.jpg

Later on all the kids, Adrian included, plus Mom, went for a swim together. The sun beat down on all of them. Just a few more days and summer would be gone.
    nXK9oeq.jpg

Joseph arrived home earlier than expected. "Joe?" Louise questioned, as he walked slowly through the door. "Is everything all right? You look awful, are you ill?"
    "Yeah, I'm sick to my stomach. Lu-Lu, I did the right thing. I did what my father always taught me. Huh," he grunted. "You know what it got me? I got canned! That's right I'm out of a job." With that he wadded up the paperwork and pitched it into his home office waste-paper basket.
    "Canned? Joe, what happened? I don't believe it." Louise sat down on the upholstered bench. Joe slumped as he stood nearby. She could see the tears glistening in his luminous blue eyes. "Darling, please, what is it?"
    Joseph drew in a ragged breath. "I-I-I was going over the company books, as part of my usual job. I noticed some very strange, abnormal expenditures and an account I'd never noticed before. Turns out there was a group of Board Members who were busy funneling company money into their own joint account."
    "Oh, that's just awful," Louise covered her mouth with both hands. She drew in a silent breath. "I take it you turned them in?"
    "I blew the whistle on them all. I had no choice. There was no way I could sweep it all under a rug and pretend I hadn't seen what I saw. That I knew nothing."
    "When did all of this happen?
    "A couple of weeks ago. Today, what was left of the Board, cleaned house. They fired all of those top executives involved in the scandal. Problem is, I got swept out, too. Not even a thank you. No severance pay. No nothing. We do have the inheritance money we can live off of, thank God the house is free and clear, but the kids will be going to university soon. Even if I got a job tonight, I wouldn't be able to save up enough in time."
    "Then they'll just have to seek scholarships and/or loans. I don't want you to worry about it. We can't risk your blood pressure. I'll get busy painting and sell some of my work, the way I did when we first started out. It'll be fine, you'll see. And if not, I'm sure Erik won't let us starve."
    "No, he's a good kid. He didn't argue with me over cutting his hair for school. I know he was miserable over it, too."
    "He had someone fix the mess the stylist made. He's fine now. And eager to please you. He loves and admires you. Besides, hair grows back." Trust me, Joe, it's all going to be all right."

Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    I got Moschino Stuff while it was 50% off during the last sale, and I'm having way more fun with it than I expected I would. :lol:

006-Todd-is-a-good-model.jpg

009-Dionysus-practices-on-his-guests.jpg

018-Glamor-shot-of-Lucy.jpg

031-His-display-wall-is-looking-good-now.jpg

I love the fact that there is an actual animation for using the camera while it's on the tripod. I use it along with cc custom poses to get these screen shots.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited July 2020
    Belinda Gregory, a sim I raised from birth, graduated from UBrite with a degree in Fine Art. She is going into the stylist career like her father Adam. It was the first time as a rotational player that I moved a sim on campus and stayed with them for more than a week (four to be precise). Although I never experienced the university life myself, it was a blast. Roommates, keg parties, relations coming to visit, homework, term papers, organisations, so fun! She even found a potential spouse in her roommate's friend whom she met when said roommate threw a party.

Some tips :

• Sending a sim you raised from birth will make it a doddle as they should have skills and enough reward points to buy necessary traits.
    • If at UBrite, buy a bicycle, if only to crank up the fun need by riding around.
    • Have dinner at the commons. It’s free and more nutritious.
    • Don’t rush the experience otherwise it’s just a relentless grind of work. Next time I’ll go for 6 weeks so my sim can spend more time doing other things. And more time means the academic aspiration will be achievable.
    • Don’t befriend students from the rival university as you’ll just taunt each other. One turned up at my keg party dressed as the lobster and caused chaos!
    • Although I had no issues getting to class on time, evade it by having your sim in the library come class starting time. They’ll dash out of the library straight into a loading screen.
    • I spent spare time tutoring and playing piano in a bar. Earned a total of $3000.
    Post edited by calaprfy on
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited July 2020
    Johnny Zest froze to death while I was playing with another household and the reaper didn't accept my pleading for him. :(
    Kaleb, my teen sim, took it upon himself to deliver Johnny's urn to his family.
    fb6xoWQ.png

Kaleb tried to explain what happened to Johnny's wife, Cassandra.
    3CR8Ura.png

But Cassandra was hearing none of it.
    lWkUtua.png

That was until Johnny's ghost appeared.
    fMJZBn9.png

Johnny still had so much to live for, so immediate steps were taken to bring him back to life. Cassandra's mother, Karen, is a top chef so I had her whip up ambrosia.
    OCPgGPH.png

Karen brought over the meal as soon as she was done.
    oocwUKJ.png
    PP4Jrdf.png

And Johnny's back, baby!
    rwhtyAy.png

It's funny because I just wanted a chill play session and was enjoying winter vacation with Kaleb (my teen sim), then here's Johnny had to up and die from the cold, being one of the few sims in my game to do so (I have a mod that reduces the chance of dying from the cold to 10%). And it was kind of stressful getting all the ingredients for the ambrosia along with having Johnny's twin babies screaming in my ear as I'm trying to play through the story as quickly as I can. :weary: Anyways, it's kinda fun when the game throws a wrench in my plans now and again.

@GlacierSnow Nice pictures. I surprisingly enjoyed the Moschino pack too. I've only played with it a little bit, but it is definitely enjoyable. I just wish there was a way to take pictures and not have them fill up the screenshot folder.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    @HopeyStarr Thanks! :smiley:

I periodically just delete all the photos and "paint from reference" shots from the screenshot folder because it doesn't affect the photos or paintings in the game (they stay in the game even after the images are deleted from the screenshots folder). But for me that's easy to do because I actually don't keep my screenshots in the screenshots folder, I keep them elsewhere. So all that is in the screenshots folder is photos and paintings, and I don't have to hunt through the images to find them. I just delete everything.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    @GlacierSnow That's a good idea!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    okay so played a tiny bit so I wouldn't immediately over load my screenshot folder, I mean I delete the ones I'm not gonna share but this way less to go through cause...I have a problem lol.

So I always have a test save after patch or when mods go back in and I got this.
    ChYHSey.png
    I forgot her name but Darrel likes her so...yeah.
    92AeKsa.png
    She was only talking to them cause I couldn't find Bella yet, she has a thing for housewives.
    1EVLVmU.png
    As if to say...
    "Honey I'm married."
    "Well doll....I can change that"
    Take that as you will lol.
    tVTN0jH.png
    gmH4506.png
    After failing a bit since Bella was turning her charms on her husband she went home and called Darrel to go with her but even though he was interested after the enchanting intro he got upset with her complimenting him so they were just salty together instead. Say what you will but I think there was a slight adjustment in flirting somewhere...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top