Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Lucky kiwis and Australians.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2020
    If I want to save my cc and mods do I just remove my mod folder and put it on my desk top then put it back in after the update? Thanks for any help with this ❤️
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Anyone know if the release is earlier in New Zealand/Australia like a staggered release? Its 11pm release where I live and 12am on the east coast, so I wonder if its its earlier in New Zealand. If that's the case I'll probably hop over there and be a kiwi for a day so I can play eco living on Thursday.

Somehow I thought NZ gets it first, but if it's only 1 hour ahead of your time, then my guess is that you're getting it at their 12 am- so 11 pm your time? At least that's how it's for the UK and Europe (they get it our midnight, so 11 pm). But I'm not 100% sure if it's the same for you (all I know is that I use a VPN to get it when Australia gets it so I can play right after work instead of having to wait til midnight here :joy:)

Well I am in the US so I am unsure of the time differences in release. Basically I have a 11pm release in central US time so I'm curious if VPN hopping to NZ or Australia will get an earlier release. I can always just wait till 11pm.....but I want it earlier lol.

Here are countdown timers to help, though sometimes the NZ/Australia one is off a bit:https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/30/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-pc-and-console/
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Remember, with a VPN you can download the pack from Australia regardless of your regional release time. As long as you pay the full price for your region, this is not out of line of EA Guidelines (unless something has changed since Seasons). I'll be getting the pack 8 hours early :smiley:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    EdithV wrote: »
    If I want to save my cc and mods do I just remove my mod folder and put it on my desk top then put it back in after the update? Thanks for any help with this ❤️

Basically yes, just don't add it all back in at once as this patch will probably break a lot of mods. The CC is, I think, usually a bit less sensitive to this but with all the BB changes coming in this patch, I'd be careful about that too.

As a general rule, it's always best to wait until mod creators have confirmed that all their mods are updated and save for use before putting them back in, to avoid breaking anything in your game. You can usually find this info on their Twitter, discord or Tumblr pages.

If you decide to put stuff back in before confirmation that it's safe and you tend to use a lot of cc/mods, do it in batches. Add in some of them, play for a bit to see if everything is normal. Then add in the second batch. This will help you isolate any mods or cc that might be causing problems and leave those out until there is a fix for them.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member

Basically, yes that will work. But you should also back up all your game files (incl the mods). A pack install *can* (if very unlucky) affect other files than just the mods. And a backup should be saved to a different drive/cloud.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Basically yes, just don't add it all back in at once as this patch will probably break a lot of mods. The CC is, I think, usually a bit less sensitive to this but with all the BB changes coming in this patch, I'd be careful about that too.

As a general rule, it's always best to wait until mod creators have confirmed that all their mods are updated and save for use before putting them back in, to avoid breaking anything in your game. You can usually find this info on their Twitter, discord or Tumblr pages.

If you decide to put stuff back in before confirmation that it's safe and you tend to use a lot of cc/mods, do it in batches. Add in some of them, play for a bit to see if everything is normal. Then add in the second batch. This will help you isolate any mods or cc that might be causing problems and leave those out until there is a fix for them.

Hope this helps!

In addition, I'm sure luthienrising will be doing another of her awesome broken/updated mods/cc threads over in the Mods section of the forum.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Hope this helps!

In addition, I'm sure luthienrising will be doing another of her awesome broken/updated mods/cc threads over in the Mods section of the forum.

Agreed 100%, those threads are gold! Be sure to bookmark them @EdithV :)

ETA: checked, it's not there yet, but you'll find it here sometimes tonight I guess: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/discussions/luthienrising
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Speaking of consoles I hope the travel crashes are addressed as well as corruptedsaves with the console patch. This issue started happening after the December Patch according to a lot of people.

As much as I'm excited for the patch and the patch notes (I legit love reading them) I'm also curious what the patch will break and also what the EP will break too lol. Give and take lol.
  • Options

Hope this helps!

Okay so I do that then put all the cc back but not my mods? I tend to take the broken ones out until they are updated but this patch seems it might have more negative consequences to cc and mods. Thanks so much for your help ❤️
  • Options

Hope this helps!

Is this thread typically on the general thread not in packs?
  • Options
    elsie_delsie_d Posts: 7 New Member
    > @EdithV said:
    > If I want to save my cc and mods do I just remove my mod folder and put it on my desk top then put it back in after the update? Thanks for any help with this ❤️

You can opt to just copy and paste your mods folder, Tray folder, and folders with your screenshots and videos, to your desktop or backup to a thumb drive, but you are better off backing up the entire Sims 4 folder as @Simmervile has suggested. You can proceed as though doing a folder refresh and change the name of the folder to something you'll remember, like Sims 4 Backup or Sims 4 Old. You can leave this renamed folder or move to your desktop or, as @Simmervile suggested, backup/move to a different drive or to the cloud. When you restart the game, Origin will create a brand new Sims 4 folder under Documents, making your renamed folder a backup.

EA Help “BACKUP AND RESET THE GAME”: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Hope this helps!

Is this thread typically on the general thread not in packs?

It'll be here:

The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content > General Mods Discussion
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I just have to get through today then I can download the patch when I get home tonight! May work fly by quickly and without meltdowns 😂
  • Options
    HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I thought I could fit in 10 minutes (..okay an hour) of simming before work this morning before the patch update (UK time) and one of my sims caused a fire (the first fire I've had in my game for aggggeess), I have NEVER been so angry for a fire before, how DARE they cause a fire right before the patch update, it could be months before I see fire fighters organically! 😂
  • Options
    AlabamaAngylAlabamaAngyl Posts: 15 New Member
    Can we confirm the patch is today? Or has it been bumped to tomorrow? Thank you.
  • Options
    Can we confirm the patch is today? Or has it been bumped to tomorrow? Thank you.

So far it hasn't. And I kinda hope it won't, but no news either way. It's not something they usually tweet that much about, though, is it? So it may not be affected be the BLM blackout. And I'm hoping they want it out a few days before the game to know which bugs are from the patch and which from the pack.
  • Options
    AlabamaAngylAlabamaAngyl Posts: 15 New Member
    What time do patches normally post Central time? I've heard both 9am and 1pm, but is that PDT where the headquarters are in California? That would be either 11am my time, or 1pm.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Cant wait for this to come out, I dont normally buy full price packs but this will be a belated birthday present to myself!
    Does anyone know if they have fixed the curtain/mirror situation?? (coz it would be weird if you could place the windows wherever but not the curtains!
  • Options
    anadiusanadius Posts: 3 New Member
    > @AlabamaAngyl said:
    > What time do patches normally post Central time? I've heard both 9am and 1pm, but is that PDT where the headquarters are in California? That would be either 11am my time, or 1pm.

It was 10am PST/PDT time for 1.61 and 1.62:
    1.61 was released on 2020-02-04 18:00 UTC time, that's 2020-02-04 10:00 PST time.
    1.62 was released on 2020-04-07 17:00 UTC time, that's 2020-04-07 10:00 PDT time.

But as I earlier said, 1.63 was planned for 2020-06-02 14:00 UTC time but now it says 2020-06-03 14:00. I've asked SimGuruPopcorn about that on Twitter but got no reply.
  • Options
    anadius wrote: »
    > @AlabamaAngyl said:
    > What time do patches normally post Central time? I've heard both 9am and 1pm, but is that PDT where the headquarters are in California? That would be either 11am my time, or 1pm.

It was 10am PST/PDT time for 1.61 and 1.62:
    1.61 was released on 2020-02-04 18:00 UTC time, that's 2020-02-04 10:00 PST time.
    1.62 was released on 2020-04-07 17:00 UTC time, that's 2020-04-07 10:00 PDT time.

But as I earlier said, 1.63 was planned for 2020-06-02 14:00 UTC time but now it says 2020-06-03 14:00. I've asked SimGuruPopcorn about that on Twitter but got no reply.

Where does it say this with 6-3? Aww that would be understandable yet so sad xD
  • Options
    anadiusanadius Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > Where does it say this with 6-3? Aww that would be understandable yet so sad xD

Here: https://api1.origin.com/ecommerce2/public/OFB-EAST%3A109552299/en_US?country=US
    When you open Origin (and own Sims 4 of course) it loads this data. Open this link and search for "effectiveDate", you will find 4 results. 2 for Mac, 2 for Windows. 2 for "live" update (so 1.62) and 2 for "staged" one (1.63).
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Aaaand it's delayed

Great, now I won't be able to concentrate for another day at work while not having the time or luxury not to be able to concentrate lol. But yeah, it's understandable.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    :'( oh well what's one more day. Maybe it's to do with all the stuff happening in the world maybe they ran into a glitch with the new pack. Maybe working from home has put a constraint on release dates such as patches.