Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    New Zealand or Australia.
    Thanks I’ll try that out.
    Is it unlocked for Australia or New Zealand yet or is that tomorrow?

It's just under 23 hours for Australia/New Zealand. Yay countdown timers!
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/30/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-pc-and-console/

Idk why they can't just release it at 9-10am on the day of world wide (according to the time zone they work in) but whatever.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    So they definitely updated the UI in many places. The Lot Info options in BB Mode got updated where it's lot info then a separate icon for traits with new look and then tiny living rewards if you have that.

Loving the new bills and inventory interfaces!

Hmmmm I could be wrong but I feel they forgot to put the X/Close icons in some of the new UI windows such as bill information lol. Game Options seem to be missing the X/Close too.

Console:
    I could definitely be wrong or wishful thinking but the game somehow looks more crisp. The magic effects seem to pop more and I swear my Sim looks a higher quality same with the lighting. Again could be wrong. Also! I feel the game is snappier. Speed 3 while sleeping was lightning quick! I dunno maybe I'm wrong??

Yay update!
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    So they definitely updated the UI in many places. The Lot Info options in BB Mode got updated where it's lot info then a separate icon for traits with new look and then tiny living rewards if you have that.

Loving the new bills and inventory interfaces!

Hmmmm I could be wrong but I feel they forgot to put the X/Close icons in some of the new UI windows such as bill information lol. Game Options seem to be missing the X/Close too.

Console:
    I could definitely be wrong or wishful thinking but the game somehow looks more crisp. The magic effects seem to pop more and I swear my Sim looks a higher quality same with the lighting. Again could be wrong. Also! I feel the game is snappier. Speed 3 while sleeping was lightning quick! I dunno maybe I'm wrong??

Yay update!

For me the game is way snappier and faster now,but that's probably because i played with no mods for the 1st time in a loooong while :smile:
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yay for patch day. Will hold me over till pack day. I’m loving the patch so far. Starting playing my off the grid family again.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Finally managed to finish work for today and read the patch notes and woooow this is so massive and so cool!! So many things we didn't even know would come <3 Now I just need to go walk my dog with a massive pain in my leg but then I hope to get in an hour of simming before bed. And then, tomorrow after work, it's 4 days of ECO LIFESTYLE :D
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’m so excited to see all the new things! Only 4 and a half hours till I can go home and update 😂
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I’m so excited to see all the new things! Only 4 and a half hours till I can go home and update 😂

Make sure you open up a brand new save as many are experiencing game crashing on existing saves. Hopefully a hotfix will appear for this in the next few days.

Make sure you open up a brand new save as many are experiencing game crashing on existing saves. Hopefully a hotfix will appear for this in the next few days.

Or backup your current one just in case before loading it. Haven't had any issues with the game crashing but still did it to be safe.
    @loubyloulou and @SimTrippy I will remember those 😂 I’ve set everything up just so for the ep in one save I don’t want to lose that!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I looked at the patch stuff and now I'm back to twiddling my thumbs... :D

Not much I can do now til Friday. Hurry up, Friday, PLLLEEEEEASSSE! Do I really have to get through yet another day of work before then? (this is just my humour, by the way - thought I would clarify that just in case I get called a spoiled privileged brat again).
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    That was a nice patch I did not know about the crashing some people are having I'm using an existing save but I've only used it a little bit for set up and it seems to be fine but I'll remember to save more and watch for it. Personally I really like the new make up and wanted to show it off on an old sim of mine. Now she's a critic but maybe she'll do something else when the pack comes out.
    x0Nut0i.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Not much I can do now til Friday. Hurry up, Friday, PLLLEEEEEASSSE! Do I really have to get through yet another day of work before then? (this is just my humour, by the way - thought I would clarify that just in case I get called a spoiled privileged brat again).
    Where’s our fast forward button? I need all the pack things! I’m just bummed I don’t have a 3 day weekend for playing.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Where’s our fast forward button? I need all the pack things! I’m just bummed I don’t have a 3 day weekend for playing.

i want a time turner.
    In case anyone is interested in early access vids, the embargo has lifted:
    Also, if anyone can direct me to a nice Foxbury Commons reno I'd be much obliged <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Also, if anyone can direct me to a nice Foxbury Commons reno I'd be much obliged <3

Try Larry's Lagoon Reno by 3lcEcuBe3 which is the one I have in my game, its the best one I could find.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I spent hours last night building my simmy bank with a basement full of vaults for any rich sims to use and avoid taxes (high bills lol). It turned out better than I expected so I'm a happy bunny :)

Don't think there's much I can do with the patch tonight so i might just make my new Evergreen Harbour family.

Friday is getting close! YAY.

So if you put stuff in the vault it doesn’t count for bills?

Only if the vault is on a community lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited June 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Try Larry's Lagoon Reno by 3lcEcuBe3 which is the one I have in my game, its the best one I could find.

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow! I'd just start furnishing my own for lack of a better option, but it still needs quite a bit of improvement lol.
    GtjOoi0.png

Well, I'm off to bed now to get through one last day of work.. then it's simming and simming only <3 Will do my best to stop working in time tomorrow and get the new EP as soon as possible. So excited :D

Good night everyone!!!
    Wohoo finally downloading the patch! Now I can fix my house 😂 and go see the CAS I have a feeling I’ll still be sticking to CC makeup though
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    1 Day Left!!!!!

We get to download at Midnight Tomorrow!!!!!!
    Hurray we’re finally almost there!
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    5 days ago the countdown felt slow, but now it feels fast....
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2020
    I want it - but I've spent so much money on the Game Packs and other EPs when they were on sale! :(
    Is there a perk to pre-ordering?
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Counting down the hours now instead of days. I can grab my copy tomorrow at nine PM Pacific, and I am so ready to play. Updated, cleared my mods folder, backed up everything that's important, grabbed a few crucial mods that have been updated, and I have a freezer filled with food I cooked yesterday after I heard about the update being delayed. Now I'm going to take a look at the new features from the update. I have a new eco-friendly tiny house to rebuild since I can't open old saves just yet. Yep, Life is good. <3